InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The trip back home was silent, like if I had something good to say about that night. I realized that I had some feelings for Inuyasha, yeah… I know, he's my step brother is against moral and blah blah blah. You wouldn't say the same until something like this happens besides, it's not like we are related; his father married my mother period. When Inuyasha was about to kiss me, I just stopped him because… we can't be together, we are like oil and water… we could never mix. As he drove back home, I stared at him almost the whole trip. When I was ready to explain to him, as soon as I opened my mouth he held his hand up.
 
“I don't want to hear anything… just pretend it never happened” he said without taking his eyes off the road.
 
“Pretend it never happened?” I echoed and he nodded. “I can't… it's just that I stopped you because…”
 
“I don't want to hear it…” he cut me off. “There's no need for an explanation”
 
I don't know why Inuyasha was acting this way, normally he would have called me wench and told me that he never meant to try to kiss me but… this time, I could feel something inside him wasn't okay. Our way back was faster than our way to Sesshomaru's house, it took us 2 and a half hours to get back. He soon got out of the car and slammed the door when he was out, I stared at him again as he made his way into the house, slamming each door he found on his way. I finally reacted and got out; I was still wearing Rin's dress and decided to go to room to search for something less elegant. Once I was down, I grabbed the phone and called Hojo to tell him to pick me up in half an hour.
 
“Enjoy your date wench…” he said before going up to Souta's room, I sighed and soon the door bell rang.
 
“Hi Kagome… you look great” Hojo greeted and I faked a smile.
 
“Hey… you look good too, let's go” I almost pulled him to his car and soon we went to a nice Mexican restaurant.
 
As Hojo talked about some random unimportant things, I played that almost-kiss scene on my head over and over again, looking for the explanation in which I preferred to be with Hojo in this boring date than to be with Inuyasha dancing in a fancy party. Soon, Hojo noticed that I wasn't really listening to him and decided to ask me about my problems.
 
“Nothing… just some random things, my step brother between some other stuff” I smiled and he nodded.
 
“Would you rather continue this date some other time? I can feel you are not with me but with your problems…” I realized that Hojo was just a good friend, he was always caring but I couldn't do something so rude.
 
“No, I'm really enjoying this…” I smiled wider and he nodded.
 
The date was normal and then we were back to my door and about to say our goodbyes, I noticed that Hojo was about to kiss me when I stopped him.
 
“Sorry, I must have a terrible breath after what I ate…” I said and regretted my words but at least that way I would keep Hojo from kissing me.
 
“No, its okay…” he moved closer and I went back.
 
“I just don't think that we should kiss…” I explained and he nodded.
 
“Sure, whenever you're ready…” he said and gave me a kiss on the forehead. “Goodnight”
 
I went inside and soon I noticed Inuyasha looking through the window, it seemed he was searching for someone. I thought it was funny and I touched his shoulder lightly and he almost jumped through the roof. I giggled and he gave me an angry smile, he closed the curtains and I placed my hands on my hips.
 
“Well?” I asked.
 
“Well what wench?” he replied and I rolled my eyes.
 
“You were spying on me…”
 
“Yeah, don't flatter yourself wench… I thought I heard a burglar trying to get in, I was just trying to make sure…” I sighed.
 
“Inuyasha…” he looked back at me and I stuttered. “Why… why did you… did you kiss me?”
 
“What are you talking about?” he asked and I felt embarrassed.
 
“Before… when you asked me to pretend to be your girlfriend… you kissed me on the lips” I said and he looked at me confused.
 
“Kissed you? You shouldn't drink anymore wench…” he said and went upstairs.
 
My whole world went black for a few seconds, did I really imagined everything? Did that really never happened? I couldn't believe it; I could swear I felt his soft lips over mines in a short kiss that made me melt… Oh! Right, pretend it never happened… I get it. I sighed heavily, I just had to ruin it… whatever; I didn't want to think about it anymore. I went to grab my pajamas and slept on the couch.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
A new morning, as usual I dressed for work and went to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. I thought about making something for Inuyasha but I remembered how bad he hates my cooking. I sighed as I hate my breakfast; a few minutes before I was done with it Inuyasha showed up, poured some coffee in a mug and drank it without saying a word. I always feel uncomfortable with long silences so I finally broke it.
 
“Could you tell Rin that I will give her the dress back as soon as possible?” I asked and he looked at me confused.
 
“Do it yourself wench…” he said and sipped more of his coffee.
 
“But I don't have Rin's phone number…”
 
“Don't worry, she's coming here tomorrow night with my brother…” he replied and I got confused.
 
“Wait, what?” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Are you deaf? Sess and Rin are coming over tomorrow night…” he repeated and I rolled my eyes.
 
“I heard you the first time… why?”
 
“Because Rin thought it was necessary to `meet Inuyasha's new girlfriend!' agh…” he said trying to imitate Rin's voice.
 
I sighed and nodded; he finished his coffee and went over to the office. I finished my breakfast as soon as possible and followed him. By the time I was in the there, I could hear some giggling coming from my office. To my surprise, the whore I mean Yura was inside MY office along with Inuyasha. She was sitting on top of MY desk and when I entered she stopped. She got off my desk and pretended to be serious.
 
“I'll see you later Inuyasha” she said and gave him a wink.
 
“Sure, how about tonight?” my jaw opened instantly, what a nerve! He kisses me and then he is dating someone else!!!
 
“Oh really? Well, I don't know… you just told me with such a short notice…” she always does the same, she pretends to be sorry and then suddenly she becomes happy again and agrees. “But I guess we could!”
 
“Awesome, I'll pick you up at 20?” she nodded and wrote something on a small piece of paper.
 
“Here's my address and under it is my phone number… bye Inu!” she blew him a kiss and gave her a small smile.
 
I rolled my eyes and picked up the papers that belonged to Inuyasha and gave them to him. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him after everything that happened between us, the fake couple thing, the kiss, the attempt of kiss, me ruining the moment, etc. I sat on my desk when soon I felt his eyes on me; I looked at him with the corner of my eye to reveal that he was thinking about something, he looked so innocent. A couple of hours later we were out of work and I was going to my car when I saw the slut with Inuyasha.
 
“Oh, Inu… I can't wait for our date tonight…” she said as she placed her arms around his neck.
 
“Me neither, call me Yash…” Agh! That was MY nickname for him! How dare he?! But then again, it wasn't like if I named him and told him `from now only I'm the only one who can call you Yash' so whatever, besides… I didn't care… well, maybe a little.
 
“Okay Yash, would you mind taking me to the bus station? My car isn't working and I have to take the bus…” she explained as she twisted her hair.
 
Oh, for Christ sakes! Couldn't she make a better excuse? `my car isn't working' agh! She used that same damn trick with Bankotsu, please God… let Inuyasha be a little bit smarter or at least let him use his brain this time and let him say…
 
“Sure, hop in” he interrupted my praying but I knew anyway that Inuyasha wasn't going to get away from Yura.
 
She went to the seat and I saw them leave, I sighed again like I did the whole day. I know that there's something that I feel for Inuyasha, I'm not sure that it is what I think it is but I just don't want to look at him with other girls. I was kicking myself for not kissing him that night and telling him how important he is for me, I was so jealous that day… that I cried my heart out as I went back to the house. As soon as I entered, I decided to forget about everything that happened that night. If Inuyasha wanted to forget it, I might as well do the same. I checked the answering machine to reveal that I had to messages, or maybe Inuyasha had but either way I would tell him, except if they were from Yura.
 
`Hey Inu, it's Kikyo… I just wanted to know what happened to you because I've been calling you since yesterday and you haven't answered my calls, anyway please call me… bye' Hm, should I tell him his ex called? He better check the message later.
 
`Kagome, it's me Kouga, sorry for not calling… I was out of town making a documentary for the new magazine I'm working for… maybe if you're not too busy we could go out tonight what do you say babe? Call me' ah, that's why I love friends, they never mess with your hearts.
 
I sent Kouga a text message and told him to pick me up at 19:30 but then he said he would be busy and told me he would be picking me up at 20. I wanted to forget about everything that had happened during these two days, all I want is to have a nice dinner with Kouga without any disturbance. I didn't care if that meant to listen to him flirting with me, or telling me how much he liked me. The only thing I wanted that night was to be with someone who would never forget a special moment we lived. Inuyasha might have thought that it was just a kiss, but I thought it was one of the most wonderful moments in my life… and when he pretended that never happened, he broke something in me.
 
 
 
A/N: I didn't feel like writing today… everything is messed up in my life, my parents want to send me away next year to live with my aunt at Ecuador so I can learn Spanish… they said it would be good for me but I would be leaving so many of my friends and more back here, it might be only for a year but for me it would be an eternity and… I don't know if I'm going to be able to write or update and that gets me gloomy and affects my writing… anyway guys, review if you feel like it.