InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ twin tails ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own

~*~*~*~*~

Slow. One word that could describe the whole day. No jewel shard leads. No Naraku leads. Just a very slow day. They walked down a trail that lead back to Keade's village. It would be at least a day and a half to two days before they reached it. InuYasha's ears were twitching impatiently, as he held the usual scowl on his face. Kagome walked next to Sango carring on with a simple conversation. Miroku walking quietly glancing around at the senery. InuYasha's nose twitched as a matalicy smell hit it. Blood. InuYasha stopped walking and looked around. A little ways down the path was an animal. It was strewn across the path with deep gashes on it. Kagome gasped as she saw it, imediatly running towards it. The animal lifted its head an growled, it's fur spiking. Kagome stopped abruptly.

"It's a fox." InuYasha said plainly. "A decent sized one at that."

The fox was a glowing silver with the tip of its tail, end of its paws, and underside white. Its ice blue eyes locked on InuYasha and it bore its fangs. He bent down to grab the animal and recieved a bite in return. He quickly reached around with his other hand and grabbed the creature by the scruff of its neck. It flailed helplessly.

"A twin tail fox?" Miroku asked eyeing the extra tail.

The others looked. The animal stopped stuggling and lay limply, panting.

"Poor thing." Kagome cooed.

She reached out gently rubbing the fox's head. Kagome took the animal from InuYasha and cradled it in her arms. It fell asleep.

"We should treat its wounds."

"Kagome, it's a demon. Let it go." InuYasha said, turning away.

"No." She said firmly.

It was an order. The fox was not to be left for dead. InuYasha gave a 'keh' before turning away. They walked for a few hours before setting up camp in the woods. Kagome cleaned a wrapped the fox's wounds. The worst was a long gash down it's side.

"Gingistune are so rare, it's amazing to even catch a glimps of one." Miroku stated.

"She's definantly a pure blood one." InuYasha said.

"How do you know it's a she?" Kagome asked.

"Scent."

Shippou walked over to the fox. She lifted her head to stare at the kit. Kirara also came closer. The gingitsune watched the fire cat with careful eyes. Kirara sat a short distance from it.

"I wonder what its name is?" Kagome asked, looking at it from her sleeping bag.

"I've heard stories of how the silver foxes are known for gathering rare treasures. Said to be cunning and stealthy, they make good theifs. Not to metion a few demon lords will hire them as assassins."

Kagome mulled over the thought of the assassin bit, it made her shift around uncomfortably. She looked back over the fox, noticing how it stared intently at Sango, who was telling the story.

"Why are they so rare?" Shippou asked.

"There silver pelts make them stand out and they fetch a good price if you can get one."

They fox stood and started to wander out of the camp.

"Hey where you goin?"Shippou called.

The fox gave a glance back before leaving into the shadows. Kagome was about to get up to go after the wounded beast but was stopped by InuYasha.

"Let it go Kagome. Her demon pride is probably hurt for being saved by humans."

"But it's still hurt."

She wrenched out of InuYasha's grasp and took off after the small demon. After running for a few minutes she came to a clearing. The fox was sitting, staring up to the moon, her silver fur glowing. The field started to become covered in snow, and the trees lined in ice. The fox disappeared in a misty blue whirlwind. When the wind and mist disapated a girl stood where the fox had been. She had the same silver hair and ice blue eyes. Her skin was almost deathly pale and her clothes were white with a light blue armor over it. Her tails were twined around her waist to look almost like a belt. She had a dark blue pouch off her side with twin katana strapped on her back, along with a blue jewel with a staff disigned in silver around it. The gingistune turned to look at Kagome.

"Why is it that you have followed me?"

"You are wounded, I thought I should help."

"I am fine." She said kindly.

"How did you get the wounds?"

"A....mission gone bad so to speak."

"Would you like to camp with use for the evening?"

"I have time, why not."

With that the two set back off to the camp. The fire was blazing brightly and providing heat for the group.

"What is you name by the way?" Kagome asked just as they reached the camp.

"My name is Reiken."

"I wonder where InuYasha went?"

"The hanyou pup?"

"Yes."

"He went in that general direction. I'm fairly sure he stayed going in that direction, towards the smell of death."

Reiken pointed towards the north west.

~*~*~*~*~

Hope you liked it.R & R !!!! CC always welcome.