InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Simply in Love ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, writing again. Sorry, I say that like, every time I start to write again. lol. I'm weird that way. You just have to live with it. Muahahaha! Sorry, my evil side just turned up for a bit. I'm a crazy Sango! lol. R&R!!!

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha doesn't belong to me, grrr. Just read the chapter and don't complain!!!

Chapter Three

It was dark, probably around midnight. There were soft breathing sounds coming from the other side of the room, from the sleeping figures. Moonlight spilled through the windows, illuminating a small part of the room. But Sango didn't see this. The pain she was experiencing since she became conscious made her want to scream. She managed to keep it all in by clenching her teeth and keeping her eyes tightly shut. Sango wondered what had happened. It all happened so quickly. And now it hurt terribly just to breathe. And then she remembered. Inu Yasha had used his Wind Scar attack on the lizard demon. And she had been near the demon when it happened. She ran just to get out of range of the Wind Scar, but the lizard lashed it's tail out as it was dying. And it came out so fast at her that she was shocked, she couldn't have dodged it even if she tried. All she remembered was a moment of intense, blinding pain, and then it was all gone.

Finally, the pain became too much. Sango released a small whine, trying to ease her pain as quietly as she could. Someone got up from the other side of the room and came closer to her. When the footsteps stopped, Sango opened her eyes. A few feet above her was another set of eyes, golden, surrounded with white hair that almost touched her face. Inu Yasha asked worriedly, "Are you okay, Sango? Should I get Kagome?" Sango didn't answer. It hurt to breathe, she couldn't speak to answer. Inu Yasha saw the pained expression on her face and said, "I'm getting Kagome. Hold on a sec." He walked across the room and came back a few moments later with Kagome.

Kagome knelt down beside Sango, "Good, you're awake. Are you thirsty?" Inu Yasha hissed and stated the obvious, "She's in pain you idiot!" Kagome said, "I know that. But I need her to drink something so she can take some medicine, it will make the pain not so bad." She poured a glass of water from the pitcher beside the mattress and opened a small bottle that she had brought from her time. She told Inu Yasha, "Once she's feeling well enough to move on her own, I need you to bring me back to my time so I can get some better medicine. She'll heal a little faster if I can get it." Then she helped Sango to lift her head and swallow the water and the pills. When she was done, Kagome said, "There. It won't hurt so bad in a few minutes." Inu Yasha walked back to the corner of the room, his head down, and he kicked the wall. Sango and Kagome could here his barely audible, "Damn!"

Kagome said, "I'll stay here until you fall asleep. If you need anything, or if you feel weird, let me know." Sango closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pain, but within minutes it was nearly gone, and she was swept back into a dreamless sleep.

IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

The sun rose and the bird began chattering away to each other, and the farmers prepared for the day's work. Miroku opened his eyes, yawned, and blinked a few times. He almost forgot where he was, but then he remembered the events of the day before. He turned his head and saw Sango lying on another mattress across the room. He got up and walked across to her bed, kneeling beside her. To his surprise, she was awake. She stared at him a miserable, but somewhat happy look in her eyes.

Miroku said, "Sango... you're awake." He smiled at her in relief, "You don't know how scared I was for you. I thought we'd lost you. I'm so glad you're okay!" Sango smiled at him weakly, tears welling up in her eyes. When the first tear fell, Miroku wiped it away gently, "Sango, I... I love you." Sango's smile grew a little wider. She moved her lips slowly and whispered, "I love you too." Miroku grinned. This was the best thing that had ever happened to him, his dream had come true! He leaned down slowly and kissed her gently.

IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

For the next three days, Sango had been bedridden. Kagome insisted that Sango shouldn't move so she could allow her ribs to start knitting themselves together again. Inu Yasha didn't complain that they couldn't travel. He still felt guilty about what had happened. Miroku was almost constantly with Sango. She enjoyed his company. Being alone while bedridden was boring and lonely. But when Miroku was there, they talked a lot, or at least, as much as they could until Sango's chest began to hurt again and she rested for a little while. But Miroku stayed nearby day and night. Plus, Miroku loved her, and now she knew for sure.

On the fourth day, Kagome began to allow Sango to walk around. Miroku made sure he was always beside her. Sango's ankle was still injured, and if she were to fall forward, she might not survive the fall. Every time they walked, Sango would blush. Since her arms were broken, Miroku had to kep his hand on her waist and keep her body near his.

Miroku enjoyed these walks together, and he enjoyed holding her. No, not because he was thinking bad thoughts, just because he liked knowing that Sango could feel safe and protected when she was with him. It made him feel fulfilled that he could make his love feel good while he was holding her. But he noticed that when they walked, she blushed. He asked, "What is it that is making you blush so much?" Sango looked up at him, her face steadily growing redder, "What do you mean?" Miroku smirked and pulled her closer to him. Sure enough, her face turned slightly readder and she turned her head down. Miroku laughed, "Why is this making you embarrassed?" Sango said quietly, "It just feels like everybody is watching. I know it's stupid, but that's how it feels when we're walking together like this all the time. I mean, I do l-love you..."

Miroku smiled when she spoke. Once again, she had told him that she loves him. He suggested, "We don't have to walk in the village. We can walk in the forest, or along the river. The villagers don't go down by those places too often." Sango said, "You better not be plotting anything perverse to do down there while I'm disabled, are you?" Miroku laughed again, as he did often for the past few days, "No, no, my dear Sango. I simply want to spend more time with you. And if you're uncomfortable in the village, then all I can do is whisk you away, and you won't be bothered anymore." Sango smiled, "So, then, let's go to the river."

And to the river they went. The water was cool and they let their feet swirl in the water, playing with the slippery pebbles lining the bottom. Sango watched a blue dragonfly as it landed on her shoulder. Miroku smiled and said, "You know what? I think I can die happy now." Sango smiled back, "What makes you say that?" Miroku said, "You're with me. And we love each other. That's all I could ever want." Sango leaned closer to him, Well, sure you can die happy, but if you did, you'd leave me all sad and alone." "Don't worry. It would be cruel to make you unhappy. I would never do such a thing." He gave her a soft peck on the lips, "Besides, I love you. I couldn't leave you, even in death." He sighed and leaned back in the grass, letting his elbows prop himself up. Sango said, "Guess what." "What?" "I love you too."

IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

The sun was setting fast as Sango and Miroku Walked back to the house they were staying in. They were almost there when Miroku stopped, "Something's wrong." They walked a little faster to the house and Inu Yasha bursted out, "I'm going Kagome! I'm not just going to let it come and destroy everything!" There was a demonic aura in the air. Miroku looked to the sky and, seeing no moon, called out, "No, Inu Yasha! Tonight is the night of the new moon!" Inu Yasha said, "I don't care! I'm killing that demon!" And with that, he was off.

Miroku sighed and said, "Sango, you stay here with Kagome. I'll try to keep Inu Yasha out of trouble." He gave Sango a quick kiss on the cheek before running to catch up with Inu Yasha. Kagome said tauntingly, "It looks like the two of you are finally getting along." Sango blushed and said, "Shut up!"

The demon was the same as the last, except it was slightly bigger and it had spikes running along its back and tail. Inu Yasha was already slashing at it with the Tetsusaiga, but it barely left a scratch. Miroku pulled out several sacred sutras and shouted, "Inu Yasha, hit it when my sutras land!" He threw the sutra and they landed on the monster's chest, glowing purple as they burned through the demon's skin. Inu Yasha brought his sword above his head, "Wind Scar!" The monster roared in pain as a huge gash appeared on its burning wounds.But otherwise, the attack was not much. Inu Yasha stood stunned for a moment, but then growled. How could his best attack not work? He leapt high above the demon's head, his sword ready to strike. Miroku looked to the west and shouted, "Inu Yasha, don't!!!"

Inu Yasha was a good fifty feet in the air, poised to strike. And then the Tetsusaiga shrank. Inu Yasha's hair darkened rapidly and his dog ears disappeared, human ears forming on either side of his head. He muttered, "Fuck." As he began to fall. The demon, seeing its attacker falling in front of him, took a swipe at him. Inu Yasha cried out as he was slammed by the claws, gashes appearing on his sides, and crashing into a tree. He crumpled to the ground.

Miroku watched this in horror. Another one of his friends was hurt because of these strange demons. Filled with rage, he ripped off the beads from his right hand and shouted, "WIND TUNNEL!!!" The demon, filled with confusion and fear, fought against the rapid current of the air, but failed as it was swallowed up into the dark void. Miroku covered the Wind Tunnel and dropped to his knees, panting for breath. Bringing such a large demon into the void was a difficult task.

Once he had recovered, he ran towards the red and black heap that was Inu Yasha. He was bleeding profusely. The demon's claws had slashed up the left side of his body. Miroku cursed under his breath at the condition of his friend as he removed his top robe. He wrapped it around Inu Yasha in an attempt to stunt the bleeding. He lifted Inu Yasha, throwing him over his shoulder, and ran back towards the village. There were still ten hours left until sunrise. Miroku hoped Inu Yasha could survive the night.


InvincibleInuYasha: Yes, Inu Yasha's stubborn nature has once again cost him dearly. lol. I sound weird. Anyway, I'm tired even though it's not even 6. I gotta stay up so I don't miss Inu Yasha, FMA, or Samurai Champloo (my fave animes that just happen to be shown on [adult swim]) yay! Okay, so, enjoy the chapter, cuz I don't think i can update for a while. I have to update my Pokemon fic first cuz i've been slacking off (which I do on numerous occasions.) okay, so R&R, bye!