InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ kagome ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: *cries* I don't want this to end!!!!!!! I feel so sad… I never thought that I would like this story that much… *cries more* I wish I could go on forever… but well, so if you're wondering why I updated so fast it is because I'm going for a few days to the beach… I'm finally taking some vacations from this and well, I thought that when I came back it would be nice to find out that you guys reviewed *hint* so anyways, I'm off to my vacations and review please!!! =) *crying again* one more chapter!!! T_T
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
It took me a long time to know what to write, I wanted something nicely so he knew that I did love him but then… I just didn't know what to write. I wrote 3 letters and between the three of them I made up my mind about one and burned the other two. If I remember correctly the first one was like this: I love you but maybe some time apart won't harm, it's necessary between us and I wish it wasn't like that but it's the best for our relationship. The reason I didn't pick that one was because it seemed to cheesy, I didn't want to add more drama to our lives so then I wrote another which was kinda like this: I'm leaving and I don't want you to call me, look for me or see me in a few days or even months…I don't even know if I want to see you again, bye. That seemed too heartbreaker and I didn't want him to be even more emotionally wounded, if he was… I mean, he could be happy about this. Maybe I'm the only one who is suffering in this whole thing but… then I thought that what if I got rid of that part; I mean I had told him that our relationship was over. What would I do if when I got back home saw him with another girl? Will I be able to handle the pain and keep going with my life? And that's when I remembered Souta's idea. I grabbed my cell phone and called my brother.
 
“Hello?” he said and I let out a sigh, it was now or never.
 
“Hey Souta… I was thinking about what you told me, you know about moving in with you” I heard my brother gasp.
 
“Really sis?” I did my best to smile, I should be happy with that but somehow or I should say someone was making me feel bad.
 
“Yeah… and you know what? I can't wait… are you busy?” I asked and I heard him hesitate.
 
“I'm at my girlfriend's house… why?”
 
“Nothing, I was just going to ask you to help me move in with you”
 
“You know what? I'll be at your house in 5 minutes” I nodded.
 
“Alright, bye” I hung up and sat in the kitchen table as I thought the best way of letting Inuyasha know that I was moving out.
 
It was 20 when I was still there and he wasn't home yet, I thought it was good because I wouldn't have the courage to tell him face to face that I was leaving the house. Finally, I decided that best way to tell him was to be short and precise so I wrote what I thought of doing the first time I entered the house: I'll sell you the other part of the house; please contact my lawyer for more information. Please don't look for me. I debated myself whether I should sign love Kagome or I should leave it as Kagome. I looked at the letter many, many times and I still couldn't figure out how to end all this. I sighed and scratched the side of my head, I was about to sign it when I heard the doorbell. I opened to see my brother with a few boxes in his hands.
 
“Hey… I didn't think you were that eager” he giggled lightly as he entered inside.
 
“I thought that we shouldn't come back to pick up more of your things” I nodded and he went up to his old room where I kept my things, I knew I shouldn't have told him I broke up with Inuyasha. Souta was very overprotective.
 
After a long time packing my stuff, I was ready to leave. I checked my clock and it read midnight. I was scared that something wrong might have happened to Inuyasha but as I put the boxes inside my car and Souta's car I didn't have time to call but another part of me said that I shouldn't call him even if I could. Once we were done with that I entered to the house one last time. I looked around me and I remembered the first time I was in there and I thought that Inuyasha was a ghost, I giggled a little with that and I also remembered the many times I found him with Kikyo, I got angry at that. I remembered the time the lights went off and I felt his strong arms surrounding me, I smiled dreamily at that.
 
“Are you ready to go?” my brother asked as he pulled me out of my memories.
 
“Yeah… you go ahead, I'll follow you shortly” I said and he nodded, I went to the kitchen and I finally left my note next to the bedroom and signed it with Kagome. With that, I thought I was ready to push him out of my life.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
For two and a half weeks, Souta and I were happily living together. But of course, I eventually thought about Inuyasha… not eventually, like almost everyday and every time. I asked Totousai to change me from the midday news to the night news, that way I wouldn't find Inuyasha and talk to him again although everyday I wished to crash with him on the street and tell him that I want to move back with him. But I was so weak and afraid to see his reaction that all those thoughts remained as fantasies and mostly part of my dreams at night. I sighed as I made my brother's lunch; he came to the apartment everyday at 15 it was when he was over with his classes. My birthday was near and Souta went out and bought me a cell phone, it changed my number and I thought he did it only because he didn't want Inuyasha calling me. Souta entered our place right when I was washing the pots. He sniffed and smiled.
 
“I know… you did fried chicken and salad” I nodded as I faked a smile and he kissed my cheek. “Have I told you that you are the best sister ever?”
 
“Yeah… but it never gets old” he chuckled and I hugged him lightly. “I'm going to call Sango; I haven't talked to her in ages”
 
“Alright” he said as he stuffed in his mouth a piece of chicken.
 
I entered my room and pulled out my new cell phone to call Sango. I called 5 times having no answer. I was about to go out and ask my brother how was his day when I heard my cell phone rang, I looked at the number and it was my best friend calling me.
 
“Hey, I called you… why didn't you answer?” I asked and she let out a frustrated sigh.
 
“I'm sorry, first I didn't know it was you and second I was arguing with my boyfriend… the bastard is still convinced my PMS is the reason I'm always mad at him” I tried not to laugh but a giggle came out of my mouth. “Ha ha… very funny, your friend is having relationship problems…”
 
“It's not that… sorry, so how you've been?” I heard her sigh.
 
“I've been better… I've been worst, what about you?” I thought about it and let out the same sigh she did a few seconds ago.
 
“The same… I just wanted to let you know that I changed my cell phone number, actually Souta changed it for me but whatever… and I'm not living at that house anymore I…”
 
“I know… that man has been a wreck ever since you left him” Inuyasha? Was he really that miserable without me? I was very happy, not because he was miserable! But because it meant that he really cared about me… but was that the same as loving me?
 
“Please, promise me you will never tell him… I just don't want to see him”
 
“Never again?” she asked and I bit my bottom lip as I decided.
 
“I don't know…” I finally said and she sighed.
 
“I can see that you are in a big trouble… what did you say?” it was my turn to sigh.
 
“I told him I love him, he scared, a misunderstanding… big deal, I just don't feel like talking about that right now… maybe at a café when you and I are together… and alone of course”
 
“How about tomorrow?” she asked and I smiled.
 
“Perfect… see you tomorrow at the café near your place”
 
“Alright, take care Kagome” I smiled widely and nodded.
 
“You too, bye Sango” I hung up and went out to look at my brother who had already finished eating, he was sitting
 
“What are you watching?” I asked and he shot me a quick glare.
 
“I don't know… I don't feel like watching it either, I have a date in half an hour” he gave me the remote and went to the bathroom. “If Hitomi calls, tell her I'm on my way”
 
I nodded and flipped the channels, I could hear the water running and I thought about going out for a few minutes. I never liked being alone anywhere partly because I get scared of the dark and because I always thought a burglar could come in and something might happen, like get kidnapped or hurt. It was cold outside so I grabbed a scarf and put it around my neck before going out. I opened the door and I was that surprised that I couldn't even speak. Like the first time I saw him, I was more shocked than any other thing. He looked at me with his golden orbs and half smiled as I tried to appear normal.
 
“What… how… why are you here?” I finally managed to push out my mouth and he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I needed to clear things up” he said and looked at me intensively. “Can I…?”
 
“Kagome! Could you bring me a towel please?” Souta yelled and Inuyasha seemed to be disappointed.
 
“I clearly did a mistake coming here… I'm sorry” he muttered before walking away.
 
“Wait!” I yelled as I followed him, we reached the elevator. Inuyasha entered but the doors closed in front of my face. “Damn!”
 
I didn't know what he wanted to tell me or why he showed up at that moment, but I just wanted to be with him for a while. I tried to run as fast as I could downstairs, we lived in the 7th floor and by the time I was down, he had left in his car. I cursed myself for not being faster and I went back to my apartment. Souta was already dressed and I didn't even want to know how he came out of the bathroom without using a towel. He was putting on his shoes and looked back at me a bit worried.
 
“Who came?” he asked and I shook my head.
 
“I don't know… when I opened the door there was no one” he nodded.
 
“Then why weren't you here when I called for you?” I smiled a little and faked some giggles.
 
“Because I didn't want to hand you a towel” he looked mad.
 
“What a great sister…” he mumbled and grabbed his jacket, he kissed my cheek. “I'll be back later… see you sis”
 
“Bye” I said as I watched him go out the door.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
I was there left alone, I didn't feel like cooking my dinner so I called to a pizza place. I asked for two large pepperoni pizzas, I don't eat that much but my brother is like a freaking vacuum cleaner. After half an hour of flipping the channels without finding something useful to watch, the doorbell rang and I thought my pizza had arrived. I just found Inuyasha out there again.
 
“It's you” I said and he looked at me intensively. “How did you know I was living here?”
 
“Sango wrote me your address in a paper” he said, Sango was clever… I told her not to tell him but I never said anything about writing him where I was.
 
“Oh… well, why are you here again?” I asked and he sighed.
 
“I just… I needed to tell you what I couldn't say a few hours ago” he said and I closed the door to stop the TV sounds from hearing him.
 
“What is it?” I asked and he took a deep breath.
 
“When I got here the first time I thought that I should ask you why you left me and why you wanted me to keep the house… then I thought that it didn't matter anymore because if I came here and cleared things up with you then everything would go back to normal so I came here and then I blacked out and stared at your door for a few minutes as I tried to think about something to tell you and I…”
 
“Inuyasha, stop running in circles” I said and he let out a deep sigh.
 
“I realized that all the jealousy and all the stupid lies I made up as I tried not to hurt you were all because I had such strong feelings for you and I wasn't able to express them because I was afraid not that you didn't return the feeling but of saying those three miserable words because I never ever pronounced them in my life and many times I asked myself why was I so damn stupid and then when I finally got the chance to tell you, you are gone and I thought my life was even more miserable but now that you are here in front of me and listening to everything I say I just have one or I should say four words to say” he was talking so fast that I barely heard them coming out, I blinked twice and smiled.
 
“What?” I asked and he came closer to me.
 
“I love you Kagome” he said and I held back my tears of joy, I was waiting for that a whole time and now I finally heard them. “I'm completely in love with you and I don't want you to leave me because I don't know if I can live without you”
 
I was speechless, there was nothing that I could think about saying or doing at that moment. I just looked at his bright golden eyes as I tried hard not to cry but being the emotional wreck I am, I just let a few tears fall. He smiled and cleaned them gently from my face, I smiled back and he moved closer to me.
 
“So now that I gave you the longest speech… how cheesy will it be if I kissed you right now?” he asked and I blushed.
 
“From the scale of 1 to 10?” I asked and he nodded. “100… but I would want you to do it anyways”
 
And so he did, he kissed me so feverishly that I could only manage to kiss him back with the same passion he did. For a long time we were locked with each others mouth pulling away for air just when necessary. I played with his tongue and I giggled as he nibbled my lip softly a few times. Finally he gave me a short peck on the lips and I hugged him, he quickly pulled away from me.
 
“So… what are you telling him?” he asked and I looked at him confused.
 
“Who?” I shrugged his shoulders.
 
“The guy with who you're living… now that we are back” I laughed.
 
“My brother is going to be surprised when he knows that you were jealous about him” he laughed and kissed me again.
 
“I really did a mistake huh?” he asked and I nodded.
 
“Yeah but with all your flaws, your jealousy, your way of acting as if you didn't care, your stupid arrogant smile, your way of pissing me off… I still love you” he smiled.
 
“Ditto” I laughed, he kissed me again and then carried me inside the apartment.