InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Star-Cross Lovers ❯ The Mistake! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* I don't own Inu Yasha Or any of its characters. Also, story is based on a Chinese series I saw and I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit. So be warned that I too don't own the story and it will change to adjust to characters.*

Chapter One

"Are you sure you want to do this? You could get me into a lot of trouble if I help you. Please reconsider...," said the voice of a young woman.

"Come on Rin, you are my very and only best of friend. If you don't help me, who will?" the young woman questioned her companion. She brushed aside a strand of her dark raven hair and eyed the bird, who was safely secured on a branch of a tree and staring at her with intense green eyes.

The bird gave in and replied, "Fine...but if I sense any form of danger, we are out of here and no arguments about it, agreed?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You won't regret this." The young woman replied.

She swirled around happily, creating bright coloured waves to emit in the sunny sky. The colours danced around the woman. With a snap of her fingers, the colours transformed into different varieties of colourful flowers. The bird saw this and gave a loud shriek. The sound stopped the woman in her track and she turned to face a furious bird.

"Kagome, are you out of your mind!?" The bird shook its head. "This is why I refused the arrangement in the first place."

"Hehehe....sorry." Kagome gave a smile as a form of an apology.

The bird flew from its branch towards her best friend. In mid air, a bright greenish glow surrounded the bird. In an instant, a young woman was formed. While Kagome's eyes were a deep shade of ocean blue, hers were bright green. She was also an inch shorter than her friend and though, she was of great beauty with a slim figure, Kagome's curves were of a more delicate feminine beauty and grace. Very fitting for the Goddess of Seamstress, Rin thought, as she examined her friend's kimono, which was decorated in blue, green and yellow sakura blossoms.

Rin stood facing her friend, "Here are the rules: 1) We will not stay longer than a day on Earth, 2) We will not communicate with any mortals, 3) We will not be seen NO matter the situation there is on Earth....well, maybe except for me. I still need a thousand more good deeds to become a Goddess such as yourself, which I don't intend to lose because....."

"...you are helping me." Kagome interrupted. "No matter what, I will be good. Plus, think of it as a friend's day out. It has been some time since we last spent time together doing nothing." Kagome assured her friend with a smile that would melt the ice itself.

Rin smiled, "Don't think your sweet talk will always get you out of trouble."

"It worked, didn't it?"

"Don't let it get to your head. By the way, what is it that you are looking for on Earth that you can't get up there?" Rin asked as she point to the sky.

"Colours! As bright as the sun itself!"

*****************

The girls headed off in search of the colour that Kagome spoke of but after many hours of hard work, they still couldn't find it. Kagome's happy spirit was slowly fading. This also brought Rin down, to see her best friend in such a state. Sadness just didn't suit her. It was then that they came across a field filled with wheat. The colour of wheat caught Kagome's attention. She smiled happily and hurried along the path to reach her destination. She observed the bright golden colour of the wheat and happily jumped up and down with laughter.

"This is it. The colour I have been searching for to finish my gift for the Queen of the Gods, for her Birthday Ceremony." exclaimed a cheerful Kagome.

"I'm glad to hear it. Will it be okay if I leave you here to tend to your business? Today is almost over and I have yet to help anyone today." explained Rin, as she held her hand up and pointed to her bracelet of 'Good Deeds', which was made from thousands of small glowing globes of green light.

The Goddess nodded her head and both girls exchanged hugs before they parted. Rin made her way into town while Kagome was left alone gathering her colours, promising to avoid trouble at all cost. Only moments after Rin stepped into town she caught a man sitting and eating his meal, unaware of the danger above him. The roof of the 'Diner Stand' looked to be unstable. With a gesture of her hand, she magically sent the man safely away from danger, just as the roof gave in.

The man looked on in surprise as he examined his surrounding, wondering why he was not crushed underneath the pile of rubble. When his eyes made contact with a certain woman, his eyes narrowed. He noted that the woman was smiling and was making her leave. He gathered himself off the ground and made his way over to the woman to stop her from leaving.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?!" barked the man.

Rin was speechless. "W-what?" She looked behind her to make sure he was speaking to her. "Are you referring to me?"

"Stupid bird!!" he exclaimed. "How dare you ruin my plan!"

"Sesshomauru?" Rin studied the man in front of her. Although he was dressed as a human commoner and his appearance changed, she caught a glint of spark in the man's eyes, which only meant it was Sesshomauru in disguise. "What the hell are you doing here, idiot! I thought you were someone in need of help."

Just as the word slipped out of her mouth, one of the 'deeds' she received from helping him slowing took to the sky and disappeared.

"Noooooo.....come back!!" sobbed Rin. She turned her attention back to her foe. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, a spark of red could almost be seen in her green eyes as she furiously stared at the man with disgust. "...YOU!"

"It is not my fault you lack the intelligence to distinguish between mortals and Gods, such as myself." he stated.

"You shouldn't pretend to be in need of help then, you asshole!"

"If you had not assisted me, that man siting by the rubble would have recieved his shared of riches by now." Sesshomauru, The God of Wealth stated, with no emotion what so ever.

"You should have said something then." Rin argued back. "I don't have time for this non-sense argument. I, myself, have better things to do. Have fun!" With a flick of her hand, she magically sent Sesshomauru back under the pile of rubble. "That will teach him. The nerve of that guy......why me?" With that thought in mind, she walked away from Sesshomauru and continued her search of someone in need, as a replacement of her lost 'deed'.

*************

The sun was slowly setting but yet, two brothers can still be seen tending to their land. One was tall with long dark hair above his waist. He was wearing only a pair of shorts, without a shirt and no shoes. For a peasant person, he was very well build and handsome. He stopped what he was doing and searched his surrounding with his deep golden eyes. His eyes settled on another figure five feet away from him.

"Hey Miroku! Are you almost done yet? Need any help?"

The figure stopped and looked over his shoulder and respond. "No need, Inuyasha! I'm done here. Let's call it a day." He stood up and stretched his aching body, and ran his hand through his short dark hair. He tried to suppress a yawn, but failed.

The two brothers gathered their belongings and made their way towards the little house they shared. Yet, as soon as they reached the house, a voice could be heard behind them. They turned around to face one of the other farmers that tend to the wheat. By the look of concern on his face, the two brothers knew it was urgent.

"Taka, what's wrong?" questioned Miroku.

"Inu..yasha...Miro..ku, come..quick! Problem..." he said between each breath he took.

The three men headed out without another word of exchange. When they arrived at the field of wheat, both brothers were horrified at the sight they saw. The wheat, the one all farmers worked so hard of growing had all died. It no longer holds the bright golden colour but a dark and dull shade. Their hard work...gone.

"What the hell happened to the wheat!" a furious Inuyasha barked.

"Please Inuyasha, there is no need for such verbal language." Miroku turned and asked one of the farmer who was in charge of checking and watering the wheat. "Did you not check on it everyday? How could this have happened?"

"What!? Are you implying I did not do my job. For your information, I just recently checked it and went home to have my dinner. When I return, the wheat had somehow died out." The man's outbursted and words took everyone by surprise.

"Oh no! What are we going to do? The wheat was suppose to go out and be sold in a week. Where are we going to have the money to pay for the rent now?" A short and chubby man asked his fellow farmers. Fear striking everyone's soul.

"There is no need to cry over spill milk. We will just have to improvised" Miroku stated. "We will have to spend less until this misfortune past and we can grow new wheat."

*************

Meanwhile, not far from the farmland, Kagome was patiently waiting for her friend Rin to return. After she had found the colour she seek, she went exploring, much to Rin's disapprovement. While waiting, she noticed a small crowd was slowly gathering about the area she was just recently at. Curiosity got the better of her, she gathered herself and took to the sky.

She arrived and hung in the sky, making sure her invisible barrier was up. She was able to catch only the ending of the conversation.

"Oh no! What are we going to do? The wheat was suppose to go out and be sold in a week. Where are we going to have the money to pay for the rent now?"

"There is no need to cry over spill milk. We will just have to improvised."

Kagome noticed that the dark hair man was talking about the wheat and realization hit her. She had caused these people this grief. Her thoughts were interrupted as the same man spoke again.

"We will have to spend less until this misfortune past and we can grow new wheat."

After that, all the men made their ways back home with sad and fearful faces. Kagome's heart sank deep with guilt and grief. She stayed until only two man were left staring at the destruction of the wheat. One of them was the same guy that spoke earlier and beside him stood a taller and handsome man with long dark hair. Kagome's heart would have skipped a beat if it wasn't already sinking fast with sorrow.

"Damn the Gods!" The long hair man exclaimed.

Hey! Thought Kagome, slightly offended, even if it was her fault.

"Inuyasha, please. It's bad enough as it is."

So that's his name.

"That's where you're wrong. It went past bad to.....god, there's not even a word for it!" Inuyasha was trying his best to remain in control but was failing poorly. "Miroku, we don't have anything to even sell to pay for the rent."

As much as Miroku wanted to lighten the mood, he just couldn't find anything to use. He could only agree with Inuyasha. They were in big trouble. With that thought in mind, they decided to go home. Hopefully in one week, they can still call it home. Miroku sigh. Before he left, he heard something that sounded like a sigh. He turn around and looked around and then gazed at the sky but saw nothing. He finally decided it was just his imagination and left with Inuyasha.

For a minute, Kagome thought she was caught when the guy called Miroku stared straight at her. When he turned to leave, Kagome relaxed but only for a moment as she remember the crime that she had committed. She could restore the colour but she can not restore the wheat's growth. She sigh once more and turn and head back to wait for Rin.

**************
Note: Hey hoped you enjoyed that. That's all I'm writing for now, cuz I don't know if anyone like this story or not. It was just something that poped into my head and it sounded interesting. Anyways, I gotta work on my other story now 'Dragonlord: Return of Inuyasha Takasuio' Be sure to check it out. Update will be between July 4-9 for that story. As for this one.....we will see just how many like me to continue.