InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sightless in Seattle ❯ Sota's Secret ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sota's Secret

Sota lead Kagome to her apartment quietly. He was deep in thought, or rather deep in turmoil. He needed to talk to his sister badly, yet he was afraid to. There was a secret that only him and one other person knew about him, until tonight.

Kagome was now worried about her 19-year-old brother, he was being too quite and that was not the youthful and vibrant brother she knew him to be. When they approached the elevator to take them up is when she made her attempt to open him up.

"Sota, what's the matter?" she questioned anxiously.

"Never mind we can talk about it when we get home. I kind of don't want to say anything in an elevator…" he said, his voice dieing away as he spoke.

"But I want a full explanation when we get there"

"Don't worry Kagome, you'll get more of an explanation then you bargained for." he finished ruefully.

She left the matter alone until they finally got to her apartment. She was going to get a reason for his odd behavior, soon, and she really wanted to hear what could make her brother like this.

They entered after she got her keys out of her purse and opened the door. Inuyasha was asleep on her bed so she shut the door, so he wouldn't be bothered, by their talking.

Then Sota sat on the couch with his head in his hands, fear, shame and other emotions, clouding his face. His face was twisted and distorted, with anxiety and a secret burning a hole in his mind.

Kagome could sense him and sat next to him with her hand on his shoulder, comfortingly.

"I'm always here for you Sota, so tell me what's the matter ", she whispered.

"Kagome, it's too horrible for me to explain. A-a-and I'm so scared you'll hate me for it", he said, as tears started to accumulate at the corners of his eyes, and his voice breaking up.

"Sota I will never hate you so tell me!" she said, now frightened

"I'm GAY, Kagome!" he shouted, a complete mess, now sobbing.

"Sota", she whispered.

He looked up at her unreadable face, so absolutely terrified she would disown him as her brother, he was shaking all over. I seemed like an eternity before she said something, Kagome herself choking back some tears.

And when she spoke, his whole world was set straight again, as only a true sister could.

"Is that it Sota?" she choked out, happily.

His handsome face brightened and he enveloped his sister in an enormous hug that gagged her. His tears subsided and his fears were realized to be nothing more than just that, fears. Kagome herself wasn't sure how she felt about it but if her brother was gay, then it didn't matter. She loved him no matter what he was an always would accept him completely.

"Sota, it doesn't matter, it never will, you'll my brother and I love you, never doubt that", she uttered as she returned his binding hug.

"So who is the lucky guy?" she said after holding him by the shoulders, and smiling at him.

"Oh…well…you know him", Sota said, as a burning blush crossed his face, and he looked at the ground.

"Well, don't keep me waiting…who is he?" she said shaking her brother playfully.

"Kohaku", he whispered, smiling to himself as he said the name, as he thought of the couple year older muscular boy.

"Kohaku? Sango's brother?!", Kagome laughed.

"It's not funny!", he yelled indignantly.

"Well, that makes sense!", she said between hysterical laughs.

"Hey, he's really nice, and he cares for me ok?!"

"Ok, calm down little brother, I'm sure he is, and you two would make a good couple", she said, still giggling mildly.

"Kagome are you really ok with this?", he inquired.

"Of course I am, I love you Sota and that will never change, no matter what happens", she finished with a hug.

"I'm glad to hear it Kag, I love you too, and I'll see you soon, who knows, maybe we all can go out sometime, you bring your boyfriend you went with tonight and I'll bring mine!", he said laughingly as he walked out the door, a spring in his step.

"He's NOT my boyfriend!", she screamed at him as he left.

She sighed contentedly as her brother walked away, and she closed the door. Honestly as if her life wasn't stressful enough, her brother had to go and give her a heart attack, over something so trivial and insignificant as that.

So Sota and Kohaku huh? Well that fit, her best friend's brother, and her brother.

She laughed to herself, as she walked into the bedroom and looked at Inuyasha who was of course awake. He gave her a glare that read "So you had fun tonight?", his eyes oozing sarcasm and disgust, as he got off the bed.

"Inuyasha, come here", she ordered as she lay on her bed tiredly.

He looked at her dubiously, then came closer.

"I didn't enjoy myself with Koga alright, and I will never gout with him again ok?", she said.

Inuyasha's eyes lit up and he jumped on the bed, and curled up beside his woman.

"You know I love you best Inuyasha", she murmured as she fell asleep soundly.

Inuyasha opened one eye and got up and looked at the moon. He sat at the huge window and gazed up at the yellow orb, barely visible through rain clouds.

It was almost up. His punishment was almost up, and soon he would become human again, well, half human anyway.

But what would he do then? Just abandon Kagome? Could he leave the woman whom he had actually maybe loved?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA OR ANYTHING IN RELATION. DO NOT SUE.

So bet you didn't see the Sota/Kohaku paring coming! I don't believe I have EVER seen that pairing, so let me be the first. I did this pairing because I wanted to do something different that would spark some reviews hopefully. Hope you enjoy. R&R.