InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

        Chapter 3

        Inuyasha shuffled through his closet confronted with business suit after business suit.
        `Dang! Why don't I have anything minigolfy (my new word!)' he asked himself. He went down the hall to his roommate's room.
        “Hey Miroku!” (I mean who didn't know that was his roommate?). Miroku opened his door and Inuyasha was hit by a wave of strong smelling cologne.
        “Good grief, Miroku! What did you do, bathe in that stuff? Curse my acute sense of smell!”
        “My bad. So what do you need ?”
        “I need something for mini-golfing.”
        &# 8220;Mini-golfing? Oh, you've got a date, right?”
        “Ye ah, she's taking me mini-golfing.”
        &# 8220;You mean she's taking you out? Wow! Where did you find her and does she have any cute friends?”
        “ She's a teacher and I don't know any of her friends.”
        “ Teacher, huh? She's probably really boring. Remember our teachers in high school?”
        “S he's nothing like any teacher I've ever had. She's cute, fun, smart, and she's got a sense of humor. Oh, and she makes the best sweet potato pie I've ever tasted.”
        “W ow, she's got you sprung, my friend. Well help yourself to anything you like. I've got to go. I've got a date with Sango.”
        “Wo w, you've been going out with her for what, seven months? That's gotta be your longest relationship ever.”
        “I think this is serious, Inuyasha. She may be THE ONE.”
        “I'll say, all those times you grabbed her but and she still hasn't dumped you.”
        “I can't help it! It's just so firm and cute!”
        “Eww , I didn't need to hear that!”
        “Wha t ever. See you later my friend. Score big.” Mirouku brushed past Inuyasha and walked out the door, almost bumping into...... Kagome (predictable or what?)
        “Hey! Mirouku, I didn't know you lived here!” she said.
        “You're the teacher Inuyasha's going out with?”
        “Yea h. Wow, you smell bad!” Kagome said holding her nose.
        “So I've heard. I'll be right back. You can go sit in the living room.”
        “Alr ight. Tell Inuyasha to hurry up. I'm double parked. And you need to hurry up, too. Sango was way cranked last time you were late.”
        “O.k .” Miroku went back to his room where Inuyasha was tying his shoes.
        “Inuyasha, how come you didn't tell me you were going out with Kagome?”
        “H ow come you didn't ask? Wait, you know her?”
        “We went to school together since sixth grade, but I've known her since pre-k. She used to visit her grandfather a couple times a year. She's the one who put me and Sango together.”
        “ ;You knew her and you never introduced me?”
        “You were going out with that Kikyou chick! But Inuyasha, I'm warning you, this girl is one of my best friends. Don't hurt her, or else.”
        “Alr ight. I swear I won't hurt her. I had no intention of hurting her. She's too sweet.”
        “Ju st keep that in mind. Oh yeah, she said you need to hurry up, she's double parked.” Miroku left saying a quick good-bye to Kagome and rushed to his car.
        `Boy, playing surrogate big brother is stressful,' he thought. `I never thought I'd tell a guy not to score.'
        Inside, Inuyasha was finished getting dressed. He was wearing a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans and a Ralph Lauren Polo tee (thank goodness he didn't overdress this time).
        `I don't understand why Miroku is worried about Kagome and me. He knows I won't hurt her.' Inuyasha thought as he made his way to the living room. when he got there Kagome was looking at his and Miroku's fish tank.
        “They're really pretty aren't they?” Inuyasha asked, startling Kagome (bad Inuyasha, bad). She hit her head on the book shelf above the tank and knocked over a few books.
        “Ow!” ; Kagome cried holding her head. Inuyasha was at her side in an instant and grabbed her hands from her head. Inuyasha looked at a slight bump forming on her head.
        “Are you alright?” he asked softly.
        “Well, I'm not bleeding,” Kagome answered. “Sorry about your books though.”
        “D on't worry about it. Miroku will pick them up later. Are you sure you're ok?”
        “Yes, Doctor. I think I'll live. We have to go now. I'm double parked outside.” Kagome said putting on her purple sunglasses and pulled Inuyasha out the door. Inuyasha took the opportunity to look at what she was wearing. Kagome had on a knee length tan colored skirt, a light purple shirt with tan flowers on the hem, a tan colored scarf on her neck, purple sunglasses and platform flip flops with shells decorating them.
        `Well I guess I didn't over dress.'

        Well that's chapter 3. I know what you're all thinking, what kind of friend is Kagome not to know where her best friend lives? Well, Miroku just moved in with Inuyasha and didn't get around to telling Kagome his new address, so blame Miroku. Review me!. Holla!
Angel15025