InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Plans ❯ Scheming Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, no, no, no! I do NOT own my beloved puppy boy! Stop rubbing salt in my wounds! Wahhhhhhh!

Chapter 2:

As always, InuYasha was the first one up. Kagome was always reminded of a puppy who was about to go on a walk. He was always the first one ready to leave and he always seemed so excited!

'How can he be so excited to go and fight! I swear sometimes I wonder if he has some compulsive disorder. He probably does. He has more mood changes than a pregnant woman! Honestly, where does he get all the freaking energy! Maybe he does it just to annoy us. Well, he'd be happy to know he accomplished his goal.'

Kagome's thoughts were interrupted with the said puppy none too gently knocking on her head like it was a door.

"Sit boy!"

"Ahh!" was all InuYasha could get out before he hit the ground with a 'thunk', which was followed by a colorful string of curse words.

'Why does she do this to me?!' InuYasha thought to himself.

"Jeez InuYasha you don't have to hit me! I'm up!"

Eventually, everyone was ready to leave the village and head towards the west. All the travelers were hopeful for either a hint towards Naraku or a jewel shard. They hadn't had a lot of luck the past few months. Actually, they hadn't had any luck for the past few months.

They walked for all the morning and afternoon. They even kept walking in the evening, before it started raining. It took a lot of complaining, some whining, and five sits to get InuYasha to stop for the night. It was only sprinkling, but the small group knew from experience that soon the wind would pick up and the rain would start pouring. They were miles away from any village, including Kadae's.

"Okay, let's split up and try to find a place to set up camp." Miroku suggested. He knew from his previous travels that there were a couple of old huts nearby. The perverted person that Miroku was, had a very good idea. Or at least what he thought was a good idea.

"No I don't think that would be a good idea, Miroku. There could be demons anywhere around here." Shippo was always so scared.

Miroku siged. The little kitsune was sometimes so dense. Miroku leaned over to Shippo and Sango and whispered.

"If we split up and it starts pouring, InuYasha and Kagome will be forced to stay in one of the hut that are around here."

"So?" Shippo asked. He hated being young. He didn't get what Miroku was hinting at. Miroku gave another sigh and leaned over again.

"So, they'll have to spend the night by themselves. And we all know how scared Kagome gets during thunderstorms. She'll turn to InuYasha for comfort. Then, of course, InuYasha will provide it. Then,"

"That's enough Miroku. Shippo doesn't need to hear all your sick plans. You're a bad influence." Sango piped up. Though she hated the idea of setting up Kagome and InuYasha she had to give it to Miroku. He had a good idea and a good point.

With that the three of them turned towards InuYasha and Kagome who were in the middle of an arguement. With a 'sit' and a 'thump' they both turned towards the other three.

"I agree with Miroku. Why don't we split up. We might be able to find a place to camp faster." Sango said.

"Yeah I agree, too!" Shippo added.

"Well, I guess we could do that. What do you think InuYasha?"

"Keh, I don't care what we do. Let's just find a place before it starts pouring."

"That's that. Come on Shippo you can come with me and InuYasha."

"No, that's okay. I'll stay with Miroku and Sango. Let's just get going."

"Okay." Kagome said confused. Shippo always wanted to come with her. Just then Kagome got the feeling she was being set up.

'Oh no. What have InuYasha and I gotten ourselves into?'

InuYasha and Kagome turned and headed into the woods while Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kilala turned and went the opposite way.

----------------------------------------

"Hey, InuYasha?"

"Yeah what?"

"Did you think that the others were acting kind of weird?"

"Keh, they're always acting weird."

"Well it's just that Shippo always wants to come with me. It strikes me as odd that he didn't want to come this time. Don't you think so?"

"No, the runt probably was just avoiding me."

"Oh yeah that reminds me. What did Shippo say to you to get you so angry?"

"I already told ya, he didn't say anything."

InuYasha was never so grateful to find a hut in his entire life. There was no way in hell he was going to tell Kagome about that little confrontation.



A/N: Let me know what you think!

-AnimeGurlie.