InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Plans ❯ Summer Hopes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Summer Plans

Disclaimer: Once again I don't own InuYasha or the other characters. If I did I would currently be dating Sesshomaru.
Enjoy my second story!

Chapter 1:

“Momma, I’m leaving now!”

“Okay Kagome, come back safe!”

“I’ll try Momma, bye!”

And with that the young teenage school girl left the comfort of her home and walked to the well house on her family’s shrine grounds. Kagome always missed the Feudal Era. She spent more time there the past year than in her real home.

Kagome was so excited. Today was the first anniversary of her first trip to the Feudal Era, meaning that it was her birthday. She was now sixteen. The main reason for Kagome’s excitement was InuYasha.

The first time she went through the well was the first time she met InuYasha. Technically today was InuYasha’s birthday too. He was reborn when she pulled the arrow out of him and freed him from the God Tree. She spent all last night preparing for an extended visit in the Feudal Era. Her school was having a three week vacation after a week of tests. Rumors said that they were going to have an early summer vacation, too. Someone said they were going to remodel the school.

All of this news was like a sign from God. The fates were finally on Kagome's side or so she hoped.

Kagome opened the shrine doors and siged. It felt so strange still.

'I don't get it! I've been doing this for a year and I'm still not used to it. Though I highly doubt I'll ever be able to get use to time travel. I mean come on! We just finished a history report about mythology in ancient Japan. I wish I could have helped Ayumi with her report on demons. I could have told some interesting stories to Eri about demon exterminators, too. Or Hojo. I still can't believe Sesshomaru is considered mythology! I don't think Hojo would believe me if I started giving a biography about Sesshomaru and his family. I better not tell Sesshomaru he's considered mythology. I highly doubt he'd take that well.'

An interesting image of Sesshomaru standing in front of her with wide eyes and a dropped jaw popped into Kagome's head and she couldn't help laughing out loud. She didn't realize she had jumped through the well and was now being helped out of it by InuYasha.

"What the hell is so funny?"

"Nothing. I was just thinking of my last assignment in school and...oh never mind. How is everybody?"

Just as Kagome finished her sentence a huge ball of fur flew past InuYasha and attached himself to Kagome's shoulder.

"Kagome, Kagome, Kagome! You're back, I'm so happy! InuYasha was so mean to me while you were gone." Exclaimed an ecstatic Shippo.

"The hell I was! I only hit you once because you wouldn't stop talkin'!"

"InuYashaaaa...SIT!"

"Kagome!" Was all InuYasha could get out before he met his good old friend the ground.

"You shouldn't have hit Shippo at all." Kagome said shaking a scolding finger at InuYasha. "And Shippo," She continued. "You know InuYasha gets annoyed easily. You should have tried to avoid him. Now what were you saying to him?"

At this InuYasha piped up, "Forget I even mentioned it!" He said shaking his fist at Shippo to get the point across.

Shippo shut his mouth and jumped off of Kagome. As he ran towards the direction of Kadae's village, Kagome turned to InuYasha.

"What did he say to you?"

"He didn't say anything."

"Liar."

"I am not. He was just bugging me, that's all."

"Come on InuYasha, what'd he say to you?"

"Nothing, just drop it!"

"Fine. It's not like I won't find out from Sango or Miroku." Kagome said in a whisper.

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing, nothing at all."

The rest of the way to the village was walked in silence. When they walked into Kadae's hut they were welcomed by Sango and Miroku. As usual Kadae was cooking by the fire while Sango was polishing her hirakotsu next to a bruised Miroku.

"So Kagome how long are you going to be staying this time?" Asked an obviously annoyed Sango.

"Probably two weeks, but I might come back and stay for two monthes after that. There are rumors about the school being remodeled. Hopefully the rumors are true."

No matter what Sango said about or did to Miroku Kagome knew that she held deep feelings for him. It was obvious. Though Kagome understood why Sango always got so upset with him. She'd be upset if InuYasha went around asking every woman to bare his child. With that mental image Kagome once again burst out laughing.

"What's so funny Kagome?" A wide-eyed Shippo asked.

"Noth-nothing." Kagome managed to say between giggles.

"Kagome there is a jewel shard rumor in a village towards the west. Should we head out tomorrow?" Miroku always knew when to get to the point. He always did it after Kagome said her greetings and before InuYasha lost his temper. The timing took a lot of practice considering that InuYasha usually lost his temper long before Kagome even came out of the well, but he always knew when InuYasha was about to lose his last straw.

"Sure that sounds good Miroku. How about you InuYasha?" Of course Kagome knew that this question needn't be asked. InuYasha was always ready. He was the one who was always pushing them out the door or pushing them into a battlefield.

"Keh, do you even have to ask?"

"No, but I thought I should just in case you weren't ready."

"When am I ever not ready? Now get ready tonight and we'll leave tomorrow at dawn."

"Dawn! No way that's way too early." Complained Shippo.

"It's okay Shippo we won't wake you up and I'll carry you for awhile."

"Thanks Kagome."

"Keh."

At that Kadae served the stew and everyone talked of the next day's plans.


A/N: Well how was the first chapter? I hope you guys liked it. Check out my other story, too!

-AnimeGurlie