InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

        Chapter 2

        The next day, a silver Dodge Viper convertible (gotta love his wheels) pulled up in front of Third Street Elementary (no, I do not claim to own Third Street Elementary school from Recess).
        `Now, did she say room 18 or 218?' Inuyasha asked himself. He wanted to dress casually, so he wore a pair of designer jeans and a Versace (sp?) polo shirt (what kind of idiot is he?). Inuyasha got out of his car holding a red rose he had bought on the way. `To forward?' he questioned himself as he looked at the rose.
        When he got to the classroom, Kagome had just finished reading the class a story.
        “O.k. you guys, eat your lunch then we'll have some pie,” Kagome was saying. The class cheered and ran to their cubbies. Inuyasha knocked at the door. Kagome looked up and smiled as she motioned him to come in.
        “I... uh... I got a rose for you,” Mr. Smooth stuttered.
        “Thank you! I usually only get apples,” Kagome said, pointing to a large pile of neatly stacked apples. “Class, this is my friend, Mr. Inuyasha Tashio. Say thank you to Mr. Tashio because he bought the ingredients for the pies.”
        “Tha nk you, Mr. Tashio,” the class chorused.
        “You're welcome,” Inuyasha said, self consciously (Inuyasha self conscious, yeah right).
        “Inuyasha , could you watch the class for a minuet? I have to get the pies from the Teacher's Lounge,” Kagome asked Inuyasha.
        “Sure, how hard can it be?”
        “Thank s. Class, Mr. Tashio is going to watch you for a few minuets. Be good.”
        “Yes Ms. Moralez,” the class answered. Kagome smiled at the class and left. After she left, the class looked at Inuyasha.
        “Mr. Tashio, are you Ms. Moralez's boyfriend?” a little girl asked.
        “Um, no. We're just friends.”
        “ Do you want her to be your girlfriend?” a little boy asked.
        “Umm... 221;
        “Are you going to marry her?”
        “Err. ..” Inuyasha stammered. Fortunately for him (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) Kagome came back to the class carrying three pies and a couple of cans of whipped cream.
        “Who wants pie?” she called.
        “We do! We do!” came the reply. One boy in the back raised his hand, it was the same boy who asked Inuyasha wanted to marry Kagome.
        “Yes, Charles?” Kagome asked.
        “Guess what, Ms. Moralez? Mr. Tashio says he wants to marry you!” The class giggled, Inuyasha turned red, and Kagome, after staring at Charles, recovered quickly and smiled.
        “Well, I don't know about marriage, but I'll consider mini-golf. What do you say Mr. Tashio?” Kagome looked over to a beet red Inuyasha.
        “S-sure ,” Inuyasha managed to squeak out. `Did she just ask me out?'
        “Cool. I'll pick you up at seven on Friday alright?”
        “ S-sure,” Inuyasha squeaked again. `Yep, I've definitely been asked out by a girl.'
        “Now class, these pie's not going to eat itself, so get a plate and line up.” Kagome sliced the pie into sixty pieces and put whipped cream on each piece. The class lined up for pie while Inuyasha stood off to the side in partial shock (well can you blame him?).
        `I can't believe that kid just said that? I can't believe she just asked me out! I can't believe....'
        “Mr. Tashio,” a little girl said tugging at his shirt, “It's your turn.”
        “Rig ht, thanks kid,” Inuyasha muttered. He went up to Kagome, getting redder with every step he took.
        “You alright, Inuyasha?” Kagome asked when he finally made it up to her. “You look like you just ate an entire jar of jalapenos. I should know, I did that once.”

        ̶ 0;Yeah. I'm just a little...”
        “ ;Embarrassed? Was I out of line asking you out?”
        “No, no that's fine. I was going to ask you out anyway,” Inuyasha said, achieving a new level of red. “I'm embarrassed that that kid said I wanted to marry you. N-not that there's anything wrong with you, it's just...”
        “D on't worry I get it. Kids can be a little forward and they tend to embellish. Relax, you remind me of a nervous kid on his first day at school,” Kagome laughed, handing him a slice of pie. She watched as he took a bite of pie.
        “Wow! This is great!” Inuyasha exclaimed.
        “You seem surprised. Didn't think I could cook, did ya?” Kagome asked, raising an eyebrow.
        “No, I didn't say that, but this pie is great! Can I have the recipe?”
        “H mm. Nope, you'll just have to wait till the next time I make pie.”
        “When will that be?” Inuyasha asked cocking his ear towards Kagome.
        “I don't know. Maybe the next time the class gets all A's on their math test, or Halloween, or maybe I'll make you your own pie, if you beat me at mini-golf.”
        ̶ 0;You're on! Make sure you put lots of whipped cream on my pie.”
        “You sound sure you're gonna win.”
        “I am. I'm pretty good with a golf club.”
        “I'l l have you know, I have won the mini-golf tournament three years running! How about we make this interesting?”
         220;What do you have in mind, Ms. Moralez?”
        “ If you win, I'll make you an entire dinner including four sweet potato pies. But, if I win you have to buy me ice-cream from Blizzard and Kelly's 10 flavor ice-cream shop.”

        ̶ 0;Sounds like you just want free ice-cream.”
        ̶ 0;Well you're not slow at all,” Kagome said with a smirk. “Where do you live?”
        “353 Pinerun Avenue.”
        “O .k. I'll pick you up at seven this Friday.” Kagome went up to the front of the room and put `Secondhand Lions' into the VCR.
        “Amanda,R 21; she called to a girl in the first row. “Turn off the lights, please?” Amanda turned off the light and Kagome went back to sit on her desk next to Inuyasha.
        “I love this movie,” she whispered. “Have you ever seen it?”
        “No,&# 8221; Inuyasha answered. “I heard it was good.”
        “It is. Oh, yeah. Inuyasha?”
        “ ;Yeah?”
        “Ne xt time you come to my class, feel free to dress more casually.” Kagome turned back to the movie and missed Inuyasha's slight blush.

        Yes people, this is the end of chapter two. If you like this story, review and encourage me. If you don't like it, give me constructive criticism, however, if feel the need to flame me, take my advice and blow it out your ... never mind. I'm gonna sign off now. So review me and I'll give you land in Australia. Love peace and hairgrease. God bless,
Angel15025