InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Small ❯ The bar incodent ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, hey, hey. Here's the next chappie, hope ya'll enjoy!!!
 
Sesshomaru and his two companions hadn't said a word since they started moving again. Jaken and Rin both knew not to say ONE WORD, Sesshomaru was pissed off as it is, the last thing they needed was to get sliced in half.
Jaken gulped, he needed to ask. “Lord Sesshomaru...” Sesshomaru just grunted, “I'm not in the mood Jaken.”
“But...I must ask M'lord. Uh...now that you are a...child, does that mean that your power is gone too?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped dead in his tracks and Jaken hid behind Rin. Oh, why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut? Rin quirked an eyebrow, “Is that true Sesshomaru-sama?”
Sesshomaru turned around, no emotion was on his face but Jaken and Rin both knew he was pissed. Sesshomaru then sighed and continued walking, “Unfortunately yes.”
Jaken breathed out a sigh of relief, “Where exactly are we going?”
 
“There's a village nearby, we'll find a tailor and get me some new clothes first.” Rin held her stomach, “Can we get something to eat too?” Sesshomaru sighed, “Good idea, I really could use a drink.”
“Are you sure they'll sell it to you?” Jaken asked. Sesshomaru nodded, “Trust me, they will.”
 
Up ahead they saw two young men walking down the path, Rin ran ahead of Sesshomaru and said, “I'll ask them if there's a tailor in the village.”
The two men stopped and watched the little girl running toward them, one of the men whispered, “Yah think they're demons?” His friend shrugged, “Who cares, they're just kids.”
“Excuse me,” Rin said. “Is there a tailor around here? My friend needs one.” The two men started laughing, “I'll say,” said one. The other stopped laughing and pointed behind him, “There's one in the village up ahead, he works fast and does an amazing job.”
 
His friend nodded, “Yeah, but the bartender is a jerk. He stiffs people on the sake, always gives us common folk the watered down, ruff shit.”
“Aye! Remember that time he watered down the sake so much it had no taste?” The other man crossed his arms, “Oh yeah, boy did he ever get yelled at. Anyways, the tailor is right across the street from the tavern you can't miss it.”
 
All this talk of liquor made Sesshomaru even more desperate for a drink. Him, Jaken and Ah-Un walked passed the two men, “Let's go Rin.” Rin nodded and bowed down to the nice men, “Arigato.”
As she left with her master the one of the men waved to her, “No problem,” he turned to his friend. “Nice kid,” his friend nodded and they continued on their way.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Sesshomaru had tied Ah-Un to a tree and gone into the village to look for that damn tailor. Him and his companions stood in inner section and looked around. “Rin, where did the men say that tailor was?” Rin thought for a moment, “Oh! They said he was right across the street from the tavern.”
Sesshomaru turned to the side to see a few drunks outside a large building. That has to be the tavern, he thought. So I that's the tavern, than the tailor must be over- “There!” Sesshomaru pointed to the large hut across the street and they all walked inside.
 
Inside they saw an old man working at a desk, trying to put thread inside a needle. He was old, perhaps about fifty to sixty. He had bald spot on his head and short greying hair, his black moustache was thick and completely covered his mouth, and he had large light blue eyes.
“Damn needles! Why the hell do they have to make the hole so small?” He muttered. Sesshomaru coughed, “Ahem.” The tailor looked up from his work, smiling he got up and looked down at the companions. “Well hello there, what can I do for you?”
“I need you to make me an exact replica of these clothes. Jaken.” Jaken gave Sesshomaru's clothes to the tailor and he examined them. “Hmmm, all right. But I can't do anything about the armour.”
 
Sesshomaru shrugged, “Just the clothes and shoes then. Oh, and a shoulder strap for my swords.” The tailor nodded and smiled, “Let me guess, these are your father's clothes and you want to look like a miniature version of him?”
Sesshomaru suppressed his anger, “That-is-not-the-case.” The tailor laughed and patted him on the head, “Okay, okay, don't blow your top.”
 
He pulled out a package from inside his desk and opened it. “I'm gonna need that shirt you have around your waist, but don't worry I have some pants to lend you.” The tailor pulled out a green pair of pants and handed it to Sesshomaru, “We can't have you walk'n around in the nude now can we?”
“How long before my outfit is ready?” Sesshomaru asked, slipping into the pants. The tailor thought for a moment, “Oooh, I think about...five hours.”
“What! I don't have five hours to waste!”
“Okay, okay. I can see you're in a hurry so this is what I'll do, I'll go get my daughters to help me, that way it'll take only two hours.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded and placed his shirt on the desk, “Okay that seems reasonable, but I suppose you want me to pay extra?” The tailor nodded. “Of course,” Sesshomaru replied throwing some gold coins his way. “By the way...where's your mommy?”
Jaken and Rin snickered and Sesshomaru growled, “She's not here at the moment.” The tailor laughed and once again patted the young Tai-yokai on the head, “Okay, run along now and I'll make your clothes.”
 
“Let's go, I really need a drink,” Sesshomaru said, walking out of the large hut. Rin thanked the tailor for her master and ran outside to join him.
 
THE TAVERN
The three companions sat at a table in the far end of the tavern, and almost instantly a woman came. “Ohanyo, how may I help you?” Rin and Jaken both turned to Sesshomaru, who had his head rested on the table. Sesshomaru sighed, “Order anything you want, I don't give a damn.”
Rin shrugged, “Salmon rolls and rice please.” Jaken shrugged as well, “Same, oh and some green tea.”
 
The lady nodded and looked down at Sesshomaru, “Son?” Sesshomaru only looked up for an instant to say, “The biggest, and the best bottle of sake you have.”
The woman's eyes widened, “We don't sell sake to minors kid,”
“Why the hell not?”
“It's just tavern policy, you have to be at least fourteen.” Sesshomaru was beginning to get annoyed, “Look, I've had a rough morning all I want is a drink, is that too much to ask?”
 
The woman bit on her lower lip and turned around, “I'll go talk to the bartender.” Jaken tapped his master on the shoulder, “It looks like you'll have a bit of a problem.” Sesshomaru straightened up in his seat and rubbed his neck, “I'll take care of it.”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
“Um boss...that kid down there wants sake.”
The bartender shrugged, “Relax, I'll water it down so much that he could drink gallons of it and not feel a thing.”
The hostess shook her head, “I really don't think that's a good idea. I think that kid's a yokai.”
“Your point is? Look, that kid is so small he couldn't even kill a rat. Don't worry about it.”
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Nervously, the waitress placed the food down on Sesshomaru's table and put the large bottle of sake in front of him. “Enjoy.” Then she sped walked out of there.
“Strange lady,” Rin said popping a salmon roll in her mouth. Jaken nodded, “Indeed.” Sesshomaru pulled the cork out of his bottle and began drinking the liquor. But on his third gulp he spat it out and gagged. “That's awful! It has no bloody taste!”
 
“Those men did say that the bartender always waters down his sake,” Rin said scooping some rice into her mouth. Sesshomaru slammed his palms on the table and started to shake, he seemed really angry. He took in a deep breath and slowly got up from the table, “I'll go have a word with him.”
As he walked toward the bartender he gave a big smile, “Oh bartender, may I have a word with you outside?”
Jaken gulped and turned to the wall, “That man is really going to get it now.”
 
3 MINUTES LATER
 
Everyone was now huddled in a dark corner of the tavern, the bartender, who now had a large scratch mark on his face, trembled when he put down Sesshomaru's bottle of sake. “H-here y-you go, I haven't touched this bottle, it's not watered down and it's the best kind we have. And you can forget about paying, i-it's on the house.”
He gave a small bow and ran out of there like a bat out of hell. “Sesshomaru-sama...what in the world did you do?” Rin asked.
 
Sesshomaru laid back in his seat and raised the bottle to his lips. “Showed him my true form.” As he drank his sake, a large smile crept across his face.
 
Ha! He may be a kid but he can really negotiate lol! Stayed tuned for my next chapter! Adious!