InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ coupe de tat ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: don't own

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome had gotten to know the castle layout, as well as most of the castle staff. Well, at least those who would talk to her. Some of them seemed rather angry at her, shooting dirtly looks, and glaring at her from the other end of the hall. Other than those few she was pretty friendly with them. The guard, however, she was still working on. Some of them seemed inclined not to trust her to much. The two guards outside her door, Ryu and Koe, she'd become good friends with. The townspeople seemed generally happy living like they were, but she wasn't allowed out of the castle just yet to check on individual standards.

As of now she was pacing in the library. Shippou was sitting on a sitting mat watching Kagome. Books and scrolls were spread over the floor. A few stray pieces of paper lay crushed up and in a small pile. Ideas that just didn't seem to fit. Kagome looked out the open shoji door into the courtyard. In which there was a small koi pond and a few trees. Most of the plant life was flowers and shrubery. She would constantly see servants pulling weeds, pruning, or feeding the fish.

Kagome went on to pace. She made a few passes before going over to the book shelves. Quickly she scanned over the books, ignoring ones she'd already read. She pulled two off and sat down. Shippou watched as she flipped the page silently. Kagome told him what was going on, and what she planned to do about it. She discribed her newest plan as something called a coupe de tat. He didn't know what that was but trusted Kagome with it. He had been prcticing his fox fire under Kagome's supervision. Though she couldn't show him exactly how to do it, she could help him keep his focus. The longer he could keep his focus the more powerful and longer he could use his fox magic.

She was also teaching him various other demon magics. Aura manipulation, scent manipulation, binding a foe. He mde sure to practice really hard. Now he was waiting for Kagome to finish her studies so she could train him. Kagome put the book down and started walking around, picking up scattered books as she went. She put them all back on the shelves.

"What shall we work on today, Shippou?"

"How about scent manipulation, I think I'm getting better." He said enthusiastically.

She smiled and walked out to the courtyard with him following.

"We're gonna try something a little different today."

"Okay."

"I want you to make your scent like one of the servant in the castle."

Shippou nodded. He thought about it for a moment. He pulled a small portion of his arua into his hand so he could use the energy. Slowly he started going through his previous exercises. His previous lessons taught him how to tweak his scent just enogh that no one knew it was him. This would be the first time he completely changed his scent into another one. Ever so slightly his scent started to change. It took abut ten minutes but he did complete it.

"That was very good! Better than I expected! Great job Shippou!"

"Thanks Kagome."

"Want to try something harder?"

"You bet!"

"Combine scent and aura manipulation with your transformation to pass yourself off as that servant."

Shippou started manipulating in aura. It was basically like scent manipulation except it took a little longer. FIfteen minutes later he was finished with him aura.

"Transform!"

He stood before Kagome as the servant Mayu. Suddenly he transformed back, his scent and aura his own.

"Sorry Kagome." His head was hung low.

"For what? You did exactly what I told you to. You just didn't have enough energy or concentration to maintain everything at once. It's nothing a little practce can't fix. The more you practice the faster and longer you'll be able to do it."

"Really?!"

"Really."

It was fun to teach Shippou, he was so happy and interested in learning.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Over the next few days Shippou got better. A lot better. He was just as good at it as Kagome was. Kagome had recently gotten over half the guard to admire her. For some reason yesterday the guard had gathered in the hall. Kagome was in the bath. Her's had broken so she was using Kyo's. Unfortunately she'd forgotten her clothes. Quickly she scurried out hoping not to get caught. She had been to preocupied with one hall, and backing down another, that she failed to notice that she'd been giving a good show to the guard. One whistled and she turned around and bolted to her room. Since then the guards had followed her around like faithful dogs instead of armed escorts.

So as of now she had the palace staff and guard. She could do this. It was going to be a hostile take over. Kyo would fall. Personally she didn't have anything against him, save for the fact of that binding spell. In fact he gave her her space, what she needed, and hadn't asked anything of her. He was polite and kind, but the only way she could come up with undoing the spell was...death. She really didn't want to kill him, but she really didn't want to be his mate more.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Kagome sat on her bed, a guard in front of her.

"How much can I trust you Tsume?"

"As much as you see fit mistress?"

"I want you to tell me your opinion on something, but I can't have anyone else know I'm thinking these thoughts."

"Of course milady. I will tell you my opinion."

"I pesonally want this town to be the safest is possibly can,but in order to do that, I must rule. Do you think I can rule?"

"But milady, you do rule this town."

"No I don't. Lord Kyo does and no one listens to a lord's woman. I would have to rule on my own.

"I will follow you in every choice you make milady. Most of the guard and servants will as well."

"Then I need your help."

"What would milady have of me?"

"I want to overthrow Kyo and take over."

"If you wish, I can help."

"How?"

"I can rally my most trusted who will follow only my orders. We will fight for you."

"Not for. With. Go gather your trusted, and I'll speak with you tomorrow."

"Yes milady."

The guard bowed and left. Kagome layed back. Everything was going acording to plan. Soon Kyo would be gone and she would be free. She sat up quickly. No she wouldn't. She would have a town to rule, watch over, and protect. Kagome smacked her forehead. She hadn't thought this completely through. Wait, she could put them under the protection of a strong, fair lord. That she would deal with when she lead them. Tomorrow she would also go to the town to talk to the people. They probably wouldn't be to happy with her though.

~~*~~*~~*~~

Tsume and fifteen others stood before Kagome. Shippou stood at Kagome's side, ready to participate as well..

"I will personally take care of Kyo, I need you to watch my back. We can't afford any surprises."

The guards all nodded and spread out around the castle. Kagome walked into Kyo's study. He was sitting at his desk.

"Yes, lady Kagome?"

She didn't answer, but instead walked over to the desk and sat on it. She swung her legs over the desk until she was almost strattelling him. She slid off the desk into his lap and ran her face along his.

"Goodbye, lord Kyo."

Kagome grabbed his face and quickly twisted to the side until she heard a sickening snap. Kyo's body went limp in the chair. She slid off his lap. Tsume walked in shotly after.

"It is done milady. You are now ruler."

"Yes, I am. I shall go into the town now, to see to the needs of the people."

~*~*~*~*~

R & R!!!