InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon School ❯ Face Down ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N. Hey guys. Apparently I have exams next week. It suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!
Anyways, here is the next chapter…
************************************
Whoosh!
The wind blew rapidly into Inuyasha's room, causing him to wake up from sleep.
His golden orbs opened and look over the window.
 
Since when was it open? The wench probably did it….
Inuyasha thought. He looked over to Miroku's bed; Messed up sheets, pillows misplaced, and two pieces of paper.
 
“Where is she?” He whispered to himself.
Damn…
 
He rushed out of the door at the same time Miroku rushed out of his room. They bonked their heads together and fell on their butts.
 
“Ow…” They muttered as they rubbed the back of heads and quickly got up back to their feet.
 
“Do you know Kagome is? I was guessing she'd be in the kitchen getting a drink of water.” Inuyasha asked Miroku.
 
“No, but do you know where Sango is? I was guessing she'd be in the bathroom!” Miroku asked Inuyasha. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at him, giving him the you're-such-a-pervert glare.
 
“No! But I found these two pieces of paper where she was supposed to be sleeping!” Inuyasha explained.
 
“Did you read them yet?” Miroku questioned.
 
“Nope.”
 
“Idiot!” Miroku slapped the back of Inuyasha's head, “You should have read them!”
 
“Touch me again and I'll beat you to a pulp. And, they're in my room.”
 
Our room, let's go!” Miroku said as they both ran back to their room, only to find that the papers were missing.
 
“Where the hell did they go?!” Inuyasha said.
 
Miroku shivered because of the cold rush of the wind and looked over to the window.
 
“The wind probably blew them somewhere, let's hurry and look for them!” He commanded. Inuyasha followed Miroku scrambled from here to there.
 
Miroku checked under the rugs, on the chairs, and under the pillows.
Inuyasha checked under the blankets, on the desk, and under his bed. He looked at Miroku who was now looking under the mattresses.
 
“What the hell are you doing? I'm pretty sure there are no papers under the mattresses.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Yes there are.” Miroku pulled out his naked girl magazine pictures, “See?”
 
Inuyasha growled at his pictures. Miroku looked at him and snuck his pictures under his bed. He shifted uncomfortably when something cut his finger deeply.
 
Miroku yelped as Inuyasha knelt down beside him.
 
“You ok?! What happened?” Inuyasha asked worryingly.
 
“Something just cut me under my bed!” Miroku said as he clutched onto his left index finger, trying to stop the bleeding.
 
The wind was blowing uncontrollably, reducing the stinging of Miroku's hand
 
Inuyasha looked under Miroku's bed. He reached his hand in and felt something sharp. Whatever it was, it wasn't deep under his bed at all.
 
“Maybe the boogieman bit you because of your pervert ness.” Inuyasha mumbled at Miroku as he tried to pull whatever was sharp. Inuyasha carefully pulled it out.
 
“Or maybe it was because you didn't look under all the beds.” Miroku murmured.
 
“Oh my gods…” Inuyasha gasped as he gazed at what was infront of him and Miroku.
 
It was a knife on top of the two pieces of paper. Little did they know, it was Naraku's
Dagger.
*******************************************
 
Kagome was huddled with Sango, looking out the window, balling their eyes out.
 
Naraku adjusted his mirror to look at them.
 
“Why are you crying? You two beauties belong to me now, this is something to celebrate with smiles, not with tears.” Naraku smirked.
 
We would do something with our mouths if it weren't for these gags!
Kagome thought as she scowled at him.
**********************************
Inuyasha and Miroku gazeded at the knife.
 
“That's strange… a knife? Under my bed? Man, the wind is strong!” Miroku stroked his chin as he examined it.
 
Inuyasha picked up Kagome's poem.
 
“Miroku, look.” He said.
 
I AM
I AM! Yet what I am none cares or knows,
My friends forsake me like a memory lost;
I am the self-consumer of my woes,
They rise and vanish, an oblivious host,
Like shades in love and death's oblivion lost;
 
And yet I am! And live with shadows tost
Into the nothingness of scorn and noise,
Into the living sea of waking dreams,
Where there is neither sense of life nor joys,
But the vast shipwreck of my life's esteems;
And e'en the dearest--that I loved the best--
Are strange--nay, rather stranger than the rest.
 
I long for scenes where man has never trod;
A place where woman never smil'd or wept;
There to abide with my creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept:
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie;
The grass below--above the vaulted sky.
 
(Poem by John Clare, I do not own it!)
 
“Nice poem… I think Kagome wrote it.” Miroku stated, “Huh…? What's that other sheet say?” He pointed to the other sheet behind the poem. Inuyasha held it up against the light in the lamp.
 
“In the past and scared…” They both read in unison.
 
Silence…
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean!?” Inuyasha shouted.
***************************************
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Ayame asked her roommate/best friend, Yura, “What are you trying to say?”
 
“I'm saying he's bad! I did some spying on this Naraku guy, he's psycho!” Yura exclaimed and threw her hands in the air.
 
“Well, he was really weird when I visited him in his room…” Ayame said.
 
“Well, I was stalking him and he is flat out EVIL! He'll kill someone without hesitation to have his way! Why did you go to him? ”
 
“I didn't know he was a bad person! I thought he was dating Kagome! …Crap! Let's check if Kagome's safe!” Ayame said.
 
“It's 12:56 A.M.! We can't bother her!” Yura said. Ayame ignored her and grabbed her arm as they darted out to Kagome's room.
*********************************
 
“I think I have it!” Miroku said, “Combine the poem with what message Kagome wrote.”
 
“I am…in the past and scared?” Inuyasha said as he stared at the two sheets of paper.
 
Knock-Knock!
 
“Ya think she could be more specific!” Inuyasha yelled over the knocking on the door.
 
Knock-Knock!
 
Inuyasha's ears slightly picked up sound. “Did you hear something?” Inuyasha said. Miroku shrugged and shook his head.
 
Knock-Knock!
 
“I could have sworn I did…” Inuyasha murmured.
 
BANG! BANG!
 
Inuyasha flattened his ears. “Ok, NOW I hear something!” Inuyasha said as he walked out of his room to the main door with Miroku behind.
 
“Who visits someone at 1 in the morning?” Inuyasha grumbled. He jerked the door open. Ayame and Yura didn't wait any chance for questions as to why they would be here at 1 in the morning.
 
“OmgNarakuisgonnarapeherisKagomeokdidyouknowyet?” Ayame babbled.
 
“WowwearesosorrywehopewedidnotcometolatewhereisKagome?̶ 1; Yura blubbered.
 
“Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,” Miroku mocked the two demon girls as a joke.
(a/n. remember, demon, hanyous, and humans are like a race here. NO POWERS. No sword or miko powers and whatnot.)
 
“Talk slower!” Inuyasha shouted.
 
Ayame took a deep breath and let it out.
“Ok, We found out that Naraku loves Kagome and Sango, mostly Kagome, and will do anything to get them both. He's a bad person and we were scared that Kagome was in danger!”
 
Inuyasha was completely in shock. Miroku's jaw dropped.
 
“How do you ladies know this?” Miorku asked.
 
“I-I… I went to Naraku's room and complained that Kagome was cheating with him and Kouga was cheating on me. I thought Naraku was her boyfriend”
 
“What?!” Inuyasha yelled as he grabbed Ayames shoulder. His claws dug into them, not enough to make them bleed. Ayame winced.
 
“Why would you think that?” Inuyasha growled. Ayame and Yura gulped. Miroku tore Inuyasha away from her.
 
“Naraku's a lier. It isn't entirely her fault. Besides, Naraku was going to go after Kagome and Sango anyway. It wouldn't have made a difference if Ayame went to him to seek help or not!” Miroku explained. Inuyasha took a second to let it all sink in.
 
“Keh! I knew that…” Inuyasha lied, trying not to look at anyone in the eye, but Miroku caught on his fib.
 
“You two girls go back in bed safely; we'll retrieve Kagome and Sango.” Miroku said to Ayame and Yura.
Ayame and Yura glanced at each other, and nodded, heading back to their room with upset faces.
 
“I hardly doubt they'll fall asleep now, Miroku.” Inuyasha said as she slammed the door shut.
 
“You know, this wouldn't have happened if you had taken better care of Kagome!” Miroku said.
 
“HEY! It's not like I had her over on a platter!” Inuyasha exclaimed, “Besides, who are you to criticize me, huh? I don't see Sango anywhere!”
 
“Well, I would have protected her better if she hadn't placed a restraining order on me! She wouldn't let me sleep with in 2 feet of her!”
 
“Well we better find them! And quick!” Inuyasha said.
 
“Yes… but where?”
 
“Remember where she was in the past…” Inuyasha muttered as he scratched the back of his head. Miroku tapped his chin.
 
Then it hit them…
 
“In the alley!” Miroku and Inuyasha said in unison.
*****************************************
 
In the alley…again?
Kagome thought and looked over to Sango. She could tell by her eyes that she was wondering the same thing too.
 
Why would they be here again? And for what?
 
“We're here…” Naraku said and gave a wicked smile. He stepped out of the car and went to the back seat door. Kagome was leaning against it as it opened, so she lost her balance and was about to fall when Naraku quickly caught her.
 
Kagome looked up at him to see him smile at her. It was not a happy smile. Something was going to happen to them. Beating? Rape? Murder!?
Just the thought of it made tears roll down Kagome's cheek. Naraku wiped them away.
 
“Are those tears, babygirl?” Naraku said.
Sango scooted to the open door and lifted her leg to kick Naraku. Unfortunately, the bastard caught it and ran his hand up her smooth leg. Sango yanked her leg away and scowled at him. Things were not looking good.
****************************************
 
“So tell me again, how did you know where they kept the keys to the Shikon bus?” Miroku asked Inuyasha. Inuyasha was driving the bus with Miroku in the seat behind him.
 
“I have my ways…” Inuyasha smirked. They hit a big hole in the road, the bus bounced.
 
“Woah! And what exactly is your `way' of getting us out of this situation if we're caught?” Miroku asked.
 
“We'll move to Canada and change our names to Bob Sagot and Michael Jackson.” Inuyasha said sarcastically and made a big curve with the bus.
 
“Ah!” Miroku fell on the isle on his butt. He sighed and thought:
This is going to be one hell of a night…
****************************************
Naraku placed each of the girls in the corner of the alley.
 
“The incident we have a few years ago ashamed me. I loathed it!” Naraku hissed at them.
He untied both of the gags.
Kagome and Sango gasped for fresh air.
 
“Why? Why are you doing this?” Kagome asked.
 
“Same reason as before,” Naraku answered.
 
“What's going to happen to us?” Sango asked, struggling to undo her tied hands.
 
“Same thing as before, except…” Naraku got dangerously close to Sango face, “You won't escape this time…”
 
“THE HELL THEY WON'T!” Inuyasha shouted behind him. Miroku lunged a punch at Naraku.
 
(A/N. this would be a good time to play `Face Down' by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus guys. It goes pretty well with what will happen next. Even thought Naraku's not Kagome's or Sango's bf, but they were supposed to get abused so…. Yea xD)
 
Kagome's and Sango's eyes twinkled with joy. Inuyasha and Miroku smiled at them and put their attention back at Naraku.
 
Hey Girl you know you drive me crazy
One look puts the rhythm in my head.
Still I'll never understand why you hang around.
I see what's going down.
 
“Bastard, I thought I told you not to bother them again…” Inuyasha growled at Naraku.
 
“I thought this wouldn't happen again…” Kagome squeaked.
 
Cover up with makeup in the mirror,
Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again.
 
 
“What can you do? I am in love; you have no right to take away my privilege to love them.” Naraku said.
 
You cry alone, and he swears he loves you
 
Naraku grabbed Sango by her hair, “Your precious friend belongs to me now.” He said, and pushed Sango back down by Kagome.
 
Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
 
Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.
 
Inuyasha pushed Naraku to the wall and engaged in a fight, distracting Naraku so Miroku could untie the girls.
 
Miroku took Naraku's dagger that was left behind and cut the rope off Kagome and was about to free Sango until a punch sent him flying, making him drop the dagger.
 
“Ah, so this is where my dagger was…” Naraku said softly.
 
A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect;
Every action in this world will bear a consequence.
If you wade around forever you will surely drown.
I see what's going down.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome ran to his aid, Sango was squatted next to Naraku who was standing… with a gun. Inuyasha, Kagome and Miroku were a good 12 feet across from Naraku.
“Asshole…” Miroku hissed as he slowly got up with Inuyasha and Kagome by his side.
 
I see the way you go and say you're right again,
say your right again
heed my lecture
 
Naraku shot a bullet that zipped near Kagome's bear arm. (A.n/ Remember, Sango and Kagome were in their PJs that were described to you at Chapter 3. Man, if Naraku did that to me, I'd chuck a trash can at him and runaway as far as I could! lol)
 
Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.
 
Kagome jumped in Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha picked her up and carried her bridal style so he could move her if Naraku tried to shoot her again. Sango got up, but was thrown to the floor by Naraku. His foot was planted on her back so she couldn't get up again.
 
Sango's face was down in the dirt.
 
Face down in the dirt
She says "this doesn't hurt"
She said “I finally had enough”
 
Face down in the dirt
She says "this doesn't hurt"
She said “I finally had enough”
 
“Sango!” Kagome shrieked, “Naraku, I've had enough of this!”
 
One day she will tell you that she has had enough.
It's coming round again
 
“Kagome… why are you in Inuyasha's arms?” Naraku asked as he glared an Inuyasha and commanded, “Give her to me, or I'll shoot Kagome and the both of you!”
Naraku pointed the gun at Kagome.
 
“I'm giving you three seconds!” Naraku stated.
 
Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found
 
 
“Three…”
Inuyasha stood still.
 
 
“Two…”
Miroku stayed still.
 
 
“One…”
“Ahh!” Kagome screamed as Inuyasha threw Kagome into Naraku arms. Naraku, in fear he would shoot Kagome, dropped his gun to catch her.
 
Sango looked over to Miroku, he was pointing to the gun. Sango kicked the gun, sliding it to Inuyasha. He picked it up and pointed it at Naraku.
 
“Game's Over, Naraku.” Inuyasha sneered, “Let her and Sango go before I shoot your brains out.”
 
“You'd be attempting murder, do you really want to take that risk? Jail for life, or worse, death penalty.”
 
“Keh! Penalty, my ass! You're the butthole who sexually harasses dead corpses of past porn stars!” Inuyasha boldly spat at him. Miroku tried to hide the laughter building up in him.
 
“I'm not letting go of them!”
 
“We'll give you three seconds.” Miroku said. Naraku didn't listen. He dropped Kagome next to Sango and picked up the dagger next to him. Naraku hovered over Sango and Kagome, his dagger in his right hand, threatening to kill Kagome and Sango.
 
This was enough for both Inuyasha and Miroku. Inuyasha naturally shot Naraku in the head, killing him. It's almost as if his instincts told him to not wait till the count of three and pull the trigger. Naraku fell next to Sango, blood all over.
 
Do you feel like a man when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found
 
 
Sango screamed and got up to her feet with Kagome. They jumped over the flowing blood and scampered to Inuyasha and Miroku. Kagome launched in Inuyasha's arms. Miroku held Sango close to his chest.
 
Inuyasha and Miroku looked at each other and looked back at the angels sobbing in their arms. Miroku rubbed Sango back to soothe her. He thought it would be best not to grope her.
Inuyasha wrapped both of his strong arms on Kagome's waist. He rested his cheek on top of her soft head.
 
“I thought I had enough.” Kagome whispered barley for anyone to hear.
 
Face down in the dirt
She says "this doesn't hurt"
She said “I finally had enough”
 
“You had enough. This won't happen again as long I'm around.” Inuyasha whispered back. Kagome nodded in his chest.
(Disclaimer: I don't own Face Down, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus does!)
*****************************************
 
Finally, after a long night, back home, safe and sound.
It was 2:38 AM and everyone was exhausted. Miroku and Sango were asleep…in the same bed! But Sango said that Miroku was to sleep in his side of Sango's bed, and Sango's her's.
 
Meanwhile in Inuyasha's room…
 
Click! Inuyasha flicked the lamp on, providing a small amount of light.
 
“Inuyasha, thanks… Now I owe you something else too, huh?” Kagome chirped. She was sitting on Miroku's bed, facing Inuyasha who was tucked in his own bed across form Kagome.
 
“The first repayment, you were supposed to sleep with me,” Inuyasha said.
 
“Well, it was short notice! Besides, you were rushing things!”
 
Things? I didn't know we had things?” Inuyasha smirked. Kagome scowled and plopped on her bed, her back facing Inuyasha, “Nevermind, just forget it!” She said and sighed. After 5 minutes of silence, she asked, “You think anyone will know who killed Naraku? I mean, we just left him there…”
 
“Don't worry too much about and go to sleep” Inuyasha groaned and closed his eyes. Kagome looked out the window got up from bed to shut it. She flicked the lamp off. Kagome stared and Inuyasha for a second and climbed into his bed next to him. The movement of the bed made Inuyasha wake up. He looked at Kagome who was cuddling his arm.
 
“Huh…?” He muttered.
 
“I'm scared…” Kagome softly said. That was all Inuyasha need to hear, he pulled her on top of him and wrapped arms around her. In peace, they closed their eyes and fell in slumber.
*************************************
 
A.N/ Awww! Isn't that cute? I wish I were Kagome right now!
I worked releeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hard on this. I think I did a good job, I hope.
 
 
THIS CHAPTER DEFENANTLY DESERVES SOME REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!! PLZ REVIEW!!!!