InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shi-Bun-No-Ichi Yasha ❯ Heated Fury ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Shi-Bun-No-Ichi Yasha

part 12

"Oh Kami! No!" was Kagome's terrified whisper. She took a few steps back, covering her mouth to hide her very obvious shock.

Chikara, on the other hand, seemed confused by the situation. She glanced at her friends and became unnerved by the terror in their eyes. Her canine ears twitched nervously as her gaze returned and remained fixed on the changed hanyou.

The future girl was not alone in her puzzlement. Zankokumaru, despite his nonchalant gaze, eyed Inu Yasha wearily. Sesshoumaru had told him many infuriating details on the damned half demon, but this strange occurrence had not been one of them.

Inu Yasha's blood red gaze shifted slowly around the room, trailing from Miroku, to Kagome, and finally to Zankokumaru. He growled savagely, his fangs clearly protruding from his mouth.

"I-Inu Yasha?" Kagome stuttered.

"What's going on with him?" Chikara interrogated.

"He's gone completely youkai!" Miroku gripped his staff and held it defensively. "All he can feel in this state are rage and bloodlust. Didn't you know about that?"

"No,…" Chikara shook her head. "I've never seen Otou-sama like this before…"

"What?!" Sango and Shippo gasped simultaneously.

"You mean, Inu Yasha has never turned youkai in front of you?" Kagome glanced at the young girl. Chikara shook her head.

Curious as to the situation, Zankokumaru approached Inu Yasha cautiously for a closer look.

"There is no way this filthy hanyou could turn completely youkai at the drop of a feather." he sneered. "So he's turned his eyes red, what of it? He's still no match for me!"

Two seconds was all it took for Inu Yasha to lash out fiercely. Zankokumaru barely made it out of Inu Yasha's striking distance, his left hakama leg being reduced to shreds. The hanyou's cocky nephew didn't get a moments chance to rest. Inu Yasha attacked wildly and repeatedly, each time missing flesh by mere centimeters.

Chikara was in shock. She had heard of her father succumbing to a wild, animalistic, demonic state, but nothing could have prepared her for the sight in front of her. Many times had she seen Inu Yasha in battle with monsters or other demons. Normally, his fighting was 'clean' in the sense that he rarely did more damage to the battleground than was necessary. Youkai Inu Yasha was reducing the place to shambles in his mad, reckless rampage.

"My, my! Touchy, aren't we?" Zankokumaru taunted as he dodged another blow. "All this over one little insult to your human bitch? Why waste such strength over a mortal wench? Father was right. Your human blood has poisoned your mind!"

That last remark cost Zankokumaru a great deal of pain. No sooner had the words come out of the young demon's mouth than Inu Yasha had raked his vicious claws against the whelp's face, slicing it deeply. Zankokumaru snarled and tried leaping out of danger, but Inu Yasha was too quick. The hanyou lashed out, jumped off of the opposite wall, and driven his claws into his opponent's backside. Zankokumaru screamed horribly, collapsing to the group in agony. The Shikon shard fell to the ground near Shippo, who snatched it up and handed it to Kagome.

Inu Yasha was about to go for the kill when he noticed the others standing around. There was shouting coming from outside, and fast, heavy footsteps were approaching rapidly. Soon, policemen began filling the room, drawing their weapons and attempting to make sense of the scene before them.

"EVERYBODY FREEZE!" one officer shouted.

Inu Yasha snarled aggressively, agitated by the interruption of his activity. Kagome and Chikara cautiously put their hands up, but never took their eyes off of Inu Yasha. Chikara translated as best and as fast as she could, and the others soon followed suit.

"What are we going to do about Inu Yasha?!" Kagome stared worriedly at Miroku.

"Pray to Buddha he doesn't kill anyone!" was the houshi's only reply.

Several officers encircled Inu Yasha and ordered him to put his hands up. The dog demon's rabid snarl shifted into a psychotic smirk. He cracked his knuckles, revealing his blood-stained claws. The police were confused and terrified, completely unable to make out what the hell they were trying to arrest. Their guns were drawn, and for a few frighteningly silent seconds, there was not a sound to be heard in the entire room.

Before anyone even had the chance to scream, Inu Yasha reduced his would-be captors to a splatter of bloody corpses. The surviving officers backed off quickly, their weapon's still drawn in case the dog demon pursued. Inu Yasha stared after them, still grinning madly. He slowly brought his bloody claws up to his mouth and licked, the metallic taste exciting him. At this point, the police radioed for the SWAT team.

"Inu Yasha!" cried Kagome. "Please! Come back to your senses! You're not yourself!"

Inu Yasha turned his attention to her. He stared, never letting his gaze wander from Kagome. For one split second, his crimson eyes flickered their normal color, as though somehow her voice had penetrated his maddened consciousness. A sharp noise and a hot, searing pain in his shoulder returned them to their homicidal shade. Inu Yasha gripped the gunshot wound in rage. He glared murderously at the culprits, who were poised and ready for more. The dog demon felt his own heated blood flow out onto his hand; he drew his arm back and slashed, his Blood Claws attack bathing the room in red.

"NO!" Kagome screamed and covered her eyes.

"Inu Yasha! Please stop it!" Shippo cowered behind Sango, who was somewhat cowering behind Miroku.

"Inu Yasha, please don't do this!" Kagome attempted to reason with him. "Please, stop the killing. Stop the fighting. Pick up Tetsusaiga and be ok again!"

Again, the dog demon's gaze was on her. Slowly, he advanced toward her, stopping only a few feet away. No one moved. Inu Yasha could lash out at slighted thing, and no one dared to provoke him. The tension was so high and Inu Yasha so close that Kagome could feel his hot breath on her face.

The hanyou glanced over at Miroku and the others, growling softly as though in warning and as a threat at the same time. They slowly took a step back, Miroku gripping his staff so tight that his knuckles were turning white.

Inu Yasha's attention returned to Kagome and stayed glued there. He crouched low, as if preparing to pounce. Kagome's heart pounded in her chest.

"He's going to kill me! He's going to kill me!" her mind raced. Inu Yasha leapt forward, snatching up Kagome effortlessly and hopped to the deck of the splintered boat. He threw his unscathed captive over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, then glared down again at the others. His threatening expression warned them not to interfere.

"Otou-sama!" cried Chikara.

"What are you doing with Kagome?" Sango demanded.

"Put her down!" Miroku ordered.

Inu Yasha spat at them before leaping and dashing away out a shattered window.

"Stop!" Chikara screamed, but it was too late.

"Where is he taking her?" Shippo panicked.

"I don't know." Chikara desperately tried to think of something, and what she came up with made whatever color on her face drain away into white. "Oh Kami! No!"

"What is it?" demanded Miroku.

"We have to find them! Immediately! Before it's too late!" Chikara leapt up the broken ship to reach the broken windows.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" asked Sango.

"Okaa-san was giving off that musky smell that drives Otou-sama crazy." Chikara explained. "I don't understand it yet, but they always want to be alone when that happens. Otou-sama once told me it was because Okaa-san was in heat, whatever that is…"

"YOU'RE KIDDING!!??" Sango and Shippo's eyes were as big as saucers with shock.

"This is a lot worse than we ever could've expected!" said Miroku.

"What is it?" Chikara blinked worriedly. "I don't get it. What is that?"

"It means that if we don't find them, you're going to be born a lot sooner than you're supposed to!"

"YOU MEAN THEY'RE GONNA-" Chikara's jaw dropped.

"Let's move it!" Shippo slapped a leaf on his head and transformed into a tall ladder leading to the windows. Everyone raced up the ladder and outside in a heartbeat. The little fox demon then proceeded to transform into giant blob shape with a face and furry tail to carry the others toward the escaping dog demon and his captive.

******************************************************

Youkai Inu Yasha leapt from rooftop to rooftop, still carrying Kagome in his arms. Kagome shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to get sick from the dizzying heights they were travelling at. The hanyou darted in all directions in hopes of losing any would-be pursuers.

At last, they came to a building and Inu Yasha looked around. His ears twitched along with his nose, trying to sense something. Still holding Kagome, Inu Yasha grinned and pulled open the door.

Once inside, he shut the door and observed the place carefully. It was little more than a bare, dank hallway with pipes running across the ceiling. The heat from the pipes kept the room warm.

"I-Inu Yasha?" Kagome muttered timidly.

The dog demon's only response was a low, unaggressive growl. He continued his surveillance of their surroundings. Satisfied with his findings, Inu Yasha dropped Kagome onto the floor with a thud.

"Ow!" Kagome rubbed her smarting bottom.

Inu Yasha crouched down in front of her, studying her features carefully. Kagome stared back at him, scared that he might harm her. The dog demon wiped his bloodstained claws on his shirt, then slowly reached out toward Kagome. She closed her eyes, afraid of what was to come. Her eyes popped back open when she felt Inu Yasha's claws gently gliding across her cheek. Those razor-sharp claws, which could easily reduce her to a bloody mess, were tickling her face. Kagome watched him in fascination.

Inu Yasha continued this strange behavior for a bit before making direct eye contact with her. His red eyes looked her over carefully and his nose twitched slightly. He shifted his posture so that he was kneeling and reached for Kagome. Before she could react, he pulled her up against him, holding her tight and warm in his arms. Kagome gasped, a deep blush flooding her face.

"What is he doing??!!" she wondered. "Normally, he goes on a killing spree in this state, but now he's being…um… a-affectionate??"

Inu Yasha nuzzled his nose in her hair, growling so softly that Kagome could swear he was purring. She shivered when the sound was right against her ears. The youkai only pulled her closer.

Kagome was dazed by Inu Yasha's unusual behavior. She even forced herself to mentally admit she liked this new attention. But that thought was to change a moment later.

Inu Yasha eventually loosened his embrace and shifted back a bit. A new panic began to creep into Kagome as the hanyou removed the long shirt and cast it aside carelessly. Though the bleeding had stopped, the wounds from the recent fight were still very visible. The only one still dripping was the gunshot wound. Kagome looked to his eyes, praying for an answer to this unnerving course of action, but none was to be had. Only silence and stillness came.

"I-Inu Ya-sh-sha?" she stuttered. His nose twitched, indicating that he had heard her and that was all. Crimson eyes gazed at her longingly.

"What are you doing, Inu Yasha?" Kagome uttered as calmly as she could. She already had an idea of what was going on, but struggled to push those thoughts aside; they wouldn't help the situation at all.

Inu Yasha reached out to touch her face again with his claws, but cringed suddenly. His hands went to his head, holding it as if in pain.

"Are you ok?" Kagome reached out a cautious, comforting hand.

The dog demon growled, shaking his head as though to clear it. For a moment, he stared up at her, his eyes clear of their murderous color, but overflowing with panic and worry. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed his shirt lying useless on the floor, and fear joined the storm of emotion. Again, he looked up and her, this time uttering the only warning he could force out.

"Kagome…run!"

She backed away obediently, ambling to her feet quickly, but never taking her eyes off of him. She moved towards the door, moving slowly but accelerating evenly.

"Go!…Now!… Hurry!…" Inu Yasha's cries sounding similar to a wounded dog's whimper.

Kagome dashed for the door. As her fingers touched the knob, a tight grasp on her arm yanked her back against Inu Yasha's heated body. She immediately looked into his eyes and saw that the crimson hue had returned to them.

*****************************************

"Shippo, can you tell which way they went?" asked Sango anxiously.

The little fox had his head sticking out of the taxi cab window and was sniffing frantically.

"My nose is messed up." Shippo replied as he pulled back into the cab. "It stinks so bad in here that my nose can't tell one thing from another."

"Sit that kid down!" grumbled the driver. "Do you want the cops up my ass?"

Chikara apologized and pulled Shippo away from the window. She didn't have too much of the money the group had as a whole, so getting into trouble was the last thing she wanted to do. It was bad enough that Inu Yasha had made such a horrible mess of the museum. She was thankful, however, that they had at least obtained the Shikon shard. Zankokumaru had been badly hurt, but she knew he would live to fight another day.

"How in the world are we going to find them?" Sango stared out the window nervously. "Where could they go?"

"If I had more leaves," Shippo sulked. "We could do like we did before and be able to see the rooftops."

"The only way to find him is to think like him." said Miroku.

"What do you mean?" Chikara blinked.

"What I mean is this." Miroku shifted his walking staff a bit. "If I were a lust-driven youkai-"

"Or just a perverted priest, for that matter." Sango interrupted.

"Ahem!" the houshi cleared his throat loudly. "As I was saying! If I were a lust-driven youkai carrying around my woman who's presently…uh… receptive… where would I go?"

Everyone thought long and hard about that question. Shippo scratched his head, but eventually shrugged his shoulders and gave up. Chikara and Sango, on the other hand, had somewhat of an idea where this was going.

"He'd want someplace quiet and alone." Chikara answered.

"A warm and isolated place too." Sango added.

"Precisely." said Miroku. "What else?"

"Someplace inaccessible." Sango continued. "A youkai won't do something that makes him vulnerable where it can be disturbed."

"Now you're getting somewhere." Miroku smiled. "Chikara, what would you call an inaccessible place here in this world?"

"Something vulnerable?" Shippo resumed scratching his head confusedly. "I don't get it. What's he gonna do?"

"We'll tell you when you're older!" everyone quickly said.

"A hotel or an alleyway would be my first guess." said Chikara. "But in this place, quiet enough would be… up?"

"Up?" Sango blinked. "Oh! That's right! Inu Yasha has a preference for trees, so maybe he's someplace up and away from all the noise."

"Also," the houshi gripped his staff. "He obviously doesn't want anyone to follow him, so what's the best way he could travel unnoticed?"

"On the rooftops!" Shippo cried.

"That's it!" the youkai taijiya snapped her fingers. "He can jump from roof to roof, so there's a good chance that he's up there jumping around!"

"But where should we start looking?" Chikara peeked out the window.

"Right here!" Miroku jangled the rings of his staff. "Ask the driver to stop, Chikara."

The young girl gave instructions and the fare to the cab driver and the group stepped out of the vehicle. They stared up at a tall building and gulped. They had to get up there?

"It must take a lot of steps to reach the top!" Miroku scratched his head nervously.

"We could take an elevator." said Chikara.

"A what?" Sango looked at her curiously.

"Nevermind." the young girl sighed. "You'll see. Hey! Where's Shippo?"

Looking around wildly, the group noticed a familiar fluffy tail peeking out of a nearby tree. Leaves were falling, and a happy cheering was coming from the shaking branches. A moment later, Shippo poked his head out of the tree with two tiny fistfuls of leaves.

"Haha!" he cried. "I tried these out and they work great! The only problem is that they don't last too long, so we gotta use them only when we need to!"

"That's great!" Chikara smiled.

"We can get to the rooftop quicker if you transform and let us ride!" Miroku tapped his staff on the ground, once again causing the rings to jingle. "Let's get moving! Quickly!"

With that, Shippo plopped a leaf on his head, transformed, and they were on their way. The only exception being Shippo, who obviously didn't understand, everyone prayed that their friends could refrain from any regretful activity until they got there.

*******************************

Inu Yasha ignored Kagome's soft, desperate pleading to let her go, instead continuing his sweet nuzzling, which was slowly becoming more urgent. Kagome could do little aside from pushing him gently away. One part of her told her to punch, kick, and scream her way out of there, but the other part, which took Inu Yasha's condition into consideration, told her not to be the least bit violent. The hanyou's nuzzling was slowly melting her resolve, but his eyes kept her from giving up.

After awhile, Inu Yasha sat back and attempted to remove the rosary from around his neck. His infuriated growls and snarls echoed off of the walls and eventually, he gave up. He glared at Kagome for a moment, a hungry look shining from his eyes, then rested his hands on the fly of his jeans. Taking a risk, Kagome reached out and rested her hands on his, stopping and distracting him simultaneously. Inu Yasha stared at her and licked his lips.

"Inu Yasha…" she said gently. "Please, what are you doing?"

The hanyou's reply was a tone halfway between a demanding growl and a pleading whimper. He freed his hands from hers, and for a moment, Kagome thought she was a dead girl. Instead, Inu Yasha gripped his jeans and tore them off, several pieces of the material falling to the floor. Kagome gasped and covered her eyes, hearing the material flutter to the ground. Inu Yasha firmly pulled her hands from her face, and she reluctantly opened her eyes. She thanked every god she knew that the dog demon still had boxers on, but if she didn't do something, those would be off next. At least, that's what she thought.

The dog demon pulled her up against him, then gripped her shirt tightly. Kagome grabbed his hands and held them still as best she could.

"Inu Yasha!" she demanded. "Stop it! I mean it!"

Tears were falling from her eyes as she struggled to keep his hands still. He growled menacingly, but Kagome held her ground.

"No, Inu Yasha," she said firmly. "You are not going to do this. I refuse!"

His temper flaring, Inu Yasha snarled and violently pulled her hands off of her clothing. He pounced forward to catch her in his arms, but she just dodged out of his reach. With the room being so small, Inu Yasha's next attempt was successful. He growled, baring his long, white fangs and roughly nuzzling his nose against her neck. Kagome could only sob helplessly as he held her tight with one arm and shredded her shirt with the other.

*****************************************

A giant blob with a fluffy tail bounded from roof to roof, carrying it's passengers as fast as it could. Almost immediately after they had reached the roof tops, the blob, who reverted back to Shippo briefly, had detected a trail of blood drops leading from one building to the next. For once, they were glad that the dog demon had taken a wound that would require healing, otherwise they would have absolutely no way of finding him or Kagome. The fox demon's nose had pinpointed the direction the crazed hanyou was headed, and from there on out, Sango had pointed the way. As much as they hurried, Shippo's need to pop back into shape would momentarily slow them down. It was time that they could not afford to lose.

~~~~

Gettin' nervous? So am I, and I'M THE AUTHOR! As usual, if you like/hate it, let me know!