InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed Truths ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

Tiarella_Cordifolia

¤ [Shadowed Truths] ¤ *revised*

- - - - - - People say that Fate and Destiny work hand-in-hand.

- - - - - - Somewhere in the Feudal Ages, Fate and Destiny have decided to unite two lonely souls, misunderstood by the world around them, to bring forth the light. (Sess/Kag)

Disclaimer: I do not hold any claim to the characters of "Inuyasha" whatsoever. Don't sue me.

___________________________________________________________ « Part 3 »

(A/N) Sesshou meets Kagome in this part! =D Sugoi!

As they walked passed the huts, the first thing they noticed was that something was not quite right in the village. Firstly, they did not meet a single person along the way. Secondly, it was all too quiet, and you know what they say about those times when everything seems too still.

The whole gang was together now and they've decided to head straight to Kaede's to determine what was wrong. She was the village miko afterall. If there's anything fishy going on in the village, she would be the first to know.

"It should be right ahead…"

They came upon an open field with a rather large hut at the end. It seemed a pretty natural thing for a village to provide open land for the miko ofcourse, but that was not what was odd.

In front of them stood the whole population of the village, fidgeting under one man's gaze. Or more accurately, one youkai's gaze.

A growl emitted from Inuyasha's throat and all of Kagome's companions went into position. She stood in the middle, confused, with a frightened kit in her arms. Kouga merely stood in front of her as if to defend her, a gentleman in every way.

"Sesshoumaru…"

Slowly, the demon in question turned to face them. Kagome gasped.

He stood, tall and proud. His expression, apathetic. With silver white hair thrown across his shoulders, he strode, no, stalked across the field. His golden eyes never wavered from Inuyasha's. In fact, as Kagome just noticed, the two looked quite similar aside from the fact that one was an untouchable, handsome youkai and the other was an impulsive, cute hanyou. Sauntering up to the crowd, he smirked.

"And how are you brother dearest?" Sarcasm dripped with every word.

And with that, Inuyasha charged.

Only to be blocked and thrown aside carelessly to the side. Kagome gasped once again, dropped Shippou, knowing he would land safely, and rushed towards Inuyasha's side. However, as soon as she reached him, he hastily threw her away, mumbling something along the sides that he didn't need help from pathetic humans. Her eyes stinging for reasons she could not imagine, having known him for barely more than two days, she was then grabbed off her feet. She turned to face a deadly calm Sesshoumaru.

"And who, might I ask, is this wench?" he drawled.

Taking matters into his own hands, Kouga stepped forward and retrieved her from their enemy's grasp. As she stumbled behind him, she never lost contact with Sesshoumaru's penetrating eyes.

"That, would be my love, Kagome." And with that, a kiss was planted upon her brow.

Sesshoumaru's head turned sharply towards him as he glared sharply at the wolf-youkai. Kagome blushed heavily at being called his love, but dared not speak for fear of her voice failing her. Besides, he must have lied so in order to protect her.

"Ah, so I see you live up to your reputation Kouga."

"What reputation?" False innocence sugarcoated his words. For the first time, Kagome seemed wary of her new friend. Perhaps he wasn't that much like her shy Hojo back in the modern day. She narrowed her eyes, suddenly not so flattered at all being named his lover.

Sesshoumaru merely smirked. "I don't know what you see with such indecently dressed humans, but I do believe you should restrain from such in the future, seeing as how your name is being sullied in the youkai circle."

Kouga glared.

"What are you even doing here. A youkai with your status shouldn't bother coming to such lowly human settlements such as this."

Sesshoumaru gave him a predatory grin.

"Ah…but you see, I am in need of, for lack of better words, assistance from you all."

___________________________________________________________ « Fini »

Author's Note: Please review.