InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ STF: Special Task Force : Japan ❯ The Grid :: Part 7 :: Section 9 and A Sad Snow Day ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS ANYON: Don't worry. I didn't. That chapter has been delayed for some time, but it will be out very, very soon.

Abstract: The Three Eyes poster feel on top of the map. Making another geometric shape.

A/N: I decided to add to this a little. Hope you like it! Also I'm still learning about the show that the people in this chapter are in - so please, bear with me. This is a completely new thing to me. Also - is there a winter in Japan? I don't think so but for this story - there is. Saying as it my fiction. Not theirs…. Hehehe

And: This is just a filler to explain the possible happenings of the next chapter. I think this just adds a… romantic/emotional/other appeal to it. Even a dare-I-say "beautiful" appeal? Plus it uses one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artist. PLEASE if you have it, listen to it while you read this. You'll get what I mean.

Ok, no more talk - lets roll!

-----------------

I walked down the halls of STF on my way to my office after a small conference with some news agencies about STF's involvement in the NORTRA incident. We all came to the conclusion that STF was in no way involved and that we would do our best to figure out who did.

Figures.

I had just turning the corner to head to our branch when Miroku stopped me for a second.

"I need you to come with me. I have something you should see."

---------------

He ran the tape with the mechanical voice on.

"I had to use the lip sync program. It has never failed me once." He said. I nodded.

"So then Naraku was involved and so was his brother… good." I said. Kagura busted through the doors.

"What the hell happened to my brother!?"

"He was shot and killed while dealing with a suspected terrorist group." I said, plainly.

"What do you mean he was shot and killed?! I know that! What are you going to do about it?!"

"What is there to do?"

Kagura growled. "How about bringing them to justice!"

"I will. But not for him."

"Oh, and why not?" She seethed.

"You get too close to the sun and you burn. He got close to the enemy and he was killed."

"So you are saying that because he made a bad choice he's not worthy of your attention?!"

"Not at all."

"You are not making any sense!" She yelled, leaving.

"She always like that?" I asked Miroku.

"Only when she doesn't hear what she wants to hear."

"Inuyasha, I can walk - put me down!" Kagome's voice traveled down the hallway.

"Just hush up." He said back.

I nodded to Miroku. "Don't miss the meeting in the demo room in a little while." I said.

"Wait! One more thing! My team has concluded that NOSTRA may have come close to possessing the jewel. Remember from the first day?"

"Yah, let me know if you can get anything else."

"Will do. See you in ten… good luck." He said, turning around in the chair again.

I walked out the door to see Inuyasha caring Kagome on his back down the hallway. I almost laughed as Kagome wanted to walk. Inuyasha stopped in front of me.

"Now you can get down." He said. Kneeling down and letting her off.

"Thank you." She said, petting his ears. He only sighed. "I'm not a puppy." He said under his breath.

I smiled at the two when the realized that I was still there.

"You wanted to see us?"

"Yes, we have a very important meeting in the demo. You guys must be there. After that shift is over and we can all head home."

Somehow, after the entire ordeal it took Inuyasha two days to repair the house. How he did it, I'm not sure.

"Ok, demo room." He said, scooping Kagome up and walking with me down the hall. Kagome struggled for a moment before accepting her transport.

------------

I sat at the main desk in the demo room when someone knocked on the door. Kagome and Inuyasha were behind me, at a separate desk as I got up to get the door. Opening it, I stepped aside allowing the three people to enter. Inuyasha and Kagome stood up to great them.

"This is why you guys have to be here." I said. "Because of the past events I have decided to seek outside help on the matter."

Both nodded. I turned to the guests.

"I have prepared a sitting area for you. Right there."

The nods and the people were in their seats.

-----------

"Thank you all for coming." I said to the small crowd. It was really only Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kagome, Inuyasha, and a few other agents who knew about the NOSTRA incident. The whole agency knew that something had happened. They just didn't know what.

"You guys all know about the NOSTRA incident. Or as the news is calling it. NOSTRA Shootout. Because of the extent of the trouble they will be able to cause now that they have teamed up with the three eyes we needed some more help. Therefore I have enlisted the help of Section 9. I have been guaranteed their full help and cooperation in any mission that involves the threat from these two terrorist organizations." I said, catching the nod of one of the Section 9 people.

I turn and looked at them before turning back to the agents.

"I have the full help of the Stand Alone Complex team. Ah, Motoko "Major" Kusanagi, Bateau, and Togusa. Thank you for coming to our aid at such short notice."

No words, just a few nods.

"Ok, I need to go and get some paper work done. So why don't you take this time to meet with the team and get to know each other." Then to Major. "When you are done ask Inuyasha to bring you to my office and we will finish this."

Another nod.

----------------

A knock at the door set me apart from my thoughts as I looked up to see Major standing there. I nodded and she took a seat.

"So, what exactly are you suspecting?"

"Not much. Just some field support."

She nodded.

"Ok. We will help as we can. But, Aramaki has requested one thing."

I arched a brow. "And that would be?"

"In the unlikely event we need someone to cover in a future mission. Wither it be news wise or out in the field - he would like to be reassured that your team will be there."

"So long as I don't slander my own department, I don't see why not."

Major nodded. "Good."

"Then we are all set. I will alert section 9 when needed."

-----------------------

The Next Morning - 3rd Person - (Begin) Avril Lavinge: I'm With You

A/N: This is kind of like in music montage (sp?) in a movie. That just shows some photos with only ambient things moving (like some of the endings in the show - you know - the stars or bike pinwheel) along with some moving ones with no sound or only a little.)

-----------------------

Inuyasha opened the curtain on the window of the bed room with Kagome watching him from behind, still tucked in bed. Snow lightly falling onto a completely snow covered ground. It must have been snowing all night. The sun in the sky made it almost twilight.

Beautiful.

Turning back to her with a smile on his face she motions for him to come back to her. He does and they settle in. Kagome's head lazily on his chest while they watch the snow fall.

I'm standing on a bridge,
I'm waiting in the dark,
I thought that you'd be here by now.

Bryan had left the house a little while ago and now stood, leaning on the bridge in the local park. His arms crossed as he watched the slowly freezing watch rush under him. Random couples and kids running by him. Contemplating what really happened at the NOSTRA building.


Theres nothing but the rain,
No footsteps on the ground,
I'm listenin
g but there's no sound.

Miroku was at Sango's house. They sat out on her patio all bundled up and talk to each other. Romantic settings apparently have this affect on people as Miroku gets up and collects the two cups to go refill them, he steals a kiss off of Sango's cheek.

Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?
It's a damn cold night,
Tryin to figure out this life.

Walking through the park, Bryan smiles at random people. Catching a misfired ball he hands it back to the little kid who comes to claim it. Sighing he looks up.

I love the snow… but it reminds me to much of Nina… false hope… it's such a bitch.


Won't you take me by the hand, take me somewhere new?
I don't know who you are, but I...
I'm with you.
I'm with you.


I'm looking for a place,
I'm searching for a face,
Is anybody here I know.


Inuyasha carries Kagome and a sled up a large hill. They had gone to the same park as Bryan, and had let to run into him. Placing Kagome on the sled before getting on himself, Inuyasha pushes it off and they go speeding down the hill and into a snowy embankment. Both laughing as their heads poke out of the snow.



Cuz nothing's going right,
And everything's a mess,
And no one likes to be alone.


I need to stop thinking about this… Bryan reminds himself as he began to cry. She knew the risks. She didn't care… she loved me that much. "Damn it!" Bryan yells out.

Isn't anyone trying to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?
Its a damn cold night,
Tryin to figure out this life.

Sango meets Miroku in her kitchen as he stares at the pot, waiting for the brew to finish. She snakes her hands around his waist and nuzzles into his back a little. Miroku places a hand on hers as they stay like that for a little while.


Won't you, take me by the hand, take me somewhere new?
I don't know who you are, but I...
I'm with you.
I'm with you.
Yea yea...oh


Inuyasha ditches the sled in his car and begins walking with Kagome through the park. Soon meeting up with Bryan.


Why is everything so confusing?
Maybe I'm just out of my mind..
Yea yea yea yea yea....


The phone rings at Sango's as Miroku's phone does the same. They both answer it at the same time, their smiles fading as dispatch reads off the message in a conference call. They look at each other.


Its a damn cold night,
Trying to figure out this life.
Wont you, take me by the hand, take me somewhere new?
I don't know who you are, but I...
I'm with you, I'm with you.

At the park, all three cell phones go off at the same time. Everyone answers it.

A moment later Kagome and Inuyasha's smiles fade as Bryan gets a look on his face.


Take me by the hand take me somewhere new,
I dont know who you are, but I...
I'm with you, I'm with you.

Sango and Miroku are hugging in the kitchen. Sango is crying while Miroku is trying hard to keep his tears back, patting Sango on the back.


Take me by the hand take me somewhere new,
I dont know who you are, but I...
I'm with you, I'm with you.

Inuyasha has Kagome in a large embrace while Bryan pats her on the back before walking two feet to the bridge again, pounding his fist into it. He holds it while curing silently. After a moment he takes out his phone, turning the walkie-talkie on. Hitting the send to all key.


I'm with you.

"All units. This is 55David." His sullen voice coming over the radio. "Report to Tokyo Hospital. Officer down. Repeat. All units, report to Tokyo Hospital. Officer 29-3."