InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Something More ❯ Ungraceful Entrance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Listening to: country music!!!!
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing…as of now :D
 
As you leave a review (hint, hint- REVIEW!!!), feel free to tell me where your happy place is. Mine is at the beach, sometimes in the water on a surfboard, and sometimes lying on a towel in the sand.
I always wonder where everyone else's happy places are, but unfortunately, in yoga classes (which I only take occasionally, because my coach told me they're good for strengthening for rowing) they don't ask other people to say where their happy places are, so I'm left to wonder… So where is your happy place?
 
Without further ado.
 
LAST TIME: Miroku walked through the portal and disappeared through it.
 
 
Sango took a deep breath and resolutely followed him a few seconds later. Kagome suddenly found herself alone, and rather nervous too. She wanted to escape from this life so badly, though, so she closed her eyes, found her `happy place', and began walking sedately towards the solid stone wall.
 
She had just begun to feel a small shred of her usual confidence return and was walking along more calmly, when her foot met with the corner of her rug and she fell flat on her face, hard. No more questing ahead blindly, she told herself, pushing herself up dazedly and again pacing towards the wall. She reached it and- after an uncomfortable `being-squeezed-through-a-tube-of-toothpaste' moment- stepped through.
 
For a moment, she thought she had gone blind. Images of canes and seeing-eye dogs floated through her discombobulated brain, but before they could take form, she was through, feeling her pupils shrink to normal size once again.
 
The first sight that greeted her was Miroku and Sango rolling around on the ground and snorting with laughter. She could only assume that they had witnessed that rather humiliating incident. She dropped her heavy bag and put her hands on her hips, ready to berate them thoroughly, when she noticed the third occupant of the room, who was sprawling contentedly in a chair.
 
He didn't look quite…human somehow, but after a few perplexed moments she decided to assume he was just a normal guy. But still… he had shockingly white hair that reached halfway down his back, and was wearing a bright red …something. She wasn't sure exactly what that shirt-and-pants ensemble was.
 
His eyes, though- they were mesmerizing. Pure gold irises, which were softened in his amusement at her expense, but soon turned sharp and calculating as they roamed over her. She snapped her mouth shut, realizing that she had probably been sporting an incredibly vacant expression while staring unabashedly at his masculine glory.
 
She was brought back to earth- Or wherever I am, she reminded herself- by none other than Miroku, who had apparently collected himself enough to make coherent sentences.
 
“Ah, Kagome, this is Inuyasha; Inuyasha, Kagome.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes met hers for the first time, and she froze, feeling rather like a deer in the carriage-lights (A/N-there are no cars back then, so no headlights either…). Miroku kept talking, seeming to be unaware of the tension between the two.
 
“She'll be in your room tonight, Inuyasha,” he announced composedly.
 
The carriage-lights were abruptly switched off as Inuyasha blinked, then jumped up and turned on Miroku, glaring fiercely and hissing something heatedly at him, to which Miroku replied with and equally vehement remark. As they argued, Kagome looked Inuyasha over again.
 
He was several inches taller than Miroku, maybe 6'3”, or even 6'4”, and built with a kind of muscular grace, rather catlike. She blinked.
 
Had she just seen ears on the top of his head? No… she had simply had a stressful day.
 
As she was processing this, Inuyasha turned irritably towards her and, grabbing her wrist, pulled her forcefully out of the room. It was either walk, or be dragged. She walked.
 
“Where are we going?” she inquired in the mildest tone she could manage in her present state of near-hysteria.
 
He graced her with a fleeting glance before saying impatiently, “You heard Miroku. We've got to hide you for… a while. Just until we get everything sorted out, anyway.”
 
He increased his already rapid pace, still towing her behind him.
 
“Someone's coming,” he remarked in a seemingly unruffled voice. His eyes seemed worried though. A thought struck her; could he actually be concerned for her safety?
 
Short update, I know, but I need my beauty rest...
I have about 5 more chapters written in my notebook, I just need time to get them written down on here.
 
Please offer up any insights you have for my story.
 
Suggestions? Feel free to criticize (nicely). Hehe-that's kind of an oxymoron.
 
I understand that you have limited free time, though. Please review if you can. I live off of reviews; they are “The food of my soul,” as the wise Spongebob once said
 
Love ya!
HKF