InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Swing ❯ Part II: Spin ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
þÿSwing, Part II

He leaned closer to her over the bar. "I could teach you to dance."

Kagome was momentarily at a loss, her slightly gaping mouth reminiscent of a confused trout.

"Well?" Inuyasha persisted, an amused grin playing at the corners of his lips.

"I-" Why is he still holding my hand? She thought, "I suppose so. As long as it's alright for you to be away from the bar."

Inuyasha waved his hand in the direction of the dancers. "They'll flag me down if they need somethin.'"

"If you say so."

"I do say so." He flashed her a cocky grin as he came around the edge of the bar. "Let's move some of these tables."

"What? Why?"

"You really want to be crushed out there?" He asked, gesturing again toward the dance floor.

"Ehh, now that you mention it, not particularly," Kagome said with a smile.

They shoved the few tables against the far wall in relatively short order, and before Kagome really knew what was happening, she was standing in the open space with her hands clasped gently in the hanyou's.

"The thing to remember," he started, catching Kagome's brown gaze with is own golden eyes, "is that if you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong." He smiled. "Everything else is trivial."

Kagome snorted lightly. "Unless you have two left feet."

Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow in return. "Especially if you have two left feet."

"If you say so."

He chuckled. "I do say so. Now, here's the one piece of direction I'll give you for the moment. Try your best to follow me. Dancing is about the connection, so try to feel where I want you to go."

"You mean there's no moves you're going to teach me?"

"We'll get to that later. For now, just try to go where I put you."

"I guess..."

"Trust me."

"Here goes nothing, then."

"Indeed." And he launched them into the dance.

Kagome felt his weight and forward motion push her to step backward, which she accomplished much less clumsily than she had anticipated. Next, he was raising her arm above her head and she was instinctively going into a turn at the end of which she found herself pressed into his chest, his breath momentarily ghosting past her ear. Then she was spinning outward, and he'd taken both of her hands again, and she felt a rush as her eyes met his across the span of their arms.

They continued, Inuyasha leading her through some of the basic swing steps and turns. Kagome was breathless, but having the time of her life. This dance came much more naturally to her than the dancing at clubs that Ayame and Rin had toted her to on weekends. This was real movement. This was dancing. This was expansive. She felt herself pulled into another spin inward to her hanyou partner's chest.

This time he held her there for a second. "Do you trust me?"

"What?" She asked, actually pausing in the dance now.

"Do you trust me?" He breathed into her ear.

"Y-yes..."

He turned her toward him and placed his hands on her hips. "Then jump!" As she did, she felt him help her higher than she would have been able to go on her own. His hands drifted away the smallest bit, and she felt like she was flying for a split second before he grasped her again. As she came down, she straddled her legs and he caught her against his hips, his forehead dipping to close the space so they were nose to nose.

Suddenly Kagome was leaning backwards, legs still at Inuyasha's waist, ponytail brushing against the floor. His flaming yellow eyes bored into hers, and she sucked in a breath at their intensity and proximity. Just as suddenly she was on her feet again, and she snatched the edge of his gaze with an intensity of her own just before he spun her out into another turn.

Inuyasha nearly didn't lead her into that turn. The look in Kagome's eyes had practically pulled him forward, and only the rhythm of the music flowing around him caused him to automatically toss her into the next move. Thank god he could feel the song coming to a close.

He pulled her in one last time as the tune struck its final jazzy chord. Kagome spun in, expecting to land with her back cradled in his chest as before; instead his hand left hers, and her momentum took her all the way around, where his eyes halted her spin. She felt a hand on her hair next to her ear, not directive, just brushing through, and she tilted her head to look into his face, her hand coming around to rest on the small of his back.

"Kagome..." He muttered, his eyes half lidded, forehead resting against hers.

She let her eyes drop for a second before bringing them up again and pulling her head away so she could look at him properly.

"What-?" He started, looking lost.

Kagome brought her hand up to brush his bangs out of the way, but somehow ended up at the top of his head, her fingers brushing the soft fur of his ear as they wound around it to gently massage the base.

A tiny groan escaped Inuyasha as he leaned his head into her hand. He hadn't expected it at all, but he was putty in her hands nevertheless.

Kagome was entranced at his reaction. She hadn't really meant to rub his ear, but it had just looked so... inviting, and she hadn't been able to help herself. She nearly shuddered when she heard another tiny moan issue from his lips. She leaned up to him, her breath feathering across his mouth.

"I'm not usually this bold..." she whispered, closing the space a little more. "It's just..."

Inuyasha's eyes snapped open as he felt her words tumble over his lips. He met with her intense espresso stare. He wasn't putty anymore. He was goo.

"...the way you dance." Kagome finished, her lips fluttering across his. She felt his hand clench in her ponytail against her neck, and he pulled her up to seal their mouths together as thoroughly as possible. Their lips parted and tongues slid against each other, continuing their dance. Kagome pressed herself into him, feeling the contours of his frame and tangling her hands in his luxurious silvery white hair.

She felt his arms tighten around her, even as he pulled his mouth away just enough to sigh against her lips, "No, it's the way we dance."