InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Star-Cross Lovers ❯ Legend Re-told ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* I don't own Inu Yasha Or any of its characters. Also, story is based on a Chinese series I saw and I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit. So be warned that I too don't own the story and it will change to adjust to characters.*

Prologue

A woman in her early thirties sat outside her little cottage house staring at the night sky, unaware of the blue eyes that watched her with fascination. The figure moved from the shadow and positioned himself beside the woman. The woman smile when the little figure sat next to her. She wrapped her arms around him and held him close.

"Mama, why do you always stare at the sky?" the little boy asked.

Her smile widened and she answered, "I'm admiring the stars, honey." She looked up at the sky once more and pointed to two bright stars. "Sweety, see those two brightest stars over there....they are called 'The Star-Crossed Lovers'."

" 'The Star-Crossed Lovers....' " The boy made a sour face. "...funny name for stars to have." He looked at his mother for answers.

"They say the two brightest stars in the sky represent two lovers that gave up everything just to be together...."

"Oh no..I feel a story coming on." The boy interrupted. "Just hope it's not a sappy story!"

The woman shook her head and continued, "...the first star on the right is the Goddess of Seamstress and the one on the left is but a peasant boy." She paused and turned to face her son. "Know this, the Queen of the Gods was not a happy Goddess when she found out, and at all cost, tried to separate the lovers. That, my son, is where our story begins....."