InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sleep Like The Dead ❯ The Dream and the New Kid ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: First time, so keep in mind I haven't gotten feedback on my work. Please don't flame, it's not nice and pointless. I mean, what does it do for either me or you? Only you can prevent author fires…

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha. If I did, I'd be sitting on a beach in California, instead of writing fanfics.

Chapter One

The Dream

-----------------------------------<(^-^<)<(^-^)>(& gt;^-^)>-----------------------------------

<i> She was running, following the red from the small shrine to the clearing around the God Tree. She didn't know how she could be moving so fast, the wounds in her side were dripping with blood. All she could think was that she had to get it back… whatever it was. She had to get it back from the one who'd hurt her.

The odd-looking boy in red leaped into the air, and she leveled her bow and shot an arrow at his heart. His golden eyes gllazed over, shocked, as he was slammed backwards into the trunk of the tree. The necklace with the large pink stone fell from his hands and landed by her feet.

The arrow held him to the tree, though she wasn't sure how. He looked like he was sleeping, his silver hair falling around him. Finally, it was over. She felt her body weaken more, and she collapsed to the group. With her last energy, she picked up the dropped necklace as everything went black…<i/>

Kagome woke up with a start, sitting up in horror. Her face was glistening with sweat, and she was shivering. She'd died, in that dream she'd died. Kagome had had the same dream many times before, but every time she was scared to death (A/N: No pun intended ^-^).

She glanced at her clock and saw that it was time for her to get up, anyway. Pushing back her comforter, she got out of bed and walked over to her open window. She was wearing only a blue tank top and pajama bottoms, and with the sweat covering her body she could feel the cold wind. She looked out, noticing as she always did the small shrine and the God Tree from her dream. It felt so real, it was uncanny. Sighing, she turned to her closet and started to get ready for school.

"Hey, Kagome!" Kagome's best friend Sango ran towards her, although it looked more like she was running from Miroku's wandering hands. "Kagome! Wait up!"

Turning, Kagome could see Sango clobber Miroku as she skidded to a stop. "Jeez, Miroku. Groping before eight in the morning."

"I couldn't help it, Lady Kagome." She wasn't quite sure why he called her Lady. It had something to do with her being a miko and him being a preist… "Sango was just so beautiful!"

Smacking the monk again for good measure, Sango turned to Kagome and asked, "Seen the new kid yet?"

"New kid? There's a new student? Human or demon?" Kagome was curious. Their school was new and experimental, a test case for whether humans and demons could go to the same school without bloodshed.

"Both, actually. He's half-demon. The Ice God's younger half-brother, I believe, and his name's Inu-Yasha."

Kagome giggled as the three of them moved down the hall. "I wonder if he refers to himself as `this Inu-Yasha'." As they all laughed at that, Kagome was tripped by a backpack on the floor. Instinctively flailing, she grabbed the closest thing: someone's hair. This, of course, resulted in her pulling the other person to the floor with her.

"Hey, wench! What was that for?" An angry voice cut through her confusion. She turned, still sitting on the floor, to look at the person she'd dragged down with her. Her eyes widened.

It was the person from her dream! Silver hair, gold eyes, puppy dog ears on top of his head, even the bright red clothing was the same. Staring, she didn't realize she was still holding the boy's hair until he pulled it rudely from her grasp.

"Wench, you mute or something?" Snapped out of her trance, Kagome started getting angry. However, before she could retort, a teacher came up and shooed the crowd that had gathered away.

`What is going on? Why am I dreaming of a kid I've never met?' Kagome couldn't help but glance back at the still-fuming hanyou as he walked off in the other direction. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, and let Sango drag her off to math class.

A/N: Okay, then. That's over. *Wipes sweat off forehead* I'm going to try to finish this story as fast as possible, cause I'm leaving in a week and a half for a three week camp with no computer access. ^-^ Read and review!