InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed Truths ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

Tiarella_Cordifolia

[Shadowed Truths] *revised*

- - - - - - People say that Fate and Destiny work hand-in-hand.

- - - - - - Somewhere in the Feudal Ages, Fate and Destiny have decided to unite two lonely souls, misunderstood by the world around them, to bring forth the light. (Sess/Kag)

Disclaimer: I do not hold any claim to the characters of "Inuyasha" whatsoever. Don't sue me.

___________________________________________________________ « Part 2 »

(A/N) Remember, this is the *revised* edition. Just a little note, it starts off pretty much with the same ideas as the real "Inuyasha", and I hold no claim to that either. Other than that, it's sorta shortened and modified, w/ slight Inu/Kag but not really. [In other words, this is an AU fanfic] It will be really long before I actually introduce Kag to Sess and even longer perhaps for them to fall in love with each other. Please be patient though, I think it would be better longer. On with the story!

The soft light of the morning seeped through the sheltering leaves of the forest, warming away any of the night's cold traces. Gentle breeze playfully swept above and under the branches, kindly teasing a young maiden into consciousness. Mumbling, she squeezed her eyes tightly shut and drew the covers over her, as if to shut off any connections to the now awakening surroundings.

Frustrated, she threw the covers back down and sighed wistfully, already missing the sweet bliss of rest. Fluttering eyelashes kissed her skin as she slowly became accustomed to the light. Suddenly with a thought, she bolted straight up, wide-awake and tense as if expecting an approaching danger.

`Was it all a dream…? `

Cautiously, she looked about and took in the nature all about her. She breathed a sigh of disappointment, but ironically, hints of relief were scattered all about her features.

`So it was real'

Indeed. Kagome Higurashi, a high school honors student with everything a girl could wish for in the modern century, was stuck 500 years in the past. And not just any past, the Feudal Ages, a time where youki and magic roamed free.

It sounded horribly cliché.

Stifling yet another sigh, she stood up and stretched, working out the knots in her shoulders and back, not yet accustomed to sleeping on a disfigured forest floor. She pulled down her black jockey shorts with the white and blue strips running along the sides that she was running in before she jumped down the well. It was still awfully cold in the morning. Thank goodness she had on a faded forest green long-sleeved T-shirt over her white tank top, even if it had slits along the top to uncover her shoulders and rode just slightly below her belly-button. At least she could pull down her tank top to cover most of the uncovered skin. Kneeling down, she carefully wrapped up the borrowed blanket she slept in and placed it neatly on her lap in attempts to warm up her legs as she sat leaning along the side of the base of a tree. She combed through her hair with her fingers and tied her hair into low pigtails using the elastic bands that was on her wrist. Shivering when the wind kissed her bare shoulders that was only covered in a small portion by part of the T-shirt and the two thin straps of her tank top, she drew her hands to rest upon them. Startled by a soft grunt above her, she glanced up and saw the red outlined figure resting on one of the tree's branches. She briefly caught a soft "Feh!" from Inuyasha, ignoring his comments on how indecently she was dressed. It wasn't her fault it was summer there, where girls her age wore even less appropriate attire than she was when exercising and it was fall here, where girls her age didn't even wear shorts.

And so she sat there, waiting for the rest of the group to wake up to take her to see Kaede, the village miko to determine who she was and see if there was anyway to send her back to her world.

___________________________________________________________

It was about an hour before they were up and ready to go. And without breakfast as well.

Shippou, the adorable little kitsune, had practically begged to be carried by Kagome. Ofcourse, he was met with little resistance when he scampered into her arms. No one could ever resist those cute little eyes. It ran in kitsune blood. Besides, Kagome didn't need an excuse to warm herself up now that she had a live teddybear to hug to her chest. Not that it was that cold then as than in the morning.

Little was said aside from Miroku's supposedly usual perverted comments. Kagome didn't feel that it was healthy to be so, um, physically absorbed as he was, especially when he is often severely hurt afterwards. When she asked about his "wandering hands" though, an unnatural silence came about them. She assumed she had touched upon a discussion not to be shared with strangers claiming to be from the future and allowed her question to be left unanswered.

As they continued to walk in their tense atmosphere however, a big blur ran straight into their group and stopped in front of Inuyasha. As soon as everything seemed to be settled, a young man smirked in their direction and dropped into a fighting stance. A growl was emitted from the stranger's throat that seemed to provoke or challenge Inuyasha's growl, seeing as he too crouched down to attack.

And then, Inuyasha pounced.

Quite literally, drawing his sword in mid-air to slash upon the intruder, but was blocked as the young warrior held up his own sword and using Inuyasha's own weight against him, threw him on the ground as he in turn fought to strike Inuyasha on the ground. He missed as Inuyasha just barely rolled to the side and landed back on his feet. The two exchanged rapid thrusts of the sword, entitling to fancy footwork. It continued as so, as Kagome hung by the sidelines, held still by fear as she had never before seen youkai aside from yesterday, much less be so close to a fight where the people fighting my very well be fighting over her chances to return back home. Suddenly however, Inuyasha charged straight towards the unidentified youkai, as Kagome assumed from his speed as well as his demonic features of pointed ears, tails, and fangs, sword drawn and clashed when blocked. They pushed their weight upon each other's sword, both seeming to be fighting for control, before Inuyasha's opponent smirked and flung him on the ground and pointed his sword at the base of his throat.

Kagome gasped.

Licking the blood from his sword, the stranger grinned as she made eye contact with him, and turned back to Inuyasha as he sheathed his sword and pulled the Inuyasha back on his feet.

"When will you learn? You still do not charge aggressively enough! It will be the death of you yet!"

"Feh! As if you care Kouga," he replied hotly.

Kouga, as the youkai was now identified, smirked and did not grace Inuyasha with a reply. Instead he turned to Kagome and with one knee on the floor, drew her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"And who, may I ask, is this beautiful young lady?"

"Uh! I still can't believe you would romance any female you see as long as it is not mutated! She's also human!"

Kouga's eyes flashed dangerously as he swung around swiftly and glared at him. "And my I remind you my young friend, you are hanyou." He spat the last word as if it were poison. "Inu-kuro!"

Inuyasha flinched. It was true that during these times, hanyou was a far worse fate than a human, for he was both scorned by the youkai and the humans, as he had a part of each enemy. Ofcourse, being new to this time, Kagome vaguely understood the prejudice, seeing as racism and the such was strictly forbidden during her time.

"My name is Kagome," Kagome answered Kouga's earlier question tentatively, trying to draw the two's attention away from another fight. She was not used to seeing bloodshed other than in movies.

"Ah yes. And what would such a lovely maiden such as yourself be doing in such ruthless company?

"Hey! I resent that!"

"Um," Kagome blushed and fidgeted under his gaze. He reminded her of Hojo, a young man back home who would continuously flatter her with comments such as these.

Kouga smiled gently. "Nevermind, come now, where might you be headed? I will escort you myself to ensure your safety my princess." And if it were possible, Kagome blushed even more.

"Argh! Get your filthy wolf-hands off her! She's coming with us to Kaede!" Inuyasha exclaimed agitated.

`Ah, so he is a wolf-youkai,' Kagome thought, desperately hoping to distract herself from his warm hand engulfing hers.

Kouga grinned charmingly at her. "Well, may I escort you and this wonderful kit you're holding?"

She smiled.

___________________________________________________________

As they neared the village, Kagome tried desperately to force away the blush upon her cheeks. The two were still at it, but Kouga was still showering her with praises. As she saw the village come into view, she breathed a sigh of relief. There shouldn't be any bloodshed here right? Seeing as to the hanyou, youkai and human companions were walking willingly and gaily towards the rows of huts. Kagome smiled brightly. Maybe she could wash up a bit, who knows? And get some good food while there too!

With a new bounce in her step, she yelled over her shoulder as she chased after Shippou who was squealing happily, "Last one there treats us all to lunch!" Though she knew quite well things went quite differently than a trip to a café and such.

Breathing heavily, she rested her hands on her knees as she crouched down to catch her breath. She was standing outside the village, not knowing which one she was to go to. She stood back up, wiping off the sweat glistening upon her brow, and for the first time that day, glad that she did wear her running shorts and all. She grinned. That is, before she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning abruptly, quite sure no one should be here but Shippou and herself, she saw Kouga with Inuyasha behind him. Eyes wide in awe and wonderment, Kagome sounded a small "o" before she realized the two had inhumanly speed. Ah wells, Sango and Miroku were still back there anyways. They would probably have a better idea of what a "lunch" was than those two anyhow.

"Where to?"

And they followed Inuyasha.

___________________________________________________________ « Fini »

Author's Note: Please be patient Sess/Kag lovers =) I need to explain lots of stuff before I get there. It should be a few chapters before they meet.

Please review. I haven't gotten a single review since the revision. I'm starting to believe I shouldn't have revised at all, but then, I feel this is a better story line than the non-existent one really for the earlier one. As soon as I get up to the point where everything is explained and nearly the same as the chapters I posted before, if no one ever reviews me, I will be greatly upset.