InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Glass ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shattered Glass

Chapter 15

"This is all my fault if only I was faster, I would have been able to save you in time and none of this would have happened. You wouldn't be in here suffering and practically fighting to live if I had saved you faster." Inuyasha said quietly as he took a hold of Kagome’s hand.

"It would have never happened..." Inuyasha said again quietly as he set his head down on the bed, still holding Kagome's hand, and fell fast asleep.


Meanwhile in the Waiting Room

"Wonder what's taking him so long? It's been two hours," Sango questioned as she looked at the clock. "I didn't think he would be gone for this long, with Kagome being in this condition and all,"

"Something tells me Inuyasha did not go to get food," Miroku replied intelligently.

"What do you mean?" Inutaishou and Sango asked curiously.

"Well in all the years I've known Inuyasha, I have never known him to listen to anyone when they tell him not to do something. So if my guess is correct, Inuyasha is with Kagome right now, not getting something to eat," Miroku said swiftly, noticing a look of irritation spreading across Inutaishou's face.

"He'd better not be, especially when I told him to stay here until the doctor said it was okay to see her," Inutaishou replied darkly.

"Would it really be that bad? If Inuyasha went to see Kagome right now?" Sango questioned.

"Of course it would be! That boy has no manners, let alone any common sense! Also, if I am correct about him liking Kagome then he wont let a doctor near her to take care of her!" Inutaishou claimed.

"Ohhh..but don-" Sango started to say but was cut off by a nurse quickly slamming through the doors.

"Excuse me, are you waiting to see Kagome Higurashi?" The nurse asked quickly.

"Yes we are, is there a problem?" Inutaishou asked politely.

"I'm afraid so, you see there is someone in her room who refuses to let the doctors or any of the nurses in. A few people have tried to remove him but they haven't had any luck, so I was wondering if you might know them and could get them to leave," the nurse finished.

"I'm afraid that person is probably my son, don't worry I will take care of him, what room is Kagome currently in?" Inutaishou asked the nurse.

"Room 508"

"Alright, thank you, " Inutaishou said as he started headed towards the elevator with Miroku and Sango following close behind.

"I think it best if you two stayed behind," Inutaishou said as he pushed the button for the elevator.

"No I wanna come to, I want to see if Kagome's okay!" Sango proclaimed boldly.

"Same with me," Miroku added as they climbed into the elevator and went to the floor Kagome was on.

"Very well, but stay out of the way until I get Inuyasha out of the room. There is no telling what he will do to stay in the room," Inutaishou finished as the elevator pinged and the door opened to Kagome's floor.

"Alright" Miroku and Sango chimed in unison, suddenly a very familiar yell drifted down the hall.

"LET ME GO YOU BASTARDS!"

"That sounds like Inuyasha," Sango laughed.

"That IS Inuyasha," Miroku said as he watched Inuyasha's dad go into Kagome's room just as two doctors were thrown out.


With Inuyasha


"LET ME GO YOU BASTARDS!" Inuyasha yelled as two doctors tried to pull him out of the room, but in retaliation Inuyasha threw them out into the hallway.

"Keh, serves them right for trying to kick me out," Inuyasha hissed as he looked back at Kagome to find her still sleeping peacefully.

"INUYASHA!" An angry yell sounded from behind him, 'Oh shit,' Inuyasha thought as he turned around to find his father seething behind him, "What do you think your doing?"

"They wouldn't LET me see Kagome! No one would let me see her!" Inuyasha shouted.

"That gives you no right to break hospital law and throw doctors around," Inutaishou scolded.

"I don't care as long as I get to see Kagome! Those doctors don't know what the hell they are doing I'm not letting them touch her until I say so," he continued as he glared at his dad.

"And then who, per say, is going to take care of her and make sure she doesn't contract ARDS?"

"I will!" Inuyasha yelled his eyes glowing a deep red color then fading quickly.

"How? You have no medical training, you have no way of helping her! The only thing you are doing, if anything, is letting her die faster because you wont let doctors care for her!" Inutaishou yelled

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!" Inuyasha yelled, fully enraged, "I WOULD NEVER HURT KAGOME, LET ALONE LET HER DIE!!!!!"

"Then let the doctors do their job!"

"NO, I can take better care of her better then they ever could!" Inuyasha scolded stubbornly, causing Inutaishou to sigh, 'this is going to be a little harder then I thought' Inutaisho though as he advanced towards his son.

"Stay away!" Inuyasha growled defensively.

"I am just going to check Kagome's stats to make sure she is okay then I will leave," Inutaishou lied as he used his demon speed to go quickly behind Inuyasha and lock both of his arms behind his back.

"What the hell are you doing! LET GO OF ME!" Inuyasha growled as he tried to dislodge himself from his fathers grasp, but his father was to strong for him.

"No, this is for your own good Inuyasha," Inutaishou said as he dragged Inuyasha forcibly from the room, nodding for the doctors to go inside.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!" Inuyasha yelled at the doctors, while trashing around trying to get back into to Kagome's room.

"Inuyasha be quiet!" Inutaishou scolded trying his best to keep a hold of Inuyasha. Suddenly, Inuyasha grew limp and his eyes started flashing an angry red color, which went unnoticed by his father.

"Is he alright?" Miroku asked as he and Sango walked to them from the nurses station. Just then the doctors came out looking extremely pleased.

"We have some good news! Kagome is starting to regain consciousness, which is a very good sign! You can go in there and see her now if you like!" the doctor said happily before scurrying off.

"Did you hear that Inuyasha! Kagome's waking up!" Miroku said as he looked as Inuyasha who had his head hung towards the floor and had ragged breathing,

"Inuyasha?" Miroku asked uncertainly as he stepped closer, when suddenly Inutaishou caught Inuyasha's scent.

"Miroku! Take Sango and get as far away from this room as possible! NOW! Inuyasha's turning full demon!" Inutaishou yelled as a series of deep venomous growls sounded from Inuyasha. "GO NOW" Inutaishou yelled as Miroku and Sango took off down the hall.

"INUYASHA! Calm down right now! INUYASHA!" Inuyasha's father yelled but had no effect, suddenly Inuyasha ripped himself from his father's grasp and lunged forward a few feet.

"INUYASHA!" Inutaishou growled as he saw Inuyasha turn around to face him, his eyes a blazing blood red color.

"Inuyasha, turn back! This isn't you! No one's hurting Kagome," Inutaishou tried to reason but only got a series of angry growls, but a small noise coming from Kagome's room made Inuyasha turn his head, sniffing slightly he growled before making his way into her room.

"Inuyasha stop right there!" Inutaishou scolded as he grabbed a hold of Inuyasha's shoulder, causing him to try to throw him off.

"Kagome. Mine." Inuyasha growled as he lunged at his father, knocking him to the ground. Inuyasha was just about to attack again when he heard Kagome whimper his name, causing his eyes to flash back and forth between red and amber, before settling on red once again. Inuyasha growled as he got up and headed to Kagome's bed.

"Inu...yasha" Kagome whimpered again as she slowly began to regain consciousness, once again causing his eyes to flash back and forth, his full demon side fighting with is half demon side.

"Inuyasha don't leave!" Kagome cried as she twisted in the bed, "Don't leave!" she cried again as Inuyasha's eyes finally settled back to their normal amber color.

"Don't worry Kagome, I won't leave you," Inuyasha said as he collapsed next to the bed, taking a hold of her hand, " I will never leave you," he finished as he slowly saw Kagome start to stir again, and also remembered that his father was still there.

"Inuyasha, we will have to have a talk when we get home tomorrow," Inutaisho scolded as he brushed himself off and left the room.

"Inu..yasha?" Kagome asked as she slowly opened her eyes, causing Inuyasha to whip his head in her direction.

"Kagome!"

"Inuyasha you're here," Kagome said tiredly as she turned to look at him.

"Feh, Of course I'm here!" Inuyasha scowled as he turned his head.

"I was afraid you would leave me here alone," Kagome confessed, causing Inuyasha's eyes to soften.

"I would never leave you alone, Kagome." Inuyasha said lightly as he rested his hand over hers, "Never."


A/N: Well Im going to end it here tonight, and I hope you all know that I would never kill off one of the main characters lol well not yet...jk! Well I am really set on finishing up this story as well as Breaking the Habit...but I would have NEVER been able to continue writing if it wasn't for my lovely reviewers! Thank You so much for yelling at me, for telling me to update, and for telling me how much you loved/hated my story!

Thank you all so much really!

Well please read and review so I know what you think...I won't update unless I get some reviews..cuz reviews keep me going!

Much love and thanks,

XxDemonicPrincessxX