InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shaneloo ❯ Shaneloo the Preistess ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shaneloo

By: A.T. Sharp

"Shaneloo, the priestess"

It was a frosty morning as Luna awoke, struggling out of her harsh rough bed. The blue jewel on her forhead gleamed in the morning light shining through the huts window. She pulled her blue slippers on, barely able to see her feet over her round stomach.

She'd been waking up all night having severe cramping, the baby had kicked restlessly inside of her womb, leaving Luna having only a few hours of sleep.

She walked outside, seeing everyone in the village had already been going about thier everyday village. Luna wondered what time it was.

Luna walked back into the hut and longed to be able to keep the child she would soon birth, though she hoped it would have her lavender hair.

Luna felt a sharp pain strike her stomach, sending her to the dirty floor of her home. She cried out in pain, clutching the baby she held in her womb.

Soon, a man rushed in from outside, and helped her to her hard bed, and helped her bring the baby into this world.

Luna held the baby in her arms, knowing it would be the last and only time to see her child, her baby girl, that had her lavender hair, and her sea sky blue eyes.

A woman and a man quickly walked in, wearing very nice silk clothes, and grabbed the infant away sharply. They looked at the child as if she was thiers, as if they had been the ones to carry her in thier stomach for eight and a half months, and brought her into this world, as if she belonged to them.

Luna looked at the baby, and knew it would be the last time she would see her real mother.

The next four years went by quickly, as Shaneloo, the name her adopted parents named her, grew to be more and more beutiful, with her eyes growing more deeper blue, and her lavender hair growing longer, and Shaneloo never stopped to wonder where it came from.

Her adopted mother had brown hair and eyes, and her adopted father had black eyes and orange hair. The thought of them not being her birth parents never once crossed her kind gentle mind.

Shaneloo skipped playfully in the garden as her mother walked towards her, her stomach slightly bulging.

Anya, her adopted mother, held a small seed and a watering can. Shaneloo skipped beside Anya, deeply wanting to know what she was going to plant.

"Mommy?"Shaneloo asked, still staring at the seed. "Mommy, what kind of seed is that?"

"I do not know Anya, but we will see in a few weeks, after it is nourished by the rain, soil, and sun."Anya said.

"Why are you going to plant it?"Shaneloo asked.

Anya knelt down in front of a patch of soil, and so did Shaneloo. Anya handed Shaneloo the seed, and said, "I want you to plant it."

"Why?"Shaneloo asked.

"Because, it will be for your little brother or sister when they are old enough to take care of it on thier own."Anya replied. "And when you are done, I want to to get a pot and dig up that beutiful rose and place it in your room by your window. I planted it for you when I became preagnant with you so that when you were old enough, you would take care of it instead of mother nature. I think you are becoming more responsible now. I trust you to keep it alive."

"Oh. Don't worry, I can do it."Shaneloo said.

"There is some other things I want to give you, priestess Shaneloo."Anya said, holding Shaneloo's hand as they walked inside thier palace.

They went up the stairs and into Anya's room. Anya opened her marble dresser, and pulled out a small nicely carved box. She opened it and glared inside at two gems. She took one out and placed it around her neck, as a necklace.

She took the other out and did the same again.

"Why are you giving me these?"Shaneloo asked, looking at the beutiful jewels that hung around her neck.

"I want you to have them. Somday I will tell you, somday you will understand, my sweet Shaneloo."Anya said.

The next few months drug by slowly. Shaneloo counted the hours until the next time she could water her rose. She also kept an eye on her soon to be little brother or sister's flower.

After the first two weeks a leaf sprouted from the soil where she had planted the seed, but she still anticipated the day it would bloom, so she would know what flower it was.

After three months, the flower was ready to bloom. Shaneloo hoped it would be a rose, like hers.

Finally the day came when it bloomed. It turned out to be a violet. It was beutiful too.

Shaneloo was very dissapointed, but put it aside, and now awaited the birth of her little brother or sister.

"Mommy."Shaneloo said one day as the two sat by the stream and watched the fish swim by.

"Yes, little Shaneloo? What is it?"Anya asked.

"I'm not going to be little Shaneloo anymore. I'm going to be a big sister. Just call me Shaneloo, ok? Just Shaneloo."Shaneloo insisted.

Anya laughed, and said, "Ok, Shaneloo. What is it?"

"Can you make the new baby a girl? I want a little sister."Shaneloo asked.

Anya laughed.

Shaneloo looked at her seriously, wondering what was so funny.

"Heh, Shaneloo, I can't pick whether this baby will be a boy or a girl. It just depends on what happens."Anya said. "But if your wondering, I'm hoping its a girl myself also."

"Oh."Shaneloo said. "Will the baby be a priest or priestess too?"

"No. Only the first born can be the priest or priestess, and your the lucky one."Anya said.

Suddenly, Anya cried out in pain.

"Shaneloo! Get your Father! NOW!"Anya yelled.

Shaneloo was horrified. She didn't have a clue what was going on, and she wasn't about to leave her Mother's side.

"GO SHANELOO! NOW, PLEASE! GET YOUR FATHER! AHH!"Anya screamed.

Shaneloo stared at Anya, and got up, and ran to the palace.

"DADDY! DADDY! MOMMY NEEDS YOU QUICK! SHE'S DYING!"Shaneloo yelled, and her father quickly appeared.

"Where is she Shaneloo, tell me now!"Shanello's father said, grabbing her shoulders and looking her in the eyes.

"At the stream!"Shaneloo said.

Forlin quickly lossened his grip and ran out the door towards the wood with the stream in it. Shaneloo ran as fast as she could to follow, but her quickly dissapeared from view. Shaneloo tripped over her silk robe, and knocked her head unconciouse.

"ANYA! ANYA!"Forlin yelled as he saw Anya appear into view as he ran towards the stream.

Anya sat by the stream, facing the opposite way.

"Anya, are you alright?"Forlin asked out of breath, and approached Anya.

He gasped as he saw her holding the new baby girl, and had a tear in her eye.

"Oh, she's beutiful."Forlin said, as he reached down and held out his hands, and waited for her to hand him the baby, but she was motionless.

The baby cried as Anya fell over dead. Forlin quickly took the baby, and cried with her.

He went back to the house, placing the crying baby next to Shanaloo's unconciouse body. He pulled out his gun and put it to his head, and a gun shot rang throughout the woods, waking Shanaloo up.

Shanaloo drug the child back to the palace to find her Father's dead body and his blood sprayed everywhere.

The next week, after eight days of hiding in the woods, Shaneloo said to the baby, "Hello. I guess its just you and me now, huh? Your my little sister, which means I have to look out for you. I guess you want a name, huh? How about, Sashina? Yeah, you look like an Sashina. You have beutiful hair. Its so blue and beutiful. And your eyes are gorgeouse. I think I'm jealouse!"Shaneloo laughed to herself. "We'll get through this Sashina. I know we will as long as we're together, baby sister."

They didn't stay in the woods long before some villagers found the two sisters and put them in an orphanage. They were treated with the highest respect since they were rich.

They lived there for sixteen years, until one day.

"Priestess, PRIESTESS! We must evacuate you and your sister from this village!"one of the villagers yelled to them one day.

"What is it? Whats going on? I demand to know!"Shaneloo said frightened, hearing people scream outside.

"An attack from leapord demons, we must evacuate the village!"The man said, grabbing both girls hands and rushing them out the room.

Shaneloo pulled her hand away from the man and looked at him viciously. "I am not going to aboandon my village and let them die like this. I will stay with them and defend them."

"Look, I've been given specific orders to protect you and your sister, priestess Shaneloo. Please don't make my job difficult. I am taking you away from here, now come on!"the man said, grabbing her hand again.

"NO!"Shaneloo said, pulling her hand away again. She grabbed Sashina, and pulled her back.

Shaneloo took one of her jewels that were placed around her neck, and put it around Sashina's.

"I want you to have this. It was from Mother, before you were born. Take this in case I don't make it out. Now go with this villager."Shaneloo said quickly.

"No sister. I won't abandon you!"Sashina said, hugging her sister. "I won't."

Shaneloo gave her a hug, and said, "Don't forget me. If you love me, you'll save yourself. No matter what happens, you must stay alive."

A loud pounding was at the door, and kept on.

"Now GO!"Shaneloo pushed her sister away, and nodded her head, and ushered her into the hand of the villager, who took her through a secret panel in the wall.

A tear drizzled down Shaneloo's cheek as she saw her sister's face dissapear from view.

Many large leapoard demons knocked down the door to the room, and Shaneloo stared them in thier leapoard eyes, and studied thier spotted bodies. She pulled out her staff, and fought them off, and ran into the village and saw many more leapord demons, and dead bodies everywhere.

"NO!"Shaneloo said, and attacked, as the leapoards just stood there.

She had killed nearly all the demons before one took scratched her jewel off her neck.

"Ah!"Shaneloo yelled, as the demons ran off, with the jewel. "NO!"

She fell to the ground, and cryed. Her vision was blurry, but she was sure she could make out the form of a boy running towards her.