InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sightless in Seattle ❯ As Much As a Dog Could ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As Much As a Dog Could

Inuyasha woke with a start, he looked at the pretty woman next to him, and heaved a sigh, or as much of a sigh as a dog could.

Then he bounded off the bed, looked at the clock, and barked loudly in Kagome's ear. Her alarm clock hadn't gone off and she was still asleep. She then with a moan, crawled out of bed, and went to do the boring usual routine that was her life.

While Kagome did that Inuyasha was busy staring at the sky, it was going to rain and he couldn't see the morning moon properly. Damn it he couldn't tell.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome called, as she was ready to go, already have fed him his horrid gruel.

"Inuyasha, come here baby", she cooed, as she squatted down to his level, and hugged him soundly, and with a kiss to his muzzle, she left him dumb-founded.

She had done it before, not suspecting him to be the demon that he was. But nonetheless, he always blushed, or as much as a dog could blush.

He had spent his whole life with Kagome, and with out noticing it he had become attached to her, he felt like he owed her, when he left would she be able to survive?

He stayed quite and remained motionless as she put the harness on him and ushered him out the door. She didn't own him.

But now. Now, he was close to loving her, too close, he hoped he would change soon.

"Inuyasha. Come on!" she said to her Seeing Eye dog, as he dallied at the door, thinking. He obediently came and led her to her office, soon to be his. In fact, he would pay his imprisoner a little visit.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hello, Kagome", Kikyo said, as she walked passed her…wearing a new jewel necklace, that she commented and boasted of. So not only did she get to be late for work, she got jewelry too.

Kagome acknowledged her with a curt nod, and made her way to the office. She groaned as she played all the memos, from Sesshomaru no less. She had a ton of work. So she would start ASAP.

"Ok Inuyasha, I'm going to go and file these next door, so I'll be back after a while, I'm glad that I put those brail labels on all the files…" she finished by saying her thought out loud.

Good while Kagome was gone he would go and pay his imprisoner a stopover. But he must be careful; he was still vulnerable in this form.

Inuyasha walked down a long corridor and to the left were Sesshomaru was speaking on the phone, more like ordering the person on the other line around.

When he caught sight of the dog, he quickly hung up and narrowed his eyes at him.

"What are you doing here Inuyasha?" he said telepathically to his brother.

"I'm almost done with father's wishes", he said sarcastically.

"So it seems you are", Sesshomaru said nonchalantly.

"And you know what that means don't you?"

"You will try your feeble attempt at helping me run my company", Sesshomaru said, almost chuckling.

"Feeble, is not the word anyone has used to describe me", Inuyasha retorted.

"Your right, feeble is not the world people use to describe you…maybe mangy, or perhaps flea-bitten is more like it", Sesshomaru returned.

"Watch yourself Sesshomaru", Inuyasha finished, turning around and walking away, he had to get back before Kagome, would miss him. God, he was trained!

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Come on boy, it's time to go home", the weary Kagome said, as she packed up and harnessed him.

"You know, I really should go and see Sango", she said to her dog.

She made her way through the streets and she had to stop a moment to remember where it was, then Inuyasha began to walk, he obviously knew where she wanted to go, so he was going to lead her there.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome, walked up to the apartment complex, and stopped at the door. She reached in her pocket, and withdrew a cell phone, custom made.

"Hey, Sango, it's me Kagome", she said into the machine.

"No, I'm standing outside your apartment, I wanted to know if this was a good time"

"Yeah outside your apartment."

"Oh o.k. I'll be right up", she finished after Sango invited her in.

She walked up and into Sango's apartment as she opened the door for her friend, with a welcome smile.

They sat down and she began to talk.

"So you really went out with that waiter from last night? You are so lame Sango", she laughed and teased her friend.

"Hey at least I have a guy, are going to become a nun, Kagome?" Sango retorted jokingly.

"There is nothing wrong with being dedicated to work", Kagome said seriously.

"That's what you call it?"

"You really need to get layed you know that?" Sango burst out laughing.

"Hey!" Kagome said indignantly.

"At least I don't keep men under my bed!" Kagome said fiercely, recalling a memory from teenager hood.

"That was one time Kagome!" Sango said indignantly.

"And you'll never live it down, you whore", Kagome laughed.

"Hey at least I can get a man", Sango said with a good-humored attitude.

"Oh I could if I wanted to, slut", she said yawning and laying back on the couch.

"I am not a slut!" Sango shouted elbowing her best friend in the stomach.

"And prove it if your so hot, let's go cruising", Sango said cheerily, getting up and going to her closet.

"Cruising" as you so put it requires, the ability to see", Kagome commented mildly.

"Would you rather feel, guys out?", Sango giggled.

"I don't want to, I had a hard day at work", Kagome said yawning again.

"Your 26! For God's sake Kag, get your lazy butt up, and put this on", Sango said as she got dressed and threw a dress at Kagome.

"Wa-What the- Sango what is this?!", Kagome shouted as she felt it and estimated the length.

" Just put it on k?", Sango said as she herself started putting a dress on.

Kagome sighed. So they were going out huh? She was tired, but secretly that's why she came to Sango's apartment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

"So, where are we headed to?", Kagome asked as they rode in the car. She had left Inuyasha, who was anxious for some reason, at home, with Sango's cat, Kirara.

"I dunno yet, let's go looking at the nightclubs", Sango said driving.

"Hey did you know about Sota and Kohaku?", Kagome said smiling.

"Oh Yeah. He told me right as Sota told you", Sango said giggling.

"Can you believe it. Our own little brothers?", Kagome said, as both Kagome and Sango laughed, erratically.

"Yeah, I always knew something was different after they went by themselves to that action movie", Kagome commented.

"Do you think they made it to the movie?"

"I don't even think they made it to the lobby", Sango said with a grin.

"Hey, that club looks off the hook!", she said as she quickly took a parking spot, in the close front.

"What's the name?", Kagome inquired.

"Does it matter?", Sango said as she opened her door.

"I guess it doesn't does it? Hey Sango, let's go "cruising", Kagome said with a resolute smile, as they entered, excited at the male prospects.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA OR ANYTHING IN RELATION. PLEASE DO NOT SUE.