InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey all my fans! I know it's been forever since I updated, but what can I say. Sorry.
Lawyer: Sorry don't cut the cheese.
Me: Phew! But apparently you do! Say excuse me.
Lawyer: Blushing Ahem. Excuse me.
Me: Anyway, I have a really great chapter for…
Lawyer: Ha!
Me: I'm sorry, what was that?
Lawyer: Have you ever read your work? It sucks!
Me: No it doesn't! Take that back!
Lawyer: Why don't you make me?
Me: Fine. I'm calling your mama! Stalks off towards a door. Lawyer follows anxiously behind
Lawyer: Wait, do we really need to involve my mama? We can settle this in court! Wait! Wait!
 
Chapter
 
“I can't believe he finally asked you to marry him!” Kagome squealed. The girls were in their room getting ready for work. Well, Kagome was getting ready for work, Sango was about to look for a job.
“Me either,” Sango said. She sat at the edge of her bed and hugged a teddy bear. “In a few months, I'm going to be a wife! Oh my gosh! I have to call my mom!” Sango jumped up and skipped out the door down the stairs. Kagome laughed then pulled out the clothes she was going to wear to work.
Twenty minuets later, Kagome was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of Marshmallow Mateys ( a knock of Lucky Charms. I don't own either). She listened to her friend's end of her conversation with her mom. From where she was in the kitchen, Kagome could hear Sango's mother saying: “My baby's getting married! I'm going to be a grandmother!” Kagome chuckled and glanced at her watch.
“Sweet Mike! I'm going to be late!” She hastily ate a couple more spoonfuls of cereal and dumped the rest of it down the sink. Kagome grabbed her bag and keys and hurried towards the door.
“Hey Kagome.” Kagome turned to the stairs and saw Inuyasha walking down. “Need a ride?” he asked.
“Don't you have to go to work, too?”
“I don't have to be in until 11.”
“Alright then, but I have to leave now or I'll be…late.” Inuyasha had his keys and jacket before Kagome finished her sentence.
“Let's go,” he said.
“Um, ok. Souta, don't miss the bus!” Kagome called to her brother.
“I won't” he called back from the bathroom.
################################################################# #######
They were at the school in five minuets and Kagome was gripping the handle so hard, her knuckles were turning white.
“No offence, Inuyasha,” she said, taking a deep breath, “ but who on earth gave you a licence?”
“You said you needed to hurry,” Inuyasha answered, shrugging his shoulders.
“You almost hit that dog!”
“Aww, come on! It wasn't on a leash.”
“It was on the sidewalk!”
“Alright, I'll be more careful next time.”
“That's all I'm asking.”
“I'll pick you up after work, ok?” Inuyasha got out and walked to Kagome's side. He opened the door and helped her out. (Wow, Inuyasha's acting all grown up!)
“Thanks mi amore.” Kagome wrapped her arms around Inuyasha's neck. “Dame un beso.”
“What?”
“Give me a kiss, dummy!”
“Oh! Can do.” Inuyasha leaned in to kiss her when…
“Ms. Moralez!” another man called. “Good morning!”
“Good morning, Mr. Momoko,” Kagome said, letting out an exasperated sigh.
“How many times do I have to tell you to call me Kouga,” he asked, good naturedly. Kagome shrugged a shoulder. That's when Kouga noticed Inuyasha, who Kagome still had her arms around by the way (shoot, I wouldn't let go either). He gave Kagome a questioning look.
“Oh!” Kagome said after a second. She looked at Inuyasha (arms still around his neck). “This is the principal, Kouga Momoko. Mr…oh, I mean um, Kouga , this is my boyfriend Inuyasha.
“Your, boyfriend,”Kouga's eyebrows shot up.
“Yup, going on four months.”
“I see.” Kouga turned to Inuyasha with something like hatred in his eyes. “You're a lucky man Mr…”
“Takahashi,” Inuyasha said, glaring at Kouga.
“Takahashi? As in Takahashi Inc.?” Kouga glared back at Inuyasha.
“Yes, that's my father's company.”
“Hmm,” Kouga shifted his gaze to Kagome for an instant. “I see. Well, I have to get inside and prepare the morning announcements. Nice to meet you Mr. Takahashi.”
“Same.”
“Bye, Mr. Momoko,” Kagome gave Kouga a half wave, her arms still around Inuyasha's neck. “Ok, he's leaving, now give me my kiss.” Inuyasha leaned down and pecked her on the lips.
“I don't think your boss likes me,” he said a second later.
“What's not to like?”
“I think he likes you.”
“So?”
“So, you work with him! What if he makes a pass at you in the teacher's lounge?”
“Mr. Takahashi, I do believe you're jealous.”
“Of that wimpy wolf? (there's the Inuyasha we know and love). Hardly.”
“Well, either way, it doesn't matter who he likes or not, because I love you and that's all that counts.”
“So he's not a rival?”
“Not even on the contenders list. Now if Orlando Bloom, Antonio Banderas, or Will Smith came around, then you have something to worry about.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes and walked back to the driver's side.
“I'll see you later, then.” Inuyasha got back in the car and started the engine. Kagome tapped on his window and motioned for him to roll it down. Kagome leaned in and smiled.
“Te amo, mi corazon (I love you, my heart),” she said. Inuyasha smiled back and kissed her again (OHHHH THE FLUFF!>.<)
“Te amo tambien (I love you, too.).”
“Oye, drive carefully. I want you to stay in one piece.”
“I will.” Inuyasha pulled out and drove off. Kagome waved until she couldn't see the car anymore.
“You know he's a half-demon, right?” Kagome jumped and spun around.
“Ay! Mr.Momoko, you nearly gave me a heart attack!”
“Why him?” Kouga asked, his voice crackled with hurt.
“Why him, what?”
“Why are you with him an not with me? I mean I thought the reason we couldn't be together was because I'm a wolf demon.”
“I never said that.” Kagome tried to walk past Kouga, but he grabbed her arm.
“Then why not? What, am I not rich enough for you? Is that it?”
“No,” Kagome said, getting annoyed. “It wouldn't have worked because you are a rude, overbearing, pushy, arrogant man who only looks after himself. Now let go of my arm, Mr. Momoko.”
“I'll have you one way or another, Kagome,” Kouga threatened, tightening his grip. “That's a promise.”
“Let. Go.” Kagome said, dangerously, her accent laced in her words. “I'm warning you.”
“What are you gonna do, call your rich boyfriend to beat me up?”
“No, I'll do this.” Kagome brought her knee up into his groin. Kouga let go immediately and fell to the ground. “If you ever try something like that again, I'll report you to the police, the school board, and I will take you to court. And that's Ms.Moralez to you!” She stepped on Kouga and walked toward the school building, rubbing her arm.
“Estupido.” She muttered. “Se me duelo el brazo!”
################################################################# #######
Kagome was surprised to find most of her students already in class when she got to her room.
“Ay, chicos! Lo siento!” she said to the kids. “I didn't realize it was so late!'
“Are you ok, Ms.Moralez?” a little girl asked. “You only speak Spanish to us if you're mad.”
“Ay, no, Yuki, I'm fine. I just had a bad meeting with the principal, is all>”
“So you're ok?”
“Yes. Now class is gong to start in a couple of minuets, so take out the sub work you did and we can go over it when the bell rings.”
################################################################# #######
On the other side of the building, Kouga sat in his office, nursing his bruised pride. He opened a draw in his desk and pulled out a picture of Kagome he kept there (this guy is a serious wack job. Don't ask me where he got the picture, `cause I don't even know.)
“She can't do this to me!” Kouga said. “I'm the one she needs, not that rich spoiled pup!”
“She's really let you down, eh?” Kouga looked up in surprise. Standing in the doorway was a man in a white jacket with long black hair and dark, almost reddish eyes.
“Who are you and what are you doing in my office?” Kouga demanded. He was in no mood to be bothered with anyone.
“Easy my friend,” the man said. “The door was open, so I let myself in.”
“Who are you?”
“My name is Naraku Onmigumo.”
“Naraku Onmigumo? Aren't you that guy who just broke out of prison?”
“That hardly matters right now, does it?”
“Yes, it does. Leave the premises before I call the police.”
“Don't be so hasty, Mr.Momoko. I believe you and I have a mutual friend. Do you know Kagome Moralez?”
“Well I…”
“Of course you do. Tell me what do you think of her new boyfriend?”
“I hate that wimpy son of a …”
“Oh, I see.” Naraku chukled. “ You're in love with her, aren't you?”
“Ha! I was!”
“It isn't fair, is it.” Naraku sat in the seat across from Kouga. “I saw what happened in the parking lot. She knows your feelings and she's teasing you. She was flaunting her new relationship in your face. An obvious bad choice on her part. I mean here you are, a successful, educated man and Kagome chooses money instead. Then you try to convince her that you're the right man for her, and look what she does. She doesn't deserve you.”
“But I want her. What's so special about Inutrasha?” Kouga stared at his picture of Kagome. “I don't want to live without her.”
“And why should you?” Naraku asked, pulling the picture away from Kouga. “Why should you have to see her everyday with the wrong man? What if she marries this guy and you have to call her Mrs.Takahashi?” Naraku winced as if he tasted something horrible.
“What are you playing at, Omnigumo?”
“I'm saying, if you can't have her, then why should he? In fact, why should anyone?”
“You mean, I should…kill her?” Kouga asked incredulously, but intrigued.
“Exactly!” Naraku said. He grinned at Kouga. “It's not like you'd be hurting her. Kagome believes in God and a Heaven, so all you'd be doing is sending her to a place where she'd be safe from the wrong men. She'll be there waiting for you when you finally die and you'll have an eternity to spend together.” (Ok, what Bible is this guy reading?). Naraku stood to leave. “You'd be doing her a favor. Kagome won't listen to your reasoning in this world, poor thing thinks she's in love. But she's bound to see your logic once she gets to Heaven. After all, aren't all life's questions answered in death?” Naraku walked out of Kouga's office. “I'll be in touch,” he said over his shoulder.
“Mr.Momoko,” Kouga's elderly secretary walked in. “That man asked me to give you this.” She handed him a business card.
Naraku Omnigumo
589-555-5505
“The name sounds familiar,” the secretary said. “Wasn't he on TV?”
“Um, yeah,” Kouga said. “He's,umm, an electritian. He's going to check our wiring.”
“Oh, that's where I know him from.” The secretary chuckle. “Such a polite young man.” She walked back out to her desk
“Mmm. Maybe I…No! That guy is crazy! (the kettle calls the pot black)” Kouga threw the card into his draw along with Kagome's picture and slammed it closed.
 
 
Me: Well that's chapter. Did you enjoy.
Lawyer: sulking and rubbing his sore bottom. No, they hated it.
Me: Don't make me call your mom back. Lawyer whimpers and cowers. If you enjoyed this chapter, then review. If you hated this chapter, review anyway, I like the feed back.
Love peace and hairgrease.
Angel