InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Spiritual Machines ❯ Right Behind You ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Spiritual Machines
Chapter Five: Right Behind You (Mafia)
By Katie Stenning
 
A/N : Okay first of all….
 
GOMEN NASAI!!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!! I haven't updated in forever TT_TT
I promise I'll try and update sooner!
I had a …shall we say MAJOR writers block?
But I'm okay now ^.^
On with the show.
 
We left off with….
“Kagome?” he said softly.
 
“Yeah?” she whispered, too tired to speak normally.
 
“You're nothing like Kikyou.”
 
And with that, he held her a little tighter, and drifted off to sleep
 
~
 
You haven't seen the world
Outside for days
You sleep you hope
You wait
 
Kagome slowly woke, not bothering to open her eyes. She was so … warm, and peaceful. She never wanted to leave. But there was still a pain in her heart that refused to let her be, forcing Kagome to go back to cold, lonely reality. Having her soul rummaged through was not something that she could possible forget so easily, no matter how much she wanted to block it out.
Twitching her eyes open slightly, she discovered with a rush of happiness why she was so comfortable. The still-sleeping Inuyasha had his head resting on hers, with his arm wrapped protectively around her waist, holding her tight. Flushing with pleasure, she looked back on the previous day with her stomach swooping.
“Two kisses…in just one day…” she thought wondrously, but tried in vain not to get her hopes up.
“I'm probably just a distraction…so he can hurt me when he's ready to waltz off back to Kikyou…”
But upon thinking that, Kagome quickly scolded herself. Just what had he done, anyway? He was the one who had been pinned to a tree, betrayed: the trapped, not the trapper. Inuyasha had rarely showed her more-than-friendly feelings until yesterday, so he wasn't exactly a two-timer…but somehow he always managed to tug at her heartstrings.
Sighing, she watched with fascination as Inuyasha's ears twitched. Unable to resist, she reached up to stroke one gently, making it swivel even faster.
Chuckling, her eyes fell upon the hanyou's face. He looked so tired…but it could just be because it was so rare for her to see him sleep at all. But those circles under his eyes, the paleness of his skin…Kagome couldn't help but worry, although she knew he would never get sick. The only time he occasionally needed care was when he was injured, and was only badly hurt when he got distracted, or was protecting someone. It made her guiltily happy to know that most of the time, Kagome was the guarded.
 
Imagination disappears
And all the dreams you have
You save
 
Sensing movement next to her, she turned around, to find herself locked in Inuyasha's amber gaze. Transfixed, it was several moments before Inuyasha turned away, reddening, and Kagome awkwardly tried to break the silence.
“Um…good morning! Heh-heh…”
“Keh.” He said, still looking away.
Pulling her roughly to her feet, he leaned forward to allow Kagome to climb on his back.
“Ready to go?” he said shortly.
“Yes! Where to?”
“North.”
And with that, he sped off.
A little later, Kagome finally asked.
“Why are we going North anyway?”
“…some old geezer in Kanna's mirror…”
Kagome was blown away.
“YOU of all people, are going to TRUST something you saw in Kanna's mirror?!?!”
“Baka! It wasn't like that!” he argued, and went on to explain his encounter with the old man.
“…so if it's a trap, I can take him, and if not, then…any port in a storm. Whatever.”
“Sounds good I suppose!” Kagome replied, rather shocked at the obvious thought he had put into the idea.
“But, how do you know which way north is?”
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “You're the one always calling me a dog…” he said, wiggling his nose.
As they sped onwards, Kagome wondered what kind of help this man could really be.
“Hey, Inuyasha…what can this guy do for us anyway?” she asked, speaking loudly over the wind.
“Home am I supposed to know?” he called back. “Never said.”
 
Confrontation
Like a mirror
They try to take your mind
Away
 
The setting sun found Kagome and Inuyasha (walking now) becoming more and more aware of how impossible their “quest” was. It was evident that they wouldn't be finding the place anytime soon, and details were getting easier to miss as the golden twilight slowly faded.
Inuyasha's mood was getting fouler by the minute, and Kagome couldn't say she was the happiest she'd ever been either.
“Damn geezer!” the Hanyou grumbled. “Could've told us how to find the bloody place!”
Kagome sighed, but Inuyasha paid no attention. His hand was tight on Tetsusaiga's hilt, and his ears and eyes were swiveling in all directions.
“Youkai!” he growled, his eyes flashing as they searched the darkness.
“Prepare yourself Kagome!” he yelled as the spider youkai crashed through the trees.
As Inuyasha charged, Kagome shrieked, “INUYASHA! Be careful, it's got three shards!”
Nodding, Inuyasha finally drew Tetsusaiga, taking a mighty swing only to have a spray of web snatch the blade from his grasp.
“Shit!”
A second spray of web caught Inuyasha's hands, stopping him from moving.
Struggling, he winced as the web cut into his flesh.
“Damn! It's a poison youkai!”
Kagome notched an arrow in place, attempting to draw it away from Inuyasha so he could escape.
Whispering a prayer, she shot the purifying arrow straight at the demon, expecting it to find its mark.
But when dealing with the Shikon no Tama, things rarely go according to plan. Laced with good and bad intentions, regrets and wishes, the shards never grant what the desperate fools who use them want in the right way. Kagome expected the spider demon to be hit, to be injured.
She did not expect it to catch her arrow, making the fierce pink glow fade and then disappear altogether.
 
I don't know but I believe
In yesterday
And what it means to bleed
And know that you're okay
 
And no one expected the demon to throw it back to her at a deadly speed.
Inuyasha, frozen in terror, could only stare, hope for a miracle, beg the Kami to turn this into another horrible nightmare, as the sharp point shattered ribs, penetrated flesh, and buried itself in Kagome's sweet sweet heart.
A swift look of surprised dismay passed over her face as she looked at Inuyasha in fear.
“Inuyasha…” she said in a pained cry, then fell slowly to the ground, always graceful.
Her hair fanning around her face, her chest failing to rise, the crimson that stained her clean uniform…Inuyasha saw it all.
“Ka…go…me…” he whispered, choking on the name.
“KAGOME!!!” he screamed, going into a wild frenzy of escaping the web that had built up around him.
Inuyasha didn't feel the burn as the web's acid tried to eat through his skin. He didn't feel the pain when he accidentally clawed his shoulder, ripping through the tendons.
“HIJINKETSOU! (gomen for spelling! =^.^=)” he yelled hoarsely, landing hard and awkwardly on the ground as the webs ties finally snapped.
Staggering to his feet, he ran frantically to get to Kagome. Unfortunately, he forgot about the youkai.
Thoroughly amused by the hanyou's antics, he sent another thick spiral of corrosive web flying at him, twisting it's way into Inuyasha's back, and out the other side.
Screaming, Inuyasha ran forward to try and escape it.
Collapsing on the ground, he inched towards Kagome, pushing against the loose rocks and grass with his feet, groping for the handholds with his clawed fingers, trying to ignore the waves of pain that came from his stomach every time he moved.
The spider youkai, content with it's havoc, withdrew it's web and lumbered away into the woods.
 
Are you waiting?
No matter what you say
No matter what you do
No matter what you say
I'm right there behind you
 
Finally reaching Kagome, Inuyasha could only get close enough to grab her still-warm hand, grief consuming him.
“Kagome…forgive me…” he choked out before the blackness overtook him.
The second before he passed out, Inuyasha thought he saw a pink glow surround Kagome's body. He could've sworn she was smiling.
~
Kagome opened her eyes with a start. Fully energized and aware, she sat up quickly, confused and slightly afraid
Feeling the resistance when she lifted her hand, she looked beside her to see Inuyasha lying unconscious and bleeding, his face ashen and his eyes closed.
A cry escaping her lips, she rushed to check his vital signs, much relieved when they were strong and steady.
But how did all of this happen? Seeing a strand of web hanging from a nearby tree triggered the hidden memories.
“The spider youkai…”
The memory of the arrow speeding towards he, the pain as it found it's mark…
“Then how am I alive?”
But the sight of Inuyasha made her force the thought from her mind.
Perplexed and anxious, Kagome had no idea what do to. There was no water to wash the blood off him with…she needed to find a stream.
Taking a deep breath, she tried to lift him. Quickly realizing that tugging on his arm wasn't going to achieve the desired results, she backtracked to think things through.
Putting one arm under his knees, and the other halfway down his back, Kagome pushed up as hard as she could.
When she finally did have him in the air, she staggered off in a random direction, her arm and back muscles screaming in protest.
After forty-five minutes of agony, she sound of running water finally reached her ears. With renewed strength, she climbed to the top of a grassy hill, where Kagome found a clear stream running across the top.
Setting Inuyasha down, she began her second task; washing and dressing his many injuries.
The more the worked, the more miserable Kagome became.
Every scrape, burn, or cute she found made her feel sick with guilt. Upon discovering the hole in his stomach, she burst into tears.
Sobbing, Kagome replaced his haori to keep him warm, and curling up next to him, fell into an exhausted sleep.
 
No matter what you say
No matter what you do
No matter what I'm always
Right there behind you
 
Inuyasha was having strange dreams. He was back at the time when Kikyou had sealed him, and again the cursed darkness was settling over him, but instead of calling his sealers name, he whispered,
“Kagome…”
Time skipped forward. Inuyasha, although still pinned to the tree, was awakened. When Kagome came, she instantly recognized him and set him free. Inuyasha destroyed Lady Centipede, and was then properly greeted by Kagome, who threw her arms around him happily saying “It's been so long! I thought you'd died!”
With another leap through time, Inuyasha was standing in the village, having just attacked it. There was fire everywhere. He suddenly heard a voice above the crackling flames.
“Inuyasha! Are you alright?” said Kagome, standing behind him.
“Kagome you have to leave! It's too dangerous, you'll die! He said frantically.
“But I want to stay with you!” she replied, smiling up at him, so innocent, so perfect…but before he could say anything more, she was pinned to the ground by a burning piece of wood, which spread to her clothes and hair.
“Inuyasha! Help me!” she screamed, terrified, but he was paralyzed, only able to stand there and watch her die.
“Kagome!” he cried out in anguish as the flames consumed her. “I'm sorry…”
Inuyasha woke up with images of her burning body still imprinted on his eyes.
“Kagome!” he burst out, shaking, his eyes, jammed shut. He heard movement nearby, along with a voice saying, “Inuyasha! Thank god you're awake! How do you feel?”
His entire was burning, and he couldn't move without making the pain worse still.
“Kagome…” he groaned softly, barely conscious, but still hanging on.
“I'm right here…shh, it's alright.” He felt strangely soothed as a warm hand wiped his sweaty forehead with a cool cloth.
“What happened?”
“There was a spider youkai…you just got a little banged up, that's all. You'll be fine in time.” But Inuyasha could smell the tears falling.
“How bad?” he wondered out loud, slowly opening his eyes to see Kagome leaning over him, looking worried sick as tears ran down her face.
“You shouldn't cry…it's not like this is the first time I've got hurt, baka…”
Kagome sniffed, reaching out to grab his hand, squeezing it like the world would end.
Inuyasha sat up (with difficulty) and pulled her into a back-breaking embrace, giving them both the comfort they needed.
She sighed into his shoulder, and he wordlessly held her closer.
Gazing aimlessly over her head, fingers buried in her soft hair, Inuyasha drew a sharp intake of breath.
“What is it? Is something wrong?” asked Kagome, quickly concerned.
“No…that bastard!” he said, almost amused.
“Huh?”
“Look.”
Just peeking over the treetops was a small building, a shrine by the looks of it, with a large, magnificent sun carved into the wall.
“That must be it!” said Kagome excitedly.
“Yep.”
With Inuyasha leaning slightly on Kagome, they slowly made their way down the hill towards the shrine.
Knocking on the door, they took in their surroundings.
The building was huge. It had a gate similar to the one at the top of the steps at Kagome's house. Kagome could see steam rising from behind the main house, implying that there was either a bathhouse or a hot spring.
“Yay!” she squeaked, but before Inuyasha could question her joy, the door was pulled open, and there they saw the same old man that had visited Inuyasha in Kanna's mirror.
 
Bombarded by the
Atmosphere
You breathe, you choke, you breathe
Again
 
“Greetings Inuyasha-sama and Kagome-sama! I'm so happy you have found us!”
He ushered them inside, bringing them to a small room where a meal was set out.
Upon seating his guests, the man finally revealed some of his mysteries.
“My name is Genshin Soyokumi. I apologize for my brief explanation, but there was little time. I have, like many others, heard of your quest against Naraku. I believe the training we offer may benefit you greatly.
Happily taking a bite of a riceball, Kagome asked, “What kind of training is it, anyway?”
“Ah! I was hoping you'd ask! You see…many warriors are out in the world today. They have many ranges of strengths, but tend to only focus on one. Mostly there are men of incredible fighting skill, who never bothered to train his mind. The vice-versa also occurs.
“When you link the two, mind and body, even greater levels of force are achievable. However, there are difficulties.
“To connect your body and soul, you must have a complete spirit. It must have all the abilities that you, as a person, need to survive. If you lack in these qualities, it will never happen.
“That is what we do. We assist youkai and humans such as yourselves in completion, and further strength. I do hope that you will take the time.”
Inuyasha slurped his tea, absorbing all this. It sounded like a load of crap to him, but if it would help them with Naraku…
Soyokumi clapped his hands together and smiled.
“Enough of that! You are tired, and injured. Would you like to stay here? You're welcome to rest as long as you'd like.”
Kagome's eyes sparkled.
“That would be great! Thank you so much, Genshin-sama!”
 
Conversation disappears
You realize they're not
Your friends
 
A fire burned in the middle of the room. Two beds were laid beside it, but of course Inuyasha's was left untouched, the Hanyou preferring to lean against the wall with one eye open, keeping a look out as Kagome lay snuggled in the blankets, not sleeping yet, but drowsy.
“Inuyasha?” the sleepy girl asked.
“Mmm?”
“Do you think we'll do his training?”
“Keh…it sounds like bullshit to me.”
“Oh…”
Noting the disappointment in her tone and striving to make it disappear, Inuyasha quickly added on to his cynical remark.
“But since you got hurt during that spider youkai battle, we may as well stay until you regain your strength…and if you REALLY want to, you can do the damn training…”
A warm glow spread through Kagome's heart, because she understood what he really mean. He hid it under rude words, but all she heard was,
“We'll stay Kagome…for you.”
She wanted to get up and give him a hug, but in her drowsiness all she did was a sideways flop.
Into the fire.
 
The panic of the future rears
You dig, you jerk
You find another way.
 
Letting out a choked scream, she rolled quickly out of the flames, but her clothes were already burning, leaving her terrified, frozen on the wooden floor.
“Kagome!” she heard, and mad footsteps rushing towards her. She felt clawed hands patting the fire out, hard enough to smother the flames, yet mindful of her tender skin.
Although her arm and side continued to sting, she knew the fire was now out, and she was safe once more.
“Inu…yasha?” she said softly, looking up at her savior.
“You okay?” he said persistently, clearly worried.
Throwing herself at him, she cried,
“Thank you…I don't know what I'd do without you around…”
Inuyasha, cheeks flushed, managed to stutter out,
“P-probably fall into fires and off cliffs. Clumsy baka…”
“Mmhmm.” She said, snuggled into his chest.
Shuffling slightly, Kagome winced as her sore skin stretched.
“Oi. Don't you have cream for that?”
“Yeah…I should probably put some on…”
With a sigh, Inuyasha dumped her off his lap to go rummage through her bursting backpack.
“Don't bother, I got it…”
Finally finding the bottle of cooling cream, Inuyasha plodded back to where Kagome was sitting (far away from the fire!).
When she reached for the bottle, he merely shook his head and held it out of her reach, before squeezing some onto his hand.
“So where did you get burned?”
“Um…my side…and my arm. I think that's it.”
“'Kay…”
His cheeks stained again, he carefully lifted her shirt slightly to get access to the reddened, raw skin.
Kagome tried to keep from gasping when the cream came into contact. That stuff stung! Of course, her shivers had nothing to do with the fact that Inuyasha's hands were all over her stomach…
When he finished treating her burns, an awkward silence lay heavy between the two.
Inuyasha cleared his throat.
 
I don't know
But I believe in yesterday
And what it means to bleed
And know that you're okay.
 
“Keh! You should go to bed. Otherwise you get cranky and loud and…”
“Point taken.” Said Kagome in false-pout mode as she made to drag her blankets farther away from the fire.
Struck by sudden courage, Kagome shyly said,
“Inuyasha…it's kind of cold away from the fire…”
Looking away sadly, she was the picture of grief. Ears back and cheeks fiery, Inuyasha inched closer to her.
Wrapping his haori around her and pulling her onto his lap, he whispered, “Warmer now?”
Dazed, lots in the amber glow that filled her eyes, Kagome vaguely said,
“Yes, much…”
So close their foreheads were touching, neither dared to breathe nor make a move.
“Ka…go…me…” Inuyasha breathed out, his breath fanning Kagome's cheeks.
She couldn't take it. She kissed him. After a long moment, she pulled away, not opening her eyes.
“Inu-“ she started to say, but was cut off by the Hanyou coming back for more.
Oh, how she loved the way he held her hair in his hand, his gentleness, his endearing shyness…there was nowhere she would rather be than in his arms, living this moment over and over again…
The feeling of Kagome's lips on his was enough for Inuyasha to live on for along time, yet they always left him hungry, wanting more, needing more…some might call it “just a simple kiss” but she was healing him, strengthening him, purifying him…there was no way he would, or could, ever let this miracle, his Kagome be endangered…
As they fell apart, Kagome wrapped securely in Inuyasha's arms, both were eternally grateful to the other for either making or taking the hint.
 
Are you waiting?
No matter what you say
No matter what you do
 
“So! You WILL take my training! I'm so happy. Now, we'll need to do this one at a time, so Kagome-sama, if you'll come with me, and Inuyasha-sama will go second! The time varies, so I'll have someone send food down if you're hungry…”
Soyokumi had knocked politely on the door early that morning, and neither the miko or the Hanyou were completely awake; only awake enough to be absolutely baffled by Soyokumi's apparent never-ending supply of bubbling energy.
“Oi. Why does it have to be one at a time?” grumbled Inuyasha suspiciously.
“Would you two like to completely open your souls to each other, or more like, are you ready to?”
Seeing the blushes, each mirroring the other's face, Soyokumi laughed and continued.
“I though so. It's just all rather awkward, isn't it? One at a time it is!”
And with that, Soyokumi led a yawning Kagome away, leaving Inuyasha to stumble back to the room they'd spent the night in, and go back to sleep.
~
Soyokumi and Kagome sat in a small hut, facing each other cross-legged.
“Now this process…is rather lengthy. And difficult. Are you fully willing?”
A little uncertain, Kagome said in a small voice,
“I think so…”
He smiled. “Your heart is ready. I can see it.”
Kagome grinned too, reassured.
“Now! Firstly, meditation. You are familiar with it?”
“Yes. Very.” Agreed Kagome, finally grateful for the grueling hours of concentration that Kaede had put her through.
“Now, I k now how this sounds, but first let me explain. We are going to move into another state of being. Our bodies remain behind but our spirits fly. It's much more effective for treatment. Also, I need you in a trance state because I need to be able to access your heart.”
Kagome looked up sharply, suspicious.
“Calm down Kagome-sama! Your heart, not your soul. Your soul is the very essence of you, not to be touched unless you will it to be. Your heart was made to be opened. Do you still trust me?”
Considering all ends, Kagome slowly nodded.
“Excellent!” Soyokumi laughed. “Three hours please.”
~
No matter what
I'm always
Right there behind
You
 
Kagome was floating, lost in the wind, a part of everything and nothing, all at once…
“Kagome.” The voice resounded throughout the air, pulsing, pushing her through her trance and into a different way to exist.
Everything around her was white, blank, colorless.
“Welcome. Time to begin.”
Wordless, Kagome awaited instruction.
“First you must accept yourself. Yes, you lack some qualities, but not all of them are necessary.
“Now, I'm going to say names, and see how you react.”
“Miroku.”
-Amusement-Friendship-Understanding-The feelings radiated off of Kagome, clearly recognized for what they were.
“Sango.”
-Sisterly love-Safety-Stability-Worry-
“Good…Shippou.”
-Protectiveness-Love-Childhood innocence-
“I'm impressed! Now here's one I'm sure will be difficult for you.”
“Kikyou.”
-Sorrow-Envy-Guilt-Anger-Confusion-Regret-
“Ah…we found them! The things that keep you from being whole. Now answer when I ask. Why are you sorrowful when you think of her?”
In a flat, drowsy ton, Kagome replied: “I feel sorry for her, being dragged back into the world with no choice behind it.”
“Alright, why are you envious?”
“Because she was the love and devotion of Inuyasha.”
“Aha! Your fault! Your doubt! Tell me, what did he do when you fell into the fire?”
“He took care of me.”
“And after?”
“He kissed me.”
“Then why do you doubt him?”
“He would run to Kikyou at any opportunity.”
“Here we go. Do you think that Inuyasha has no faults?”
“Everyone does.”
“Exactly. And his happen to be supreme guilt and the inability to both face his fears and say what he means.”
Kagome paused.
“What are you saying?”
“Do not doubt the one who loves you.”
“Inuyasha…loves me?”
“Yes. But let him tell you in his own way, at his own time.”
“I can wait forever.”
“We shall see.”
And with that, the whiteness surrounding her grew even brighter, glaring, closing in, and tossing Kagome back into her body.
~
 
No matter what you say
No matter what you do
No matter what I'm
Right there behind you.
 
Inuyasha could smell Genshin and Kagome heading this way. Dashing out to see what was going on, he saw Kagome being carried in Soyokumi's arms.
Running to meet them, Inuyasha began to speak before he had quite reached them.
“…is Kagome alright?” he panted, staring down at the unconscious girl.
“Oh, she's fine! Just tired. Oh my, look at the time! I'm afraid we won't be able to do your training until tomorrow, but if it's any comfort, I'm sure Kagome will be very enthusiastic about the procedure. I'm assuming you'd like to take her now?”
Accepting her from Soyokumi, Inuyasha muttered, “You sure like to hear yourself talk, don't you…”
“Yes, in fact! I'm afraid it's a fault of mine I've been working on…but practice makes perfect as they say!”
When Inuyasha left, he was still talking.
~
When Inuyasha was shaken awake by Soyokumi, it was still dark, not yet dawn.
Pressing a finger to his lips to prevent disturbing Kagome, the old man led Inuyasha out of the hut and into a grassy field.
A waterfall crashed down nearby, and a soft breeze tugged at the hanyou's silver hair. These were the only sounds in the stillness.
“What time is it?” Inuyasha said crossly.
“Unnecessary.”
The old man seemed much more serious than when taking Kagome to her training. Slightly unnerved, Inuyasha stood still, yet his whole body was listening, watching, waiting.
“Very well. Sit down, Inuyasha.”
Sinking cross-legged on the grass, Inuyasha tensed as Soyokumi reached into his pocket.
As tense as Inuyasha, the old man carefully walked over to the Hanyou.
“And now, we shall see if your sun will rise or set!”
Springing forward, he shoved a fine powder under Inuyasha's sensitive nose. Inuyasha gasped, sharply inhaling, absorbing the herbs.
A look of shock on his face, Inuyasha sank to the ground, senseless. With that done, Soyokumi proceeded to do the same, falling down on the plain, preparing to train the Hanyou.
~
You opened up my veins
Now I don't feel the same (no no no)
You open up my brain
But I won't be replaced
 
“Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha started at the sound of his name, snapping out of…of whatever he'd been doing. Existing. Floating. Being.
“Are you ready?”
“Keh. Of course.”
“So we may begin.”
Minutes passed, and Inuyasha couldn't stand the suspense.
“Are you going to do something or what?!”
“We have. Your first fault has been uncovered. Your impatience.”
“Hey! You're the one who didn't tell me what I'm supposed to do!”
“Shifting the blame.”
“Why you…gah! I knew this was stupid!”
“Closed-mindedness. Fine, point proven. React to these names, if you will.”
“Whatever.”
“Kagome.”
-Love-Passion-Uncertainty-Shyness-Protectiveness-
“We'll let that pass…okay. Kikyou.”
-Guilt-Sorrowful Love-Regret-
“That's none of your business.” Said Inuyasha menacingly.
“If these feelings are painful, why do you cling to them?”
“You don't know what's between us!”
“But Inuyasha, neither do you.”
“Will you just shut up already!”
A sudden aggression came into the voice as it yelled,
“Inuyasha! Who is Chujitsu Mitsuri?!”
The whiteness surrounding Inuyasha turned, as quickly as someone flicking a switch, a solid, untouchable black.
“That was a dream.” Said Inuyasha's flat voice from somewhere in the darkness.
“Quite the opposite…it was too real. You blocked it out.”
“IT WAS A DREAM!”
“I will give you the memory. This is the most important part of the training. You must conquer your fear!”
“It never happened!”
“Inuyasha, it was the past! You must accept that it happened, but no longer affects you!”
“HOW COULD IT NOT AFFECT ME?” he screamed, the memory filling his mind.
“This isn't real. It's not real! IT NEVER HAPPENED, ARE YOU LISTENING? IT. NEVER. HAPPENED. Never, Mitsuri…”
The blackness closed in. Inuyasha woke up, gasping in the field.
The memory of his childhood, perhaps the worst thing he'd ever experienced, was filling his head, he couldn't run…
But he could try.
He sprinted back to the hut where Kagome sat, awake now, grabbed her and ignoring her confused protests, sped off towards the place where he grew up.
 
No matter what you say
No matter what you do
No matter what I'm always
Right there behind you.
 
AND WE'RE DONE!!
Not only a chapter at last, but a really, really long one…
YAY!
I hope you enjoyed it, and again, I'm sorry for taking so long. -cries-.
Reviews?
-goes on her knees to beg-
PLEASE!!!!
 
~Lennyasha out!