InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Rage ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rage


So what if you can see
The darkest side of me
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
~3 Days Grace: Animal I have become





The power was a lure, a fine bait on a hook. Kagome just happened to be the fish. There was a wind pushing and pulling her fur although she knew that there was no breeze. Her feet seemed to move on their own accord. Eyes wide she stood just a few inches from the power...or energy. Yes, energy. There wasn't any real physical form, but most of it had seemed to concetrate itself into a focal point that left it looking like an orb. It floated two feet off of the ground, level with her head. Cautiously she leaned toward it. Some where in the back of her mind a voice screamed that this was a bad idea, but it was to late. Her nose caressed it just barely.

It evaporated leaving no traces of its former self. Kagome looked around for any sign of the great energy. A power that great didn't just disappear; it had to go somewhere. A tingle formed over her body. It was that feeling of pins and needles when your leg falls asleep. She shook herself trying to get rid of the feeling. A burning sensation took its place. All over her body firey hot streaks races all over. Eyes starting to bleed red she tossed herself about the small crater trying to fight the power that had some how found a way into her. Fur bristling she grew in size so that the trees barely came to her elbow. She roared and swated at the trees.

Kagome ripped them out of the ground and threw them to the side as if they were nothing. She tore a path of destruction through the small patch of trees. Again she bellowed, slashing at the water at her feet. She glared at hte reflection and bore her teeth before hitting at it again. Then she ran. Ran to the smell of fire and blood not yet spilled. He lopes were so massive that the occupants had no time to sound the alarm at her arrival. The only who saw her were the ones who were outside to begin with. The people stared in amazement at the creature for a moment.

She brought down her massive paw onto one of the huts. That's when the screaming started. Kagome smiled, a flash of fangs. She liked the sound. Woman and children fled to the fields, trying to escape their fate. The men stood with farming tools ready to give their lives for their family. She watched the woman and children for a moment before turning to the men. Fleeing prey just weren't as fun as something willing to fight back. She knocked them aside; the ones that couldn't keep their feet were first. Kagome dug her claws into some of them, enjoying the way they squirmed before they stopped moving.

She whooped in laughter as bones were crushed beneath massive paws. The men were all gone now, so she followed the trial of all those who escaped. They were hudled together clutching any children they had and sobbing. One small girl looked up to see Kagome's blood red eyes and let out a horrid scream. She leaned down snapped at the group. Two bodies broke under the pressure of her jaws. The rest tried to flee. She pounced. The expanse of her feet were to wide for them to hope to escape from. They fell under her weight. She jumped off them and looked down. Three were still alive, though in no condition to move. She watched as they wailed and howled it pain. They didn't last to much longer.

Kagome was on to the next village not long after her fun watching the women had ended. Smoke and the smell of people drew her again. And again she slautered the village, leaving more alive this time to watch scream. Another village, more blood and death, more ruined huts. Some of the villages were close enough together that one could her the others people begging for help.

Ryoko had been following Kagome's trial of carnage and she now had the very large fox in her sights. She could only watch as remants of huts and bodies were flung through the air. There was nothing she could do. She couldn't stand against such a great power, and she didn't dare to try either. She did pray. Prayed to whoever would listen that some one would be sent to save the people and Kagome. Ryoko lay her head on her paws and turned her face away from the massacre.




InuYasha stood in Keade's hut, alone, listening to her ask him to slay a rampant demon. "What're you sayin'? You want me to kill 'im?" He folded his arms. "Yes, InuYasha, but I do have a question for ye. Where be the others?" Keade nodded to the empty room. "After a while we decided to split up. Sango, Miroku, and Shippou should be coming back soon to check in. That fox took off some where, I don't know." He shook his head. "Have you heard any rumors about Naraku?" He looked at the old woman. "Nay, InuYasha, he has been very quiet this past year." InuYasha met her gaze. "Has it really been that long without Kagome?"

Keade nodded. "Aye, though because ye are all looking for her, it seems to have kept you together." She nodded at her own statement. "Yeah, I guess." He nodded to her and left. The demon had been striking villages in the north for the past two days. Truthfully he was surprised that the northern lord had been unable to take care of the problem. His soilders were the second best in the country, next to the west naturally. If there was one praise he begrudgingly gave to his brother it was that he knew how to command soiders. He shook his head and headed north.




Ryoko walked through yet another decimated village. Kagome had been going nonstop for days. Ryoko watched as the soilders that were sent by the northern lord were slautered. Blood was caked on Kagome's fur almost to the point that no silver shown through. Not even that faintest hint of the mother she'd known shown through. Kagome was teetering on the border of the eastern lands, not vvery far from their home. Ryoko hoped that she wouldn't destroy it; she didn't want to start all over.

Ryoko watched a red clad half demon get swated away by Kagome. She aproached silently, watching. Kagome roared and lunged. The half demon stepped back swinging his sword. His sword ran the length of Kagome's arm. She fell back with a horrid scream. "Take that you mangy fox!" He swung again. Kagome lept forward catching one of his legs. She shook him and flung him into the ground. Her paws came crashing down driving him deep into the dirt. She stepped back and looked down. The hanyo jumped up from underneath a pile of dirt and growled.

She bore her teeth and snapped at the hanyo. He jumped over her head and onto her back. Kagome flailed wildly. She rolled. He was left on the ground with a handful of blood covered silver fur. He sniffed and looked at the giant fox. "Kagome?" She snarled. He hesitated in raising his sword, giving Kagome enough time to get her teeth into him. "Kagome!" He smacked her across the muzzle with the dull side of his sword. She threw him through the air. Another fox came out of the trees and blind sided her. He was half her height but broad in the shoulders. Muscles rippled under red fur as he aproached.

Kagome growled and lunged. He sidestepped her attack and bit into her tail. He pulled and threw her off balance. She rolled giving him a long jagged gash down the right side of his face. He yelped but seized the scruff of her neck. He shook her so she couldn't get a footing, but her blood soaked fur slipped from his maw. He stood on hind legs preparing to slam her into the dirt, but she raked her deadly claws down his chest and over his stomach. He fell back. She went for the throat. He knocked her back, landing on her. Hind legs were planted firmly on her stomach while his jaws clamped almost gently around her throat.

A growl rumbled up his throat. She whined softly before passing out. Her form shrank before reverting to its human state. She lay on the ground unconcious, covered in blood, and naked as the day she was born. A chain broken at the manacle lay next to her body. The red fox took his human form and wrapped her in his shirt. "Fox! Where the hell have you been?" InuYasha roared, brushing the dirt from his clothes. Sai frowned at him. "I don't see that as being any of your buisness, half breed." Sai adjusted Kagome in his grip so that it was easier to carry her.

"What'dya mean it ain't my buisness! Kagome is my buisness!" Sai level him with a cold stare. "Not anymore she isn't." He turned away and started to walk into the woods, but a small fox stepped into his path. Fur standing on end, she growled at him. He gave her a cold stare but she refused to back down. She gave a fox bark and Sai looked to the woman in his arms. Mother? This young fox is yours? What have you been doing, Kagome? He looked back at the young fox and swung his head. "Let us go, we have much to do, little one."

InuYasha could only watch them go. Something kept him rooted to the spot. He sheathed his sword and looked around at the remains of the village. Blood, bodies, and debris littered the ground. The dead weren't in big enough pieces to be recognized as the humans they once were. "Kagome, what have you done?" He looked in the direction Sai, Kagome, and the little fox left in. "And what will you do when you wake up?" He left back towards Keade's village.




Kagome was groggy when she first woke up. The headache she had wouldn't let her focus entirely on her surroundings. All she knew was that she was hungry and warm. "Kagome, how are you feeling?" The voice made her look to the owner. She craned her neck to see Sai's burning red hair and serious green eyes. "Sai?" He smiled at her and nodded. "It has been sometime. Now, how do you feel?" He asked, turning her more to get a good look at her face. "I have a headache, but that's it." He nodded again. "That is good." Kagome looked around to see Ryoko staring at her. "Ryoko, what happened?"

Ryoko looked at her mother with sad eyes then turned away. "Ryoko?" Sai ran a hand through her hair. "I will tell you at a later time." Kagome's stomach grumbled loudly. "Let's get some food into you for now." Kagome nodded. "Where are we?" He gave her a hand up. "A small distance from the gingitsune village." Sai pulled her along to the stream that could be seen though the thin row of trees. "Is fish okay? I could hunt for something." She shook her head. "Fish is fine. The fox likes fish." She licked her lips. He looked down at her odd phrasing but said nothing.

A time later they were eating. Ryoko was across from Kagome, on the other side of their small camp. "Ryoko?" Ryoko looked up at Kagome's sad eyes, snuffled a little and turned away. Kagome walked over to her and sat down. The little fox visibly tensed. It wasn't that she didn't love her mother, but watching a loved one slaughter so many villagers tends to leave a negative impression. Kagome went back over to sit beside Sai and watched Ryoko relax. "Ryoko why don't you practice your hunting skills, but don't stray to far." She stood and sauntered out of the camp.

"Does she hate me?" She looked up into Sai's green glass eyes. "She could never hate you. Just giver her some time." He leaned over and nuzzled her neck. She leaned into his touch. Kagome flipped them both over with Kagome straddling his waist. Her nose was buried at his throat. She sniffed and ran a hand along his side. He flipped over so that kagome was now on the bottom. "Kagome?" He questioned. She didn't say anything but leaned forward and nuzzled his throat. He pinned her shoulders down and growled. The small woman froze and looked at him. He shook her. "Kagome snap out of it." She just seemed to wake up. "What happened?" She looked up at him. "You don't remember anything?" She shook her head. "Not really, it was kind of fuzzy, like a dream." He nodded. "Kagome, how much do you know about foxes?" He asked. "Nothing."




Another one. R & R!!! Thank you to my reviewers! Feel free to suggest ideas, if they fit I'll use them, like the chain keeping Kagome from transforming back. It wasn't my idea *gives props*. Thank you!