InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 8
“Inuyasha, I understand you've been seeing someone. Any truth to it, son?” Inuyasha's father, Tomauru asked him. It was the day after Kagome had asked him to be her boyfriend and he was visiting his parents, Sesshomaru and his family had also come over and everyone was staring at him, waiting for his answer (ay bendito, poor dear).
“Feh, yeah, I have a girlfriend, what of it?” he asked defensively ( am I the only one who loves it when he gets defensive?).
“Oh, what is her name?” his mother, Sakura, asked.
“Her name is Kagome Moralez.”
“How long have you known her,” Kagura, his sister- in-law asked.
“About a month, I guess.”
“Uncle Inu's gotta girlfriend, Uncle Inu's gotta girlfriend,” Inuyasha's 7 year old niece, Rin, taunted.
“Rin, come on, you're supposed to be on my side, remember, I'm your fun uncle who gives you candy and soda when your parents aren't here,” Inuyasha said.
“Sorry Uncle Inu,” Rin apologized.
“Moralez, that's Spanish, isn't it little brother?” Sesshomaru asked.
“Yeah, her father was Mexican.”
“Was? You mean her father is dead, oh poor dear,” Sakura tsked shaking her head sadly.
“What does she do for a living?” Tomauru asked.
“She's a teacher a Third Street Elementary.”
“Teaching, a noble profession. I approve, when do we get to meet her?”
“What?”
“Well you don't expect your family not to want to meet the girl our youngest son is dating, do you?” Sakura asked Inuyasha.
“Well no, but...” came Inuyasha's intelligent reply.
“Then it's settled. We'll meet her as soon as possible,” said Kagura. “Just think, I may just have a sister-in-law.”
“Kagura!” Inuyasha moaned blushing. “Fine, I'm going to her church this Sunday, you guys can meet her then.”
“She's got you back in the church, wonderful,” Sesshomaru said. “What church does she attend?”
“Morning Star Baptist,” Inuyasha answered. `I hope Kagome doesn't mind this.'
“I've heard of that church. Everyone says it's a wonderful church,” Sakura said.
“Yeah, the preacher is really good.”
“Well he must be, to get you back in the church,” Tomauru commented. “Or was it just for this young lady that you went?”
“Kagome was part of it, but I was going to go back anyway.”
“Can I have some cake now, or are you still talking about Uncle Inu's girlfriend?” Rin piped up. Sakura looked at her grand daughter and smiled.
“Of course you may have some cake, darling. Do you want to help me serve it?” Sakura asked. `I'm going to be a grandmother again!'
“O.k. Grandma. Am I gonna have a cousin soon?”
“Rin!” Inuyasha cried out. “Guys, please don't say things like that around Kagome. I beg you!”
“Why little brother, when have we ever embarrassed you like that?” Sesshomaru teased (way OOC).
“I mean it!”
“O.k. Inuyasha, we promise we won't embarrass you too much this Sunday,” Kagura said, exasperated.
“Cake!” said Rin, carrying two plates to her parents. “Don't worry, Uncle Inu, I won't embarrass you.”
Meanwhile, with Kagome:
“Kagome, Souta tells me you've been seeing a young man. A hanyou dog youkai,” Kagome's grandfather Samote said, when he called Kagome that night. (Don't yell at me if it isn't perfect, I'm better at Spanish).
“Um, yeah, I have,” Kagome said, unsure of what Grandpa's reaction would be.
“Wonderful, it's about time you thought about settling down. You should be raising a family by now, not watching other people's kids.”
Sigh. I told you already, Granpa, even if I do get married, I'm not leaving my job.” `I just knew he'd say something like that.' (What did you think her grandfather would have a problem with Inuyasha being hanyou?)
“I just worry about you sometimes. I'm old and sickly, I know, I just want to know you'll have someone to take care of you.”
“I have God.”
“That's not what I meant, Kagome.”
“I know, Granpa, and I promise I'll be fine. You always say “Everything in God's time” so why do you try to rush my getting married.”
“I do not rush your getting married.”
“Oh, really? I went out with Hojo once when I was 17 and you already planned on where we would get married and how many kids we would have!”
“Alright fine, I digress, but I do get to meet him don't I?'
“Yes Grandpa, he's coming to church this Sunday. You can meet him then.” ` I hope Inuyasha doesn't mind.'
“Well, it's time for this old man to go to bed. I'll put Souta on the phone now.”
“Thanks, Granpa. I love you.”
“I love you, too. Oh Kagome, before I forget. A man named Naraku called earlier. He was asking for you.”
“W-what? What did he say?”
“Oh something about not finding you at your house so he wanted to know the address of this house.”
“Did you give him the address?”
“Goodness, no. I wanted to check with you first. Come to think of it, his name sounds kind of familiar. Was he on TV?”
“Granpa lock all the doors and windows. If he call's again tell Souta, and, please don't give him your address,” Kagome said frantically.
“Alright, sweetie, I won't. Who is this Naraku? Is he a gangster?”
“Ask Souta, Granpa. I have to hang up now. Tell Souta I love him and I'll call you guys tomorrow.”
“If you say so, I'll wait for your call.”
“Ok, I'll see you Sunday. Remember keep everything on lock down.”
“Yes, Mother.”
“Granpa,” Kagome said warningly.
“Don't worry, Kagome I'm locking the living room windows as we speak.”
“Alright then. I'll call tomorrow.”
“Goodnight then.”
“Night.” Kagome hung up the phone and went to her room. Sango was on a date with Miroku and wouldn't be home for at least two hours. Kagome knelt at her bedside and started to pray.
“Lord, I am so scared right now. Naraku's back and I don't know what to do. Protect my family, Lord. I don't want Souta constantly worrying like he did when we lived with him. In Jesus I pray, amen.”
Well that's chapter 8. I was actually wondering where Naraku went, now that's bad. Well, next chapter is when the two families meet, disaster in the making. More drama coming up in the next few chapters and a death, who will it be? I think I'll let that hang for a while.