InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shocking New Love ❯ Sesshomaru's Mistake ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha and the others arrived in the clearing where Kagome was attacked attacked by Kagura not too long ago. He looked around, sniffing occasionally. Shippo hopped off of Kirara's head and shivered. Miroku noticed this and walked up to him.
“Are you okay, Shippo?” he asked. Shippo looked up at him worriedly.
“Haven't you noticed? Th-there're dead demons everywhere around here,” stuttered Shippo. Inuyasha nodded.
“Yeah. There're so many demons here, what could've done this?” he wondered out loud, stepping forward towards the tree Kagome was trapped against. Sango knelt down and examined the demon remains.
“These demons look like the demon spirits that Naraku has,” she pointed out. Miroku nodded.
“Yes, they do.”
“They are Naraku's demon spirits. They reek of his stench,” said Inuyasha, kneeling down at the base of the tree. Shippo looked alarmed.
“Y-you mean that Naraku is nearby?!” he exclaimed. Miroku shook his head.
“No, Shippo. I don't sense Naraku's presence anywhere near here.” Shippo sighed with relief. Inuyasha jumped to his feet.
“Kagome was here! I can smell her!” The others looked relieved that they were getting close to finding their friend.
“Do you think it was Kagome that killed all of these demons?” asked Sango. Inuyasha shook his head and turned to face her.
“No, it couldn't be. There's no way Kagome could've taken out all of these demon spirits on her own.” Sango and Miroku sighed.
“Then who killed all of them?” asked Shippo. Inuyasha sniffed the air one more time and growled. He knew who killed the demons.
“Sesshomaru… He killed them all.”
“Sesshomaru did? Then, where is he? And Kagome?” asked Miroku. Inuyasha picked up the scent of Sesshomaru's blood.
“Wait a sec… I smell his blood. He's wounded.”
“Maybe if we follow the scent of his blood it'll lead us to Kagome!” exclaimed Shippo happily. Inuyasha nodded and sighed. I'll find you, Kagome… I promise, he thought. He got low to the ground and sniffed the grass for a trail of Sesshomaru's blood. He found it and crawled towards the forest, still sniffing so he wouldn't lose the scent. The others sighed and followed, hoping that they'd find Kagome and Sesshomaru soon.
Rin and Jaken came back to Sesshomaru and Kagome a little while later with some fresh fruit. Rin smiled when she saw Kagome still asleep with Sesshomaru watching over her and stroking her hair. Sesshomaru looked up.
“I see you found yourself some food,” he said. Rin nodded and sat down across from him. Kagome began to stir. She yawned and opened her eyes, sitting up. Rin smiled.
“Good morning, Kagome.” Kagome smiled and ruffled Rin's hair.
“Hey. What time is it?” she asked.
“It's about mid-afternoon,” replied Sesshomaru.
“Mid-afternoon?! Whoa, I really overslept!” exclaimed Kagome. Sesshomaru chuckled a bit and smiled slightly. Kagome smiled back then noticed that almost the entire side of Sesshomaru's kimono was stained with blood. Rather than getting better, it looked as though the wound was getting worse. Sesshomaru was ignoring the wound completely.
“Sesshomaru, your wound is bleeding. Your kimono has blood on it,” pointed out Kagome. Sesshomaru looked down to where his wound was and saw all the blood. He still didn't seem to mind. He stood up, wincing a bit when more blood came out of his wound and soaked his kimono more. Kagome stood up and put her hand on his shoulder.
“Sesshomaru, let me help you. I can bandage up your wound. It'll stop the bleeding a bit.” Sesshomaru looked at Kagome and saw the worry in her eyes. Finally, he agreed. Kagome smiled and took hold of Sesshomaru's hand. She looked at Rin.
“Rin, you stay here with Jaken, okay?” Rin nodded and began eating some of the fruit she had gathered. Kagome smiled and set off into the forest, holding Sesshomaru's hand and pulling him with her. Sesshomaru could feel the blood seeping out of his wound, but he still didn't want to admit that it hurt.
Kagome brought Sesshomaru to a river and let go of his hand.
“Okay, now sit down,” she instructed him. Sesshomaru obeyed and sat down on the soft, sandy riverbank. “Now, take off your armor and shirt and I'll get a washrag.” Sesshomaru felt a little uncomfortable after Kagome said he had to take his shirt and armor off so she could help him, but he did as she said and stripped his armor, shirt and fluffy from him, placing them down beside him. Kagome blushed when she saw Sesshomaru's muscular chest and silently scolded herself for thinking of such things. She got a rag out of her backpack and soaked it in the river. She kneeled down next to Sesshomaru and looked at his wound. It looked serious.
“That looks really painful,” she said, guilty because of the fact that he got wounded because of her. Sesshomaru shook his head.
“Only a bit,” he lied. Kagome dabbed at Sesshomaru's wound with the wet rag, hoping she wasn't hurting him even more by doing so. Sesshomaru winced slightly, desperately trying to look casual. Kagome cleaned the wound thoroughly then dipped the cloth in the river to wash off some of the blood. She looked at Sesshomaru, concerned.
“Did that hurt?” she asked. Sesshomaru looked at her and shook his head slightly, even though it did hurt. Kagome nodded and took out her first aid kit. She opened the lid and took out a spray can of antibiotic. She held it in front of Sesshomaru's wound, about to spray it.
“This will sting a bit, but I promise it won't last long,” she warned. Sesshomaru nodded and braced himself. Kagome sprayed his wound with the antibiotic. Sesshomaru bit his lip, trying to dim the agony of the stinging fluid hitting his wound. Kagome stopped spraying the antibiotic, and took some bandages out of the first aid kit.
“Okay, I'm going to put the bandages on now, so try to hold still,” she said. Sesshomaru nodded. Kagome unrolled the roll of bandages and began wrapping them around Sesshomaru's stomach. She wrapped it over his shoulder and tied it so it wouldn't come undone. Sesshomaru flinched as it put pressure on his wound, but he quickly recovered. Kagome smiled.
“There, all done.” Sesshomaru cast a sidelong glance at Kagome, a slight look of gratitude in his eyes.
“Thank you…” he said. Kagome blushed a little bit.
“Your welcome.” Kagome blushed even more when she noticed that Sesshomaru wasn't putting the top part of his kimono back on. Sesshomaru was confused about why Kagome was blushing so much.
“Kagome, are you all right?” he asked. Kagome nodded, still blushing a bit.
“Yeah, I'm fine. It's just… you can put your kimono back on now,” she said, her cheeks pink with embarrassment. Now it was Sesshomaru's turn to feel embarrassed. Sesshomaru reached over to pick up his shirt but then he felt Kagome's hand on his shoulder. He turned to see what was wrong then found himself holding Kagome tightly, kissing her feverishly. Kagome responded eagerly, her hands resting on the demon lord's chest. He was so warm. Sesshomaru moved away from the light contact slightly, tracing his claws down Kagome's back softly. Kagome shivered at the feeling, pressing herself against him. The demon lord fell back onto the sand, moving his hands under the back of Kagome's shirt and rubbing softly. Kagome shivered, a little uncomfortable about what they were doing. Sesshomaru rolled over so he was on top of Kagome and began kissing her again, his heart beating rapidly. Kagome wrapped her arms around the handsome demon's neck, her fingers getting entangled in his mane of gorgeous hair. Sesshomaru growled in his throat and moved his hot kisses to Kagome's neck, nipping here and there. Kagome gasped softly, surprised when she felt Sesshomaru's teeth. Sesshomaru was goaded on by Kagome's occasional, almost illegible sounds as he continued kissing her and wanted to kick it up another notch. He nipped harder on Kagome's neck with his fangs and smirked at the loud gasp she elicited. Kagome pushed up on Sesshomaru's chest, wanting him to get off of her. Sesshomaru obeyed Kagome's wishes and got off of her, sitting to the side of her and looking into her eyes.
“What's wrong, Kagome?” he asked, searching her eyes frantically in concern. Kagome sat up, her hand over the bite wound, and looked at the ground.
“I'm not ready for this…” she said softly.
“Kagome?” Kagome looked at Sesshomaru, an upset look on her face. “I have no intention of hurting you.” He kissed Kagome once again on the lips, holding her hand in his. Kagome kissed back then broke the kiss.
“Sesshomaru, I'm going to go for a walk…” she said, removing her hand from Sesshomaru's and standing up.
“I'll come with you.”
“No, I want to go alone… I need some time to clear my head…” Sesshomaru had a feeling that that wasn't the reason Kagome wanted to go alone, but he nodded.
“Very well. Be careful.” Kagome smiled slightly and nodded.
“I will. I'll see you later, Sesshomaru.” Kagome put everything back in her backpack (except the bloodstained cloth) and put it on her back, walking off along the riverbank. Sesshomaru watched her leave, the feeling of guilt heavy in his heart. He picked up his shirt and put it back on, along with his armor and fluffy. I shouldn't have bitten down that hard; I ended up hurting her. How could I have done that to her? Wondered Sesshomaru, scolding himself. Then he saw the bloodstained rag that Kagome had used to cleanse his wound. He picked it up and looked at it. Why did she even bother helping me? He wondered.
He walked back to where Rin and Jaken were waiting and sat down, closing his eyes, still holding the rag in his hand. Rin walked up to him.
“Lord Sesshomaru, where's Kagome?” she asked.
“She went for a walk. She'll be back in a little while,” replied Sesshomaru. Rin nodded.
“Okay.” It was then that Sesshomaru heard someone approaching. He opened his eyes and stood up, grabbing the hilt of the Tokijin and standing protectively in front of Rin. He was surprised to see Miroku step out from the bushes.
“It's okay, Sesshomaru, we're not here to fight,” he said, holding up his hand. Sesshomaru removed his hand from the hilt of his sword. Inuyasha and the others stepped out from the bushes. Inuyasha glanced around the area and when he didn't see Kagome, he glared at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru returned the glare.
“Thought I smelled something,” he mocked.
“Where is she, Sesshomaru?” asked Inuyasha, demanding an answer.
“She went for a walk. She insisted that she go alone,” explained Sesshomaru calmly. Inuyasha growled.
“Like I'm gonna believe that!” he shouted. Rin stepped in front of Sesshomaru like she was protecting him and clenched her hands into fists, glaring up at Inuyasha.
“Lord Sesshomaru doesn't lie! And Kagome really did go for a walk!” she said, defending Sesshomaru's honor. Sesshomaru wasn't the only one surprised at Rin's outburst; the others were as well. Inuyasha looked down at Rin and his expression softened a bit. She reminded him so much of Kagome.
“Alright, I believe you… Which way did she go?”
“She went northeast,” replied Sesshomaru, his eyes seeming to say `leave her alone or I will kill you'.
“Well, what're we waiting for?! Lets go find her!” said Inuyasha impatiently, apparently not seeing the message in Sesshomaru's eyes. Sesshomaru shook his head.
“No, Inuyasha. Kagome has insisted that she go alone,” he repeated with a severe tone of voice. Inuyasha walked up to Sesshomaru and looked him in the eyes, their gazes burning into each other.
“Listen, Sesshomaru. Kagome means a lot to me, and I don't want anything happening to her. If you want her to get killed, then stay here if you want. But I'm going after her,” snarled Inuyasha. Miroku nodded then something caught his attention: it was the blood on the side of Sesshomaru's kimono shirt. Sango and Shippo noticed it too.
“What happened, Sesshomaru?” asked Miroku. Inuyasha glared at the monk.
“Who cares!” Miroku held up his hand to silence him. Sesshomaru looked down at his bloodstained kimono then into the direction he last saw Kagome.
“Kagura and Naraku's demon spirits attacked Kagome this morning. I got her to safety, then went back to see Kagura. She attacked me with her wind and that's how I got the wound. A little while ago, Kagome tended to my wound and bandaged it,” he explained.
“I knew Kagura was behind this!” said Inuyasha. Sesshomaru nodded. Sango had a determined expression on her face.
“Which way did Kagura go, Sesshomaru?” she asked. Sesshomaru was about to say `northeast' when he realized something: Kagome had gone off into the same direction Kagura flew into!
“Kagome may be in danger. Come,” he said strongly, running northeast. Inuyasha and the others blinked in surprise. Shippo gasped.
“Inuyasha, Kagura went northeast!” he squeaked.
“But that's the direction Kagome went!” realized Sango, finally understanding Sesshomaru's words. Inuyasha growled.
“Well then, lets go find Kagome before Naraku does.” He and his friends followed Sesshomaru into the forest.
“Wait for me!” screamed Rin. She climbed onto Ah-Un's back and pulled Jaken up afterward. Ah-Un took to the air, following Sesshomaru's scent.