InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7
“Thank you so much, Sango,” Kagome said as she helped her friend put the last of her bags in a spare bedroom (hey her house is crappy, not tiny).
“It's no big deal,” Sango told her. “I needed to move out of my parents' house any way. Besides, Kohaku was getting on my nerves.”
“Haha I know how you feel. Souta was the same way. Next week you can bring Kilala, too.”
“Awesome!”
“Well, that was the last of your bags. You wanna bake some brownies?” Kagome asked.
“Do I wanna break some brownies?” Sango said, lifting her hands to the sky. “Do fish swim? Do birds fly? Does God rule in heaven?”
“I'll take that as a yes then. I call bowl!”
“No way, Kagome! You always get the bowl!”
“O.k., o.k! How about I get the bowl and you get to eat the rest of the chocolate chips.”
“Deal!”
Sango and Kagome went down to the kitchen and started the brownies. They were working for a few minuets before the phone rang.
“What if it's him?” Kagome whispered as if someone were spying on them.
“I'll call the cops on my cell phone and let them handle it. Don't worry Kagome; I won't let anything happen while I'm here.”
“Thanks, Sango,” Kagome said, shakily reaching out for the phone. “H-hello?”
“Kagome? It's Inuyasha.”
“Oh, hi Inuyasha,” Kagome sighed, signaling to Sango that it was ok.
“Listen, Miroku and I were wondering if you girls would like to go to the movies with us tonight.”
“Sure, what time?”
“We'll pick you up around seven.”
“Fine.”
“Aww, nuts! I burned the butter!” Sango exclaimed.
“What?” Inuyasha said.
“Sorry bout that, Sango and I are baking brownies. I gotta go before Sango takes her anger out on my stove.”
“O.k. We'll see you two in a couple of hours.”
“Alright, bye”
“Bye”
“Sango! I told you to use the microwave!” Kagome said hanging up the phone. “I doesn't take but a minuet to melt butter.”
“Oh stop being such a know it all, Slim,” Sango mumbled, pulling the butter out of the oven.
“Well, Sango, it's hard not to act like a know it all, when I actually do know it all,” Kagome teased. Sango glared at her before throwing a dishtowel at Kagome.
“So, what did Inuyasha want?”
“Oh, the guys are picking us up at seven to take us to the movies.”
“Oh, cool. After we put the brownies in the oven we can pick out what we're gonna wear.”
“Yeah! Then later we can do each others make up and crap,” Kagome giggled.
“Well, what are we waiting for? Put the brownies in the oven.”
Kagome put the brownies in the oven and set the timer then the girls went upstairs.
“So, Kags, are you going to wear pants or a skirt?”
“Pant, but you should definitely wear a skirt, Sango. You can wear my jean skirt with the green sued flower on the bottom.”
“Thanks, Kags. You should wear your black sparkly jeans and my white and black skirt.”
Awesome! Do you have a shirt to go with that skirt?”
“No, I didn't even think about that.” Sango replied.
“Oh I have just the shirt to go with that,” Kagome said, digging through her draw. She pulled out a white shirt with `Soulful' spray painted on the front in the same green as the flower on the skirt. “This is one of my favorite shirts. Take care of it like it was your own.”
“Turn down the drama, Kags. I promise I hand wash it my self if I get anything on it.” Sango said, taking the shirt from Kagome's hands.
“You'd better. Hey, Sango?”
“Yeah?”
“How serious are you about Miroku?” Kagome asked her friend. Sango sat on the bed and stared out the window.
“We're talking about getting married,” she said softly.
“Shut up! My two best friends in the world are getting married!” Kagome shrieked. “Have you decided on a date? Where is the wedding going to be? You had better make me your maid of honor!”
“Kagome calm down! We're only talking about it right now, and of course you're going to be my maid of honor!” Sango said. Kagome sat still for a second before she hugged her best friend. The two giggled for a second then got quiet for a minuet.
“So, what about you and Inuyasha? Am I going to be Tia (Aunt) Sango anytime soon?” Sango asked breaking the silence.
“Sigh I don't know, San. I mean I really think I'm falling for him, but we haven't even talked about going steady yet.”
“Well, duh Kags, ask him!”
“You're right! I mean I've already asked out on our first date.”
“Of course I'm right. Oh, look the timer went off.”
“Come on and lets get them out real quick, we've still got to get ready and the guys will be here in less than an hour.”
After they took the brownies out of the oven, the two friends monopolized the forty minuets they had left with make up and hair. They got finished just as the boys pulled up in front of the house.
“I smell chocolate,” Inuyasha said as he and Miroku walked in.
“Duh! I told you we were baking brownies,” Kagome said rolling her eyes at him.
“I know, I was hoping you'd offer me one,” Inuyasha replied.
“Sure, you both can have one, but they're hot. Be careful,” Sango said, because her friend was stuck giving Inuyasha a dumbfounded look. She gave the guys brownies and rushed them out the door (is it just me or is Sango cut out to be a mom?). When they finally got to the movie theatres, they found out that I, Robot didn't start for another hour.
“Miroku, you idiot!” Inuyasha shouted. “You told me the movie started at 7:30!”
“I looked it up on the internet! It said it started at 7:30,” Miroku tried to defend himself.
“Excuse me, sir,” the boy in the ticket office cut in. “That was for the matinee showing at 7:30 a.m.
“Geez, Miroku, could you be anymore of a spaz?” Sango berated him.
“Aw, come on, Sango, you're my girl, you're supposed to have my back,” Miroku said, looking genuinely hurt. Sango softened her glare and sighed.
“You're right, I'm sorry baby.”
“Great, now how about a kiss to make it better?” Miroku pulled Sango toward him.
“Not here you pervert!” Sango yelled as she slapped him.
“So you're gonna give him a feel better kiss later?” Kagome asked, giggling as one of her best friends blushed and the other smiled suggestively (if I get one reviewer asking me who's who, I'm gonna go of on their bleep).
“Kagome!” Sango shouted reaching for her best friend's neck (nice friend, isn't she?).
“Alright, Sango! I quit alright?” Kagome pleaded from behind Inuyasha. Sango, appeased with her friend's apology, suggested they go for a walk around the mall.
“We don't have enough time to find a restaurant and eat so let's go window shopping,” Sango said.
“That is an awesome idea. You guys know my birthday is next week, right?” Kagome added.
“It is!?!” Sango and Miroku teased.
“Oh, stop!” Kagome said. Sango and Miroku laughed as they walked a little ways ahead of the other two.
“No, really what day?” Inuyasha asked.
“Next Thursday, why you plan on gettin' me a little somethin' something'?”
“Maybe,” Inuyasha said innocently. “Will you get angry if I don't?”
“Perhaps, you plan on being in a serious relationship with me?” Kagome asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Yes,” Inuyasha said seriously.
“Well, then, if you plan to survive, you'd better at least get me a nice card or something,” Kagome said almost seriously. “Inuyasha, will you be my boyfriend?”
Inuyasha stared at Kagome for a minuet mouth agape.
“O.k. You're kinda making me feel awkward. It's ok if you want to say no, trust me it would be way better than this,” Kagome looked down at her shoes.
“No! I mean yes I want to be your boyfriend, I've just never had a girl ask me first. It's just weird.” (Chauvinistic jerk, is Inuyasha.)
“So you're upset `cause I asked you to go steady with me?” Kagome asked, getting a little peeved.
“No, I guess I'm just a little old fashioned.”
“Well, I promise if we ever get married, I'll let you ask,” Kagome joked.
“Thanks, my ego has been restored.”
“Hahaha! You got jokes!”
“Yes, yes I do. Now on a more serious note, how are you doing? Has Naraku called you again?”
“No, praise God. Not since Tuesday. Speaking of praising God, are you and Miroku still coming to church with us this Sunday?”
“Wouldn't miss it, now come on before Sango and Miroku think they lost us,” Inuyasha said, grabbing Kagome's hand.
“I think they'd rather not be found,” Kagome said, hiding a blush (Ah, young love). Suddenly she stopped at the window of a pet shop and looked at the kitten display.
“Oh, my gosh! How CUTE!” she squealed, happily.
“What the sign?” Inuyasha asked her.
“No, the kittens! A dur!” (That's actually what we say where I live.)
“Yeah, I guess they are kinda cute. I like that black a white one.”
“It is cute, but I like that orange and white one. (Here comes Buyo).
`That's what I'm going to get for her birthday. Kagome's my girlfriend, yes! (Insert mental happy dance). Inuyasha smiled as he grabbed his girlfriend's hand.
`This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.' Kagome thought.
“Maybe we should go find the other two and buy the tickets,” Inuyasha suggested.
“Good idea. Hey I hear Will Smith does a nude scene (he does, yowza!).”
“Hey, you can't talk to your boyfriend about stuff like that, I may have to kill Big Will.” Inuyasha joked.
“Don't worry, baby, you still my first,” Kagome said touching his cheek. The couple laughed as they walked through the mall.
`Yes, this will be a beautiful relationship.' They thought.