InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stay Close to Me ❯ lost and found ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stay close to me

Hi! Me again! Th8nxs for the reviews I really appreciate it!

Fesop: Hi everyone!

Sg3: I thought you were a mute (says sarcastically)

Fesop: nope! Now fesop is deaf!

Sg3: (anime falls)

Sg3: special shoutouts to: Baybe-Dinez, seshygirl04, Missyeru, and SugarCube! Thank u guys so much for the reviews!

Ok this chapter is going to be shorter than usual but I'm going to update quicker so don't fret! I just want to get to the point of this so the story can progress quicker. Also the people who voted for a sess/kag were a little too late; because I already posted the chapter saying that it was an inu/kag anyways sorry to you guys! The next story I do will be a sess/kag kay? So on with the story! Also as I promised I put some Miroku Sango in my story it's a little silly at that part but I like it. Tell me if I made them OOC.

A special note to my reviewers. This story was originally posted on ff.net so the review responses and author notes just ignore then.

_______________________________________________________________ _________

Chapter 5: lost and found

Kagome tightly hugged her knees to her chest, letting out tiny gasps of air every now and then. Tears streamed down her face non stop, her insides felt like they were melting away into nothing but burning all at the same time.

An empty look was in her eyes as she gazed out of her open window. Once again she tried to remember what happened after her first sip of wine, but whenever she tried an enormous amount of pain surged through her head causing her to feel faint again.

Kagome feared the night now. Whenever she went to sleep he would be there, he would come into her sleep and cause all of her pain, he did this to her. It was because of him she couldn't love the one she loved. It was because of him her feelings changed. It was because of him she no longer could love InuYasha. "I hate him" she whispered in a strange far off voice.

Miroku, Sango, and Kirara trudged along the path to the western castle on foot alone. Shippo could not come with them because of the injuries he had endured, so he had to be left in the care of Kaede. (a/n how u ask? You'll see!)

Sango looked down at the ground in dismay, she felt sick inside like her insides were collapsing and the world was coming to an end. She sighed heavily and felt tears brimming the corners of her eyes.

She felt an arm wrap around her shoulder and looked up. It was Miroku. Strangely she didn't slap him or shove his arm off like she usually would have, somehow she felt comforted by this action and snuggled a little closer to him.

Miroku was a little surprised that Sango hadn't slapped him or shoved him away yet. `maybe I should put my hands on their shoulders more often instead of their butt's' he thought to himself. `nah'. "Don't worry Sango you know InuYasha's too stubborn to die" he said soothingly to her. "And he wouldn't let anything happen to Kagome" he said again. "I know! I know! It's just that I couldn't stand to lose anyone else!" she said as the tears started pouring down her cheeks.

"Miroku?" she said through a sniffle. "Hai, Sango?"he answered. "You'll never leave me right?" he paused for a moment as if deep in thought. Sango looked up at him alarmed that he hadn't said yes right away. "You will stay with me right?" she asked again. He looked down at her and smiled warmly, "Hai Sango, how could I leave such a beautiful woman like yourself?" Sango smiled sadly at him but it quickly vanished as she felt a hand gently squeeze her butt. Her face slowly changed from a tanish white to deep crimson red, HENTAI! She screamed and a loud clonk could be heard for miles as Miroku fell to the ground unconscious.

InuYasha stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the familiar yell of Sango and the unmistakable clonk of her boomerang hitting Miroku's head. He wasn't sure whether or not he should go to them or go to Kagome first. `Kagome is probably in more trouble than they can get into' he thought to himself, `but what if they know where the western castle is!' `Just hang in there a little longer Kagome!' and with that he took off to where he could smell the others.

Kagome had been in Sesshomaru's castle for 4 days now, and had just about lost all hope that InuYasha would come for her. The only thing she was allowed to do was sleep, eat, and take walks in the garden. Kagome found the garden was the most relaxing place for her to think. No one seemed to be there except a few gardeners or birds. When she was out there she felt free of all troubles and thoughts, it encouraged her to be strong and fight off him. This was the only place that she could think without him bothering her.

Kagome was very lonely lately, since Rin had been forbidden to come near her yet alone speak to her, the only people allowed to speak to her was Sesshomaru and Jaken, and they only saw her when it was time to feed her. Before Kagome would have refused to drink or eat any of the food, but after having it stuffed down her throat once, she decided it was just better to eat it herself.

Kagome sighed deeply before getting up and walking to the door in her room. She decided she was going to the garden, but she didn't intend on coming back.

Kagome opened her door slowly peeking out to see if anyone was coming her way. No one was. She slid silently from her room leaving the door open and crept soundlessly down the long hall.

Once she made it to the front doors with out anybody noticing she opened the door just a crack and squeezed through. She closed the door quietly behind her and walked casually toward the garden gate.

As she entered she saw a servant working on the rhododendrons, and she slipped past them into the stuffy tool shed. She looked around and quickly found what she was looking for.

Kagome slipped off her clothes and grabbed the extra gardener's outfit that was piled up on the floor. It was very baggy and covered in dust and dried mud. She quickly rubbed it all over herself hoping to mask her scent so that Sesshomaru couldn't find her then put it on. "I really hope this works" she mumbled to herself, and exited the tool shed.

Sesshomaru knew her plan from the moment she entered the tool shed, but he let her go anyways. "Let's let her think she's escaped" he said to himself. "It's time for her to leave anyway". He said again as he saw a girl with ebony black hair run from his castle dressed as a worker.

InuYasha landed with a soft thump on the ground in front of his friends and stood up. Before he was all the way up he felt someone grab him in a tight embrace. "InuYasha! I'm so happy you're alive!" Sango said her voice filled with joy. "As am I InuYasha" Miroku said calmly.

"That's all great and jolly guys but in case you haven't found out yet KAGOME HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED MY BASTARD BROTHER!" InuYasha yelled out in frustration. "We know InuYasha haven't you saved her yet?" Sango said startled.

InuYasha looked down at the ground before growling an almost inaudible "no".

"WHAT!" Miroku and Sango yelled at the same time. "It's not my fault!" He yelled back. "I don't know where the damned castle is!" "Oh!" Sango and Miroku said again. "Well in that case we have to go and save Lady Kagome this instant!" Miroku said with his serious face on. "No kidding Houshi" InuYasha mumbled before taking off to the sky again.

He shouted back to them "you guys ride Kirara and follow me, we'll cover more ground that way" "Right!" they replied as they jumped on the now giant cat youkai and followed InuYasha.

Kagome got about a quarter mile into the forest before she was attacked.

The snake youkai lashed out at her, its fangs missing her by centimeters, but causing her to lose her footing and tumble down a steep hill behind her.

At the bottom of the hill Kagome hit her head hard on a rock making her vision very blurry but she managed to stay conscious long enough to see the snake youkai coming fast down the hill.

She managed to summon enough energy to roll over to the edge of a stream and roll in.

She was slowly going downstream away from the snake demon but she didn't expect the waterfall at the end.

By the time Kagome realized the waterfall it was too late. She was trying with all her might to swim against the currents of the now strong river, but was failing miserably.

As she flailed her arms about helplessly coming closer to the mouth of the enormous waterfall she thought to herself `I didn't think I would die this way'. Suddenly she felt something snake around her waist and pull her out of the rushing water.

Kagome gasped for air and spit the water out of her mouth coughing and choking on it at the same time. She looked up to see who had rescued her; she gasped and then screamed out of shock. It was the snake youkai!

It quickly opened its mouth revealing two sharp bloodthirsty fangs. Kagome was paralyzed by fear, she couldn't move an inch and screamed out in pain when the demon bit deeply into her soft fragile skin on her arm then lifted her off the ground and swung her forcefully into a tree.

Kagome looked down in horror at the blood pooling from her arm. The pain was so unbearable she passed out almost immediately afterwards.

The snake youkai wrapped the rest of its tail up her body and started dragging her off in the direction of its nest so it could feed her to its young.

The moment InuYasha smelt Kagome's blood he took off it that direction not bothering to wait for the others.

He came down upon the snake demon in a matter of minutes and quickly unsheathed the Tetsusaiga. "You sick little bastard what have you done to Kagome!" he growled at the demon his voice filled with anger and hate. "This girl is my children's dinner half-breed so you'd better stay out of the way!" it hissed warningly. "Feh!" he said and ran up and sliced the demons head off its body in one swift move.

InuYasha quickly ripped the rest of the demon off Kagome's body and put her into his arms bridal style.

He looked down at Kagome's face and found it had lost its shine and color, it was as white as a sheet of paper and she felt as cold as a block of ice. Her body was bruised all over and parts of her skirt torn. Her once silky perfect ebony black hair was now a mess of black tangles and knots on her head. Her breathing was shallow and her forehead felt warm.

Sango, Miroku, and Kirara arrived on the spot just a few minutes after InuYasha killed the snake demon, and gasped at what they saw.

"Is she…..alive?" Sango whispered hoarsely. InuYasha glared at her before saying "of coarse she is, but for how long I don't know so lets go!"

Without waiting for a reply he took off into the sky heading for Kaede's village.

A/N dun dun dun! I guess it's kinda a cliffe! But I told you people before I wont kill anybody! Except Kikyo, the only pairing that suits her is kik/death hehehe. I want to thank you all for your reviews they encourage me! So I'm going to encourage you to send more! Th8nxs! Did I do any of the characters OOC? If so plz tell me. I didn't mean for this chapter to be this long but I'll still try to update quickly. Also if you read this fic you HAVE to read my friend seshygirl04's story yokaiandthemiko it's a sess/kag so if you like those read it! Also it's her first fic so be nice. Im sorry if this chapter was lame and short it's just that I'm tired and it's 3:27am right now so….yeah. If 5 NEW people with accounts review I'll update quicker!

Fesop: send reviews and earn Q's!

Sg3: what does that mean?

Fesop: I have no clue!

Sg3: I think you should be quiet from now on

Fesop: who cares what you think?

Sg3: ………………….. (walks away)

Fesop: YAYYYY! Fesop wins! Fesop wins! Fesop w-(falls to ground unconscious)

Sg3: (walks back and takes anvil off fesop's head) REVIEW PLZ!

Ja Ne!