InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Something More ❯ Eccentric Magic ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Something More
HKF
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, except the instructor from the first chapter, and she doesn't even have a name.
 
Well, here's Chapter 2. We will probably meet the arrogant hanyou (unless I fall asleep at the keyboard. Too much exercise and too little sleep is NOT a good combination)Enjoy (and review, if at all possible, so that I can cry tears of joy)
 
Listening to: Fleetwood Mac, Boston, The Cars, Will Smith…etc.
Anyway…here it is.
 
LAST TIME: Kagome was standing at the door, waiting for the visitor to reveal the reason why he/she came.
 
A strong soprano voice answered, saying, “Hi, my name is Sango and I was wondering if you would mind showing me around and stuff because I'm new here and all the other girls are really bitchy, but you seemed nice when I saw you at dinner last night so maybe we could be friends or whatever.” Her voice, while in a neutral tone, seemed to defy her to say no.
 
Kagome drew back the bolt and pulled open the door, smiling hesitantly at the well-toned, tall, black haired woman who was standing there. She felt a sudden surge of empathy for this girl, who looked to be a year or so older than herself, and invited her in with a wave of her hand.
 
She closed the door again and was turning to introduce herself properly when she saw that elusive shadow yet again. This time it ducked behind her wardrobe. Before she could say anything, Sango, having apparently seen it too, had dashed behind the wardrobe, returning only slightly dusty and hauling a black haired, violet-eyed, guy by the ankle.
 
“Who the hell are you?” Kagome heard herself say.
 
“You don't have to be so snappish you know,” the man said dryly as he stood up. “I am here to help you after all.” Kagome was about to apologize when she spotted the man inching stealthily up to Sango. Before either of them could protest, he had placed his hand directly on her butt, beaming happily at her and professing his apparent love (or lust) for her with these words. “Dear beautiful lady, would you make me the happiest man in the world and bear my children?”
 
He looked at her with an open, earnest expression for a few nanoseconds more before Sango recovered from her initial shock and slapped him across the face with a resounding `smack' that Kagome was sure could be heard by anyone in the proximity of the castle.
 
The man didn't seem at all daunted though, merely cradling his cheek in his hand and saying, “Very well, then. It seems that I will have to work to earn my fair lady's heart. Unless, of course…” His gaze shifted to Kagome but before he could utter another word she raised one eyebrow (A/N: I've always wanted to be able to raise only one eyebrow like that) nearly to her hairline with a stoic expression that just dared him to even try.
 
Getting the message, he cleared his throat in an appeasing way and said, `In response to your previous question, my name is Miroku Houshi, and I am here to rescue you lovely damsels in distress,” he finished with a dramatic flourish of his arms.
 
“In case you hadn't noticed, we aren't in distress at all, and most certainly don't need `rescuing',” a still fuming Sango informed him. “We get along perfectly well in this ugly, oppressive excuse for a palace…” she trailed off and looked over to see Miroku's smug expression.
 
“So you do need my help,” he countered. “Here, let me show you.”
 
He walked over to the stone wall and glowered at it angrily, as though it was offending him. Kagome and Sango met each others eyes and both had to refrain from giggling hysterically.
 
When they looked back towards Miroku, however, they were shocked to find that a large space in the wall had cleared to form a vast window. As they watched, slack-jawed, this window turned blurry, and shapes seemed to be shifting somewhere behind the curtain of mist. Miroku began murmuring inaudibly and closed his eyes in concentration.
 
Kagome took this chance to survey him more meticulously. He was moderately tall for a male, maybe a smidgen under six feet, with his shoulder-length hair pulled back into a small ponytail at the nape of his slender neck. His face had a strong, yet genial look, and Kagome found herself inexplicably trusting this strange, robed man.
 
As she digested this, she came to realize that the window had solidified and was showing what looked to be a classroom setting. There was a bunch of boys, and even a few girls, all about her age, or maybe a bit older. The vision abruptly zoomed in and to the left, where they saw Miroku gazing intently into a shiny, silvery bowl or…something. Then they could suddenly see into the bowl too, and it was showing themselves at that very moment. The real Miroku suddenly snapped his fingers and the window shattered, the glass vanishing before it hit the ground.
 
“So you see,” he continued, “I've been watching you for some time now.” (Kagome decided not to ask him which parts of them he had been watching). “And I happened to notice that of all the inhabitants of the castle, you two were best endowed- erm, I mean least content. You both seemed to generally want something more from your lives. So I'm taking you to where I live. If you don't like it there, I will take you back…eventually. I'll give you five minutes to pack. Starting…now,” he said with a pleasant, yet commanding expression on his face, as he looked at some dark, glossy bracelet-thing on his wrist.
 
Without exchanging a word, the girls dashed over to their respective rooms to gather their stuff. Kagome gathered her essentials and finished packing within two minutes. She and Miroku stood uncomfortably (for her part, anyway) and waited for Sango to reappear. A minute later, she arrived back at Kagome's room, looking rather flustered, clutching a bag in one hand and a blue pillow in the other. What caught Kagome's attention, though, was a giant, white…thing strapped to her back.
 
Kagome opened and shut her mouth a few times before finally voicing her question. “Uhh, Sango? What is that…” she trailed off uncertainly, not even finding a convenient word to describe it.
 
“It's a boomerang,” she replied, grinning mischievously, “And before you can ask, Miroku, I am capable of using it. Quite efficiently too.” she finished suggestively.
 
“Well then, if you say so. Let's be off then,” Miroku proclaimed, his face a little red from the threat that Sango was insinuating.
 
He turned swiftly on his heel and marched over to the wall that the picture widow had appeared on. Without hesitation, he walked directly up to it and …disappeared through it.
 
 
Love ya lots!!!
PLEASE PLEASE review. It would make my day. Or even my week. Month. I don't know.
Adios.