InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon High ❯ Play! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the Inuyasha characters.
AN: I know you're probably like "Omigosh slight semi-fast update!"; but since my profesor decided to cancle class for the umptenth time (slight annoyance); I thought I could update, since I have some free time at the moment.
Okay, I think my readers have the right to know the reasons why I haven't been updating my Inu-Fanfics.
The Reasons:
I'm swamped in school work.
Slight writers block.
Boy trouble xx; (Even though I'm 19 about to turn 20 in 2 more months and 7days; I'm a total amature when it comes to guys.)
I've lost major interest in Inuyasha (Seriously! Oh, and please don't hurt me!)
Naruto and Ouran have stolen my heart! (Those bastards!)
I've been reading SasuHina and GaaHina fanfics. (A Light in Darkness and Desert Lily. Like man, I mean I use to only read Inu-Fanfics, if it wasn't Inu; it wasn't no way in hell I was going to read. I didn't even care if I liked the Anime or Manga that the other fanfic was, I only had eyes for Inu-Fanfics. (shakes head) Yup-Yuppers!)
Anime and Manga (They're my anit-drug (nod-nods)).
I guess I fell out of love with Inuyasha, like one or two years ago, but I've just been in denial, but I just realized it. Well anywho, I've decided to continue with a few of my stories: Shikon High, The Future Kids, Singing Our Hearts Out, A New Era of Terror, and Oh My God! If there's any stories you'll like me to continue please notify me. K?
(p.s. if you don't see most of the stories i just named on here that means they're on my fanfic.net account.) Now lets get on with the story!
Chapter 8:
-------

The students that won the talent show all sat at Mcdonalds. They couldn't believe that they were tricked. Everyone sighed as they picked at their food. "I had big plans with that money." Botan and Momiji, as Momijji started sniffling. Her eyes started to tear up as she wipd her eyes.

"Dude, it's not that big of a deal." Inuyasha said as he took a huge bite out of his burger.

"Well, I was planning on opening an animal shelter...Do you know at some animal shelters, if they don't find an owner they'll put the animal asleep?! That's just horrible!"

"Wow...Sorry to hear about it..." Ayame said. "Did anyone else have big plans? I was going to take a trip."

"I was going to go on a shopping spree." Sango said as she sighed.

"I was going to save it." Rin and Sesshoumaru said in unision. They looked at each other for a split second as they then coughed, out some really harsh words.

"(cough)Whore!(cough)" Sesshoumaru coughed as he then took a sip of his pop.

"(cough)WomanHater!(cough)" She coughed as she then patted her chest. "Wow, it must be this winter's wind."

"Uh...yeah...Well I was planning on taking my portion, and moving back to my old home." Kagome said with a smile.

"Oh, that's co--What the hell?! You was going to leave?!" Everyone spat.

"Well yeah, no offense but this town is b-o-r-i-n-g, but it looks like I'm stuck...So I gotta make the best of it." She said with a fake smile. No one at the table could believe she would say that. They all thought she loved living here, and now she's wearing a fake smile, and being a slight bitch.

"Well...Um...I was going to give my money to charity." Inuyasha said as he recieved looks of wow-that-was-unexpected.

"I was going to spend my money on pocky." Naraku said with a heavy sigh.

"Wah? Are you telling us, you were going to spend ALL your money on pocky?" Kagome asked with a what-the-hell expression.

"Yeah."

"Um...okay...I guess." She said as she took a sip of her pop.

"I was just going to spend some of my money on friends and family, and of course spend the rest on me." Koga said as he stretched.

"Looks like everyone had plans." Everyone said as they got up and left.

-------

When Kagome walked into her Eng. class the next day, it was buzzing with groans and moans of aggravation. "What's going on?" She asked Kagura who was sitting on Hiten's desk reading over a paper. "Oh, you just came in! We're doing a play!" Kagome's eyes narrowed at the paper that read 'Romeo & Juliet'. Kagome's eyes rolled as she thought. 'You have to be kidding me! We just got done doing a 20 page essay about the greek play Meade, and now this! Gah!' "Sounds fun." Kagome said with a nod.

"Okay class please take your seats." Their teacher asked while she wrote the play name on the chalkboard. "Romeo & Juliet, the most tragic story of all time!"

"Why do we have to do Romeo & Juliet?" Connie asked.

"Shut up Connie!" Donnie whispered to her. "There's a kiss scene! Just think if Fluffy-Chan gets the roles, and one of us ends up as Juliet! It'll be heaven!"

"Oh, I'm okay with this play!" Connie hurried up, and said with a slight blush.

"Good, well...Since we don't have school tomorrow, we'll start the aduditions today." He said as he pulled out a two glass bowls that had bits of paper in it. "Okay, who ever ends up with the same number are partners, but if one is bad, and the other one is good it won't jeperdize your chances on getting the part." He said as he pssed the girl bowl to each girl, and did the same to the boys. "Now will couple 1 come up."

Inuyasha got up as did Kikyo. His heart sunk as he watched Kikyo apply lipgloss to her lips, then winked at him. 'Why does this always happen to me?!' He marched up to the front, and faced Kikyo as he tried not to make eye contact with her. "Awe, Inu-kun don't be that way." Kagome chuckled as she then stated. "She is your fiance after all." Inuyasha shot a slight death glare at Kagome as he said 'Bitch' to himself. He sighed heavily as he stuck his hands into his pocket, and lazily said without emotion.

Inuyasha:

"But, soft. What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east,...and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and...pale with grief,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!.
(yawns, and stretches)
She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it...
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes...
(cracks his knuckles)
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That...birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
O, that I...were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek..."

Kikyo clasped her hands together as she gazed up at the ceiling, and spoke in a voice that was cheery than the carebears, and louder than 1000 Onnies.

Kikyo:
“AY ME!!!” She bellowed as everyone clutched their ears.
Inuyasha rubbed his ears as he avertied his attention towards the chalkboard, and lowered his eyelids.

Inuyasha:
"She speaks:
O, speak again,...bright angel...(yeah right)...for thou art
As glorious to this night, being o'er my head...
As is a winged messenger of heaven
(yawns)
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals...that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides...the lazy-pacing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air..."
Everyone covered their ears when Kikyo opened her mouth to speak.

Kikyo:

"O ROMEO, ROMEO! WHEREFORE ART THOU ROMEO?!!!!!!!!!!
DENY THY FATHER AND REFUSE THY NAME;
OR, IF THOU WILT NOT, BE BUT SWORN MY LOVE,
AND I'LL NO LONGER BE A CAPULET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone scowled at Kikyo as she skipped back to her seat with a somewhat 'Ha-I-So-Pawned-ThatShit!' kind of expression. Not one person clapped for their performance, and as the class period went on. The auditions only got worse. Ayame kept losing her place, Koga's voice was to rough, Sango didn't get to say one line, because she got paired with Miroku, and his wonderous hand found something to rest on; which caused them to get sent to the office, Rin didn't want to audition she just wanted to be apart of the crew, Naraku got paired with each of the Onnies, since Ginta, Manten and Bankotsu decided to be apart of the crew along with Rin. It was only 2 people that didn't get a chance to go on, and now it was there turn.

"Alrighty, the last couple. Sesshoumaru and Kagome please come on up." The teacher said in a mellow tone. Sesshoumaru was really hoping to get paired with Rin, but he knew she would back out like she did earlier. As for Kagome she really didn't care, but she thought 'What the hell it'll probably be fun.'

Sesshoumaru:
"But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
that thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
her vestal livery is but sick and green
and none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it.
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
having some business, do entreat her eyes
to twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
that birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
that I might touch that cheek!"

All the girls except for Rin who let out an 'pfft' sound gasped in awe of the Sesshoumaru who said every word with such ease, and a smooth angelic voice. His voice made them swoon as they rested their elbows on their desk, and leaned forward yarning for more. The guys in the classroom gritted their teeth as they muttered some pretty rude things, but they would never let Sesshoumaru hear it, for they were afraid of the things he might do.

Kagome:

"Ay me!"

Kagome's voice was now the softest thing that ever met ones ears. She blinked her eyes as she clasped her hands over her heart, looking at Sesshoumaru with kindness in her dewy brown eyes.

Sesshoumaru:

"She speaks:
O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art
as glorious to this night, being o'er my head
as is a winged messenger of heaven
unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds
and sails upon the bosom of the air."
Once again the girls in the classroom sighed as if Romeo himself was spouting such words to them himself.

Kagome:
"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Kagome's voice was of an angel who just sung the most magnifecnt song. Her voice was laced with lilac and ecstasy. Her voice was like a drug; captivating your ears, and forcing you to submit to its will. After they finished claps arose from the class room, and they simply did a cheesy smile as they scratched their heads awkwardly. 'Geez, I wasn't that great...' Kagome thought to herself.

The bell rung as the kids got up, and started exiting the classroom. "Okay, the roles will be casted by tomorrow." Their teacher said as he left the class. "Wow, you were great Sesshoumaru." Kagome said as she gave him a light playful punch in his left arm. "You was too." He said as he ruffled her hair. They were too caught-up in conversation to notice their friends standing right by them. Everyone seemed to have a scowl on their face.

Inuyasha was pissed because Sesshoumaru was paired with Kagome, and that he was too good at acting like he was smitin' by Kagome.

Koga was pissed because Sesshoumaru was paired with Kagome, and that he was too good at acting like he was smitin' by Kagome.

Ayame was pissed because Koga was in love with Kagome.

Rin was pissed because Kagome got paired with Sesshoumaru, and they were too good at playing like they were in love.

"Ahem" Ayame said as she gave a fake smile. "You two were great! I wouldn't be surprised if you get the main parts!"

Sesshoumaru and Kagome looked at each other, and laughed. "Ya, think so?" Rin said sarcasticlly. "They were fantastic." She said as she looked towards Sesshoumaru and Kagome, but dared not look Sesshoumaru in the eyes. She kept her attention on Kagome. Everyone then nodded trying to hide their true feelings towards the situation. "Thanks?" Kagome was getting this weird feeling, and she really wasn't liking it.

AN: I hoped you enjoied it!
Ciao, until next time!
The Beautiful Yet Deadly Kunoichi Nimiko (blows kisses)