InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Heart ❯ The God Tree ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shattered Heart

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and friends. Umm….from now on, I'm just going to say blah blah blah for disclaimer okay! ^.^

Kagome watched with no emotion as Hojo walked to his new girl friend. She didn't have much emotion to spare left.

~~~Flash Back~~~

"Kagome, I'm sorry. It's over," Koga said. Kagome nodded and watched as he walked away to his new girl friend, Miss _I'm-everything-your-not Ayame. Kagome went home that night and cried her heart out.

*New Scene*

"Kagome…It's over," said Hiten as he walked away, leaving Kagome there crying. She walked back to her house, stopping at the God Tree.

"Excuse me?" said a young, male voice behind her. "Are you okay?" Kagome turned around to see a boy about her age with brown hair and a very cute face staring at her. She tried to nod, but more tears just fell. The boy wrapped her in his arms and comforted her. Not long after, they started going out.

~~~End Flash Back~~~

Hojo wrapped his arms around his new girlfriend *that 7th grader from that one episode!*. Her heart that had been smashed into 1,000 pieces had started being glued back together by Hojo. Now it was crushed again.

Kagome walked for hours, until she finally made it to the God Tree. She saw a young man with flowing silver hair to his waist, a red shirt and blue jeans, and a hat staring transfixed by it. She walked a little closer, and heard him sniffing.

She slowly walked up to him and squeaked out, "Hello?"

He whipped around so fast, she got a little dizzy.

His amber orbs were over bright and his eyes red from crying. He stared at her, not moving. "I'm sorry," Kagome said. "You were just-do you come here often too? I only come here when I'm sad."

It was just then the boy noticed that her eyes held a pain and sorrow far deeper than his own. He just wanted to hold her, make her feel better. Why? He had no idea, but his heart was screaming at him to do it, so, he walked up to her and hugged her. He heard a gasp, but her body relaxed under his hold, and she started to shed her pent-up tears.

When her sobbing eased, he stepped back from her a little, so he could look into her dark blue eyes. "Thanks you," she breathed. "I'm Kagome, by the way. It's nice to meet you!" she said in a more cheerful tone.

The boy was amazed at how quickly her attitude changed, that he smiled involuntarily. "I'm Inuyasha," he replied, shaking her outstretched hand.

"Do you wanna get some coffee or anything? My treat?" she asked him happily.

He nodded and took the hand she offered him. They started walking to the small coffee shop a few blocks away.