InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Town ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer ~ Never owned it; never will

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome had called a meeting in the town market, it was probably the quickest way to tell them of Kyo's demise and see to their needs. Kagome stood on a hut roof so she could see everyone's faces. There were about sixty people give or take. They quieted when they saw her.

"Lord Kyo is dead."

The crowed went into a sudden roar over the news. Some people looked around in a paniced state. Others held their families close.

"Quiet!"

The crowd fell into a hush again and listened.

"I shall protect this land. But first I need to know the conditon of this place. One at a time I want you to tell me the needs of you and your family. I would prefer to start with families first, please line up. Families over to my left, singles to my right."

The crowd split up, dividing themselves to Kagome demands. The majority of the crowd had been families. Kagome walked over to them. The first family was a family of five a father and his four children, three girls and one boy, all of a young age.

"What does your family need?"

"We are in the need of new clothes and food."

"Where is your mate?"

"She works as a servant in the castle. She and the other servants are not allowed to leave the palace."

"That will soon change. Which hut is yours?"

The man pointed to a small shack on the end of town.

"We will have to fix that. It is to small for five - six people. You will reside with me until your hut is finished.

This continued for hours. Kagome asking quetions learning the needs of the people and preparing to make improvements.

"Who is the closest lord to here?"

"The western lord milady."

"Sesshoumaru?!"

"Yes."

"I see. This makes things alot harder then."

"Harder for what milady. To ask for aid."

Kagome started back towards the palace. The servants were standing outside waiting for her return.

"You are all free to return to your families."

The servants stood there for a few moments, as if stunned by the sudden freedom. Some burst into tears as they ran to their homes. Others took a few seconds to thank Kagome before running off. Kagome went to Kyo's study. All the paper work was piled on the desk. Kagome flipped through it quickly, most were requests for assassins. She found a blank sheet of paper and started writing.

~~~~~~~~

Lord Sesshoumaru,

I request an audience with you concerning the town of silver foxes. This is semi-urgent matter and I wsh for you to give it some quick attention.

Lady Kagome

~~~~~~~~

Kagome called in a messanger and told him to deliver it as fast as he could. She wasn't even sure if the dog demon would be home, or if he ever was home for that matter. He didn't seem to have any problem with staying away from his duties as a lord. She sighed and sat back in the chair. The room still smelled like Kyo, even tough the servant scrubbed it down repeatedly.

~~*~~*~~*~~

There were several families residing in the castle now. It really brightenned up the place. Except for when she almost tripped over the children. It had been two days since the messanger left. How far away was Sesshoumaru's castle? Just as her thoughts were on the topic of Sesshoumaru the messanger stumbled in. He handed her a letter. Kagome opened the letter.

~~~~~~~~

Lady Kagome,

Your audience with Lord Sesshoumaru has been accepted. You shall report to the castle within three days time. You may bring two body guards and a messanger if you so wish.

The lords retainer.

~~~~~~~~

She looked up to the messanger.

"How long does it take to get to Sesshoumaru's castle?"

"A day and a half if you are fast milady. If you wish to travel by carrige it will take two and a half."

"I see. If you are up to it, you may accompany me to Sesshoumaru's castle. If not then I will choose another."

"I will come milady."

"Now I must go and choose two guards."

"Good day milady."

Kagome walked away. Tsume was an automatic choice, unless he wasn't fast enough, or referred another. She bumped into him going down the hall.

"Tsume, I need two guard to accompany me to Sesshoumaru's castle. I expect to reach there within a day and a half."

"My two strongest and fastest are Riku and Ryu. I would come with you but with you gone I must stay to protect the town."

"Ryu...he was one of the guards at my room. Who is Riku?"

"I will summon him milady."

Tsume walked away.Kagome headed off towards the library. Shippou was in there meditating. Shippou heard her come in and looked at her. He looked more mature, maybe a little taller to.

"Do you want to take a trip?"

"Where?"

"Sesshoumaru's castle."

Shippou paled slightly.

"Why are you going there?"

"Buisness. Do you want to come?"

"Yes."

"After I meet Riku we'll leave."

There was a knock at the door and Tsume entered with Riku following. Riku was a good 7" above Tsume's 6'1". His bright silver hair was short, almost in a modern style. He bowed slightly.

"I assume you are Riku."

"Yes m'lady."

"You will do fine, I want to leave soon. Get what you will be taking together and we shall leave."

"I'm good to leave right now m'lady."

"Then let's go."

~~*~~*~~*~~

Shippou was clinging to the back of Kagome's shirt as she ran. Her two guards were ahead of her, leading the way and the messanger was bringing up the rear. So far everything was be going smoothly. Kagome slowed her pace ever so slightly to be with the mesanger.

"If it takes a day and a half to get there then how did you make it to the castle and back in two days?"

"I only traveled a days worth. That is the closests our kind is allowed unless summoned there. Another messanger was waiting and took the letter to Sesshoumaru."

"Why aren't we allowed closer."

"You know we are constantly being hired as assassins. Would you want us nearby if you were a lord."

"Sesshoumaru isn't the type to fear something like that."

"And how would you know his type, milady."

"I've run into him on multiple occasions. Even been attacked a couple of times."

"And you're still alive! Amazing!"

"Not really. I was being protected at the time."

Their conversation ended after that and the rest of the trip was silent. They camped in a small field for the night.

~*~*~*~*~

R & R