InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Nightmares ❯ Kagome's Dark, Unhappy thoughts ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Nobody reads these freaking disclaimers, so who cares? I don’t own Inuyasha and co, alright?

Sesshomaru checked the time. It was 9:00 pm, lights out time. He checked the hallways for any nurses that might walk in on them. He then walked back to his chair and pulled it closer to Kagome’s bed. He placed his hands on either side of her head and closed his eyes. He was instantly pulled into total darkness.

“Kagome?” He called through the darkness. Sesshomaru heard someone behind him. He turned around to find Kagome. She looked terribly sad.
“Kagome you need to snap out of this, you need to get out of this coma.”
“Why do you care? Why does anyone care about me?”
Sesshomaru was quite taken aback by this harsh comment.
“I care because you saved my sister.”
“You don’t really care, you are just a low-life demon, who doesn’t care for anyone but himself.”
“How do you know I‘m a demon?”
“Isn’t it obvious? Only a demon could hate Humans this much.”
“But I don’t hate all humans. I don’t hate you. You are sick, and I am concerned for your health.”
“Yeah right.”
“I know that Inuyasha hurts you, but you have to snap out of this coma!”
Kagome looked away from him, with tears in her eyes.
“Don’t you see yet? I don’t WANT to wake up! Things are so much simpler when I sleep. I thought that you would realize that from the dream I sent you.”
“You, sent me that dream?”
“Yes. Now leave me to my thoughts, you only serve to remind me of the life I left behind.”

With that, Kagome put her hands on Sesshomaru’s shoulders, and sent a jolt of power surging through him. He bolted upright, breaking his contact with Kagome’s mind. He found that Kagome’s hands were actually on his shoulders. He gently picked up her hands and placed them back on the bed. He settled back into his chair, and looked at Kagome one last time before closing his eyes. She now had a troubled look on her face, as if his visit had upset her greatly. He then closed his eyes and fell asleep.

<<<<<<<<<<Sesshomaru’s Dream>>>>>>>>>>

Sesshomaru found himself at Kagome’s house. The stench of blood was everywhere. He walked into her house and found a young Kagome, about 5 years old, kneeling next to her dead parents. Everywhere he looked, he saw blood. He wanted to do something to help, but found that he was like a ghost. A ghost in Kagome’s past. Kagome hugged her now-dead parents, not caring that she was covered with their blood. The police burst in and found her, and they tried to pry her away from her parents, but they could not. The young Kagome looked up at Sesshomaru and started to say something to him…

<<<<<<<<<<End Dream>>>>>>>>>>

Sesshomaru was awakened by Kagome’s nurse.
“Why did you wake me?” He asked.
“You were thrashing about and kept shouting things.”
“Oh, I am sorry for that, I was just having a bad dream.”
The nurse nodded and left. Sesshomaru knew that he was supposed to hear that message, but he would have to wait until the next night to find out what that message was.

A/N: it’s a bit of a cliffy, sorry! I had to. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying this story. Don't forget to review!