InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

  Hello my beloved friends! Welcome to chapter 5 of this story. Just so you know, I don't own `Can't Give Up Now' Mary Mary or Inuyasha. Now, on with the story.

        Chapter 5

        The next Monday, Inuyasha walked into his office with a far away look in his eyes. He bumped into several people who barely heard his mumbled apologies before he got lost in his thoughts again (of what or who I can't imagine).
        His dinner with Kagome had gone great. It started a little bumpy, and he only got three pies instead of four, but... You know what? I'ma give yall a flashback.

        Flashba ck

        At around seven Saturday night, Inuyasha walked up the stairs to Kagome's porch carrying a bunch of tiger lilies (don't ask). He was wearing black slacks and a red silk shirt with his hair in a low ponytail (feel free to drool ladies).
        He heard a loud crash and a swear word or two from inside the house. Inuyasha stared at the door for a few minuets not believing that he just heard this sweet third grade teacher and sister say ish (if yall don't know what that means, think about what it sounds like and get back to me). Kagome finally opened the door looking slightly frazzled and irritated.
        “You'r e early, cool, but your only getting three pies,” she told him.
        “What! Why?” Inuyasha pouted.
        “I'm sorry but I dropped the fourth one. I'll make it up to you. We'll play `Monopoly' after `Guess Who'.”
        “Alr ight, but only if I get to be the racecar.”
        “ You are the most off the wall person I know.”
        “Tha t a bad thing?”

        R 20;No, I actually like that quality. It means you won't find me childish and annoying.”
        Inuyas ha looked Kagome from head to toe.
        “Nope, I definitely don't think you're childish,” he said with a smirk.
        “O.k. You need to stop playin' before I decide not to let you eat.”
        “Gasp You wouldn't be so cruel.”
        “Ke ep playin' around and see how much I'm kidding. Come in, we're gonna let in bugs.”
        Inuyasha walked into Kagome's house and a Mary Mary C.D. was playing on her stereo.
        “You like gospel music?”
        “Ye ah, I do, and Sango and I have to sing one of the songs tomorrow for church.”
        “Y ou go to church?”
        “Y es, I got saved when I was nine. When I moved here from Mexico, I was worried there wouldn't be a Christian church, but I found Morning Star and it is a really cool church.”
        “M y parents go to Mt. Olive Baptist and so does my brother and his family, but I'm an atheist.”
        “ Well why don't you come to my church tomorrow. My pastor keeps it on the level and it's casual dress so you can wear jeans.”
        “I don't know, I've never been comfortable in church. It was like everyone kept looking down on me.”
        “Well, maybe it was the church you went to. Come on and go tomorrow. Sango already asked Miroku and he said he'd come, so you can ride with him.”
        “Sang o got the lecher to go? Wow I bet that was hard.”
        “Act ually, it wasn't. Miroku said he wanted to see what was so great about our church.”

         220;I'm still not sure if I want to go. God and I aren't exactly on the best terms.”
        “We ll, maybe you'll change your mind if you go. Come on, please!”
        “A lright, I'll go, but I'm not promising anything.”
        “ ;Thanks! Now, lets eat, the food's not getting any warmer.” Kagome led Inuyasha to the dining room where she set up the table so it looked like a restaurant. Inuyasha sat down and waited for Kagome to bring the food out. The smell of beef ribs and collard greens were tickling his nose and making his mouth water. They had a great dinner and Inuyasha finished off all but one pie. After dinner, they played three games of `Guess Who' and two games of `Monopoly' before Inuyasha decided it was time to go home.
        “Good night Inuyasha, and remember services start at 11:00 in the morning.” Kagome said as she kissed him on the cheek.
        “I'll remember. Good night,” Inuyasha answered as he kissed her back on the cheek. (Wow, they're acting like a married couple already).

        Sunday Morning

        “Inu yasha, don't wear a suit, it's casual dress. Put on some jeans or something you look like you're going to a funeral,” Miroku told Inuyasha as he ate his Cocoa Puffs.
        “Fine, hold on,” Inuyasha huffed.
        “Don't take to long, we've got to leave in half an hour.”
        “Alr ight. Give me five minuets and pour me some Cocoa Puffs.”
        “Al ready did my friend.”
        Inuyasha changed into some slightly baggy Sean John jeans and a Versace shirt. He came out and ate his cereal with some rushing by Miroku ,who was wearing some jeans and a polo shirt, finally they were ready to go.
        The girls, half way across town, were fairing much better than the boys.
        “Sango, I can't find my shoes!”
        “Ka gome, are you blind? They're under that chair.”
        “Th anks Sango. We're gonna be late. Souta lets go.”
        “Comin g, sis. Don't have a cow.”
        Five minuets and an earring change later, they were all piled into Kagome's car and on the road to the church. Kagome was wearing jean capris and a tan three quarter sleeve shirt that belled at the elbows. Sango was wearing the same thing except her shirt was white. Souta was wearing a pair of worn jeans and a yellow t-shirt that said `Jesus is my Homeboy' (I love those shirts. I want one in pink). When they got to the church, the pastor greeted them at the door and helped them set up their mike.
        The boys showed up shortly after the girls. They exchanged hellos and then sat down by Souta.
        “Ladies and gentlemen,” the pastor said as he started services. “Today we are blessed to have our very own Sango Somotu and Kagome Moralez lead us in song. They will be singing `Can't Give Up Now'. How many of us know that no matter what, we can't give up? Can I get an `Amen'?”
        “A men” the congregation replied (excluding Miroku and Inuyasha they aren't saved yet).
        “Now we will hear from our two talented singers.”
        Sango:< br>         There will be mountains that I will have to climb,
        And there will be battles that I will have to fight,
        But victory or defeat is up to me to decide,
        And how can I expect to win if I never try.

        Both:
&nb sp;       I just can't give up now,
        I've come too far from where I've started from.
        Nobody told me that the road would be easy
        And I don't believe He brought me this far to leave me.

        Kagome:
&n bsp;       Never said there wouldn't be trials,
        Never said I wouldn't fall,
        Never said that everything would go
        The way I want it to go.
        But when my back is against the wall
        And I feel all hope is gone,
        I just lift my head up to the sky and say `Help me to be strong'

        Both:
        I just can't give up now,
        I've come to far from where I started from,
        Nobody told me the road would be easy
        And I don't believe He brought me this far to leave me

        Sang:
  ;       I know He didn't bring me out here to leave me lonely

        Kagome:
        Even when I can't see clearly I know that you are with me so I can't

        Both:
&n bsp;       I just can't give up now
        I've come too far from where I started from
        Nobody told me the road would be easy
        And I don't believe He brought me this far to leave me.

        The song ended and the girls got a standing ovation. It was Miroku and Inuyasha who clapped the loudest.

        End flashback

        Inuyasha was surprised because he actually enjoyed the service and not just the girls' singing. The sermon made him feel something inside that had him feeling that maybe he should try again to know God, so he and Miroku decided to go back the next Sunday (like he was really going by himself).