InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha; all the rights go to the talented Rumiko Takashi.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Once upon a time, there was a cute girl whose father died when she was ten and when her little brother was five. Like every other normal person, the little girl grew up and at the age of 18 her mother told her she was dating someone, knowing her mother and knowing how much she loved her father the girl thought that her mother's new relationship wouldn't last. How wrong she was, her mother married the man after a year, neither of them wanted kids since they already had two kids. The man who married the girl's mother had two kids older than the girl from two different marriages, the girl only got to meet one of them who was two years older than the girl. He was a jerk, arrogant, stupid, badmouthed man and to tell you the truth, the girl and that badmouthed jerk hated each other instantly.
 
I bet you are asking yourself `and who are you to know all these things?' well, the story I'm telling you about is my story, the girl in fact is named Kagome Higurashi and that's my name. I'm about 5'4 and from all that the guys who have dated me told me, I think I'm pretty… scratch that, I'm pretty. But let's try to focus on the story, so now when I turned 26 I promised my mother I would get married but with the awful luck I had with men, my promise was not accomplished. You know that when you want to keep a promise like that you say `oh, okay… I'll do it next time' but that's not why I'm mad to myself.
 
A few days after my mother and my stepfather's funeral, I got a letter from my mother's lawyer, apparently my mother and my stepfather died in car accident and that's why I'm mad. My mother didn't live to watch me marry but once again, let's focus on the story. I went to the lawyer as he asked me and told me some kinda good news.
 
“Your mother left you her house” he told me while he was reading her will.
 
“Oh my god… are you serious?” I asked, I wasn't really excited, I was more shocked.
 
“Yes, it says that all her money will go to your brother Souta when he turns 21 and until then you are responsible for his money… the custody of this boy goes directly to your grandfather”
 
“But why would she leave me her house? What about Inutaishou's sons?” I wasn't worried about those bastards but I thought it was weird that I got that house.
 
You see, the reason why I was so shocked was because that house wasn't an ordinary house. It's really big and to live alone in that house it's scary, Inutaishou was very rich and he had the strange idea of taking me and Souta to live with him but since I was already big I got the chance to get an apartment, Souta did live in that house but now that this happened he's moving out and I was going to live in it.
 
“His sons will have his fortune, as his father wanted and I think…”
 
“So I really got that house all for myself?”
 
“Yeah but…”
 
“Thanks, I'm leaving…” I got out of his office before he could tell me something else.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
As I drove off to the big house, I cried. I was very sad because the last time I talked to my mother I couldn't tell her how much I love her or how grateful I am to be her daughter. When I got to that house, I was in time to watch Souta pack his things, it was the first time I saw Souta in 5 years.
 
“Are you okay Souta?” he nodded sadly.
 
“I can't believe this is really happening… she told me she would be back in a few hours and she…” I could sense my brother's tears near and I hugged him.
 
“It's okay, everything will be okay… you will live with grandpa”
 
“I guess that's a good thing…” he sniffed and kept on packing his things. “Inutaishou was a very nice man…”
 
“Yeah, I know… that's why mom married him”
 
“Then why do you hate him so much?”
 
“I don't hate him…” I said rubbing my eyes. “I hate his sons…”
 
“You barely met them”
 
“I did… and believe me; you don't want to meet Inuyasha”
 
Just pronouncing that name makes me mad; what's the best way to describe Inuyasha? He's a complete jackass. The day we met was the day of my mother's engagement party, at first I was very anxious to meet him, his father always talked so many good things about him but when I met him I just felt like killing him. He was a very rude man and as soon as he called me `wench' I knew that we couldn't be friends.
 
“Are you going to drive me to the shrine?” Souta asked.
 
“I think I'll stay here to decide what I'm going to do with this house and Sango wants to meet me for lunch” I lied, I wasn't going to stay on that house any longer. To tell you the truth the house scared me, but I was going to meet Sango for lunch.
 
“I'll take the bus then, bye sis… come to visit me sometime soon” he kissed me on the cheek as I hugged him.
 
“I'll try…” I smiled and he grabbed his things as he left the house.
 
I walked downstairs to look at the other rooms, I went to my mother's garden and for a moment I thought I heard the door opening. I told you that house scared me so I went back in and saw no one in but when I heard footsteps I decided to sell that house, I always felt it was haunted so I ran out the house and went to meet Sango for lunch. When I got to the restaurant we agreed to meet, she waved at me and I waved back as I walked to the table in she was.
 
“I thought you already forgot…” Sango told me as she drank some of her lemonade.
 
You must be wondering who is Sango, that would be my best friend. The two of us share an apartment and of course share the rent, she and I had been friends since high school and she had a boyfriend for about 3 years. The man was nice and all but sometimes he could be really perverted so I kept my distance with him.
 
“I had to go to my mother's lawyer office… I got her house” I explained.
 
“I'm sorry to hear about your mother… I never knew something like that could happen to her, she was so… nice” I felt some water on my eyes and I looked away.
 
“Anything could happen to anyone…” I said cleaning the tears that were about to fall.
 
“Let's change the subject, so what are you going to do about that house? I think you should move in…” I shook my head furiously.
 
“Oh god no! I could never live in it! It's so… scary!” I shivered a little when I remembered what happened to me previously.
 
“Well, the reason I wanted to have lunch with you today was because I'm moving out…” if life was a cartoon, my jaw would be on floor.
 
“But… but… if we don't share the apartment I could never afford the rent!” I said.
 
“I'm sorry but Miroku asked me to move in with him and I thought that would be a great idea… he had to do the same to his roommate and I think he is as pissed as you are” I sighed helplessly, I knew that day would come but I thought that I would end up getting a new roommate not in living in that horrible house!
 
“Well, I guess you're right… and congratulations about you and Miroku, I see the man actually changed” Sango nodded and sighed dreamily.
 
“Yeah… that's a good thing since now he is a gentleman” I smiled and we started eating.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After we paid the check, Sango went to her new apartment and I went back to my old apartment to get my things and go back to my new haunted house. As I packed my mind went back to that damn day I met Inuyasha.
 
“Hi I'm Kagome Higurashi…”
 
“Yeah… and who cares?”
 
“I thought we could be friends since my mother is…”
 
“Hey, I know that your mother is marrying my father… I don't want you to be happy or something, I don't want you to be my friend and I specially don't want you to call me `brother' now go away”
 
“I was just trying to be nice…”
 
“Listen, wench… if I wanted an annoying bitch like you as a friend I would hire a clown… even they are nicer, now leave me alone”
 
“He's such a jerk!” I yelled as I locked up my last suitcase.
 
I grabbed all my things and told the apartment owner that I was not coming back so I paid half of my rent since he told me that Sango had already paid hers. Was she just going to run away and leave me there without a notice? I think that was her original plan. I drove off to the house and noticed a car parked on the front, I didn't mind it and entered the house. I unpacked my things and placed everything on Souta's room, I could never sleep at my old mother's room I would get nightmares.
 
I walked in the bathroom to get a shower but first I need my shampoo, when I walked back to my room and grabbed my shampoo, my soap and my towel but when I went back to the shower and noticed that the water wasn't running I got scared and decided that I was going to sell that house as soon as possible. After my bath, I changed my clothes and I was ready to get something to eat when I got downstairs I noticed a can of ramen and a bowl in the sink. I thought Souta might eat it before he left and I prepared myself some real food. As I ate I heard some footsteps and to get myself relaxed I tried to scare the ghost or whatever it was that lived in that house.
 
“Go away!” I yelled and I heard the footsteps stopping. “Yeah! Run little bitch!”
 
After that I giggled a little, at first I was all scared and now I was about to kill the ghost but after I said that I heard the footsteps approaching the kitchen. I didn't want to let the ghost know I was scared so I grabbed a pan and turned off the lights, waiting for the ghost to come to the kitchen.
 
“Oi! Who are you calling a bitch?” I heard someone yelled and if it wasn't that I had my mouth covered I would have shrieked.
 
I was about to hit the ghost with a pan, I know, pathetic but I was really scared. So there I was about to hit the ghost when he turned the lights and revealed a man who I haven't seen since my mother's engagement party. I had to admit, he looked good. His silver hair looked brighter and seemed to be longer, his amber eyes where really cute something I didn't notice he had before he was a bit taller than me and he looked at me with disgust something that got me mad.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
 
“That question goes to you wench! What are you doing here?”
 
“This is…” the phone interrupted our argument, I grabbed the phone since it was closer to me and answered it. “Hello?”
 
“Kagome, it's so nice to hear you… I've wanted to tell you this but since you left so quick my office I didn't have the chance” I heard my mother's lawyer.
 
“Yes? Does it have anything to do with Inuyasha here in my house?” I asked.
 
“Actually, it's not your house… it's the house of both… your parents left it for you”
 
“THEY DID WHAT?!?”
 
 
A/N: I always wanted to write a first P.O.V but it didn't match with any other of my stories and now that I got the chance I said why not? LOL I hope you like it and please leave a review to tell me what you think! =)