InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel: Hola! Welcome back!
Lawyer: Who are you talking to?
Angel: All my fans! *Waves at fans* Hi!
Lawyer: You do realize you only have two reviewers, right?
Angel: Well, my story has had 765 visits. Besides, every fan counts.
Lawyer: Yeah, sweetie, whatever makes you happy.
Angel: Hey, could you do me a favor?
Lawyer: Depends, what?
Angel: Take a long walk off a short cliff.
Lawyer: Only if you stop wasting time on these stupid disclaimers that no one reads. If anyone reviews this chapter, tell “Angel” that no one reads this part, please!
Angel: Better safe than sorry, I always say.
Lawyer: You haven't even gotten to the point yet! Just tell the people you don't own Inuyasha already!
Angel: Alright, alright! Fine. I don't own Inuyasha, but when I take over the world I will.
Lawyer: *Rolls eyes* Whatever. Start the chapter.
Angel: OK!
Chapter 12
 
They still had another three hours before Souta got out of school, so the two couples went out on their own to kill some time. Sango and Miroku went out to a late lunch while Kagome and Inuyasha went to the playground two blocks away.
“Are you sure you don't mind staying at my house?” Kagome asked, sitting on a swing. Inuyasha came up behind her and pushed to swing a little.
“Of course I don't,” he told her. “If I had a problem with it, I wouldn't have offered to stay. Do you have a problem with it?”
“No, I'm actually kind of flattered you're so protective of me.” Kagome blushed and turned her head away from him. Inuyasha stopped then lifted Kagome off. Inuyasha sat where Kagome had been sitting placed her on his lap (don't be fooled, the entire process didn't take as long as the description).
“You're the best thing that's ever happened to me,” he told her.
“I know,” Kagome said, smiling as she tweaked his nose.
“I'm serious, Kagome. I had given up on everything before I met you, including God. But now, when I look at you, I know He loves me.”
“Oh, Inuyasha…” Kagome started, tears shinning in her eyes, but Inuyasha cut her off.
“I want you to know that I love you. I know I've only known you for three months, but I really do love you,”
“I love you, too, Inuyasha.” Kagome leaned back and kissed him (lucky!).
***************************************************************** *******
Halfway across town in a French café, Miroku was squirming in his seat, playing with a small black box. Sango had gone to the bathroom after they ordered their food, leaving Miroku alone with his thoughts (oh, scary).
“Sango,” he said to himself, “there comes a time in a blah, blah, blah, no!” Running his hands through his hair, he took a deep breath and tried again.
“Sango…”
“Yes?” Miroku jumped when he heard Sango answer behind him.
“I…uh…uh… I mean…erm…
“Monsieur, Mademoiselle,” said a balding waiter carrying a huge tray, “your lunch is served.”
“Thank you sir!” Mirokus said, over enthusiastically.
“Are you ok, Miroku?” Sango asked. “You look a little red.”
“I'm fine,” he told her. “Eat your snails before they crawl off your plate.”
“Ha, ha! You're hilarious,” Sango said sarcastically, sticking her fork in her soufflé.
“Sango,” Miroku started, sliding off his seat onto the floor in front of her. “There's something I've got to do.”
“Oh, my gosh! Tell me you're not about to sing again!”
“Wha? No! Look, this isn't how I imagined this going, but I need to say this before I chicken out. Sango, will you marry me?” Sango put her hand over her heart and gasped.
“Say yes, darling',” a woman who looked remarkably like Dolly Parton (sp?) encouraged her.
“Well, you heard the lady,” Sango said, smirking. “Of course I'll marry you!” The entire restaurant erupted in applause as the couple kissed.
***************************************************************** *******
Inuyasha and Kagome were still kissing in the park (awww! x__x) when Kagome broke away and looked at her watch.
“Oh, snap!” she cried jumping off the swing (ok, Inuyasha's lap). “It's 2:00, Souta gets out of school in 20 minuets (hey, that's the same time I get out!).”
“Shoot! Get on my back,” Inuyasha instructed.
“What?”
“Get on my back. Trust me!”
“Ok.” Kagome climbed awkwardly onto his back. She squealed in surprise when he jumped 50 feet into the air, but quickly began to enjoy herself (y'all know I had to put this in at least once). Forty seconds later (seriously, two blocks) they were back at Kagome's house and Inuyasha was pulling his keys out of his pocket.
“That was so much fun!” Kagome exclaimed. “Can we do that again?”
“Sure,” Inuyasha said, smirking. “First we should get your brother.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Cool!” Souta shouted, walking out of school. “I'm getting picked up in a Porsche!”
“Hey, Souta!” one of his friends called. “Who's that with your sister?”
“That's her boyfriend.”
“She's got a boyfriend? Aww, man!”
“Please, man!” another boy said. “You ain't never had a chance with her anyway.”
“Well, Inuyasha snorted, watching Souta make his way to the car, “looks like you're popular with Souta's friends.” Kagome blushed and hit his arm.
“Shut up, estupido!”
Souta got in and greeted the couple.
“Dude, you have got to marry my sister!”
“Yeah, right,” Inuyasha joked. “Who'd want to wake up to that every morning?”
“And who'd want to smell wet dog every time they went to the bathroom?” Kagome glared at Inuyasha, who glared right back.
“Um, I think he was joking, sis,” Souta stated meekly from the back. The couple up front looked back at Souta and burst out laughing, not regaining composure till they got home. Souta just stared at them and shook his head.
They found Sango and Miroku making out on the couch when they got back home.
“Ewww!” Souta cried, throwing his hands to his face. “My eyes! My eyes!” Souta turned and fled up the stairs. Inuyasha and Kagome stared open mouthed at the couple.
“So,” Kagome started, “why are you making out on my couch?”
“Sorry, Slim,” Miroku said, sheepishly. “We have an announcement. We're getting married.” A stunned silence settled over the room.
“Guys,” Sango ventured, “say something.”
“Oh, my gosh,” Kagome said at last. “Ay Dios mio! My best friends are FINALLY getting married! Aahhh!” She ran over and hugged Sango and Miroku.
“I knew this was coming,” Inuyasha said grinning. He shook Miroku's hand and hugged Sango (hey, hands off Inuyasha!).
“What took you guys so long?” Souta asked from the top of the stairs. Sango rolled her eyes and turned to Kagome.
“Of course, you'll be my maid of honor. So you'll have to help me plan the wedding and throw my bridal shower.”
“And Inuyahsa as my best man, you have to throw my bachelor party.”
“No strippers guys,” Sango warned.
“Oh, my gosh!” Kagome exclaimed. “We have so much to do! We have to call Ayame, Eri an'em. We have to get dresses, rent out a place for the reception. Do you think Rev. Tamoshi will do the ceremony? Did you guys set a date?”
“Not yet,” Sango said excitedly, “but we want to get married in the fall.”
“That sounds great! How about in a fall garden?”
“I love that idea!” The girls slowly made their way upstairs, leaving the bewildered men in the living room.
“Hey ladies,” Inuyasha called. “What about dinner?”
“Either leftovers or cook something for yourselves. We are busy!” came the reply. Inuyasha smirked and shook his head at Miroku.
“I sure hope you know what you're getting yourself into.”
“I do,” Miroku answered. “I'm about to marry the most beautiful woman in the world. I'm in love, Inuyasha!”
“Woah, ok! Enough with the sappy stuff. We still have to plan your bachelor party, remember?”
“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?” (Uh-oh. Miroku thinking never means anything good.)
“Laser tag and a football game?” Inuyasha smirked.
“Oh yeah. Let's start the guest list.”
***************************************************************** *******
Well, that's chapter 12. Man, I don't know whether to cry or vomit.
Lawyer: Personally, I vote for vomiting.
Angel: No one asked you. Anyway, I figured I should explain a few things. First of all, since Kagome and Souta are part Mexican, their skin is slightly darker than normal (sort of like they have tans) and their hair, especially Kagome's, is slightly curlier. They still have prominent Japanese features (slanted eyes, jet black hair, etc.). The overall effect is very exotic looking. Second, Kagome is still going to work, but on the day I described in the last two chapters she took off to help Miroku and Inuyasha move in. I think that's everything. Well anyway, I know I have readers out their, but I need you to review! It helps me update quicker.
God bless,
Angel15025