InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

  
Tuesday night, Inuyasha stood on Kagome's porch to pick her up for their date.
        `Well this seems familiar. Last time I was in this spot, I heard Kagome curse,' he thought. He was surprising Kagome by taking her to Playland the amusement park.
        `I just hope she didn't over dress.' (That's your department, Inuyasha)  Inuyasha rang her door bell and waited patiently for Kagome to open the door.
        (10 seconds later)
        `What is taking her so long?!?!?' Inuyasha thought. He was about to ring the bell again when Kagome (finally) opened the door.
        “Hi, Inuyasha. You ready to go?” she asked.
        “Yeah. What took you so long?” Inuyasha replied.
        “What do you mean? I wasn't that long.”
        “Wha tever. Come on, we're gonna be late.” Inuyasha took Kagome's hand and led her to his car. Today he was driving a black corvette convertible (seriously, this the guy to know when you turn 16).
        “How many cars do you have, Inuyasha?”
        “ ;I dunno, about 5 I guess.”
        “Wo w, and I was excited to get my hunk of junk.” Kagome and Inuyasha looked at her car and laughed.
        “I'm trying to get it on `Pimp My Ride',” Kagome said.
        “I've seen that show,” Inuyasha said. “I love what they do to cars, but I thought they were in the `States.”
        “ They were, but this summer their going all over the world and they're coming to Japan next week,” Kagome answered. “I hope they come for my car, I don't know how much longer it's gonna last, and with winter coming, I can't ride my motor cycle until next year.”
        “Wel l, then I hope they come, too. I've always wanted to meet Xibit.”
        “Ye ah, he's cool. So, where are we going?” Kagome asked.
        “You'll see,” Inuyasha answered evasively.
        “O.k. whatever you say.”
        Twenty minuets later, they pulled into the parking lot of the amusement park and Kagome's face lit up like a Christmas tree.
        “Playland! I haven't been here in ages!” she exclaimed.
        “I didn't even know this was here. Miroku suggested I bring you here.”
        “Wel l, you've got a really smart roommate. Lets ride the `Enterprise' first. It's takes you upside down in a circle.”
        “A lright, but then I want to go on a water ride.”
        “Dea l, last one there buys funnel cake.” Kagome beat Inuyasha to the ride.
        “That really wasn't fair,” Inuyasha argued. “I didn't know where the ride was.”
        “Too bad,” Kagome said. “I still won and you still have to buy funnel cake.”
        Two hours later, Kagome and Inuyasha got of the Haunted House ride laughing at how fake the `monsters looked'.
        “Was that really supposed to scare people?” Kagome critiqued.
        “I hope not, that 5 year old in the car in front of us looked like she was gonna die laughing when that `zombie' popped up out of the ground.”
        “I put up scarier haunted houses at Halloween!”
        ̶ 0;Hello, Kagome,” an oily slick voice said behind them. Kagome immediately stopped laughing and went pale.
        “Naraku, 221; she said without feeling. “What are you doing here?”

        ̶ 0;Is that how you greet your foster dad?” Naraku sneered at her. “So, who's this, your boyfriend?”
        Inuya sha discreetly placed himself in front of Kagome. “Can we help you?” he asked, glaring at the intruder.
        “Honest ly, hanyou (sp?). You couldn't do any better than this Mexican trash? Then again I guess two halves make a whole.”
        “Lo ok, I don't know who you are, and I really don't care, but if you don't leave in the next five seconds, I'm gonna rearrange your face,” Inuyasha growled.
        “My, my. So testy aren't we?” Naraku said with a smirk. “Well, I can see that I'm not wanted here. Tell Souta I said hi for me, won't you Kagome?”
        “D on't count on it,” Kagome hissed at Naraku's disappearing form.
        “Who was that, Kagome?” Inuyasha demanded.
        “My foster father,” she answered looking at the ground. “C-can we leave now?”
        “Sure .”
        Kagome didn't say anything more as they walked to the car, and Inuyasha decided that it would be better to not ask her about it until she was ready to talk. The tension in the car as they rode back to Kagome's house was thick enough to choke on and not even the radio could tear through the roaring silence around Kagome. Inuyasha looked over at her every once in a while wondering how someone who looked so strong could look so helpless at the same time.
        “Are you alright?” he asked at one point during the ride.
        “Yes, I'm fine,” she said tightly.
        “No, you aren't, but whatever.” Kagome looked over at Inuyasha and he was shocked by what he saw in her clouded blue eyes. It was a mixture of fear, sadness, and rage.
        “My brother and I lived with that sadistic maniac for a year,” Kagome said in a trembling voice. “My grandfather got sick when I was 15 and he had to stop working. The Child Welfare Offices decided we were safer living with Naraku than our sick grandfather. He was horrible, he treated us like slaves and whenever we didn't do something fast enough for him, he beat us. I got it the worst, because I protected Souta. I wound up with a broken wrist and two fractured ribs. Naraku told the hospital that I got hit by a car when I was skate boarding in the street. I tried to get help for Souta and me, but it was my word against his and no one believed me except Sango and Miroku, but they couldn't do much except for letting us stay at their houses for a couple of days.”
        “Wha t happened?” Inuyasha asked with genuine concern.
        “When I turned 16, I was able to get a good job at a department store. It wasn't much, but it was enough to take care of my brother and granddad until he was able to get social security, our church helped out to, they let us live in a house on their property and pay them whatever we could spare. Naraku was sent to jail for a hit and run, but I didn't know he was out of jail already.”
        “ Everything is gonna be fine, Kagome. He can't hurt you or your brother any more.”
        “I know, but that doesn't change what he did to us,” Kagome said angrily. “He had no right to treat us like that!”
        “You 're right, he didn't, but he can't any more. I'll make sure he won't, I promise,” Inuyasha soothed her.
        Kagome sobbed into Inuyasha's shoulder for a few minuets all of the pain and hurt she suffered in her life flowing out in her tears (wow, that actually sounded deep). Inuyasha parked outside of Kagome's house and held her until her crying stopped (coughhalfanhourcough). When Kagome finally stopped, Inuyasha started to joke about his soaking shirt, but stopped when Kagome suddenly put her arms around his neck.
        “Thank you,” she whispered in his ear before she kissed him (on the lips people, you don't bear your soul like that and kiss Inuyasha on the cheek). The kiss lasted about ten seconds (lucky) before Kagome got out of the car and walked to her door.
        “I'll, uh, I'll call you later,” Inuyasha said. Kagome lifted her hand to acknowledge that she heard him then disappeared into her house.
        Kagome tossed her purse on the table near her door and plopped down on the couch. She was physically, emotionally, and mentally drained. Kagome started to doze off when her phone rang.
        “Hello,R 21; she said, sleepily.
        “Hello, Kagome.”
        “G asp How did you get this number, Naraku?”
       ( Dun dun dun! I should be evil and cliff it here, but I'm inspired to write)
        “Ku ku ku. You were never the fastest person in the world, dear Kagome, but the Yellow Pages is truly a wonderful thing.”
        “Wh y are you calling me? Didn't have anything better to do than harass your old foster kids?”
        “Wel l, I see my little Christian girl grew into a beautiful smart mouth woman. So, tell me, did you spill everything to your new boyfriend in his car?”
        “How did you...”
        “Do n't interrupt me when I'm talking to you, Kagome! Why don't you turn on your living room light? You always hated the dark.”
        “I'm calling the police. I don't know why you were let out in the first place.”
        “Do n't you dare hang up! I know where your precious brother and grandfather live.”
        “If you touch them, I will hunt you down and kill you!”
        “Ku ku ku. Isn't that against the `Ten Commandments'?”
        & #8220;I'm sure God will forgive me.”
        “That' s right. You were always telling someone about the forgiveness of God,” Naraku sneered. “Turn on your TV and put on the news.”
        “Why ?”
        “You're questioning me? I said turn on the damn news!” (If anyone has a problem with me using that word in a PG rated story, please tell me before you report me to the authorities)
        Kagome turned on the news. There was a picture of Naraku on the screen.
        “In other news, Naraku Omnigumo, wanted for manslaughter and suspected drug lord, escaped Shikon Maximum Security Prison late last night. His empty cell was discovered this morning when Omnigumo didn't show for breakfast. If anyone has information on his whereabouts, please contact your local police. Now, we have Jake Morrimotto with the weather.”
        Kagome shut off her TV. Naraku was still on the phone, she could hear him breathing.
        “You broke out,” she said monotonously.
        “Ye s.”
        “What did you come to me for?”
        “Well I really wasn't planning on it, but after I saw how lovely you had gotten, the temptation was too much to resist. It'll be just like old times, Kagome.”
        “Y eah, except, I'm not 15 and you aren't my foster dad anymore.”
        “ Ku ku ku, good-night, don't let the bed bugs bite,” Naraku said. Kagome sat with the phone to her ear listening to the dial tone, try to process what had happened.
        “He's back,” she finally managed to say. She bolted up and locked down the house extra tight closing all the curtains. Then she went to her room and got in bed (if you think she slept, then you are really stupid).

        The next morning, Inuyasha called to make sure Kagome was ok.
        “Hello,” ; Kagome answered the phone warily.
        “Kagome? What's wrong?”
        “He called me.”
        “Who did?”
        “...& #8221; Kagome didn't say anything.
        “Kagome answer me!”
        “Narak u. He broke out of jail and he called me when I got in the house. He was waiting. I know he was.” Kagome started crying into the phone.
        “Calm down, Kagome. Miroku and I are coming. Don't answer the door to anyone till we come, ok?”
        “Yes.& #8221;
        Ten minuets later, Kagome was startled by the sound of frantic knocking. She looked out the window and saw the Corvette Inuyasha had driven the night before. She rushed down stairs and threw the doors open.
        “Is he really back Kagome?” Miroku and Sango (who had shown up at Miroku and Inuyasha's house as they were leaving) asked at the same time.
        “Yes. We bumped into him at Playland last night.”
        “We won't let him hurt you anymore,” Sango declared taking her friend's hand in hers. “Everything will be ok.”
        “Thank s guys. I think he was here last night.”
        “Ar e you sure?” Inuyasha asked.
        “Yes, when he called, he spoke like he was spying on me. He knew I talked to you in the car, and that my light was off. He wanted me to know that he broke out.”
        “What does he want you for?” Miroku wanted to know.
        “I don't know. He wasn't even planning on coming after me until he saw me last night.”
        “Wh y did you take her there, you idiot!” Sango yelled at Inuyasha, smacking him in the head.
        “Ow! I didn't know!” Inuyasha defended himself.
        “Sango, stop. It's not his fault, just bad timing,” Kagome told her.
        “I'm sorry, I just get so angry when I think of what he did to you. He put you in the hospital three times in one month, Kagome!” Sango started crying for her friend.
        “Yes, but I'm fine now. Souta's fine, too. And if anything should happen to Grandpa, he'll stay with me. Naraku can't hurt us anymore,” Kagome said, trying to convince herself more than the people in front of her.
        “Feh, I'm going to go check around to see if Naraku was here last night,” Inuyasha said leaving the room.
        “Are you sure you're ok? Do you want some hot chocolate or something?” Sango asked, concern laced in her words.
        “Girl, I'm fine and some hot chocolate would be great!” Kagome said enthusiastically.
        ̶ 0;I want some too,” Miroku said.
        “If you want some, you'll have to get it yourself.”
        “ ;But your getting Kagome hot chocolate, and it's her house!”

        R 20;Last time I checked, you weren't being stalked by deranged, psycho foster parents, besides, I only have two hands.”
        “Al right, I'll help. You know Inuyasha is gonna want some, too.”
        “Than ks, sweet heart,” Sango said.
        When they were in the kitchen, Sango started crying again.
        “Why? Why did he have to show up in her life again?”
        “I don't know, but he won't hurt them again. We'll make sure of that,” Miroku soothed her. “We'd better fix that hot chocolate before Kagome goes on rampage. Remember what happened last time?”
        “Oh, yeah. I never want to experience that again.”
        Mean while, in the living room, Inuyasha came in looking very, very ticked.
        “He was here. His scent was all over the front yard and across the street,” Inuyasha said.
        “What do I do now? If I call the police, I don't know where to tell them to look, and what if he comes back?”
        “You can't stay here alone,” Inuyasha said.
        “I'm not going to let him scare me out of my house. I refuse to let him get to me!” Kagome said.
        “I'll stay with her,” said Sango, who had just come in with the hot chocolate. “It'll be like a slumber party, Kags. We can stay up late and do each other's hair.”
        “Heh e! That sounds like fun!” Kagome said.
        “Then it's settled, Sango is gonna stay here with Kagome,” Inuyasha declared.
        “Yay!&# 8221; The girls squealed.

        Well, I have to say that was the hardest chapter for me to write. It took me hours to figure out what kind of twist to add to the story. I hope yall enjoyed it. And like I said, if anyone has a problem with my use of the word `damn', which I don't think is a big deal, please tell me so I can change the rating.