InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shocking New Love ❯ Naraku's Warning ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

At Naraku's castle, Kagura dismounted her feather and it turned back to its normal size. She put it back in her hair and walked into the mansion. Why is Sesshomaru protecting a mere human? She wondered. She walked into Naraku's room and slid the door closed.
“I'm sorry, Naraku, I-“
“You failed, Kagura,” finished Naraku. Kagura nodded. Naraku looked at her from where he was sitting on the floor. Kanna looked at her as well.
“Tell me, how could you fail? The girl was right there.” Kagura narrowed her eyes and verbally defended herself.
“How was I supposed to know that Sesshomaru would interfere?! If he hadn't appeared and saved her, the priestess would be dead right now!” she yelled. The corners of Naraku's mouth curled into a grin.
“Mind your tongue, Kagura. Remember,” Naraku held up a small sphere, which was also Kagura's heart. “I hold your heart in my very hand.” He gave it a gentle squeeze and a slight red aura surrounded Kagura. She clutched the middle of her chest and gave a small gasp of pain, falling to her knees in pain. She glared at Naraku.
“Naraku… damn you…!” Naraku stood and looked at her, squeezing the heart a bit harder.
“Kagura, do you wish to have another chance?” he asked coldly. Kagura looked up at him painfully and nodded slightly. Naraku smirked and stopped squeezing the heart. Kagura sighed in relief, still clutching her chest. “Very well then. I shall give you your second chance. If you fail me again, you will not get off so easily.” Kagura stood up and bowed her head to Naraku.
“Alright. What do you want me to do?” Naraku peered into Kanna's mirror and saw Sesshomaru watching over the sleeping Kagome. He saw the blood on Sesshomaru's kimono and laughed softly.
“Sesshomaru is wounded from protecting the girl named Kagome. He must truly care for her if he'd shed his own blood to protect her.” Kagura was confused.
“What do you mean by that?”
“Change of plans, Kagura. I'll come with you. Kanna, you too.” Kanna looked at Naraku and stood up, holding her mirror. Naraku got to his feet and walked out of the room. Kagura and Kanna followed.
“Naraku, what are you planning?” asked Kagura, wanting an answer.
“I'm not going to kill him. I'll break him,” he replied. Kagura ran these words through her head several times.
“I still don't-“
“You will, Kagura. You will.”