InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

          & nbsp;     Chapter 4

        Kagome and Inuyasha made it to her car just in time to avoid a parking ticket. Kagome turned on her car and turned the radio to WAMO (my favorite station, #1 for hip-hop and R&B) Sean Paul `Get Busy' was playing on the radio.
        “I love this song!” Inuyasha exclaimed.
        “Me, too! My little brother, Souta, got me this C.D. for my birthday, but I left it out home,” Kagome said, turning on to the highway.
        “How old is your brother?” Inuyasha asked her.
        “He's 15, and he thinks he's all grown `cause I'm teaching him to drive illegally.”
        ̶ 0;You're teaching him to drive?” Inuyasha asked. “Why not one of your parents?”
        Kagome looked down with a sad look in her eyes.
        “They died when I was 12. That's why we don't live in Mexico anymore, we moved in with my mom's father. My little brother lives with my grandpa, but he doesn't drive, so I'm teaching Souta to drive.”
        “I' m sorry,” Inuyasha said.
        “Oh, don't worry about it. I mean, this isn't a pity party, right?” Kagome said with a fake cheerfulness in her voice.
        `Oh, great! It's only our first date and I'm already bombing!' Inuyasha thought frantically. `How do I fix this?'
        Then Inuyasha got and idea. Inuyasha got a wonderfully, silly idea!
        “John Jacob Jinglehimmershmidt,” he started singing. Kagome laughed at him before joining in.
        “His name is my name, too!” they sang together. “Whenever I go out, the people always shout,” Kagome pointed out her open window and shouted, “There goes John Jacob Jinglehimmerschmidt, da da da da da da da da!”
        The people in the next car gave the two a weird look before speeding off. Kagome and Inuyasha laughed at them for a full five minuets and Kagome had to pull off to the side of the road to catch her breath.
        “I thought I was the only adult who sang that,” Kagome managed to gasp. “How did you know I liked that song?”
        “I didn't,” Inuyasha shrugged. “That's what my mom sings to us whenever one of us is upset.”
        “Us ?”
        “Yeah, me, my dad, my older brother, Sesshomaru (see kit? I remembered the H. lol.). Heck she even sings it to Sesshomaru's wife and daughter.”
        “ ;Haha! Your mom sounds like fun!”
        “Yeah she's a trip.”
        Kagome turned off the highway into the parking lot of the mini-golf course.
        “Ready to get creamed,” she asked.
        “Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing,” Inuyasha scoffed.
        “Just to let you know, I love the quintuple scoop icecream.”
        “ ;Yeah, well, I love extra whipped cream on my pie.”
        The couple continued on like this as they made their way up the stand to rent balls and clubs.
        “Can I help you?” the bored looking teenager asked looking up from her magazine.
        “Yeah, can we get two clubs and ten balls?” Kagome asked taking out her wallet.
        “I'll pay, Kagome,” Inuyasha said.
        “No, I asked you to come, I'll pay.”
        “Neit her one of you has to pay,” the girl interrupted them. “A pipe burst on the course. It's closed `til further notice.”
        “A www, man! There goes my free ice cream!” Kagome lamented.
        “Tell you what,” Inuyasha said with a smirk. “I'll bye your ice cream, if you'll still cook me dinner this Saturday.”
        “ ;Deal. How does beef ribs, mashed potatoes and gravy, and collard greens sound to you?”
        “Soun ds great, but don't forget my pies!”
        “You have a one track mind, don't you?”
        “I sure do. So, what do we do, now?”
        “Well first we get the ice cream. Then maybe we can go to the park across the street from the shop.”
        “Tha t sounds great. Who's buying the ice cream?” Inuyasha asked.
        “You are! Cabeza de Calabaza (pumpkin head)!”
        “Fi ne, no need to name call, wench!” Inuyasha said. Kagome yanked a lock of Inuyasha's hair.
        “Don't go there! My last boyfriend went there and trust me, it got ugly,” Kagome warned. `His hair is soo soft!'
        “Alright, alright! Fine, I'm sorry! Just let my hair go!” Inuyasha yelped. Kagome let go of his hair and watched as he rubbed the sore spot on his head, pouting like a three year old.
        “You know, you're cute when you pout,” Kagome said, smiling.
        “Yeah and you're cute when you're playing innocent, you psycho hair grabber,” Inuyasha joked. `She thinks I'm cute!'
        “Hmmm... cute but psycho, I guess things even out.” Kagome stared at Inuyasha's ears. `The temptation is killing me!' she thought, as she reached up and rubbed one of his silky, white dog ears.
        “Hey!” ; Inuyasha exclaimed.
        “Sorry , I couldn't help myself,” Kagome apologized.
        “It's o.k. It felt good, you just caught me off guard.” They got back Kagome's car and drove off to Blizzard Kellie's 10 Flavor Ice Cream Shoppe.

        “Soo o, did you decide on which five flavor's you want?” Inuyasha asked.
        “No, this is a very complicated process, and patients is a virtue.”
        “N ot right now it isn't,” Inuyasha mumbled.
        “What was that?”
        “Oh, nothing. It's getting late, do you still want to go to the park?”
        “Sur e. I told Souta's baby-sitter that I'd be back at ten. I have to get him back to my grandpa's by eleven. We've got a good two hours of goofing off left.”
        “The n let the goofing commence,” Inuyasha said.
        “Last one to the swings is a goober,” Kagome challenged. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other before taking off out the door. Of course you know Inuyasha won, so Kagome was crowned goober for the night.
        “I win, Goober!” Inuyasha bragged.
        “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I would have won if I were wearing jeans and not carrying ice cream.”
        “Ex cuses, excuses.”
        “ It's true, Inuyasha!”
        “ ;Sure it is. So how about I push you on the swings, Goober?”
        “O .k. Spazz,” Kagome sat on a swing, finishing her ice cream. (I was actually wondering what happened to that ice cream).
        “Hey, watch it. This `Spazz' can push you off the swing.”
        “An d this `Goober' is your ride home.”
        “O.k . I won't call you a goober too much tonight.”
        “ And I won't call you a spazz, even though you are, too much.”
        “Dea l! Now about that dinner you're gonna cook for me.”
        “What about it?”
        “Dress or casual?”
        “H ow about you wear the outfit you wore to my class?” Kagome laughed. Inuyasha blushed at the memory.
        `She still hasn't forgotten that?' he thought. (Well duh! It's only been two days!)
        Kagome noticed him tense up and giggled.
        “Relax! I was joking!” Kagome said. `He is sooo cute! My gosh! I sound like a high school girl with a crush! Oh, no I'm blushing! I hope he doesn't notice!'
        People, don't you know me at all? Of course Inuyasha noticed.
        `Feh (anyone else think that's a weird word?) She was too cool about this date anyway. She's cute when she blushes. Did I just think that? Great, now I'm blushing! Stupid hormones. You won't win, I'm not a teenager anymore!'
        “You won't win!” Inuyasha exclaimed as he took a shoe to the head. Kagome jumped off mid swing and ran to Inuyasha. (Is she devoted or what?)
        “Inuyasha, are you alright? Win what?”
        “I'm fine. It's just a little bump.”
        “You 're bleeding! You might have a concussion!”
        R 20;Feh, I'm half-demon, remember? It takes a lot more than a little bump to take me to the hospital.”
        “ ;Well, at least let me clean it out for you.”
        “Alri ght, fine. Some first date, huh?”
        “Firs t date? You mean there's gonna be a second?” Kagome teased Inuyasha, helping him into her car.
        “Well, isn't the dinner you're gonna cook this weekend be a date?”
        “Hmm ... Nope.”
        “Why not?”
        “Well for it to be a date, we'd have to leave the house. See, this walk in the park was a date. A very romantic one I might add.”
        “Well , then, how about I take you on date two next Tuesday?”
        “ Sounds great. I've got all next week off.”
        “Real ly? Why?”
        “Prin cipal Perkins is hosting the Principal's Convention and he doesn't want to risk teachers finding out there really is a hot tub in his back office.”
        “A hot tub in his back office?”
        “W hat else could he be storing back there? I'll bet that's why there isn't any decent furniture in the teacher's lounge.”
        “H aha! I always thought the good furniture was in the teacher's lounge.”
        “P ssh! We wish. We don't even get coffee, we get soda from Dollar General.”
        “ You poor things. Maybe I could get the company to donate some furniture.”
        ̶ 0;No thanks, we teachers like to get our chairs the old fashioned way, steal them.”
        “Hah a! Ow! Man, I'm getting a headache.”
        “ ;O.k., Inuyasha, where almost at my house, I'll get you some aspirin.”
        “ You know most women usually wait till the second or third date before they try to take me home.”
        “Now you know you need to stop playin'” Kagome laughed. She turned the corner and pulled up in front of a small two story house. Inside, Souta was playing a video game while his elderly baby sitter was sleeping on the couch.
        “Hey, sis. How was your date?” he asked, eyes glued to the game.
        “Awful, your sister nearly gave me a concussion.” Inuyasha answered. Souta jumped and looked at Inuyasha.
        “So you're the dude my sister asked out. What's your name?”
        “Inu yasha Tashio.”
        “I nuyasha Tashio? As in Tashio Inc.?”
        “Yup .”
        “Dude! Your company makes the best video games ever!”
        “Wel l it's not my company, it's my dads, but one of the perks is I get the newest video games before they hit the stores. I could give you some if you like.”
        “Awe some! You are now my favoritest person in the world!”
        “He y!” Kagome protested.
        “I mean, after my sister,” Souta saved. Inuyasha laughed a little and winced. Kagome saw and remembered why they where there.
        “Oh, yeah! Your aspirin. Souta, wake Mrs. Leary up and tell her she can go home. Inuyasha, come with me.” Kagome led Inuyasha upstairs to her bathroom. She pulled out some peroxide, bandages and two aspirins. Kagome was putting peroxide on a cotton ball when the baby sitter called her.
        “Kagome, dear, are you up there?”
        “Ye s, Mrs. Leary.”
        “O. k. then, I'm leaving now. I just wanted to make sure you were home. Good- bye dear.”
        “Goo d-bye, Mrs. Leary.” Kagome put the peroxide on Inuyasha's cut.
        “Yeow! That hurts, wench!” Inuyasha said, pulling his head away. Kagome glared at him and pulled his head back to her.
        “I'll assume that was the peroxide talking and let that slide, but don't ever let me hear you call me that again. Now sit still and quit being such a baby!”
        Kagome put more peroxide on the wound and blew on it. Then she put the band aid on it and let Inuyasha have his aspirin.
        “You know, my head would feel better if you kissed my boo-boo,” Inuyasha said grinning (Gag! ><). Kagome giggled and gave him a peck on the head.
        “You're just a big kid at heart aren't you?” she asked.
        “Yep, still play with my Tonka Trucks and everything. Just don't tell Miroku that.”
        “Hah a! My lips are sealed. Now come on so I can take you home.”
        “Oh, already? But I was having fun!”
        “Tell you what, after dinner this Saturday, we'll play `Guess Who'” (Nope, don't own that either).
        “Deal.&# 8221; Inuyasha stood up and went downstairs.
        “Sout a, you wanna come with me to drop Inuyasha off? I'm not taking you to Grandpa's tonight, it's really late and he's probably asleep.”
        “S ure. Kagome, can you not hire a baby sitter anymore? I'm 15 and I think I'm old enough to take care of myself now.”
        “Well , I guess that'd be o.k. Mrs. Leary's not going to be to happy though.”
        “S he's old, Kagome. She wants to be with her own kind at the retirement home,” Souta joked. Inuyasha and Kagome laughed at Souta and got into the car. Fifteen minuets later, they pulled up in front of Inuyasha's house.
        “Man, is that your crib?” Souta asked. “It's off the richter!”
        “ Thanks, youngun,” Inuyasha said, giving Souta dap (a long complicated handshake for those who don't know). “Kagome, are you going to walk me to the door?”
        “Sur e,” Kagome said. She got out the car and walked with Inuyasha to his door.
        “Man, I never thought I'd be at this end of the date,” Inuyasha said, rubbing the back of his neck.
        “There's a first time for everything,” Kagome shrugged.
        “Anyway , I had a great time, thanks for asking me.”
        “Well thanks for coming with me. I can't wait for Saturday so I can spend all day slaving over a hot stove, while you show up, eat like a king then do the dishes.”
        “W hat!?!?!?”
        “ ;Don't worry, I'll help a little. Then we can play `Guess Who'”
        “Oh, fine,” Inuyasha huffed.
        “Kiss her already!” Souta shouted and he honked the horn. Inuyasha smirked when Kagome blushed and her eyes got wide. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek.
        “Good-nigh t, Kagome.”
        “G -good-night, Inuyasha,” she managed to stutter. `I'll kill Souta!'
        `Thanks, Souta,' Inuyasha thought going into his house.
        `I'm gonna have the coolest big brother ever! Uh-oh, Kagome doesn't look happy anymore!' (Come on ladies! Did you think she didn't enjoy that kiss? Who wants to be Kagome? Show of hands).
        Kagome got in the car and glared at Souta. Then she reached over and smacked him lightly upside his head.
        “The first time you bring a girlfriend over, I'm gettin' mine,” Kagome said as she drove off.

        Well this was my longest chapter ever. I made it up to nine pages. Go me! Go me! It's my birthday! Get busy! Well I hope you all enjoyed it, `cause I surely loved writing it. Love, peace, and hairgrease.
Angel15025