InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Love and Painful Betrayal ❯ After the Final Shard ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't any one of the characters not even Lily.
A/N: I change my writing style so please bare with me here and I wrote the other chapter in a rush. Sorry about the late update, I had a major writer's block. I make it up by this long chapter. I think…
Sweet Love and Painful Betrayal
After the Final Shard
"What do you mean by 'Force'?" Kagome questioned.
Naraku smirked evilly he turned to Kanna, commanding her to come. Kanna walked into the darkness, slowly being swallow by the black surrounding. A few minutes after, a sound of footsteps came closer. A white figure holding a smaller figure in its small arms, when she came in front of Kagome with a small baby. "Hello Kagome, we meet again." The baby's lips slowly crept into a cold smile. "Naraku why am I summon here? I thought you going to plant new memories in her weak, pathetic mind." The baby said in an icy tone.
Naraku frowned at the eerie skin baby. "Change of plans, Lily had failed her duty." Naraku turned towards Kagome, who is struggling to sit up straight. "Miko, I will show you what I mean by 'force'. Kagura help our guest up." Naraku backed off a step, smirking at her struggles.
A female in a white and purple pattern kimono with a yellow obi around her hips, she walked over to Kagome yanked her sailor collar back to sit up. Kagome lean against the wall when someone push something on her chest, she felt her soul trapped and she can't move her body. She looked down to see a pair of pale purple eyes to meet hers. "Kanna give Kagome's soul back, I can feel that she is weakening." The baby demanded.
Kanna's mirror flash a bright blue light, it shot towards Kagome giving her more energy to move. She felt a hard tug on her soul; her heartbeat paces in more accelerating speed. The baby's hand grasp on her green and white uniform, trying to find what he needs. He continues staring at Kagome's blue-grey eyes. "Kagome have you remember the pain, you had with Kikyou and Inuyasha?" The baby muttered.
Kagome looked at the pale purple eyes, puzzled by his words. "What do you mean? I have no idea what you mean! I will not fall for your mind tricks." Kagome spoke in her thoughts.
The baby turned to Naraku without letting go of his grasp. "Naraku, she has no memory of who is Kikyou and she is willingly not giving in." The baby explains clamly.
Naraku grew impatient with the miko in front of him. "Let go of her and I will deal with her."
The baby did what he asks and Kanna went to pick up him, backed away into the darkness. Naraku smile evilly as he walked over to Kagome, he punched her face leaving a bruise on her cheek. Kagome moaned as she picks herself off the floor, only to be stomp down on the cold, wet floor. "Miko I want you feel hatred, feel the consuming hatred running through your veins now." Naraku continue stomping.
Kagome only scream in pain, strain to hear anything but her bloodhurling screams. The blood flow onto the ground, leaving gushing marks and cuts on her weak legs. She lay on the floor sleeping, weak to move anywhere. Naraku enjoyed the screams that echoed across the hallway, he went leave. "Kagura tend to her wounds, she has enough for today." Naraku walked across the halls with his blood stained boots.
Kagura walk closer to where Kagome is kept. As she entered the room, she heard a splash underneath her sandals. "I don't remember having water here." Kagura kneel down, swiping her finger against the cold liquid.
When she pick up her hand, she seen darker image on her finger than clear fluid. She ran her fingers through the dark image; she felt disgust as she felt the warmth in the liquid. She places her finger near the light in the dank chamber to see red, red blood oozing down from her fingertips. She panic, she never knew there was a lot of blood surrounding the area, she ran, she ran towards Kagome to see bruised, cuts, gush marks. She tends Kagome's wounds carefully, seeing that she can't disobey orders from Naraku.
Inuyasha was outrage at the demon in front of him, he was about to slay her until he smelt something famillar. The itching happen again, he started to sneeze uncontrollably. They shift their gaze Lily, who is looking the other direction. Inuyasha's nose burned now, Lily looked them with her bored, brown eyes. "I didn't do anything yet, I'm tied to a tree remember. My hands are tied as well so you can't blame me." Lily yawned.
Miroku stared at her, taking the detail into his head. "So what are you doing with Kagome?" He questioned in a brave tone.
Lily was deep in thought, she snaps back into reality. "Sorry, I was only following my duty." Lily sighed.
Miroku and Sango were shocked to hear this. "You mean, you are following orders for what?" Sango listened with interest.
"I wanted something, that I can't grasp my hand on. Naraku said he will fulfill my desires if I fulfill his." Lily recalled.
Shippo and Kirara were sneezing as well as Inuyasha, who sneeze like crazy. Lily looked at them, confused. "Are you okay!" Lily shouted in question.
Inuyasha's ear twitch, he looked at her and sneezed again. "What the 'Sneeze' hell are 'Sneeze' you think- 'Sneeze' -ing, I'm 'Sneeze' picking a ve- 'Sneeze' -ry annoying 'Sneeze' scent!" Inuyasha sneezed.
Lily looked down, her bangs were covered her eyes. "That scent must be very annoying them, it is the red lily again." Lily sighs again.
Miroku looked at her again, "Excuse me, what did you say?"
Lily didn't look up, she continues looking at the ground. "Let me down, I'll try to get rid of it."
Inuyasha growled and sneeze again. "Why should we 'Sneeze' trust you!?"
"Because that scent won't leave until someone gets rid of it." Lily yelled.
Inuyasha's nose couldn't take the annoying sneezing anymore, he started to lose conscience. Kirara and Shippo were knock out by sneezing their nose off. They lie there with nothing bothering them. Miroku agreed to untie her, she ran off quickly. Inuyasha growled. "Why did 'Sneeze' you do that!"
Miroku just looked at Inuyasha, the bush rustled. Lily came out with a bright red petal in her hands, it was not bigger than her pinky. Lily came close to Inuyasha, who sneeze even harder. Lily pulls out an empty bottle, place it in her bottle then close it. Inuyasha stop sneezing but got dizzy, he fell onto the ground very tired. Miroku walked up closely and looked at the petal. "What is this?" Miroku examining the petal.
"A red lily petal, it increases the chances for a potion to work properly. They are very rare." Lily put the bottle away.
She felt a hand sorting around her back; turn around to see Miroku's hand was on her back. Lily jumped back; sat near the tree she was tie up at. Sango stomped over towards Miroku, stepped on his toe and walk away. "Sango I was checking for any spiderlike mark on her back." Miroku sit down.
"Spider-like marks, you mean those burn marks? I can't have a burn mark, my skin will burst into flames." Lily rubbed her skin.
"So you are not incarnation?" Miroku raise his eyebrow in question.
Lily stared at him funny, she tried to hold back the laughter that got caught in her throat. Lily couldn't hold her laughter anymore, she snickered at first, substantially grew louder. She died down the laughter into a chuckle. "Of course I'm not incarnation, are you thinking like that when you first saw me?" Lily still chuckled.
Inuyasha finally got off the ground, moaning at the pain sneezing. "I'll never to sneeze again." Inuyasha place his hand on his head.
Lily grinned. "You want a bet?"
Inuyasha shook his head, sustaining to lift his head with his hand. Inuyasha leap to the nearest tree to lean carefully. Miroku kept his eyes on Lily while Sango took Kirara and Shippo in her arms. "It is a certain person who mention it to us, thinking you as an incarnation." Miroku said loudly, to make sure that everyone heard what he said.
Inuyasha blinked and stared at the monk. Lily only sigh, she fiddles with blade of grass. She looked at the sky, ignoring their ludicrous arguments about her being an incarnation. Lily thought back deeply, the voices and the world soon disappear as she close her eyes slowly.
Flashback
The world turned into a dark hallway leading her towards a yellow screen. A figure with three tails, wavy hair, a fine shape man. The shadow figure soon opens the screen door, demons flew down the halls and a purple mist flowed down the hall. Her feet were burning at the sensation from the flowing purple mist. "A miasma?" she pondered.
The figure soon became into a clearer vision. His eyes were red, his black wavy hair ran down to his elbow, his skin was pale, it looks like an eye on the middle of his chest and so did his hands, he wore armour over most of his body, has three green, slimy tails, and his grin was cold. "Are you one name Naraku?" The girl asks nervously.
Silents filled the air which seen like hours, his voice crackled through the air. "Yes, are you the potion master, Lily?" Naraku replied.
Lily cleared her voice. "I'm not a mastery at potions but I do clearly have the talent for some potion." Lily answered in a clear tone.
Naraku cracked a wicked smile, "Do you know how do control people with potions?" Naraku said quietly.
"No, I'm not that skilled yet." Lily bowed.
Naraku frowned. "Don't you have a potion that can make the person work for you, like a memory scrabble?" Naraku said questioningly.
"I have potion in mind that can erase memories, it will only be temporary, if the person somehow been reminded of her/him past she/he only gather those thoughts not remembering the rest. To have the person's memories return fully, you must have someone kiss her/him that she/he knows or something or have me make a potion for her." Lily stood still for an answer.
Naraku stood in the eerie silence. His lips slowly crept into a smile. "That will do, but you can plant new memories right?"
Lily thought back carefully, she took her gaze towards Naraku's vermilion eyes. "Yes you can, but you really got to conceive him/her." Lily said.
Naraku turn walking towards the screen door he came out of, he continued moving and stops in front of the door. "You will give me the ingredients for this potion. And I have some work for you. May you give me this potion to cure her, if it should fail." Naraku demanded.
Lily slowly followed after the shady character as she walks into a dark room.
End Flashback
Lily was being shaking to death, snapping out of her flashback. Golden amber eyes met her hazel eyes; she jumped at the sight of them. Inuyasha watch her trying to catch her breath. "Oi wench, what the hell you are dreaming of?" Inuyasha fold his arms.
Lily calm down, her breathing was normal. She glare at Inuyasha for quite a while, she finally had the strength to stand up. The girl ignored his questioning, claws grabbed her wrist. “You are not leaving till I get some answer, bitch.” Inuyasha snarled.
She didn't look back, Miroku walked up to her. “What did you dream about? Sorry about Inuyasha's rude behaviour.” Miroku glared back at Inuyasha, when he mentions his name.
Lily sighs in defeat. “A flashback.” Inuyasha let go of his grip.
"What kind?" Miroku asked again.
Lily took a glance at the monk and turn to the sky. "When I first met Naraku." Lily spoke softly.
Inuyasha started to growl, he reach out to grab Lily's scruff. "What the hell did you do back then." Inuyasha growled.
She sends an icy stare at Inuyasha. “Inuyasha we have to search the final shard.” Lily picked herself up to Inuyasha's ears, and screamed in them.
Inuyasha dropped her, attempt to strangle her instead. His ears rang with pain and almost became deaf. The pain fainted from his sensitive ears; he looked around for the innocent girl. When he realizes she was 10 meters away from him, hiding behind Sango. Inuyasha resign and sit down next to Miroku. “So how are we supposed to find it?” He watches the girl's reaction.
“Let me handle that. Oh you guys might need to cover your nose, because this red lily might be in some use.” Lily grinned.
-----
Blood was being wiped off from Kagura's fingers. She muttered how ungrateful Naraku is; her red orbs show disgust and hatred. She returns back at the bloody, dank chamber for Kagome, to be brought to another room.
 
Kagome wore warrior clothing for females, armour was on her shoulder pad, armour plate place on her wound and chest, wearing armour plates as a shirt. The armour piece were bright red, she wore soft clothes under the thick armour.
 
Kagura undone the shackle that held her, making a dead soldier going towards and pick her up. More gather, with their brittle bone carrying the flesh over to a room. Kagome tries to wrestle out of their grasp and to flee, kicking few heads off at her attempt. “Stop your squirming, you humans are so pathetic.” A voice rang beside her.
 
Kagome paused to see the person who spoke next to her. Kagura was floating beside her, gliding through the air on her feather. Kagome gave her a puzzle look, Kagura only turn her head in disgust. “What did Naraku do?” Kagura was talking to nobody but Kagome understood.
 
“He was beating me to death, but he seen to stop to tell me to hate.” Kagome winced from the pain surging through her ribs.
 
Kagura face her, searching through her eyes for something. “So what, you don't hate him for just doing that?” Kagura said in question.
 
Kagome shook her head; Kagura was confused what is wrong with her. She was going to question her again, when a silhouette appeared. “What is wrong with you?! Not one speck of hatred in your heart, and you were tortured in order to do so.” A heinous tone spoke out at the surprise people.
 
Their eyes soon meet two crimson, beady eyes, beaming back with anger flickering in his eyes. Another figure walked from behind the malevolent eyes, Kanna carried the eerie skin baby. “Kagura, put her down.” Kanna said emotionless.
 
Kagura close her fan as the bones fell to the ground, with Kagome collapsing onto them. Before Kagome could move, Naraku pull her raven hair down. Kagome bit her lips, held her scream down with a muffle. His fingers open her lower jaw, pouring a dark purple liquid down her weak throat.
 
Naraku release his grip on Kagome's hair and jaw, when the little bottle was empty. Kagome gasped for air, choking on the disgusting liquid at the process. Soon painful memories flash before her eyes, but one scene repeat over and over.
 
*** Kagome looked at Inuyasha, sadness filled her eyes as she stare at Inuyasha. The silence fall upon area, then Inuyasha broke the silence. "I'm sorry Kagome, but I chose... Kikyou." Inuyasha said softly.
Kagome's heart broke, her eyes were filled with unshed tears. "I see Inuyasha," said Kagome as her tear are now running down her cheeks. "You want to leave with Kikyou and leave here to die?"
"Yes..." said Inuyasha. ***
Kagome's eyes were in a daze, her limp form kneeling with movement of life. Kagura watch in awe, curious what just happen. Naraku seemed to read Kagura's inquisitive mind. “She will be like that until the pain goes away. Kanna proceed.” Naraku explained.
 
Kanna approached Kagome, holding Akago, who reaching his hands out for Kagome's soul. Kanna was clearly unaffected by the powerful aura surrounding Kagome's weak body, the baby struggle through the aura, extending his hands more farther.
 
He seized Kagome, her aura dissipated smoothly under his control. Akago was able to emit the message in her fragile mind, feeling the hatred only speck up in her once pure heart. Hate them, be jealous of Kikyou, and be angry at Inuyasha. The thoughts transmit through her head.
 
Things happens so fast, her soul shattered as Naraku place a tainted jewel shard on her forehead. The eerie skin baby shift his violet eyes at Naraku, Kagome's body slowly got up. “We have her now, lets continue now.” The baby demanded. “I'm still amaze that her will let her live, by now my victims should have been dead by the time I control them. If we release our control of her, there is 60 percent that she will be still alive.” He explained.
 
Naraku only smirked at the news. “Don't worry, I have other use for her.” Naraku spoke eerily.
 
Naraku gesture them to follow him, they followed after him. Akago is resting in Kagome's arms; Naraku finally led them in a room filled with demons and remains. “Lets get her out of that preposterous outfit, don't you think. And we could change her also.” Naraku grinned.
 
 
Inuyasha tapped agitate, bugging others. Miroku is mediating, Sango is polishing her hiarikotsu with the polish from Kagome's time period, Shippo and Kirara are trying to ignore the annoying tapping by playing. Inuyasha stood up, with others now turning their attention at Inuyasha. “What the hell is taking so damn long!?” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“Are you always this impatient?” The girl pop out behind the bush, she was holding a bottle filled with pink liquid. Inuyasha snatch the bottle and scrutinize the fluid. “What the hell is this?” Inuyasha questioned.
 
“That is potion that can sense the jewels powers.” Lily said proudly. “It will glow if the jewels powers are use.”
 
Miroku rise, walking next to Inuyasha. “Wouldn't the jewel be dormant?” Miroku ask.
 
“Aren't we following Naraku for the final shard?” Lily questioned back.
 
“Hell, we have to be there before Naraku!” Inuyasha responded.
 
“Sorry about that, but I can make a potion that sense powers. We could open the lid to help us lead, but the red lily that is in the mix so it will make you sneeze again.” Lily answered.
 
“If red lilies are rare, why was there one near here?” Miroku ask curiously.
 
“There you go with the questions, I'm a plant demon if you haven't notice.” Lily explained. “A lily one, I make one red lily once per week. I'm the only one of my kind.”
 
“I see.” Miroku said, letting the information sink in.
 
“Quit your jabbering, we have to save Kagome.” Inuyasha jumped off with the pink potion in his hands.
 
Kirara transformed into its large cat form. Sango, Shippo, Miroku, and Lily rode Kirara, lifting from the ground rushing after Inuyasha.
 
 
Kanna held the creepy infant, Kagome walked towards the demons. Demons charged at Kagome, surrounding her with their slimy body. They have melted into miko uniforms mostly like Kikyou's, instead of white for the top, grey with spiky armour on her shoulder, bottom was purple, laced with fangs. One demon form around her forehead, turning into tiara, made out of bones. A diamond shaped squaring on the tainted shard, sending a black glow. (A/N: If you watch the fourth movie, you know that copy Kikyou has that tiara too. That is the same okay almost.)
 
The lifeless girl walked over to Kanna to pick up Akago, resting still. “Come Kagome, we have to search for the jewel shard.” Naraku grinned.
 
Kagome didn't reply; she followed him without questioning. Naraku walked on, slowly disappearing in the miasma. Kagura summon her feather, placing Kagome and Kanna on board following Naraku. They have arrived a misty lake, Naraku walked on lake heading the middle. A figure appeared from the lake, it had large ears that almost the size of it, closed eyes, it was old too.
 
“Naraku you know that Inuyasha is coming here, I hear that you have the young priestess here too.” The old man said.
 
“Yes Minisenri, would you know where the jewel shard is to give us a head start?” Naraku asked politely.
 
“I hear it is between this world and the afterlife.” Minisenri replied. “I must go now, Inuyasha is approaching here quickly.”
 
He disappeared into the water; Naraku was turning around to leave when he heard something.
 
“Naraku, stop right there!” A cry was heard.
 
 
Inuyasha was speeding towards the scent of Naraku and Kagome; he watches Kagome and Naraku's minions soaring through the air after a purple cloud. His focus was on Kagome, noticing that she was wearing unusual clothes and holding Akago. Have they got her?! I fail to protect her just like Kikyou! Inuyasha watched in pain.
 
“Inuyasha!” The group behind cried out.
 
Inuyasha snapped back to reality, continuing to follow them. He stared at the liquid that is now glowing a black colour, the pink liquid shift into a black goop. He crashes through the trees and saw Naraku leaving. “Naraku, stop right there!” Inuyasha cried out.
 
Naraku looked back, smirking. “Inuyasha, how nice to meet you.”
 
“Cut the sweet talk Naraku, what the hell did you do to Kagome?!” Inuyasha roared.
 
“Didn't Akago filled you in the plan? Or are you stubborn to believe it?” Naraku reminded him.
 
“Give her to me Naraku!” Inuyasha charged into an attack.
 
“I'm afraid not, she still has some purpose. Come Kagome, deal with him.” Naraku backed away from the swing.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha was shocked as a dark purple light shot through the air. Kagome was in a distance; she was in her fighting stance with a bow in her hands. She pulls another arrow, prepared to shoot him. “Kagome it's me Inuyasha! Don't you remember!?” Inuyasha shouted.
 
Kagome release the arrow, aimed at Inuyasha. The dark purple light flew into the air, nipping his arm a bit. The wounds burns of dark energy, the bottle glows brighter. “Kagome what is wrong? Kagome answer me!” Inuyasha hollered.
 
Naraku laughed, he was grinning at astonish Inuyasha. “Inuyasha, Kagome is under my control. Your stupidity amuses me, but I'm off to find the final jewel shard.”
 
“Inuyasha!” A voice screamed his name.
 
Kirara landed next to Inuyasha, Sango jumped off with Shippo on her shoulder, Miroku and Lily got off of Kirara. Naraku smiled, turning his attention at Lily. “You have betrayed me Lily, but I must thank you for the potion.” Naraku grin grew larger.
 
They turned at Lily, who was confused at this conflict. “What potion? You cured her?” Lily asked.
 
Sango looked behind Naraku. “Kagome!” Sango cried in joy.
 
A purple light flew near Sango face, Inuyasha dodge out of the arrows way. “Kagome?” Sango looked at her friend.
 
“We will take our leave.” Naraku flee, the miasma flew away.
 
Kagome retreats holding Akago, Kagura lift her feather into following again. Inuyasha dash forward grabbing Kagome's arm, her miko powers shocked Inuyasha back. Akago formed a barrier as they flew. Inuyasha continue chasing after them.
 
Sango dropped to knee, tear leaks down her cheeks. Looking at where Kagome was gone, Shippo was still puzzled what is going on. Miroku looked Lily, who is trying to remember what happened. “What potion did you taught him?” Miroku questioned.
 
“To forget and to cure that.” Lily replied.
 
“Anything else?” Miroku pressure her more.
 
“Doesn't it seem weird that the jewel was still tainted, my potion is glowing black.” Lily recalls, ignoring the question.
 
“Naraku probably has his jewel shards.” Miroku simply answer.
 
“I saw his jewel, it is almost complete. The potion should have broken the bottle, but it has to be shard if it wasn't his.” Lily explained. “That means there is one embedded in Kagome.”
 
“Kagome should have purify the jewel, but she didn't that means.” Miroku thought out loud.
 
“She has hatred in her heart. So Akago must have possessed her.” Sango said suddenly.
 
“Right, lets go.” Lily smiled.
 
Box: Gomen, I got a major writer's block and I got side tracked… You should know I have others too. Edit version.
 
“So… You want mochi? They are very good, the sweet beans in the center is even better.” Handing a plate filled with snowball-like food.
 
Naruto munch on a few before eating more, Itachi seem to reconsider. “I didn't drug it.”
 
“I don't trust you.” Itachi glared daggers at the authoress. “And I heard the last co-host you had, had a mental breakdown.” Naruto dropped the food after hearing that.
 
“I'm reassuring you, that was another host.”
 
“Named Box Queen?” Itachi gave a puzzling stare at her.
 
“Oh… Who was this co-host and story?”
 
“As I heard it was Jack and `Role-play Buddy'.” Itachi shut his red eyes before opening them.
 
“Hn.”
 
“You are not going to scream at me?” Itachi raised an eyebrow.
 
“But didn't you heard, Jack got an I.Q of 64 after that mental place.”
 
“Interesting, maybe we should put you there until you are intelligent enough to not pull this stunt again.” Itachi nodded.
 
“Naruto should, my I.Q is very average thank you for pointing that out.”
 
“Hey!” Naruto protested.
 
“And probably Gaara too, that guy has totally mental problems.” Itachi stated.
 
“I like the way he is, at least he is more knowledgeable than Naruto.”
 
“Are you saying that I'm not-”
 
“I should disagree, some people does have problems even with mental problems.”
 
“-smart enough to take you guys down?” Naruto finished.
 
“Naruto, I doubt you can beat us on a written test.”
 
“Being a ninja doesn't really require those though.” Naruto argued.
 
“I feel like talking to a little child.” Box shook her head.