InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shocking New Love ❯ Sango's Discovery ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome looked up when she heard a rustle of leaves. She stood up, shaking a little with fear. She let out a sigh of relief when Sesshomaru emerged from the bushes. He walked up to her and held out the bow. Kagome took it, and looked up at him, eyes watery with tears.
“You… came for me?” she asked softly. Sesshomaru just looked into her eyes and stepped closer. Kagome dropped her bow again and fell into Sesshomaru's arms, sobbing into his chest. Sesshomaru looked down at her, wishing he had gotten there sooner.
“Oh Sesshomaru! I was so scared! I only had one arrow left, and there were so many demons!” she cried helplessly. Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around the trembling girl and held her close.
“I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner…” he apologized. Kagome shook her head.
“No, it's okay…” she whispered. Sesshomaru rubbed Kagome's back gently, trying his best to comfort her. Kagome felt safe and secure in the demon lord's arms. Sesshomaru closed his eyes, feeling Kagome's warmth go through him.
“I will never let anything happen to you… I promise…” he said softly. Kagome smiled and nodded softly, pulling away from the embrace a little bit and looked up at him. Sesshomaru moved one hand and brushed some stray strands of hair from Kagome's tear stained face. Kagome was still crying a little bit, and the tears wouldn't stop coming. Idiot, stop crying, she scolded herself mentally. Sesshomaru wiped Kagome's tears away with his thumb and smiled at her slightly. The young priestess leaned up and pressed her lips against his, closing her eyes. Sesshomaru was a little surprised, but he almost immediately kissed her back, closing his eyes. Kagome held onto Sesshomaru's arms as she kissed him, pouring her whole heart and soul into the kiss. Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close and deepening the kiss. Kagome felt like she was floating from the wonderful sensation and wrapped her arms around Sesshomaru. She stopped immediately after hearing a small sound of discomfort escape Sesshomaru's throat and broke the kiss.
“Are you okay?” she asked, concerned. Kagome had rubbed against Sesshomaru's wound and caused him some pain. Kagome felt blood on the front of her shirt and looked down. She gasped when she saw the deep gash in Sesshomaru's side where Kagura's wind had sliced him. Sesshomaru put his hand over his wound, trying to shield it from Kagome's worried eyes, but to no avail.
“You're wounded…” said the girl sadly. Sesshomaru shook his head.
“I've had worse. Come, Rin is waiting for us,” he said, trying to ease Kagome's concern a bit. Kagome nodded and picked up her bow, walking out of the forest with Sesshomaru. She cast one last look at Sesshomaru's wound and sighed. This is all my fault… If I hadn't refused to hand over the jewel shards to Kagura, none of this would've happened, she thought. Sesshomaru didn't seem like he was in serious pain and continued walking, despite the fact that he was losing blood quickly.
“Are you going to be okay?” asked Kagome. Sesshomaru nodded.
“I'll be fine. I'm a demon remember? I'll heal quickly,” he said reassuringly. Kagome smiled and leaned her head on Sesshomaru's shoulder as she walked with him back to Rin and Jaken.
Inuyasha was on all fours, sniffing around for Kagome's scent.
“Do you smell anything, Inuyasha?” asked Miroku, looking around the area for signs of Kagome. Inuyasha nodded.
“Yes. It's faint, but that's definitely her.” Shippo was collecting acorns while the others were searching for signs of Kagome. Acorns were one of his favorite snacks.
“There sure are a lot around here, eh Kirara?” he said happily. Kirara was in her small form and mewed softly. Inuyasha growled.
“Shippo, instead of picking up those damn seeds, why don't you make yourself useful and start looking for Kagome's scent like me!” he snapped. Shippo glared at him.
“My sense of smell isn't as strong as yours! And besides, even if I do help, you'll probably yell at me anyway.” Inuyasha huffed and continued sniffing around. Sango sighed and sat down.
“Ow!” she exclaimed. Miroku immediately ran up to her and knelt down to see if she was okay.
“Are you all right Sango?” he asked, concerned.
“I sat on something sharp.” Sango reached under her and found something pointy. She picked it up and examined it. It looked like a sharp piece of metal. Inuyasha walked over to them and his eyes widened when he realized what it was.
“That's an arrowhead!” he told the others. They all looked at him.
“But how did it get here?” wondered Shippo out loud.
“Look around, maybe it's from one of Kagome's arrows,” said Inuyasha, getting on all fours again and sniffing around that spot. Kirara decided to help and started sniffing around too. She followed Kagome's faint scent to some bushes near where the arrowhead was found and walked in. She started growling. Shippo walked in after her.
“What's the matter, Kirara?” he asked. He gasped when he realized he was in a small cave.
“Hey, everyone, Kirara found something!” he announced. Inuyasha and the others ran in and looked around. Inuyasha smiled a bit.
“Kagome's scent is all around in here.” Miroku looked at him.
“Could the rainfall from last night be the reason you couldn't catch her scent very well outside, Inuyasha?”
“Could be. In that case, she definitely stayed here last night.” Sango picked up a long, thin wooden rod that she found near where the arrowhead was located.
“This looks like the rest of the arrow. What could've broken it?” she asked. Miroku walked back out and looked at the place the arrowhead was found.
“Just as I thought.”
“What is it, Miroku?” asked Sango, kneeling down next to him.
“The body of the arrow was found not far from where the arrowhead was found right?” Sango nodded. “Well, I'm thinking that when Kagome shot the arrow, the thing she was aiming at was right about here.” He put his hand on a spot further up on the stone wall and pointed to a small crater in the rock from where the arrow hit (the sacred powers surrounding the arrow increased its power and blew apart the surface it made contact with).
“Who or what was she aiming at though?” asked Shippo. Sango was checking out the back of the cave and found something: the dislodged rocks from where Kagura's blades of wind hit.
“Inuyasha, look at this.” Inuyasha walked over to Sango.
“What'd you find, Sango?” he asked. Sango traced her hand over a long, straight trench in the rock.
“What kind of mortal weapon could cut through rock like this?” Inuyasha narrowed his eyes when he remembered seeing marks like that on the ground a few months before when he was fighting Kagura. He sniffed the air in the cave for Kagura's scent to be sure.
“It can only be one person…” he started. He and Sango looked at each other and nodded.
“Kagura!” they both shouted. They all ran outside and Inuyasha sniffed the ground for Kagome's scent. He found it and dashed into that direction, the others close behind him.
Rin woke to the sound of Kagome's voice. She opened her eyes slightly and saw the older girl looking down at her, smiling. Rin rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming and smiled happily when she realized she wasn't, hugging Kagome tightly.
“Kagome-san, you're okay!” she squeaked. Kagome smiled and hugged back.
“Yes, I'm okay.” Sesshomaru sat against a nearby tree and closed his eyes, his hand over his wound. It was healing, but very slowly. Jaken ran up to Sesshomaru and looked at him, concerned.
“What happened, my lord?!” he asked urgently. Sesshomaru opened his eyes slightly and looked at the imp, sighing softly.
“Kagura. I took care of her, don't worry,” he said calmly, closing his eyes again. Jaken gasped.
“Kagura?! Naraku's female incarnation?!” Sesshomaru nodded. Jaken's eyes narrowed angrily.
“How dare she injure you, my lord! Next time I see her, I'm going to teach her a lesson for harming you!” he said bravely, waving the Staff of Two Heads around. No one said anything. Kagome yawned and laid down on her stomach on the grass, closing her eyes. Rin bent down and gazed at Kagome's face.
“Are you tired from your long journey?” she asked. Kagome nodded, resting her head on her arms.
“Very tired… I'm sorry, but I think I should take a nap…” Rin nodded and kissed Kagome on the cheek.
“Okay, Kagome. Goodnight. Hey, Lord Sesshomaru, may I go find something to eat?” she asked.
“Alright… Jaken, go with her,” ordered Sesshomaru. Jaken bowed and walked off into the forest with Rin to help her look for food. Sesshomaru watched them leave then turned his attention to Kagome. He smiled when he saw her sleeping. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep, he thought. He stood up, not paying any attention to the blood seeping through his silk outer kimono. He walked over to Kagome and sat next to her, taking his fluffy off of his shoulder. He placed his left hand under Kagome's cheek and lifted her head up enough to slip his fluffy under her head for her to use as a pillow. Kagome smiled and shifted a bit, lying on her back. Sesshomaru hesitated for a moment then put his hand on Kagome's head, stroking her hair. Kagome felt this and opened her eyes a bit, looking at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru kept stroking Kagome's hair, looking down at her.
“Sesshomaru, what're you doing?” asked Kagome.
“Shh, get some rest. I'll watch over you while you sleep,” said Sesshomaru quietly. Kagome closed her eyes, enjoying how it felt when Sesshomaru stroked his hand through her hair. This feels good. Why is he being so tender to me? Wondered Kagome.
“Okay, Sesshomaru. Goodnight.” She moved closer to Sesshomaru and fell asleep, breathing softly. Sesshomaru smiled, sitting still, listening for signs of danger.