InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Something More ❯ Humiliating Encounter ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next chappie, as promised. Oh, the sacrifices I make for the sakes of ye who read this. (actually it was written on the computer already.
 
Many, many thanks to devils angel 115 , my first (AND ONLY) reviewer. Hint, hint.
 
I'm in a brilliantly good mood right now. Hopefully this will reflect into my writing…
 
LAST TIME: Inuyasha hears someone coming down the hall. He doesn't know who it is, so he looks worried for her, or so Kagome hopes.
 
 
She shook it off as wistful thinking, and glanced over at Inuyasha. He looked incredibly alert and tense. She wondered idly if he was human.
 
“They're coming fast,” he muttered, apparently to himself, “We won't make it to the dorm before them. I could carry her…” His face took on a calculating look.
 
He stopped abruptly, causing her to slam into him, and opened a door on their right, pulling her in sharply after him. He shut the door.
 
It was almost pitch. As Kagome's eyes adjusted, however, she found that she could almost see faint outlines, due to the light seeping through the cracks in the door. She whirled around to face what she thought was Inuyasha.
 
“What are we doing here? Is this your room?! Why aren't there any windows or torches or anything?” but before she could inquire further, a hand swiftly clapped over her mouth. She didn't stop to consider whether it could be Inuyasha, she just acted on her first instinct.
 
She simultaneously flailed her arm out in a desperate attempt to maul her attacker, and licked the hand covering her mouth. Both tongue and fist connected with flesh, and the hand on her mouth was instantly released.
 
But before she could free herself by leaping out of the tiny room, she was jerked roughly back away from the doorknob and freedom, then drawn into a toned chest, with two arms wrapped securely around her, pinning her arms to her sides- painfully securely.
 
“Shut up, bitch,” whispered a low voice just next to her ear, “Are you trying to get yourself killed?”
 
She squirmed a little in his grasp. “That tickles my neck,” she informed him. “And I am not a bitch! My name is KA-GO-ME HI-GUR-…” she was abruptly cut off as his hand clamped over her mouth yet again. She signed, resigned to her fate.
 
Can't you tell that someone's coming, baka? Shut the hell up!” he commanded angrily. She stopped struggling, feeling hurt and ashamed. She could indeed hear footsteps approaching, though.
 
Suddenly she heard a familiar voice just outside the door. “Where in the world are they? Unless they flew or something, they couldn't have made it this far so quickly. Are you sure her didn't kill her and drag her into this so called `stor-age clo-set',” Sango finished slowly, sounding out the unfamiliar syllables, although her voice was still laced with suspicion.
 
“Inuyasha would never do that, dear Sango,” said another voice she recognized as Miroku's. “But, erm, just for the heck of it, I'll check anyway.”
 
Kagome was abruptly blinded as the door opened and light came flooding in. Blinking rapidly to try and restore her sight, she smiled up at Miroku and Sango, before turning to glare malevolently at Inuyasha, who had released his hold on her as soon as the door began opening.
 
She blushed furiously and brought a hand up to her mouth, realizing what it must have looked like to them. Before she could muster up an excuse, though, Miroku was pushing her bag -which she had apparently left in the other room- into her arms, and walking away with Sango in tow.
 
“Come on now, Sango my dear. I must get you settled before bedtime. Goodbye you lovebirds.” He called out cheerfully.
 
Neither Kagome nor Inuyasha could think of a reply to this, they merely stood mutely, watching the other two disappear from their sight.
 
Kagome saw Sango mouth the words, “Save me!” before they rounded a corner and were gone.
 
“Er… shall we continue,” Inuyasha said in what he hoped was an offhand voice.
 
“Yes,” Kagome said snippily, “and since you're the one who dragged me off and made me forget my bag in the first place, you can carry it.' She said triumphantly (it was very heavy after all).
 
“And before you can argue,” she continued in a dangerous tone, leaning in and rising up on her tiptoes to get closer to his face. His breath was caressing her face due to their close proximity, and her heart feel like it was beating its way out of her chest, but she forced herself to maintain her tirade. “I'll have you know that if you refuse, I will yell at the top of my lungs and let the whole place know I'm here, since you seem to think I must be kept `a secret' from everyone. Do I make myself clear?” she finished, raising her voice commandingly.
 
“Keh,” he scoffed. “I'll have you know that I was planning on taking it anyway, out of the goodness of my heart.” He bent over and picked up her bag like it weighed nothing. “Let's go already.”
 
They set off again down the stone corridor. It had so many stairways and turns that Kagome was lost in a matter of minutes. She remembered Miroku's voice saying that Inuyasha wouldn't kill her…probably. She hoped fervently that her had been joking, because she had no clue how she would get away from Inuyasha if he did turn on her.
 
Right when she believed the Inuyasha might be leading her to the dungeons and her imminent doom, he stopped in front of a door with the letters `9-14-21' carved roughly into it. Before she could ask what it meant, he was `ushering' her inside- i.e., shoving her. And thus it was she got her first look at his…room. As her wide eyes roved the sea of clothes, pieces of wood, and other unidentifiable bit of stuff, she wondered idly if this world she was in recently had some sort of catastrophe hit it- a hurricane, perhaps.
 
“Well, I know why I'm here now,” she said sarcastically, “Apparently I'm the angel who is going to bring you salvation and rescue you from this dark pit of hell. Or maybe I'm just the maid,” she said, looking over at him suspiciously.
 
“Or a bedwarmer. That could be arranged, you know,” he grinned, raising an eyebrow suggestively. But before she could viciously maul him, he held up his hands in a placating gesture. “Actually, I have no idea why Houshi brought you here. Maybe you two are his next concubines… just kidding!” he amended hurriedly, seeing her murderous face. (A/N- concubine is an ancient Chinese word for a whore, though it was though of as a more normal job, back then.) “You two were probably brought here because he thought you were hot, or something.”
 
She snorted ungracefully, and was about to make a cynical retort when he interrupted, holding up a long-fingered hand and saying, “As much as I would love staying here and arguing to no end, I have a class to get to before I am kicked out for being late. Enjoy yourself.”
 
He turned on his heel and walked haughtily to the door, shoving it shut behind him and locking it.
 
Once she was sure he was out of earshot, she muttered in reply, “Oh I will…”
 
 
 
Yes, the numbers on Inuyasha's door may have some significance later in the story. I'm not sure yet though…
I saw Date Movie with a bunch of my friends, and I must say that it was completely hilarious. It almost had a plot-line, too. Worth seeing at least once. Don't see it with your family though, they wouldn't understand- unless they're really perverted. I went with about 7 guys and one girl, so we were laughing our heads off the whole time, even during this one incredibly gross part where I closed my eyes in disgust and tried not to barf… All in all, it was very amusing, though.
 
FYI- THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER I HAVE WRITTEN ON THE COMPUTER. I'VE HAD 180 VISITS TO THE STORY, BUT ONLY ONE REVIEW.
I'LL NEED SOME ENCOURAGEMENT IF I'M TO GET A CHAPTER OUT TO YOU GUYS WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.
P.S. -I'm not mad at all, I just had to put that in caps lock so that people would actually read it.)
 
Thank you for your time ^^
HKF