InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Binding Her ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don't own InuYasha, the language, or the spell.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome and Shippou stood at the top of a steep hill. Below them was a town. A fairly large one. She looked down at Shippou. He was busy watching the young children playing. The wind was at their backs keeping them from any smells of the village. They needed supplies, they had to go into town. Kagome slouched slightly and straightened back up. Her steps were slow and even. The children looked up at them and took off to their respective homes.

A man looking like he was in his late twenties approached her. His hair was a dark midnight blue pulled back into a pony tail. His eyes were a sky blue. He wore traditional lord robes. The man studied her for a moment before a smile broke out over his face.

"Most of our kind lives in this town. We're a pretty tight knit species, so it's not often we get some one who is completely new."

"Who are you."

"I am Kyo, lord of the silver fozes."

"You mean like me? I was told there weren't many of us."

"And who ever told you is right. This is almost the entire population of silver foxes in all of Japan. But you are unknown to me which is very rare. Where are you from?"

"From a far off place. Reiken brought me to this general area."

"Reiken! I have reports that she recently died."

"Yes, she did."

"Well come with me. You are welcome to stay here. If you wish to live here we will have a hut built for you."

"I would like to stay a few nights, but I'm afraid I have no desire to live here. I'm a bit of a wanderer."

Kyo nodded and led her to a large inn. The owner bowed at Kyo's entrance and looked at Kagome.

"We have a new fox, see that she gets a good room."

"I was wondering Kyo." Kyo turned to look at her. "Do you have any scrolls or books on the history of gingitsunes."

"Why yes, of course, they're at my home. Come."

She followed him acoss the town smiling and waving at the townspeople. This place was so happy. So safe. Maybe she and Shippou could stay in this town. Shippou was sitting on her shoulder. She could feel him shifting around nervously.

"Kagome I don't like it here."

"Why Shippou?"

"It feels wrong. Don't you feel it?"

"After I look through the scrolls we can leave if you want. I could practice hunting bigger game like deer."

"Will we ever go back to Sango and Miroku?"

Kagome stopped midstep and looked down. She turned her head to look at him.

"I can't go back. If you wish to, I will take you."

"But don't you want to see them?"

"Listen Shippou, I would love to see them. With all my heart I would, but I can't go back just yet. Almost a month isn't long enough for me."

"Okay. I'll stay with you then."

She smiled at him and caught up with Kyo. They were now standing outside a large gate. The wood seemed to be well taken care of. The gates opened and Kagome followed Kyo in. They walked down a few halls, mostly with bare walls. Kyo opened the doors to the library and motioned Kagome in. Books and scrolls litered the shelves.

"Help yourself."

She ran over to the shelves and started examining titles.

"I take it you are a noble."

"Huh?"

"A noble. Only noble children are educated in reading and writing."

"No I'm not a noble. Where I'm from all are educated equally."

"I see."

Kyo then left Kagome to read and study the scrolls of ancient gingitsune traditions, powers, and ledgends. Hours passed by. Kagome had gotten through quite a few books on various subjects. There was such an overwhelming amount of information. Reiken was right about the ice power thing. Almost every silver fox had power over ice, with the exception of three. Sai, Yuki, and Mia. Those three were documented to have power over fire, wind, and water. Old ledgends told of how those three worked together to save the race. Traditions consisted of the courting ceremony and mating ceremony.

Surprisingly there were many variations. The book told of mixed ceremonies such a red fox traditions or dog tradition. Wolves were even mixed in some places. There were adoption ceremonies as well. Her thoughts turned to Shippou at that. She did want to adopt the young fox legally among youkia standards, but she would never ask that of him. Not out of the blue any way. If she did at all it would be at the right time. Finally she'd read all she wanted to know. It was late and Shippou was tired. Not to mention she didn't want to stay in a place the felt wrong to Shippou.

Shippou was curled into the crook of her arm, drifting in and out of sleep. Kagome left the library. Kyo was standing a little ways down the hall, talking to a young servant. The servant bowed and left him. Kyo turned to Kagome with a big smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Kyo but I can't take you up on your hospitality offer, even for the night."

"Hmmm? Why?"

"Well this place makes Shippou uncomfortable and I don't want that."

"He looks find to me."

He pointed to a sleeping Shippou.

"Still, I wish to leave. I'm sorry about all this."

She walked around him.

"Kagome."

She stopped and looked back.

"Did you happen to read the black book with the silver page lining?"

"No."

"I think you should, Csitri."

"Csitri?"

"You will find it in the book."

Kagome shrugged and headed back into the library. Quickly she scanned the shelves for such a book. It was on the far shelf, tucked between two larger books. She pulled it out. It was in another language. She heard Kyo come in. He was mumbling some thing but it got louder the longer he spoke.

"Te avio plafertiilam. Entolam kuulua, avio palafertiilam. Ted kuuluak, kacad, kojed. Elidamet andam. Pesamet andam. Uskolfertiilamet andam. Sivamet andam. Sielamet andam. Ainamet andam. Sivamet kuukuak kaik etta a ted. Ainaak olenszal sivambin. Te elidet ainaak pide minan. Te avio palafertiilam. Ainaak sivamet juttaoleny. Ainaak terad viydzak."

By the end his voice was an inhuman growl. Kagome felt something inside tugging at her soul, like a cat does with a mouse in a way. Suddenly her soul was pulled from her body. It twined with another in midair before returning to her body.

"What was that!" Her words were breathy.

"You and I are bound together till death. You are now my mate, Kagome."

"WHAT!"

"The words I spoke are an ancient binding spell. The words have been passed down since before our species came from the mainland. You will reside here with me."


~*~*~*~*~

I thought that was a good way to end it.