InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stolen Kisses ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He felt her stiffen at his request. She was trying to tell him no, wanted to tell him no, but he knew better. She turned to putty in his hands, melted at his touches.
 
Every night was this way. It would seem he had won her over, she being totally submissive. But, somehow, she'd gain control again, and would forcefully tell him no, that she couldn't. He hoped she wouldn't refuse him again, as she always did.
 
She hadn't always been so submissive. It was only until after she trusted him, weeks after their first meeting, that she let him dominate her.
 
He'd first noticed her, truly noticed her, over a year ago, shortly after he had first taken note of Kagome. She was always in the background; just a pretty-faced demon exterminator. His focus had stayed on Kagome, always on Kagome and her ability to see jewel shards, until he saw Sango fight. It was breath taking; every action, every throw precise, every movement graceful. He had never seen anyone fight so beautifully.
 
Every chance he got, he'd watch her fight, admire her from afar. He began to notice more things about her. She was elegant, powerful, beautiful. No, beautiful wasn't the right word. She was striking, with her gorgeous honey eyes and full pink lips. The more he watched, the more he learned about her habits. She took pride in being a demon exterminator, and spent much time caring for and polishing her boomerang. She was extremely loyal to her group, guarded and protected them at all costs. She was determined and strong. But, she also seemed to be a little distant, secretive. She was a mystery to him, she intrigued him.
 
One of her habits he quickly caught on to was that, every so often, she would go off by herself at night and stare at the sky. She could spend hours sitting in a clearing in a patch of woods, or in a field, or on a small hill, just gazing up at the infinite depths. This was when he watched her most; if he smelled them nearby, he would follow them, follow her, waiting for her to leave her group. As she settled down to watch the stars, he'd settle under a tree, hidden in the shadows, to watch her, and wonder what she was thinking.
 
Kouga pondered many nights over how to win her over, how to show her the desire he had, the wanting, the lusting. Whether or not it was love, he hadn't been sure. All he knew was that he craved contact with her, but didn't know how to obtain it. It didn't seem right for him to just declare his love for her as he had Kagome; this went deeper than what he had felt for her. And Sango, she didn't seem to be the type to respond well to a declaration like that. He would have to go slowly, gain her trust and somehow win her heart.
 
But Kouga wasn't used to this; wolf demons were open when they were trying to attract a mate, to win them over. It was so quick, so simple. There was no sneaking around, no searching for the correct words, the correct moments. Humans were strange creatures; weak and frail, but so full of emotions that they seemed to keep secret, hid from everyone. It didn't make sense to Kouga; he wanted to just approach her and tell her exactly how he had felt, that she belonged with him. But, he had to win her over, it seemed.
 
He was never good with words; well, that wasn't entirely true. He had found that, after meeting Inuyasha, he could come up with what he thought were rather creative insults. But, when it came to thinking of something to say to her, to “woo” her, nothing came to him. It was aggravating, but Kouga was patient. He had found her, the one who would be his mate, and he could wait forever for her.
 
As the weeks passed, when he'd go out to watch her at night, he'd come closer. Not too close, so that she would see him, but close enough so that he could easily smell her delicious scent, see her more clearly. He just wished he could be there with her, to hold her, taste her.
 
Then, one night she noticed him.
 
It was purely accidental. He'd been so caught up in watching her that he wasn't as quiet with his steps, wasn't as careful. He'd stepped on a twig, snapping it loudly in the silent forest. She was immediately on her feet, a hand on the hilt of the sword she carried with her [1]; she never took her large boomerang with her at night.
 
Kouga almost smiled; she was such a warrior, always ready. She was so completely perfect.
 
She had yelled out, calling for whomever it was to show themselves, and Kouga obliged, stepping out of the shadows of the trees. Her brows had narrowed in confusion, obviously unsure why he was here, but she relaxed a little, though her hand stayed by her sword. She asked him what he was doing here, and before he could answer, she told him that Kagome wasn't here, that she had gone home. He smiled; he had them all completely fooled that it was Kagome he wanted. He had kept up the act merely so he could have an excuse to see Sango.
 
He told her that he wasn't here to see Kagome, and she asked why he was here. He wanted to tell her that he was here for her, but that even seemed a little too bold. So, he had just smiled at her, saying that it was for his own personal reasons. She appeared to become a little uncomfortable, her eyes darting around as though expecting some other demon to come bounding out of the trees at her, and her hand stayed gripped on her sword. Kouga chuckled a little, noticing this. “Relax,” he told her, slowly reaching an arm out to touch her bangs, to move them out of her eyes. “It's just me here.” He hair was so soft, and very fine.
 
She had blushed; he was just barely able to see the faint tinge on pink on her cheeks in the moonlight. Whether her blush was from his touch, or her realization of her foolishness, or both, Kouga didn't know. She apologized, but said she had to return to her group, to Inuyasha, the monk and the kitsune. He nodded, and, before stepping backwards to leave, he leaned in and whispered in her ear that he couldn't wait to see her again. Her blush had grown, Kouga noted as he disappeared into the trees.
 
The next few times he approached her were a little awkward. The very first time, Sango was quick to make an excuse to leave. But Kouga had been optimistic; he had only smelled nervousness on her, and there was no sign that she was repulsed by him. There was a good chance she did like him, Kouga fully believed. She always had the nervous scent on her when he came near during the first times he'd come up to her, though, as the weeks passed, it faded greatly until she was completely comfortable around him.
 
They'd talk, those nights, mostly about nothing. How his pack was doing, how the search for the jewel shards and Naraku was doing; it was all very formal. But, it was steps, he was making progress, or so he hoped. After a while, he noticed that she would, instead of going back to her camp when it grew too late, that she would head towards a stream or a hotspring. When he asked her about it, it was then that she told him that Inuyasha would smell his scent on her, and know that she had been with him. Initially, Kouga was hurt; she was ashamed of him? Apparently, she had got the look of hurt that had been on his face for half a second, and explained why. Inuyasha had gotten angry at his scent, had demanded to know why she had been with Kouga that first night, demanded to know where he was. It surprised Kouga; he hadn't realized that Inuyasha had despised him so much. Sango explained that it was because of how many times he had claimed Kagome for himself, that Inuyasha really loved Kagome, and couldn't stand that there was a rival for her love. Kouga merely rolled his eyes, muttering that he didn't actually love Kagome, didn't like her. Sango, of course, had been confused. `Why then', she asked, `do you tell her you do? Why come around so much if you don't like her?'
 
Kouga thought for a moment, wondering how to say it. Slowly, carefully choosing his words, he told her that there was another among her group that had caught his eye, that it was her that he had come to see when he pretended to want to be with Kagome, that he wanted to be with her, forever. She didn't respond at first, had kept her eyes on the grassy earth. The silence from her was unnerving; why didn't she say anything? Why wouldn't she tell him if she liked him, if she didn't? Kouga sat as patiently as he could, but as the moments passed, he began to grow nervous. Was she trying to find a gentle way of rejecting him? After several minutes, Kouga whispered her name, needing an answer. She looked up at him, and he saw such uncertainty in her eyes.
 
Quietly, she began to speak. She told him that she wasn't sure what she should do, what she should say, that she did like him, she did want to be with him, but she wasn't sure if it was the best thing. At the moment, she specified, at the moment, she wasn't sure it was the best thing. There was a lot going on for her; the search for Naraku, the jewel shards. She had to avenge her father's death, her entire village's deaths. She had to focus on that, she couldn't abandon her group. After Naraku was gone, then she could turn her attention to him.
 
Kouga understood. He had to avenge the death of his comrades. But, they could do it together, he told her. They could do it; she was strong enough, he was strong enough. She had just shaken her head, no. She couldn't leave Kagome or the others. They were her friends; she owed them so much.
 
`Then,' he had whispered, gently pulling her closer to him, `we can just…be together. You can stay with your clan, and I'll stay with mine. But, we can see each other whenever we're near.'
 
And that was what they had done ever since then. They'd meet in secret; well, it was only secret to Sango's group. Kouga's clan knew about it from the beginning, had seen him watching her at times. He hid nothing from his clan; there was no need.
 
He pressed soft kisses on the soft skin of her neck, whispering to her, telling her how much he wanted her to come back to the waterfall caves with him, come home with him. `Please', he begged, traveling back up to her lips. But, before he reached those soft lips she possessed, a new scent reached his lips, the scent of the monk. It was faint; the monk was still far away, but he was coming closer.
 
Kouga almost growled at his scent. He hated that monk; he had seen the way he looked at her, had seen him touch her. She had insisted that it was nothing to take seriously, when Kouga had first brought it up. He was just a lecher, she explained, he didn't actually like her, he wasn't a rival. That didn't matter to Kouga. She was his, not the stupid monk's. What right did that monk have to touch her, to even look at her? Sango was his.
 
Though, Sango wasn't officially his yet; he hadn't mated with her, hadn't made any claim on her yet. There was no sign on her that she was taken, that she couldn't be touched. He'd have to change that.
 
Rather hastily, he lapped at her neck, searching for the spot, the right spot to make his mark. Sango muttered his name; she obviously didn't like to be licked. Well, it'd all be over in a moment, and then he'd be able to rest easy, knowing that he wouldn't have to worry as much. Finding the spot, he sucked gently, warming the flesh, getting it ready, before he nipped at it, just enough to draw blood. She gasped; Kouga gave one last lick, to clean the blood away, then straightened up.
 
The monk was close now, very close. In half a moment, he'd see the two of the together. Kouga quickly kissed Sango, lingering beside her to brush her bangs out of her eyes.
 
“I smell a monk,” he said quietly.
 
 
XxXxXxXx
 
Wow! I didn't expect to get so many reviews! (well, it was just 16, but 16 is a lot for just one chapter, I think!) I'm so glad you all liked the first chapter, and I hope you liked this one; many of you requested a longer story. I'm also very pleased I fooled all (er…most) or you!
 
[1]- I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Sango does carry a sword with her. Just look at this picture: http://www. universomagicodragonball. hpg. ig. com.br /idolos /Kikyo /sango .gif (copy and paste it, then delete all the spaces.)
 
 
 
Demon Exterminator Barbie- (Hahaha, I love your penname) Ya, Kouga is hot….I mean, I don't have a crush on an anime character….
 
Animeluver- I adore Miroku as well. This started out (when I was planning it out in my head and on paper) as a Miroku/Sango fic (my absolute favorite Inu pairing), but then I was like, `heyyyyy, no one will expect a Kouga/Sango!' And thus, this story was born
 
Silent Sky- (though I believe I may have responded to your review in a convo or something) YES! Not angst! See? I can do other stuff!