InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Fight or Flee ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fight or Flee



Sai helped kagome up the side of the well since the giant pack had wedged her into a corner. She dangled in the bags straps as Sai held it over head. "Are you going to put me down?" "Hmm....maybe, maybe not." She looked at him and kicked her legs. Kagome gave him sad puppy eyes when her very small attempt to free herself didn't work. Sai pulled Kagome with him as a sword swung onto the spot he was standing. Kagome whipped around to face the attacker. "Kagome!" "InuYasha? What are you doing?" "Get away from him Kagome! He's working for Naraku." Kagome just stared at the inu hanyou. "InuYasha have you lost your mind?"

He stared slack jawed at the woman. Here he was, trying to save her and she called him crazy. "Kagome you have to believe me." "She is with me hanyou." Sai spoke calmly. "Get your hands off of her!" He swung his sword knicking Sai's clothes. "Wait here Kagome." Sai told her, leaving her by a tree. "Sai don't!" Her warning came to late. "Wind scar!" The blast rocked the ground and tore away half the forest. Sai was no where to be seen. "Sai!" Kagome ran onto the battle scarred ground. "Sai!" She called again. "He's gone Kagome. He was working for Naraku anyway." "You....you bastard!" Calling InuYasha names wouldn't bring Sai back but damn if it didn't make her feel a little better. She fell to her knees. "Sai your not alowed to die! I won't allow you to!"

Slowly she regained her feet, tears coming heavily. She looked back at InuYasha and took off into the woods. InuYasha was right on her heels attempting to grab the fleeing fox. After plenty of misses he got a firm grab on her ankle. He pulled her from the trees to the ground. Quickly she switched his grip to hold her arms. Kagome bit into his arm, tearing at the flesh. He was forced to let go. Again it was a chase through the trees. Again InuYasha grabbed her. She clawed at his arms, chest, and face. "Kagome, I'm sorry." He flung her into the closest tree.

She slid down the trunk. Numbness passed though her limbs and her vision went blurry before falling into darkness. InuYasha picked up her limp form. "Forgive me." He whispered before carrying her to the village. Sango and Miroku bombarded him with questions as soon as he entered the village. "What happened to lady Kagome?" Miroku walked along side him. "Monk I need you to put some seals on the hut outside of the village." "What?" The houshi stopped in his tracks. "Just do it." He nodded and left. InuYasha was looking for rope. He knew that when Kagome woke that she was going to be very...enraged.

After finding some rope he headed to the hut. Sango had yet to say anything regarding her friend's condition. InuYasha had told her that Sai was one of Naraku's agents. Working fast they bound her wrists and ankles then placed sutras over the ropes so that she could not break them. After they were done they sat outside the hut, waiting for her to wake.




Kagome woke slowly, pain soaring through her body. It didn't take long for her to realized that she was tied up. The struggle with her bindings brought Miroku inside. He sat on the opposite side of the hut and did not say a word. She glared at him. He was the one who put the seals on the ropes after all. "Untie me." She didn't hear the feralness in her own voice. "I'm sorry Lady Kagome, I can't do that." InuYasha walked in. Kagome turned bleeding eyes to him and gave a low growl. "I'll kill you." She said, words almost indestinguishable. His steps faultered only slightly.

"Kagome, in time you will forgive me. Until then we're going to keep you in here." "You will die, InuYasha." She spoke with words becoming less and less human. "Perhaps we should leave for a time." Miroku stated. InuYasha nodded agreement and both left. Kagome was alone now, in the darkness of the hut. Again she fought to free herself. After failing a few times she started to kick the wall. She roared in defeat and fell into a heavy slumber.

Kagome woke with the morning and to the smell of the food Miroku sat in front of her. She turned away from the meal. "How long will she have to stay in there InuYasha?" Sango asked. "Until she regains control." "She won't eat InuYasha." Miroku came out of the hut. "Don't worry. Her survival instinct will keep her alive. She'll eat eventually. I'm going to find some thing for me to eat. Stay here." InuYasha walked off.

"Miroku, do you think Kagome will be okay?" "InuYasha seems to thinks so." Miroku said leaning against the hut. "She looked so miserable. Do you think that she would really kill InuYasha?" Miroku shrugged. "It is hard to say. InuYasha told me that she would be violent for some time, but I'm not sure if she'd ever forgive him." They sat, enjoying the quiet of the morning, and watched the clouds overhead.

Kagome, in her frustration of losing a potiential mate and being tied up, had let instincts completely take hold. A low growl trickled out as she again struggled with the bindings. No matter how much she pulled and clawed at the rope it would just not break. The stuggling stopped when fur started to cover her body. Her face and body slowly morphed into her fox form. She nearly howled in pain as the bindings kept her arms from their propper position. Just before her shoulders went out of place the rope fell away. She stood and glared at the door, but listened to them speak.

"I should go see if she ate or not." The brilliant silver fox waited just off to the side of the door for her chance to flee. Miroku slid open the door to busy looking at Sango to notice a missing demon. Kagome ran past the monk, knocking him over in the process. She ran to the open field before her but stopped when a red clad figure appeared. She looked between him and the open stretch off to the right. Fight or flee. How she wanted revenge for Sai's death. She could taste it. Kagome looked back to the monk and demon slayer. Both were up and slowly approaching. Three on one was not good odd. Her mind was screaming 'run' and she did.

She could feel the ground slip beneath her feet as she ran. She evaded the hands of InuYasha, Sango, and Miroku and slipped into deeper forest. "How the hell can you lose a fox only slightly smaller then Kirara!" InuYasha raged. "InuYasha why don't you just smell her out." He stopped his rant and looked slightly embarassed. "Yeah."

Kagome had already arrived at where the battle took place. Nose to the ground she sniffed for any sign of the red fox. To busy sniffing she didn't notice the oni appear until it swung at her. A claw caught her and tore her side open from shoulder to hip. Blood began to dye her silver fur a scarlet. Dodging the oni's next swing she tore out the throat. She snorted at the corpse before continueing with her work. She ignored the throbing pain and the fading vision. She had to find him.

She turned to the remaining forest when the snap of a twig echoed around her. Her tail flicked impatiantly as she waited. InuYasha stumbled out into the new clearing. "Kagome, we're only trying to help you." She growled, fur standing on end before once again taking to the forest. Her wound slowed her down just enough for InuYasha to grab her fur. "Gotcha!" The blood in her fur allowed her to slip away. She came to the stream and dove in. The current tore at her and pulled her down. Her last glance of the surface was InuYasha standing on the shore looking around.




Kagome woke to a heavieness in her body and in a pool of diluted blood. She stood on shaky legs but only made it a short way before collapsing. Her wound was healing slowly. I need to find a place to rest. If I keep going I'll die. Although dieing had a very appealing flavor right now she wasn't sure that Sai was dead. No, she was positive that he was alive, but the first stage it always denile.

She hobbled onward taking a short rest every so often. Kagome fell against the base of a tree. Night was falling and it was a new moon. That gave her more time to get further from the others. Her power was draining and she could feel her form shrinking into that of a normal fox. She didn't see the hill and slipped down. She rolled onto a path and fainted.




Another chap. R & R!