InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ inuyasha ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It's over!” I heard her yell for the thousand time; I threw away my magazine and sighed.
 
“Will you two please stop playing those games? It's getting annoying” I said and Souta hit me softly on the shoulder.
 
“You became bitter ever since you started dating my sister” I saw her hit him and I kissed her cheek. “Don't you ever do that again”
 
“Jesus Souta, it was an innocent kiss on the cheek” Kagome said and he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Whatever, I better get going… my classes start in a few minutes, bye sis… bye Inuyasha”
 
Kagome moved back with me and everything seemed to go back to normal, she got her old job back because she doesn't want Yura near me. I don't care… as if I would look at that whore when I have her. The two of us have spent the last 5 months without troubles, except for our little arguments about food or what the hell is she wearing. I swear some day I'll pick all her tank tops and chop them into pieces, is not that I don't like those things, I just don't like other men staring at her. She also likes to fight me when I talk to a girl; she always says that if I make her to wear anything I want then she can decide to whom I talk to. I heard the doorbell and went to open it, my brother and his new bride had been on a honeymoon for nearly two months and now they came to visit us every damn weekend, I just don't like to see Sesshomaru that often.
 
“Inuyasha!” Rin hugged me tightly and I tried to breathe.
 
“Hi… guys” I said and she pulled away from me. “It's good to see you Rin, not the same to you Sess”
 
“Very funny idiot” I smiled and heard someone squeal, I thought it was Rin since she was closer to me and because she is the only one able to break the windows with her shrieks.
 
“Kagome!” she said and went to hug her too.
 
“Hey guys… I didn't know it was time for lunch yet” Kagome looked at her watch as Rin shook her head.
 
“We accidentally came here earlier, besides I wanted to check my favorite couple… how are you guys doing?” Rin asked and I sighed annoyed.
 
“Um… good?” Kagome answered and Sesshomaru chuckled.
 
“Rin, you are annoying them” she looked back at him furious, I tried not to laugh but a small giggle escaped my mouth. “I'm just telling you the truth… I hate your damn hormones”
 
“Huh?” I asked and she squealed.
 
“I think we might be pregnant” Sesshomaru arched his brow.
 
“Why the hell did they invented `we are pregnant'? I'm not having the baby, I'm just his father” I laughed about that one, Rin hit me and my brother.
 
“Hush Sesshy” Kagome hugged Rin lightly.
 
“Congrats, but why aren't you sure?” she sighed.
 
“Because I'm only two weeks late and if I'm not I don't want to be that excited” I looked at my watch.
 
“Why don't we keep this conversation at the restaurant?” I asked and everyone nodded, I drove my car with Kagome and Sesshomaru drove his with Rin by his side.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
I looked at my menu as I tried to find something to eat, Kagome was sitting next to me and I had my hand on her knee. She smiled lightly at me; I was lost in her big brown eyes. I loved to do that, I loved to look at her and then remember the many moments we had lived together. Rin's humming woke me up from my thoughts; she was singing a song as she picked what to eat. Kagome grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly; I sighed and looked up to the sky. It was a clear day and the sun rays hit us directly. I saw the waitress coming.
 
“Hi, I'm Emina and I'll be your waitress today, may I take your order?” I looked at the girl who was our waitress; I was just looking her because she had the same eye color and some kind of the same hair color of Kagome.
 
“I'll have a chicken salad” Rin said and Kagome looked back at me.
 
“Are you going to eat something or are you just going to keep looking at the waitress?” she asked and I rolled my eyes.
 
“Sorry… I'll have ramen and my beautiful lover will have the same” Kagome was about to say something but I pressed my lips against hers.
 
“Okay, you sir?” the waitress asked and Sesshomaru yawned.
 
“I'll have a steak… broiled” she nodded.
 
“I'll be right back” she took our menus away and went to the kitchen.
 
“Okay guys… I know you might be busy enjoying your relationship but how long have you two been together?” Rin asked and Kagome smiled.
 
“Well… actually only for 5 months, your dear brother in law lied to you when he told you we were a couple… the first time I met you” I wanted to cover Kagome's mouth since I thought Rin would kill me but she only laughed.
 
“You hated my friends that much? Why didn't you say so? I know they can be a pain in the butt…” I sighed heavily, after all those years of dating annoying girls I finally know that all I had to do was to say `I don't want to be with any of your friends', I'm such an idiot.
 
“At least you don't have to deal with them now that you have a girlfriend, I see them very often” my brother's wife rolled her eyes.
 
“Sesshy… if you don't want to see them either, you don't have… I'll go out with them once in a month” he smiled.
 
“And can I say the same about your mother?” she sighed annoyed.
 
“No, we are going to visit her every week” I laughed at my brother again. “So… you two, have you thought about getting married?”
 
Kagome choked out of nowhere, I was very shocked too and I tapped her back lightly till she breathed normally again. She thanked me with a look and we both stared at Rin.
 
“Well… actually… we…”
 
“I'm thinking about it” I said and she looked at me shocked.
 
“You are?” she asked and I nodded. “I feel dumb now because I thought that since we are just dating that was too soon”
 
“Really? Because I…”
 
“You two should leave that conversation for later” Rin interrupted me and I frowned. “I don't want to be here when it gets ugly”
 
“Whatever…” I mumbled.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Rin always had a way of making me feel insecure, first my relationship with Kagome and now marriage. Yeah, I thought about it a few times… well, maybe a lot of times. So what if I feel Kagome is the woman I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life? It shouldn't be weird, we've been together for 5 months but I've been struggling with her for a long time. I just felt unsafe about that because of her answer, Kagome said it was too soon so if I asked her to marry me, not that I plan on doing it at this moment… will she say yes or no? It bugged me the whole afternoon, we returned to home and Sess took a seat next to me while Rin and Kagome went to grab ice cream.
 
“So what did you tell her?” he asked, I merely shrugged my shoulders.
 
“I don't know what you're talking about” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Kagome didn't take you back for nothing… unless she likes jerks, so how did you lose her and how did you get her back?” I arched my brow.
 
“Why do you think it was me who did something?” I asked and she sighed annoyed.
 
“Please, your `what is love' questions were very obvious… never mind, I bet you bought her roses or something” I shook my head.
 
“Not really, I bet you did that when you wanted to apologize to Rin but instead you ended up marrying her” he shook his head.
 
“No, I married her because I love her not because I'm dumb like you and ask girls to marry me because I'm desperate” we heard the girls coming towards us.
 
“Okay, we'll see each other next weekend” Kagome nodded as Rin kissed her cheek.
 
“Bye Sess, bye Rin”
 
I waved at my brother while Rin choked me with one of her hugs; they walked out of the house. Kagome sat on the couch and yawned, I smiled as I placed my arm around her shoulders and kissed her lips lightly. The kiss was getting deeper when she pushed me away gently, I looked at her puzzled.
 
“Did you really mean it?” she asked me and I kept the same look.
 
“What are you talking about?” she looked away.
 
“Well… about us, getting married… did you really mean it?” I thought about it for a second and let out a big sigh.
 
“I don't know… I just don't want you to feel as I'm pressuring you, I want you to say yes because you want to and not because you feel as if I want to hear it” she looked back at me.
 
“But I want the same thing you want and I don't know if you want it as much as I want it because that's what you want me to want” I was about to ask her what the hell did she just said but she just shook her head. “Sorry, I got dizzy… the point is that, well if you wanted me to marry you I… I would”
 
“Really?” I asked and she nodded. “What if I asked you to marry me? Right now”
 
“I would say no” I looked at her confused.
 
“Why the hell not?!” she giggled.
 
“Because I want it to be romantic… not in this enigmatic conversation and besides, I need more time” I rolled my eyes.
 
“Alright, you want romance?” she nodded. “You have it”
 
I ran to her mother's back yard and grabbed a couple of flowers and ran back inside, I tried to appear cool and hid them behind my back.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, will you not marry me in this exact moment?” I asked and she laughed as she blushed deeply.
 
“Yes Inuyasha, I accept your proposal of marrying you later on” I kissed her and grabbed her bridal style.
 
“Now all we need is a romantic soundtrack and you have your so called romance” I said and she kissed me.
 
“Stop being a jerk, just kiss me and end this charade” I smiled.
 
“You got it”
 
I kissed her deeply and very passionately as I held her in my arms, she tried to hold me tighter and I tried to do the same but we ended up falling in the floor next to the stair case. I laughed as I watched her smile at me so innocently, I grabbed her fiercely and pulled her face closer to mine and we continued our kiss. So there you have it and then we sold our story and made ourselves famous and now we live at a really big expensive mansion in a private island we bought… not really, but I am very happy with her and as long as I have her with me, that's all it matters. We may not live happily ever after because happiness never comes attached to love, you may be in love but that doesn't tells you that you will be happy. Either ways, me and Kagome are still together and even though I thought I hated her with all my heart, suddenly love hit me and it was all it took to make me realize that she is the one… the one with which I will live in that huge house for the rest of my life. And you know something else? I just fucking love it.
 
 
THE END =)
 
 
A/N: *cries A LOT* that is the end, I enjoyed writing every single chapter of this fic and I wish I was still writing the first chapter, so this time no matter how many times you beg me there will be NO SEQUEL… oh right before I forget there are a few people I would like to give some special thanks, because they took the time to review most or all of the chapters:
 
angel-up-above-heaven
miley
Nyuka
shipporinKIMS11
 
Just one little more thing, I never said I was insecure about this story but… at first, I thought people would hate it and I wasn't even going to post it… ironic, isn't it? Turned out to be a big success… lol!!! Thanks to everyone else for reviewing and of course for reading my story, don't forget to read my other stories and to keep reviewing please!!! =) Till next time…