InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If there was a word to describe how that night ended it would be… perfect. To tell you the truth, I think I'm in love. When he rescued me from that horrible monster and the girl he liked he asked me out for an ice cream, who thought he was so sweet? At first sight, he could tell how horrible my night was.
 
“You shouldn't be with guys you don't like… my best friend once set me a date like that and I just left, you should have done the same” I gave him by best smile trying to show how appreciated I was for his comprehension.
 
“I was so desperate to talk to my friend about…” I decided not to mention his name.
 
You see, for me Inuyasha was a forbidden word, something that shouldn't be named never. It was more like Harry Potter's villain so I decided to use a more appropriate name for the man who drove me crazy. But that didn't mean I couldn't say in his name in my head, just at loud since I couldn't stand pronouncing it. So just like Harry Potter's villain and my most hated person in the world, his name shouldn't be pronounced so my new nickname for him was…
 
“Voldemort…” he looked at me strange and nodded confused. “I'm a big Harry Potter fan…”
 
I tried not to sound crazy by saying that nickname for such an evil person like Voldemort (Inuyasha). Even if I tried to explain it to Hojo, he might never be able to understand it. He got a chocolate ice cream and I got a pistachio one.
 
“So, what else can you tell me about yourself Kagome?” I looked around the placed as I licked my ice cream.
 
“I don't know… I'm a journalist and I work at a network writing the news and give them to Vol… my co worker who presents the news at noon”
 
“That's fascinating… I wish my work was more exciting” I knew his work sucked, sorry but working at a pet store was nothing like to deserve an award. But I'm not that heartless.
 
“I found yours cute… I'd love to be with pets all the day” he chuckled and decided to explain me.
 
“Actually I want to be a veterinarian, I just work there since it's my father's business and it gives me the chance to work with animals”
 
After that, we kept on talking about our jobs, our lives and our goals. I mentioned my goal of getting married by 26 and he just couldn't believe I was 26, isn't he so cute? I of course, blushed and thanked him for the compliment. We sat in front of a fountain right at the park. We sat there in silence while we or maybe I stared at the beautiful diamond stars in the dark sky. I was about to mention him the night when he cut me off.
 
“You know what was the first thought that crossed my mind the first time I saw you?” he asked and I shook my head. “I thought `my dream has come true, I found a real angel who loves animals'”
 
Aw! Isn't Hojo so cute?! I know that is so cheesy and maybe he got that line from some corny movie but… it sounded so cute when he said it! I felt so flattered that I grabbed his hand and he turned his look to me.
 
“I think… I think I should go home, it's getting late and I have to work…” I explained as I blushed and gave him a nervous smile.
 
“Of course, I'll join you to your house…” he got up and pulled me up by my hand, such a gentleman.
 
We walked to my horrible house in silence, I didn't dare to say a word while he grabbed my hand and swayed it as we walked. I felt my cheeks so hot that they were about to explode. When we finally got to the horrible house in which I resided, we stopped and I waited for him to say goodbye.
 
“Well… thanks for everything tonight, you totally saved my night…” I smiled and he nodded.
 
“It was nothing, so…” he moved closer to me and I did the same.
 
“So?” I asked as we both moved closer to each other.
 
Finally, I got to the most beautiful part of the night. The part in which my date ended and I got a kiss from the person for who I was falling. His lips were soft and I could remember the kiss being sweet and gentle, it lasted less than 30 seconds but it was kind enough like to be remembered. Something I didn't like was the fact that as soon as his lips crashed on mines I thought `I wonder how a kiss with Inuyasha will feel like'.
 
“Goodnight” he said as he walked out, I got in my house immediately and I started jumping of happiness.
 
The last thing I remember was feeding Kirara and getting in the couch to sleep. That was one of the best nights of my life.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Did I ever mention that I'm not that much of a drinker? Well, that gave me another headache to remember that day and to have two aspirins. I went downstairs to find Inuyasha in his boxers reading the newspaper, disgusting. Well, not that much since he had such a built body and a toned skin and perfect shaped legs and great pecs and… agh! Eugh! No more disgusting thoughts.
 
“Morning…” he said as he ate some of his disgusting ramen.
 
“Good morning…” I replied and soon the phone rang, I ran to grab it and heard the voice of my date.
 
“Hi Kagome…” Hojo greeted me and I smiled.
 
“Hey… what's up?” I asked with a big smile, Inuyasha looked back at me and kept on eating his ramen.
 
“I wasn't able to stop thinking about you so I decided to take you out tonight… what do you think?” I thought about it for a second.
 
“Sure, see you tonight Hojo… bye!” I hung up and went to prepare my breakfast.
 
“By the way… Yura called, we are not working today she mentioned something about taking the day off so…” he swallowed what he had in his mouth and kept talking. “You don't have to go to the office today and my brother called he wanted me to tell you that you are invited to his engagement party”
 
“Engagement party? I thought he was already engaged…” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Only relatives know about it, he wants to announce it to everyone…” he explained and I went to the living room to pick what would I wear that night.
 
After looking through tons of dresses and skirts I decided that I should wear something not so elegant, I picked a jean and a tank top since he didn't mention anything about going to a nice restaurant or anything. When I was going to pick the clothes for Sesshomaru's engagement party, I saw Inuyasha there. He had on black board shorts, a white t-shirt and a black cap.
 
“What are you looking at wench?”
 
“Nothing…” I replied and I was looking at a light blue dress when he interrupted.
 
“You better wear something not that elegant, it's a barbeque…” he said and I sighed.
 
“When is this thing anyway?”
 
“Right now” my eyes widened.
 
“Now?! Why didn't you say so?!” I panicked and picked the first thing I saw which was a short jean skirt and a white thin t-shirt, I ran to the bathroom and changed.
 
When I was out, Inuyasha stared at my with his mouth open. I double checked my outfit and noticed that it looked good, so what was his complain now? I decided to bring him back to earth.
 
“Hello? Aren't we supposed to be going to Sesshomaru's house?” he shook his head and nodded.
 
“Yeah… let's go” he said and with one last look at me, he went to his car along with me.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Sesshomaru's house was so far from ours, it took 5 hours for us to get there… plus traffic. The house was okay, it was a little bit smaller than the one in which I resided but it had the world's biggest yard. Sesshomaru had too many friends or maybe they were press, whatever… tons of people were out there and they all had something nice except for me and Inuyasha. I felt so out of place for a moment till a girl with black hair and a excited attitude.
 
“Hi! I'm Rin… Sesshy's fiancé and… Inuyasha!” she soon jumped and gave Inuyasha a choking hug.
 
“Hey Rin… so how are things with my brother?” she had a smile so big I thought she was the joker from batman.
 
“Great! Couldn't be better… so you must be Inuyasha's girlfriend! You're so cute!” she said and shook my hand, I blinked a few times and I shook my head.
 
“No… he…”
 
“Yeah, she's my adorable girlfriend” he smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek.
 
“Awesome! So I'll see you later, I gotta greet the other guests” Rin ran away and as soon as she fled I decided to get some explanations.
 
“Me? Your girlfriend?!” I started laughing and Inuyasha did the same.
 
“Yeah, I'm too good looking like to pick a wench like you…” I stopped laughing and he smiled. “Look, if you do this for me I'll do whatever you want for the rest of the day… but please help me”
 
“Why? You never do things for me…” he rolled his eyes.
 
 
“I promise I will do whatever you want if you help me everyone believe you're my girlfriend, if not Rin will try to introduce me to her horrible friends…” I thought about it for a second, what would I do that?! Inuyasha hates me and I hate him, why should I help? And he added. “Please?”
 
I looked at him for a few seconds, I had two options:
 
1. To ignore Inuyasha's pleading and let him suffer with Rin's friends or…
 
2. Save Inuyasha's day and pretend to be his girlfriend although that will include be with him, hug him and maybe kiss him…
 
Hm… I like #1 better, but I'm not a heartless monster and something in my inside told me that maybe I could take advantage of this situation and then something wanted me to be with Inuyasha all day. I sighed and nodded.
 
“Alright… but! You will do whatever I want during the whole day…” he nodded.
 
“Whatever it's worth your silence, thanks Kagome!” he gave me a short kiss on the lips before leaving.
 
I was completely and totally shocked and confused. Did he mean that kiss? Did he make a mistake? It was only for about a second but that second my heart beat so fast, some sparks ran through my body and the most important or scary… was that I almost fainted, it was the best kiss I ever had. Now I know that what I felt for Hojo wasn't love… this is what love feels like.
 
 
A/N: I am the only idiot who gets sick like very week?! Gosh I hate winter!!! Thank god spring is coming soon… or at least I hope so… anyway! this gives me a nice excuse to skip school… review please!!! =)